Having problems with The RoomStore?

The RoomStore Customer Service Contacts

3011 E Broadway Rd Ste 100
Phoenix, Arizona

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The RoomStore Customer Service. Initial The RoomStore complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The RoomStore above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The RoomStore. Discuss the issues you have had with The RoomStore and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The RoomStore Complaints & Reviews

The RoomStoreSectional set

I am very unhappy with my purchase. I purchased a tweed Midnight Blue Sectional from RTG with the extended warranty. Had the set for a 1 1/2 and now the material is separating from the seams. When I called the warranty department, was told this is not covered because they don't cover seam separation. I was never told when I bought it that this would occur. RTG is taking no responsibility for this and I'm left with bad furniture that I'm still paying on. If they would have told me of this I would have never purchased it. Someone from RTG needs to contact me and make this right.

Sectional set

The RoomStore — peeling of the fake leather on the couch I purchased from the roomstore

The couch I purchased from the Roomstore in 2014 has started peeling on the fake leather. This is the poorest...

The RoomStore — Sectional sofa warranty plan

I purchased a sectional sofa on 2/19/11 and I also purchased the Platinum warranty plan for $150. It was to...

Roomstore — Furniture

I purchased my leather plush reclining couches about 5 years ago. Since I had them I have been having issue...

Roomstore Furniture and customer service/delivery

1.0 star rating 11/4/2015 I'd give a negative star if I could. We have spent a LOT of money at the store. Bought many items. Had to return all but one over and over until they got it right. They either delivered the wrong thing or it was damaged. They always made us keep it and refused to take it back . Then you have to WAIT another entire day for their delivery. SO far I've been forced to sit at home 8 days waiting for them to deliver the correct thing! Not to mention they come through the house and the floors get filthy I had to professionally have them cleaned! That cost $2100! We have ordered 3 mattresses that are like the sleep number beds which we love they were the only things that were correct. THen we ordered an entire bedroom set bed headboard, dresser with mirror, and night table. Those all came fine and were good. Love them. Next though, we ordered a very expensive nice Broyhill bed with lights etc., they brought us one that was very small and NOT the one we paid for and ordered, told us to just be happy with that one (delivery guy said that!) ! The one they delivered was a third of the price and smaller then the one we paid CASH for!. I called to complain and they said they would send the right one . They delivered the SAME WRONG BED 2 more times!!! Making me stay home every day waiting for their deliveries! Day 4 and delivery 4 for this bed and they got it right however, they tried to tell us they wouldn't leave the headboard with lights and we can't have that but it "looks great the way it is" because they didn't want to LIFT the bed under the ceiling fan then around it which took 2 minutes and not much more work! They wanted to really take it and use it in their home I am sure of it! I was angry! Decided the delivery people were bad. Glad to just have it done. Bed looks great finally after a week of torture and dealing with it all! THen, we also ordered a dining table. A marble one. It came damaged on top. I called and again waiting another day. When they came with the replacement they tried to tell me the tables were all damaged like that and to accept it! I didn't and we finally got one that is good! Next we had also ordered an electric reclining couch. It didn't go together right and they guy said it was fine and left. We had 3 different deliveries with 3 tries and it never came without some kind of damage or scratch etc. We finally went into the store and got a different one and it came good. We tried again this week. We bought a marble table. Wanted it to match the dining table we had got. The one delivered was a PLASTIC table! Peeling, dings in it and the legs didn't hit the floor so it wobbled...not to mention, it was plastic and not marble! We called to exchange it and they said we hadn't ordered since 2012! We spent over $10, 000 there a month ago on fancy sleep number type beds and sets, couch, dining table etc! (above) THey refused and also said we never got a delivery that day, we had got it 15 minutes before calling! After an hour of arguing, I called the store who helped but by the time they got back to us (Later in the day) we were so mad and had been on hold so many times for so long we just wanted our money back and we will never go to roomstore again! Did I mention they tacked on delivery charges they say we cannot have back! Plus they have been charging us for extended warranties we NEVER wanted and said NO to and a leather kit we TOLD them we didn't want! I want money back for all of that as well! We told them we didn't want all of that. Now, they came again today and got the table but... the delivery driver was rudely trying to make me keep the crappy table. He finally got angry and left, I closed the door and went to take a shower... the bell rang, not once but over and over like someone was frantic and dying, then banging on the door and WINDOWS only to see a hispanic man peering into my window face pressed against it ... this continued for 43 minutes! NOT EXAGERATING! OMG! I got one call from them which was a voicemail of him KNOCKING!!!... later my husband complained to the store, still no money back (they owe us a lot of money) also, they gave us a store credit when they overcharged us $32 which is a ploy to get us back and I want the money for that as well!I'm angry and done with the roomstore). later now in the day, the delivery guy came back, peering in my windows and over my gate (we have security cameras and I saw him) and banging on the door ringing the bell another half hour!)... I'm going to have to file a restraining order on the roomstore delivery people I guess! OMG! I cannot believe it. THey have no reason to come back here but to harass me! Terrible since I was a great customer who paid cash for everything and spent tens of thousands the past few months and the past few years even more. NOw, I"ll NEVER go to another roomstore again! THe delivery dept. is HORRIFFIC! THe items they deliver are 99percent of the time damaged in some way!

