Thomasville Furniture Logo

Thomasville Furniture

Having problems with Thomasville Furniture?

1925 Eastchester Drive
Thu8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thomasville Furniture.

Complaints & Reviews

Thomasville Furniturewaited over three months for delivery promised in one week!

I went into the local Thomasville store and bought a lamp table from Thomasville's Cinnamon Hill group. I paid cash (second big mistake). Was promised deliver of table (I was told it was "in stock") the following Friday (they only deliver in my area one day--at their convenience). I received a call on my cell an hour after purchase saying it was not "in stock" and would not be delivered for six weeks! I agreed to wait (third big mistake). At six weeks, the table was still not available. At another six weeks, with a scheduled delivery date promised by a manager...still no table...no delivery...not even a phone call. I called them, no table in stock. I was Promised another delivery date for the following Friday--absolutely guaranteed. We'll see, it's only Tuesday. Oh, and if you're wondering what I feel was my first "big mistake, " it's doing business with Thomasville at all. I'm sorry to say It's my last purchase from Thomasville...table delivery or no table table delivery. Their "reputation" speaks for itself.

Josie Golden Sep 04, 2008

I cannot agree with you more!!!

We placed an order in June and just found out that the final parts of it will not be delivered until October!!! I don't care if they've run out of items (none of our missing items are custom orders), 6-8 weeks is what the web site quotes. How about giving me 1% back for every day past the 8 weeks? That would at least make me feel as if they care.

Heidi Feten Oct 06, 2008

This is absolutely correct ... very bad company reputation in the industry. They are over 6 months past due with their delivery. Very dishonest people at Thomasville.

Thomasville Furniturebad product worse service

Just shameful from front to back.

The order was ok and on time, Home Depot was even great in the kitchen design. But shame on them for recommending Thomasville.

These cabinets are low quality and the paint chips off at a whiff of wind. In addition the hinges are now failing regularly and getting someone over here has been impossible.

Not sure where to go with this company and that has been the worst part. I am not sure what my options are either with them.

I am waiting for their rep yet again to come over and have a look but it is obvious that this is just low quality crap and fighting customer service is going to get me another low quality facing for these things.

Very Expensive Mistake with Thomasville!!!

• Di
        Didi Oct 31, 2008

We ordered Thomasville kitchen cabinets from Home Depot in Vancouver this July. It arrived on time but we couldn't believe the poor quality we were getting.

1 door split, 1 door has stain bubbles and some doors aren't even finished well (felt very rough on the edge).
        Talked to the kitchen designer at Home depot and he said everything is under warranty and those can be replaced.

We have been patiently waiting for the rep to call or ship the replacement and two months now after we got it installed and still got no response from ThomasVille.

Can someone tell me how to deal with the situation?
        We paid so much for such awful stuff, who says ThomasVille is a good name we can trust?

Thomasville — identity theft

I recently purchased furniture at Thomasville and opted for the free financing option. I completed a paper...

Thomasville Furnituredelayed

A custom order placed on May 26, 08 Tomasville estimated delivery time is approx.60-75days. As of today it has been 83days without furniture. This company has developed a bad/terrible reputation and will never be used/referred by myself or anyone I know or come in contact with.

Heidi Feten Oct 06, 2008

We have had a horrible experience with Thomasville also. Placed an order in August 2008 and was told it would be 6-8 weeks. Now they call (10/6/08) and say it won't come until January 2009 or maybe February 2009. ALso, they will not return our inquiries. Do not recommend this outfit to anyone. Several others we have spoke to in the furniture industry say that Thomasville has a very bad reputation. Especially with shipping from China and very corrupt company.

Hema Gupta Mar 11, 2010

I have the similar experience.

I ordered a dining set in October of 2009 and paid in full. It was supposed to be delivered in 4-6 weeks. However after 146 days I am still waiting to get my furniture.

