The Kirby Companybusiness practices

P

I am writing this because I purchased a Kirby sweeper on September 20, 2018. First payment due today October 20 for $ 40 and next one for $40 on November 5 then on the 5th and 20th every month afterward.Today, Saturday, around 3pm.a girl knocks on my door to inform me she is repossessing my Kirby because the company they used for financing could not verify my employment. I have been working for the same employer for 7 years. They may not be able to give out information for privacy reasons. I have my contract and payment stubs. I told her to return my Riccar sweeper and my Bissell shampooer that I have as trade in ( value at $800) and I'd give her the Kirby. She said she came from Davenport, three hours away. I told her I didn't care and slammed door in her face.What kind of scam is this? I mean I have the money to make payments, am employed and like the product. First day for payment and they want to repossess my vacuum? Sounds shady. Don't get it. I never want to do business with Kirby again if this is their business practices. I have my signed contract with them still.

• Su
    Sulphur7 Oct 20, 2018

Don't give up the Kirby until they produce the items they took. If you had turned over the Kirby, you would never have heard from them again and you would be out the items they took.