Roomstore Liars, defraud, wicked, greedy, and no respect for there customers

My family and I went to the roomstore to buy furniture for our new home. we spend over 8 thousand dollars and two months later after delivery we noticed that the leather they said was real was not because the color had changed on the chair and the couch and loveseat were also changing colors I wiped the material with just a damp white cloth with plain water the spot became made it worst. I called to let them know what was going on with the furniture and they were so disrespectful. I explained to the lady that I did not want my money back but to exchange the furniture for something different. The lady said the furniture could be fixed without a problem.

They sent over a repairman with a piece of leather to replace the back of the chair. I knew it could not be replaced the piece that the repairmen brought over was also damaged. He took pictures of the damaged furniture and said someone will contact you within two weeks. They never called so I called again to check on the status. The a lady answered I explained to her that the piece was damaged and what do we do next. She explained that I could have the furniture replaced but it would take a month because the furniture was being shipped from Germany. she gave me a date when the furniture will be here we waited patiently.

When the date arrived we called the store to see if the furniture had arrived they said that there was a problem with the shipment, the furniture did not make it. The lady said for us to come back to the store and pick out something else, we did and they lady said you all should just wait on the shipment furniture because what we picked out would just be the same time to be delivered again, we kindly said ok.

The furniture never came so again We went back into the store, The lady that sold us the furniture said the furniture should be here by June 30th 2012 to call for a delivery date because they wanted to get the old furniture. When we called for a delivery date they gave us the run around again saying the only way we don’t have to pay for delivery is that we wait on the furniture that is being delivered to from another place because new furniture would cost us more. We did not hear from them we went back into the store, they lied and said the furniture would be here in two or three days.

The next few times, we talked with the Roomstore representative on the phone they explained that they were changing companies and that they would take care of us. The last time we talked with them they said if we wanted furniture or our money back we needed to file a claim against the company. They knew all of this in December that they were fileing for bankruptcy but never said anything to us the whole time we were talking in the months since January up until now.

The RoomStoreDefective Furntiture

We bought a leather couch set in Oct 2011. Few months later the chaise reclined back and then we could not get it back up. A repair guy came and said the spring to the lever came out and fixed it. He told us that if this happens again that we can ask for a new chaise (the same thing our sales person, Jack at the Paradise Valley location said). It broke yet again. Some technician came and said they have to order a piston. Today another technician came and said there is nothing wrong with the piston and it is another part that they have to order. We asked for a new chaise the second time it broke and management said that they need to evaluate the situation, etc...not what we were told by the salesman or the first service technician. We wasted $4, 000 on this couch and it is defective and The Roomstore does not stand by what they told us. We will never get furniture from them again.