Hema Gupta
          Ottawa, Ontario
          Canada

• Di
          Disappointed in Thomasville Jan 15, 2011

I had a similar experience and I am very disappointed in how the store manager handled the situation. I ordered a complete living room set with custom fabric in the beginning of August 2010 and was told that everything would be delivered together by the end of September. Towards the end of September I called to get an update on a delivery time from our sales person, Michael, and was notified at that time that the wing-back chair fabric we ordered was discontinued. I asked why he had not initiated the call and he said that he wasn't aware until just then. I immediately went back in to Thomasville to pick out new fabric. At that time I was told by Michael that the sofa and oversized chair were due to be delivered by the first week of October. October came and went and I did not receive a call from anyone at Thomasville. I called and spoke to the store manager and he was not apologetic AT ALL! He was not able to give any updates and could not provide an explaination. 3 of the 4 items were FINALLY delivered in November a couple of days before Thanksgiving. I called the store to ask where the wing-back chair was and spoke with Tamika. Tamika was helpful and stated that the chair was on back order and should be available by February. I asked for the manager, who was less than apologetic for the mis-information, bad customer service and missing furniture. So here we are in January 2011 and I still don't have a wing-back chair and have not received 1 call from anyone at Thomasville Furniture. I finally called again last week and asked for an ETA from J.J. who was not able to give one...again. I asked for a refund but he didn't know the process for that either but said he would call back. I reminded him of his track record of returning calls and he guaranteed that he'd call me back the next day (Friday). So Friday came and went and no call. I went in person and J.J. (the store manager) told me that he forgot to call me back - No apology and no update. I cancelled the order and asked for a refund. I am thoroughly disappointed in Thomasville of Newport News and their lack of customer service and very passive manager. I will never recommend Thomasville furniture to anyone.

Thomasville Furniture — raw deal, lies!

We were looking for a new sofa, they had a sale, so we stopped in. We really liked the sofa that was on the...

Thomasville Furnituredon't buy anything from them

Anyone looking to purchase furniture should completely avoid Thomasville furniture stores and products. Horrible customer service, poor quality and nothing but excuses. Made the mistake of buying from them and 1 year later issues still not resolved. I've had 2 complete replacements of product, 6 different deliveries and changing your schedule to accommodate them. Worst, they won't return your calls, provide status and the turn over of people is so high you never speak to the same person twice. The shipping firm told me they bring back as much as they deliver! Buyer beware, Thomasville Furniture should be avoided at all cost!

• Su
            Susan Winerip Apr 19, 2009

I totally agree -- we bought a sofa, chair and ottoman, and a recliner -- the chair was so bad that it was finally replaced after almost a year of back and forth complaints -- my salesperson was good, but the store manager never returned my calls, and had promised to come out to the house, and never did. I had to write to the CEO to get any service at all -- they replaced the chair, and the new (more expensive one) came in with the exact same type of cushion as the old one. You sink to the bottom immediately, and it doesn't even bounce back! We're still waiting for a new, firmer cushion. The sofa cushions were replaced, and are still not ok - we were told that we had to fluff, rotate and massage them so they would look good!!!

Buying from Thomasville was an expensive, terrible mistake. We're in our 60's, and have bought many sets of furniture over the years, at many price points -- this is the WORST furniture I have ever owned.

Thomasville Furnitureproblems with thomasville furniture!

My wife and I recently purchased a Felicity Sunlit Cherry Bedroom Suite from Thomasville Furniture. Our Thomasville saleswoman had led us to believe that our Thomasville furniture would be made in North Carolina, but when it was delivered we discovered that it was all made in China. Thomasville had built its reputation on delivering high quality American-made furniture from North Carolina -- but it appears that those days are now long gone.

The fit & finish of our Thomasville made-in-China furniture was poor. There's really no other way to describe it. Our bedroom suite has a total of 28 drawers. Many drawers weren't centered in their openings; some drawers were recessed in too far, and other drawers extended out too far. After 2 visits from Thomasville's repair people, we still have: 8 drawers not centered in their openings; 13 that extend out too far; and 7 that are recessed in too far. Thomasville's repair people told us that our remaining problems were non-repairable. So I guess we'll just have to learn to live with this poor quality.

When we purchased our furniture, we specifically asked our Thomasville saleswoman what kind of wood was used in its construction. She told us it was "entirely cherry". When we later asked Thomasville's repair people that same question, they looked at our furniture and readily identified over 5 different species of wood -- just one was cherry, and at least 2 were obscure, unidentifiable Chinese hardwoods. What we actually received was quite different from what we paid for. When we brought this to the attention of the management of our Thomasville dealer, they completely ignored our complaint.

At first glance, Thomasville's construction quality appeared to us to be quite good (i.e., dovetail drawers, etc.). But in places where it wouldn't be quite as obvious to a customer, some of the furniture's joints are held together with staples. That doesn't instill much confidence that the furniture will last for more than a few years. We would have expected to find that kind of cheap construction in bedroom suites that cost under $1,500 -- but not in a Thomasville bedroom suite that cost us over $5,000!

My wife's dresser arrived with a large 10" circular hole in the back of the cabinet. Rather than repairing this damage "before" the furniture was shipped, Thomasville's factory instead tried to conceal the damage by screwing a large Masonite panel over the hole. While Thomasville repaired the damaged back panel "after" we discovered it, the point is that Thomasville deliberately shipped severely damaged furniture to a customer with the hope that the damage would never be discovered. That's not what one would expect from a quality "world class" furniture brand.