• Tj
            tjobe Jun 22, 2012

My name is Terri Jobe and I am the Director of Customer Loyalty for RoomStores in VA, NC, SC and MD. Although we are not affiliated with these stores, I do have contact information for their corporate office. If you would email me at [email protected], I will be happy to forward it to you.

Roomstore — wiil not honor warrenty

We bought a sofa and recliner brand new off the showroom floor in November 2011. The sofa has recliners on...

Roomstore Lies about date furniture will be in stock

I had the same issue with the Roomstore location at the Columbia, MD store I recommend you get a refund like I did if you have not received your furniture yet. Below I detail my horrible ordeaI I had with that Roomstore location. will say my first purchase of an entertainment center purchased from the Roomstore last year was delivered on time, without an problems and works great. But I purchased a recliner from the Roomstore in Columbia, MD on 9/17/11 because of my previous positive experience with the roomstore. I bought this to replace my broken recliner. I was told by the sales lady named Susan Quinn (who was very nice and pleasant) that the recliner was on back order with the manufacturer but they would have one in stock and delivered to me by the end of September. Wrong! I called customer service at the beginning of October only to be told the item was not yet in stock but it would be in stock and delivered to me by Mid October. Wrong again! I called their customer service late last week only to now be told they will not have that recliner in stock till early to mid November at the earliest and that is not even a guarantee, .
          I called the delivery department on Wednesday 10/19 and was told my my furniture would not be in stock till mid to late November now. Thursday 10/20 I called the delivery department again and was told they don't have access to tell me when an item will be in stock and I had to go to the store I bought it from to find out that information. I was told by the second phone rep on Thursday that the first phone shouldn't have given me a November delivery date because they have no access to such information. I went to the Columbia store on 10/20 and the salesman looked up my order and told me they have 10 of those chairs on order and I am #4 on the waiting list and they will have it in stock by late October at the latest. I was also told by the store salesman he had no idea where the phone rep got a delivery date of mid to late November. I told the salesman if my item is not in stock by late October as promised they will be seeing me again and I will not be so nice this time.
          I called the delivery department on 10/31 and after being transferred to several different people I was eventually transferred to the Columbia store where I bought my recliner. I was told I needed to speak to my sales person Susan Quinn who they couldn't locate at the moment. I chose to visit the store later that evening instead. Susan who as usual was very friendly pulled my order up in the system and tells me it was due to arrive in late October and since today is the last day of October she couldn't estimate when my recliner would be in but she hoped it would be soon. Meanwhile I sit at home on a recliner that is broken and is killing my back. Thats why I bought a new recliner in the first place. Susan tells me I am #3 on the waiting list out of a group of 13 people waiting. I see 3 customers waiting ahead of me for the same recliner in the same color. The supposed #1 customer has been waiting since August 1st for their recliner. Who makes a customer wait 3 months for furniture? That is not customer service. But heres where it gets interesting. I see a customer has been waiting since March 2011 for the same recliner and Susan tells me that customer has not finished paying for their furniture yet and thats why they've been waiting since March and haven't received it yet. I am told by Susan the customer waiting since March is last on the waiting list till they pay off the recliner. I also am told 13 people have order the same recliner in the same color as me but they only have 10 on order. Who sells more recliners than what they have on order? Especially if a customer has been waiting 3 months to receive theirs. I left the store tonight thinking I would wait another week or two to see if the recliner comes in. But after sitting in my broken recliner and feeling nothing but back pain I can no longer wait.
          I emailed the customer loyalty department last night. This evening around 5:30 I received a call from Margo who said she was the store manager of the store in Columbia, MD. She said she had received an email from me explaining how upset I am about my order. I explain to her how upset I am about my ordeal. I then ask if I can have my recliner in a different color because my sales woman Susan Quinn told me the color I wanted was the only color that was out of stock. Margo the supposed store manager tells me she can't switch me to another color because the Roomstore is out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin and has been for many months. I'm then told the mfgr which is Franklin keeps pushing back the date on when they will ship the Roomstore the items. She says they have no furniture made by Franklin instock. She then offers me the floor model at a discounted price of $50 off. For all my trouble and hassle all I am offered is $50 off. Really? I want to order a NEW chair NOT a USED floor model. Who goes to a store looking to purchase a floor model? Also why not tell me up front they're out of stock on all furniture made by Franklin? Further proof that the Roomstore is only out to make a sale and doesn't care about their customers.
          I went to the Roomstore on RT. 40 in Catonsville, MD on 11/1 to see what they would say about the my recliner. I was told the recliner would not be in stock till late December or early January at the very earliest. I went back to the Columbia, MD store and Margo processed my refund on 11/1 after I decliner floor model or another recliner. Hopefully refund comes soon. DO NOT SHOP AT THE ROOMSTORE BECAUSE THEY LIE ABOUT WHEN ITEMS WILL BE IN STOCK TO GET A SALE!! They just lost a customer which I'm sure they don't care about.

• Bh
              BHughes Jun 27, 2012

I got the same run around regarding a new bedroom set for my toddler, this from the Sterling VA store.

Promised delivery dates missed, run around from the manager, before finally offering a discount on the defective floor model because the manufacture is now out of business.

Seems like all the teach in training is the art of deception.

Roomstore Furniture — Problem with Delivery

I ordered a bedroom set at the end of July and was told that they would deliver my bedroom set in a week and...

Roomstore Warranty ServiceTerrible service

ROOMSTORE WARRANTY IS TERRIBLE. Customer service is worse. My advice: DO NOT PURCHASE fabric protection plan or any other warranty other than what comes with your roomstore furniture. We bought a sleeper sofa in 2007. The first time we tried to use our warranty 5 year protection plan for a stain on the sofa this week (1/17/2011), we are told that they will not send out a roomstore technician to even come look at the stain to see if it is something that they can remove.

In the roomstore warranty book, it says to call within 48 hours, but you call and leave a message with a random front desk person. Then you’re told that the claim will go to warranty and they have 72 hours to return your call. Finally they return your call just to tell you that because you don’t know the exact day or time of the spill or exactly what the spill is, they are denying the claim…even after we told them that we don’t care if it comes out – just please send someone to at least take a look. When we asked the purpose of the warranty, we are told to go read the roomstore warranty book in full detail in a patronizing voice.

So last advice: if you do stupidly buy the roomstore warranty – make sure you make up a time/date and chemical makeup of whatever the spill or stain is prior to making your claim. Even then, it’s sure to be denied by some other minor detail you overlooked in the manual.