Thomasville's furniture is shipped with a Chinese "plasticized" finish. In our experience, it attracts dust like a magnet and unlike a quality lacquered or varnished finish it's relatively soft and easily damaged. According to Thomasville's "printed furniture care instructions" my wife and I are not suppose to allow synthetics, rubber, or plastics to rest on the wood finish as they may damage the finish. That, of course, prohibits placing most lamps, clocks, radios, TVs, pens, etc. on top of your Thomasville furniture unless you first modify the bottoms of those products.

Everything at Thomasville seems to now be focused on charging its customers as much as possible, while at the same time cutting its costs as much possible. Even the screws that hold the knobs to the drawers have been cost-cut. Rather than extending the screws into the knobs by at least 3/8", they just barely touch the knob. The cost savings across an entire bedroom set has to be less than a dollar -- and yet amazingly Thomasville still went for it.

After contacting our local Thomasville dealer several times about many of these problems and receiving no satisfaction, my wife and I wrote to Ed Teplitz, president of Thomasville Furniture Industries -- and also to Ralph Scozzafava, CEO of Furniture Brands International. Furniture Brands International owns Thomasville, along with Broyhill, Lane, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, and Maitland-Smith. Neither of them ever responded to us. That pretty much sums-up our Thomasville customer satisfaction experience.

• Mr
              Mrs. Aseyah Chetram Apr 14, 2008

I had the same treatment with my simmons bed that I purchased from Thomasville in Buford, Ga.

Cancelled my order after receiving damaged goods twice in a row.

Customer service and sales representatives are rude, deceiving.

Thomasville do not hold up to their standard!!!

• Do
              Dorothy A. Mills Apr 27, 2008

Bedroom set, I don't know what kind of finish that they have on the furniture. I bought a vanity tray with rubber tips and it took off the finish from the dresser. Now I have four dots on my dresser. I have to call them to see just what they will do.The warranty is good for one year.I have been
              having trouble with them since my furniture was delivered.They keep giving me th run around. I guess they
              hope I will give up, or maybe they hope the warranty will expire.I really don't know what to do. I have been trying to get them to put a sopport in the center of the bed.I'ts a full size bed an they said they don't make frames for full size beds.I checked the enternet and they do have frames for full size beds with a center support. I can't understand why the warehouse is having so much trouble getting one.
              Sincerely
              Dorothy A. Mills

• Ca
              Carol Santmier Nov 07, 2008

I have had a horrible time with two chairs and an ottoman that I purchased form the Buford, GA store. Customer service at Classic Moving and Storage has been horrible. I have been without one of my chairs for 108 days out of 10 months this past year. I still don't have my chair and no one is working on it (I was told it is sitting in a warehouse). They took it back for it's second issue. Poor quality. I am just waiting for the other chair to have issues. Unacceptable. I will never buy from Thomasville again.

• Br
              B R J Feb 16, 2009

Feb. 16, 2009
              We purchased a WORKSTYLES Computer Workstation [protected] and Storage Bookcase Hutch [protected] in the Licorice finish March 9, 08 at the Va. Bch. VA store for $1, 808.40 including sales tax. It was delivered by Executive Delivery Service April 1, 08 and we accepted delivery. After a few hours we noticed an oder coming from it (fumes from the finish). We tried to live with it for a few days, but the fumes were so bad I called them and complained about it. They sent another one to take it's place on June 5, 08, by Executive Delivery, it looked like it had been setting around their wharehouse getting beat up and wet, so we didn't accept it. I called them again, they offered to bring another one in a different finish and we said OK. Anyway they delivered the last one in a different finish September 22, 08 and like fools we accepted it. Since then the doors are warping, we noticed it has little dings in it in various places. We think that it was probably a floor model from one of their stores. My wife sent an e-mail of complaint to the factory and it was never answered. Our final comment: WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER ITEM OR GO INTO ONE OF THEIR STORES AGAIN.
              The Jones family
              Chesapeake, VA

• My husband and I experienced a very similar situation with Thomasville. POOR customer service, they LIE to you about where your item is manufactured and they never get back to you when you leave them messages wondering why it has been 4 months and your item still has not been delivered. We spent just over $4000 to get a low quality item made in China, delivered 125 days after purchase and when it was delivered it was completely damaged so we had to refuse the delivery!!

What kind of service is that? THOMASVILLE'S! The worst furniture company in North America.

• 3k
              3katz Aug 31, 2011

We purchased a gorgeous bedroom suite at over $5, 000, Thomasville Fredericksburg style. We were led to believe it was all cherry, and it is made in China from some sort of wood. My nightstand top is so scratch from placing books on it it is unbelievable. We are very dismayed at this furniture, it attracts dust and scratches like no other. Buyer beware!