RoomStore FurtnitureWrong Quotes--three times

I recently went in to purchase a full living room set (06/01/2011) and was given a quote from the financial manager saying that my monthly payments were going to be $226.00 and $336 down. Because they didn't have it in stock I decided to wait to pay untill they did, to keep me 1st in line they told me to pay $100 towards my downpayment. I was called back in the office on 06/03/2011 becuase it was in stock and they were wanting me to do the contract and pick up my furniture. When I got there a different guy (Tim-Manager for RAC) looked at my quote and told the sales person (Gigi) that she did it wrong and because she coded it wrong but promised me free shipping now she will have to pay for it out of pocket (very unprofessional to critize her in front of a customer). Then he re-quoted me $222 mthly and $311 down due for the extra prorated days (understandable and $4 cheaper for mthy payments-cool). Then I said "well I should only pay $285 because I already paid $100", his response was "well that get applied towards your principle not your downpayment. (Frustration#1!). I still agreed to this point to continue the process. Then 10 minutes later he tells me " oh, I made a mistake, you will need to pay $385 down and $275 mthly payments." (Is it just me or is something not right about this picture?!?!?!) So I argueed back, "No, John (RAC-Assistant Manager) quoted me these rates, and started to argue back how that couldn't of happened and he would of not quoted me those rates. I informed him I have it in writing and can proof, and I don't appreciate him calling me a liar and he wasn't there when I had the conversation with him. This Tim guy did not care at all! He pretty much agreed that the messed up on the quoted (3 different times) and this is what it should be, take it or leave it! I was furious. Then the store Manager for RoomStore said he will try and accommidate me for their mistakes. The next day 06/04/2011 I recieve a phone call with lower monthly payment to $199, that only gives me the sectional, and chair! I originally signed for the sectional, ottoman, chair, two end tables and two lamps! Your not accomidating me your taking off stuff that I want! Of coarse my payments going to be cheaper it less stuff than I originally signed for. At this point I have broke all blood vessels in my brain and rather than getting ghetto on them I said forget it, give me my money back!! They then told me I have to wait for corporate to send me a check to my address within 10- 14days. Then they had the audacity to tell me that I signed the agreement that stated the refund policy. I responded, is that the same quote that was originally given to me that apparently you guys have already defaulted on?! Don't go to this place its a rip off! And as soon as I'm done with them they will definitly have a bad name!!

• Si
                  SisforSatisfaction Jul 24, 2011

Which Roomstore did you go to?

• TwinkleTwinkle Jun 04, 2011

You did the right thing to cancel, they dont sound very organised and who is to say once you get your furniture they dont change their mind and up the payments again. If they have quoted you a price they should be made to stick to it otherwise why bother giving somebody a quote esp when you put a deposit down with that quote.

The RoomStoreDefective furniture

Bought a living room set in Jan. paid over $3, 000.00 for the set. after delivery and set up the back of the recliner and one section of the sofa will not stay attached (it is a leather set) and one of the release buttons to allow sofa to recline does not work.

It took two weeks before a service man came out to look at it. at first he was going to just half *** fix the problem, but I would not let him so then I was told that they would have to order the parts to fix from the factory and should hear something in a few weeks.

2 months before I finally got someone to contact me. Since then I have made several calls to customer service and have been told that they are waiting for the part. I called the store where I purchased the set and was told that they could not do anything about it now that customer service was involved.

I am sick and tired of waiting and want my living room set replaced. we have already paid over 4 payments.

• Tj
                    tjobe Apr 28, 2011

My name is Terri Jobe and I am the Director of Customer Loyalty for RoomStores in NC, SC, VA, TX, MD and DC. Please contact me at [email protected] and I can assist you.

The RoomStoreScammed

Beware purchasing a mattress at this Roomstore! They claim that you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee with a full refund. They require that you use one their mattress covers which I understood would keep the mattress in re-saleable condition. They included that at no charge AND gave us 2 free foam pillows! Nice, huh?
                  Well, the mattress started developing sinkholes in less than one month and I called to return it. Yes, full refund. But wait...they then charged me for the "free" mattress cover and 2 foam pillows at almost $500! The mattress pad I could almost understand but the pillows were still in their packages, unused, unopened. That was almost 1/3 of the price of the mattress itself! Beware the "free" stuff. They will charge an exorbitant price for them if you dare try to return your purchase. I will not be shopping at the Roomstore anymore.
                  Carol

Roomstore — Failure to comply with delivery

I puchased a sofa and chair set, we decided to pick up the furniture ourselves and did so when they arrived...

Arizona the RoomStore/Sofa and loveseatBad Customer Service

I purchased a love seat and sofa last year.

In a little over a month of purchase both the sofa and the love-seat started sagging in middle.

I called the customer satisfaction department at the RoomStore to ask them about their warranty repair. The woman I spoke with said this happens occasionally but that it is quite rare for it to happen to two pieces. She proceeded to say they will call to arrange an appointment for an inspector to come out and take a look and get measurements.

They did call within the week to schedule the inspection and within less than a month the inspector came in to check the pieces. He said that this definitely needs to be fixed and proceeded to take his measurements and pictures.

A couple of weeks later the RoomStore called and setup a time for a service technician to come out and repair the sofa and love seat. The service technician was quick to start working, and without even paying attention he opened up the bottom of the sofa from the wrong end and had to put it back together before opening the right side. When he took the bottom off it was immediately clear that the core foam was sagging and defective.

I asked if the core foam should be replaced, but he did not agree proceeded to attempt to fix it by putting a thin piece of foam to even out the sag, while giving me an explanation about "simple physics" as if I was an idiot. He did this on both pieces. While the love seat seemed to be fixed, the sofa still had issues. He only reinforced the middle cushion, which now was extra firm, but the two remaining sides still leaned in towards the middle.

I called again, and explained the current situation and told them they need to resolve the issue with the sofa. They agreed and said they would send the service technician back out to make the necessary repairs and that no inspection would be required. The appointment was made right away for the next upcoming week.

He showed up late for the appointment, and proceeded to say he had to take measurements and photos to get approved before he could do the work and without explaining anything more he left.

A week went by without us hearing a word from the RoomStore, so my husband called to find out. They proceeded to tell him that the inspector's report came back that the sofa was fine and the repairs are fine. He proceeded to tell them that they need to send someone else out to inspect it then, because there is clearly a defect. They immediately agreed to send out an inspector from their company instead of the normal contractors they use, which was scheduled for a few days later.

Two RoomStore inspectors came in and before even getting near the sofa confirmed that it indeed look like it was repaired poorly. They did their full inspection and report and confirmed that the core foam needs replacing and that they will submit their report to get it done.
                    A couple of days later (10/14/2010), the RoomStore called to confirm what the inspectors said and that they have put in the order for a new core foam for the sofa.

Three months later we are still waiting for the part to arrive. I called 4-5 times to check on the status and keep getting the same response that they will call when we get the piece.

Roomstore/SealyCustomer Service

We bought a mattress from the Roomstore back in July 2008, with the mattress came a 3yr warrenty from the roomstore! For the first year and half, the mattress was fine! Then very quickly we started noticing the mattress started caving in, The center of the mattress is the worst. We called the roomstore about the problem, first they couldn't find that we purschased a mattress from them, second they came out in october and was told by the service tech that the small stain on mattress they would void out any claim, the small stain was a water spot! We cleaned mattress and called for another appointment again! Third time out the tech said mattress is really really bad, one of the worst that he has seen. But he said it's going to be hard to prove that there is a problem because it must have 1.5 inch difference in center and that this mattress has a memory foam topper for 3inchs on top! I told him to do the best he can and write his report. Customer Service Dept called me a few days later! Blanca there told me that it's not covered. I asked what she meant, she said it's a comfort issue and there is nothing she can do about it. I then asked to speak with the Manger and she told me she was the manger there. I called back and found out that she wasn't the manger there that her boss is Elizbeth, I left a message with Elizbeth because she was gone to lunch. Elizbeth did call me back a few hrs later, I explain the whole thing to her, she said that Sealy doesn't replace the mattress unless it's has a 1.5 difference, I also said that you can feel the springs and it's really in bad shape, She also said it's a comfort issue. I said isn't that why I called was the bed is uncomfortable to sleep in, she said there is nothing She can do about the comfort issue. I asked to speak with her boss She then finally gave me to Tim Walters (he in charge of Customer Serive) I explained everything to Tim and he told me that there is nothing he can do. I asked him what I am suppose to do, he said sleep on it for 6 more months and then call back maybe in will show 1and half inch difference, I explained that this is the mattress that has a meamory foam topper. He said there is nothing he could do. I asked him again that we try to resolve this issue because I don't wish to take this to small claims court. He said go ahead and the Judge will be on there side because the law stats here in Arizona that it must have 1and half inch difference in it and he would win the case and that this isn't the first time he would go to court!
                      Warning don't buy Sealy Mattress Canyon Breeze addition from RoomStore because they don't warrenty it!
                      Sincerly
                      Kirk
                      [protected]@yahoo.com

• Ca
                          captkea Jan 07, 2011

This is a comment board for complaints not a selling website!

Roomstore — Repair Warranty Problems after purchase

Reclining sofa and couch were purchased in September 2010. The fully paid for furniture was delivered October...

Roomstore - Woodbridge, VA — Broken Furniture

Here is the email I just sent to Customer Service director. I'll post later what happens. To whom it...

Roomstore FurnitureWarranty scam

On April 29, 2010 I went into The Room Store located at 3539 W. Northern Ave, in Phoenix, AZ. I was approached by sales associate Michelle, I told her that I was just looking around, I was interested in a living room suite. She showed me around and I found a set that I was kind of interested in. I told her that I wanted to go home and talk to my husband. She told me that in order to get the sales price I had to leave a deposit. I again explained to her that I was just looking, she assured me that I was under no obligation to purchase, that the deposit would just hold the set at the sale price. I put 10% down. She then told me that I would want the warranty on the furniture. She told me that it was only $59.00 and that it covered everything, pet soil, kid soil, blood, kool aid…. She told me that it didn’t matter what stain if any was put on the furniture that it was covered. I gave her my debt card for the 10% down and told her that if she didn’t hear back from me that my husband said no, and that I wasn’t interested in the furniture, and I wanted the 10% put back on my card.

The next day, I received a phone call from the room store telling me that my furniture was ready to be picked up. I was confused because I never called back, my husband had said no we were not going to get the furniture. I went to the store, to see what was going on, I was told to go to the back for the guys to load my furniture. I asked to talk to a manager, and was told again that my furniture was in the back.

I drove around to the back, the guys loaded the furniture told me to sign a receipt, gave me two bottles of cleaner told me to use it on any stain that might get on the furniture, and went back inside.

I drove home angrier than ***, not only had I NOT called Michelle back, my debt card had been charged without my permission, I now had furniture that I didn’t want. I took it home and left it wrapped in the plastic for over two weeks. I didn’t know what I was going to do with the furniture, I had an unauthorized charge on my card, Michelle had went ahead with the sale without my permission. My husband was pissed because the furniture had been purchased when we had both agreed that we were not going to purchase it at this time.

Three weeks had passed, I decided to get rid of my old furniture, and put the new furniture in my formal living room. A couple of days later I received a phone call from The Room Store, I was asked if I had picked up the furniture, I told them that I had, I was then informed that I had not paid for the furniture, I explained to the representative that I was under the impression that Michelle had ran my card without my permission and that I had been called to pick up the furniture. I was told that I needed to pay for the furniture or that criminal charges were going to be filed against me. I was furious. I told her I would drive the 60 miles back to the store to see what was going on. She told me to hang on that she had to talk to the store manager. She came back and said that it was okay with him if I came into the store instead of giving her my card over the phone. How dare they? I had done nothing wrong and now they were accusing me of stealing?????

On the drive to the store, the more I thought about the entire situation the angrier I got. I went into the store just to look, gave them my debt card number for a deposit only, was called to pick up furniture that I didn’t want, then I was called and accused of stealing from the store. When I got to the store I demanded to talk to a manager. I told him what had taken place, he could not of cared less. I told him that I wanted to be reimbursed for gas for the drive to repay for the furniture. He only gave me $50.00 off of my purchase. I decided then that I would never shop at the room store again.

This furniture is sitting in my formal living room, it is not used, due to the furniture being off white, It will be used for entertaining only. Last week my female dog went in heat, she got into my living room, and jumped on the sofa’s getting blood on them, I immediately used the cleaning solution given to me on the stain, the blood came right out, but the area was now bleached from the chemical.

On Tuesday November 23rd, I called the room store and talked to Rose, in the warranty department, I told her what had happened. She wanted to know exactly where the stains were, how big they were, and on what cushions. I told her, I also told her over and over that I had used the cleaning solution given to me by the Room Store, and that the area was bleached whiter than the other areas. She told me that someone would call me within 24 hours.

Today is November 29, 2010, I finally received a call from the Room Store, Elizabeth had called and left a message on my phone, I called her back and left a message for her to return my call. She called back, and informed me that after reviewing my file my claim had been denied, I was stunned. She told me that my sofa’s only needed a cleaning. Really????? She can make that decision without seeing my furniture? She told me that the stains were not covered under the warranty. I told her that I wanted to talk to her manager, she transferred me to Cynthia’s voice mail. I left a message for her to call me back. Seven hours later, I received a voice mail on my phone, Cynthia had left a message that after reviewing my claim it had been denied. Again, my claim was being denied without explanation. I called back, again Elizabeth answered the phone. She was rude and hateful, she informed me that she had transferred my call to her supervisor this morning. I told her that I was calling her supervisor back, I asked why my claim had been denied, I told her again that the solution bleached my furniture, she called me a liar, she told me that she had my claim in front of her and it didn’t state anywhere about the cleaner bleaching my furniture. I told her to talk to Rose, better yet listen to the recorded call, she will hear for herself that I mentioned it to Rose over and over that I used the cleaning solution to clean the stain. Maria started yelling at me that I never mentioned anything about the solution this morning, that everything that I told her this morning was what was on the report. I tried to explain to her that I had no idea what Rose had put on the report because I hadn’t seen the report. I do have witness’s that know for a fact that I mentioned over and over to Rose that the cleaning solution had bleached my furniture. Maria hung up on me. I called back and a man answered the phone, I told him that I wanted to talk to Cynthia, he transferred me to her voice mail. I left a message that there had to be a communication problem, I wasn’t understanding how my claim could be denied and to please call me back asap. I left this message at 4:30pm.

I am furious at how I have been treated. How can anyone make a decision on warranty issue without sending someone out to look at the furniture in person, or sending someone out to take pictures? I looked up the room store online, its amazing the consumer complaints that are listed. Apparently I am not the only customer who has been scammed, or taken on this same issue. I am not willing to take not covered as an answer. I purchased a warranty for this furniture, the chemical that I was given by the room store bleached my couches. I want someone to come out to my house and look at the bleached areas, and I want the couches to be covered by the warranty that I unwillingly purchased when the furniture was charged to my account without my permission. I expect to hear back from the Room Store Corporate office regarding this matter. I have every right to have this furniture covered by the warranty.

• Co
                            cohena2 Nov 03, 2011

I had the same issue with the Roomstore location at the Columbia, MD store. Below I detail my horrible ordeaI I had with that Roomstore location. will say my first purchase of an entertainment center purchased from the Roomstore last year was delivered on time, without an problems and works great. But I purchased a recliner from the Roomstore in Columbia, MD on 9/17/11 because of my previous positive experience with the roomstore. I bought this to replace my broken recliner. I was told by the sales lady named Susan Quinn (who was very nice and pleasant) that the recliner was on back order with the manufacturer but they would have one in stock and delivered to me by the end of September. Wrong! I called customer service at the beginning of October only to be told the item was not yet in stock but it would be in stock and delivered to me by Mid October. Wrong again! I called their customer service late last week only to now be told they will not have that recliner in stock till early to mid November at the earliest and that is not even a guarantee, .

• Po
                            pobarjenkins Dec 14, 2010

The 10% deposit to hold a sale price is true at most stores. Anyways, I don't understand how you didn't know how much you were charged for. You should have seen how much they charged you for when you signed the slip for your transaction, or when you checked your bank account, or when you received your receipt. How could you not tell the difference between 10% and the full amount? And why did you take the furniture when you didn't even want it? Why didn't you ask for a refund and refuse the furniture?

I'm sorry you had such a bad experience there.