Having problems with Dirt Devil?

Dirt Devil Customer Service Contacts

1800 386 2222 (Mexico)
+1 800 944 9200 (United States)
+1 800 321 1134 (United States)
+44 330 026 2626 (United Kingdom)
+49 21 316 090 (Germany)
Fri8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed
United Kingdom
Unit 302 Pointon Way, Stonebridge Cross Business Park, Hampton Lovett, Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9 0LW

Germany
Jagenbergstasse 19  41468 Neuss, Germany

Mexico
Av. Presidente Mazarik 29 piso 7, Col. Polanco V Seccion, CP 11560, Miguel Hidalgo, Distrito Federal, México

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dirt Devil Customer Service. Initial Dirt Devil complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dirt Devil above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dirt Devil. Discuss the issues you have had with Dirt Devil and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dirt Devil Complaints & Reviews

Dirt DevilPower max rewind

Wheel broke off vacuum under the handle pull back button. UD70187. Mfg. code B20A. We have owned it for 2 months. Can you help us? L
Laura Birschbach

Oct 08, 2020

Dirt Devil — Stuck vac

I purchased a Dirt Devil Stick Vac Model SD12530 in October of 2017 and thought it was great. Easy to handle...

Dirt Devildirt devil UH70164

I called twice your customer service and the last one Emy told me to go on my knees and unplug hoses and etc...

I am 81 year old and I have arthatism and my hand do not work the way a younger person should work. so I did was this person told me do you, and I had to do this and that and it never ended, but I was on my knees and I could hardly stand up. so I told this person emy to send me a replacement and with the box I will return the defective one that I have. so she told me that she cannot do that, and that I had to do more testing

I have purchase more than one vacuum from you during the years.

my name is

Monique harker
    173 bowie st
    Mabank, tx 75156

Monique.[protected]@gmail.com

phone number [protected]

I do not have a cell phone, so I cannot send a picture, I would not know how

Dirt Devildirt devil power max

I bought a dirt devil power max a few months ago and I have been very unsatisfied with how much stuff gets stuck in the hose, as well as in the bottom of the sweeper hose. Tonight I had to unscrew all of the screws for the 200th time to
      Clean out all the hoses.
      I had to unscrew the plate that goes on the bottom because that was filled with dust and hair. The minute I swept it up. I had to pull the hoses off again to clean it out. The bagless canister doesn't even get anything in it to dump cause it gets clogged so fast. I bruised my hand as part of it whipped off and hit it. I am a hairstylist and now I have to go to work tomorrow with two swollen fingers. I was very ticked off tonight. I have a child who has allergies and I can't even sweep our house for her. I am VERY DISSATISFIED. I have only bought dirt devils, I bought this for 69.00 a waste!!! I can't use this in my house!!! I am so frustrated and I can't afford a new sweeper right now!!! I need to know what I am supposed to do? I have sent a picture of the carpet I swept for the fourth time trying!

dirt devil power max

Dirt Devil — broken product

I am very unhappy with Dirt Devil. My elderly mother ordered a Dirt Devil Stick Vacuum on line from Dirt...

Dirt Devil Upright M103 ModelHorrible product, worse customer service

I have had the WORST experience with Dirt Devil the last few months, I bought a Dirt Devil M103 Model (Upright) and within the first time trying to use it there was NO SUCTION, at all. I was baffled, but they told me to take it apart and clean everything thoroughly (it was brand new, why would it need to be cleaned?) But I did anyway, pulled everything apart, cleaned everything, I even cleaned the filter and let it sit overnight. Once it was all back together, there was still no suction. I checked the roller for thread or anything that would hinder the vacuum from working, and saw nothing. When I finally called Dirt Devil back, they put me on hold for almost an hour! By the time someone finally got to me I was beyond irate, they told me I could ship it in to them but I would have to pay for shipping. I just bought this BRAND NEW vacuum, and now you want me to pay 60$ to ship my NEW vacuum to the company? I was flabbergasted to say the least. Their level of commitment to the customer is beyond atrocious, and I will never EVER buy a Dirt Devil ANYTHING again, and I'll be telling this story to family and friends in hope to save them from an expensive headache.

DirtDevil.comBad product, worse customer service, over charge

While placing an order with dirtdevil.com the website took all of my information including credit card information but appeared to not fully complete the order. I called customer service to check for the possibility of the order being double charged. She became so frustrated with my request that she burped in the phone and made such a racket that I could barely hear her. She was huffing and sighing to let me know she thought my request unnecessary and told me I should just give her my information and let her place the order because the site "always does this" with credit card information. I placed the order again online and began to receive emails telling me my order was not complete and that dirtdevil.com needed my credit card information. Finally, after six days, with no email confirmation and no shipping confirmation, I received my products. When I contacted dirtdevil.com about the shipping delay their basic response was "oh well". I contacted them again to return the order and this time they fully ignored my request. This was one of the worst and least secure internet transactions I have ever dealt with. Dirtdevil.com does not deserve our business or our hard earned money.

• Al
              alvina dilillo Jan 21, 2014

bought model ud20100 6months ago now it keeps shutting off and wont pick up web sites make it difficult to get help. i would never buy another dirt devil. my product should have lasted forever just about i live alone so there is not heavy dirt and not used much. would not recommend to anyone

• Ca
              cats hate dirtdevil.com Oct 04, 2012

No, it is not clearly stated on their website. It is located under a tab, under another tab, but not clearly stated. I wish dirtdevil.com would have been this quick about solving my issues before I had to spend time giving bad online reviews, but the fact remains dirtdevil.com is not a trustworthy company. They do not care about customer service or customer satisfaction. As far as this response, I do not trust the information given or the way it was presented. How do I know what this address is for? That is exactly why dirtdevil.com needs to address customers on their website and through proper correspondence, not only after they receive bad reviews. For all I know this is another scam. I will be waiting to hear from dirtdevil.com through the proper channels.

Dirt DevilDefective, no service for customers

I just discovered my second Dirt Devil in a week has a belt problem.

When I called customer service about the first vaccum this week, I spent long periods (2x) on hold, and then they were not helpful. A woman instructed me to return it to the store where "they can use it for a floor model".

Now this one doesn't work either, and it has a sticker saying "do not return to store... call customer service". But when I called (2x) I was put on hold. It's a catch-22.

Royal is not providing quality products or customer service.

Dirt DevilThis vacuum is a rip-off!

I wanted to write to you informing you about MY EXTREME DISSATISFACTION your Dirt Devil Reaction Fresh Upright vacuum cleaner. At first the vacuum cleaner worked perfectly and on top of that it was lightweight and very portable. After a few months however, I needed to clean the sofas and took out the suction handle(the ones used to clean stairs, sofas, etc) and used it. After that the next time I used the vacuum cleaner, the suction handle ALWAYS FELL OFF. It was eventually decided to put tape around it so it wouldn't fall off. The vacuum cleaner also has HORRIBLE suction. Now it leaves debris all over floor if the vacuum cleaner is even half full! Which is when today when I had to empty the vacuum (because it wont suck even half full), I did not put the tap back on, THE ENTIRE THING CAME APART!!! EVEN THE HANDLE!! This is a absolute horrible product, and I would never recommend it to anyone. I am so displeased that I never probably never buy a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner again.

• De
                  deekaysad Jul 28, 2013

I wish I had come to this website before purchasing my dirt devil...it's a piece of garbage.

• He
                  Henry Jul 07, 2009

I had an entire suite of hardwood floors and decided the best way to keep them clean would be to get a hardwood floor vacuum. I got the dirt devil vacuum because it was affordable. But when I used my ears were ringing from the high pitched sound. Too loud to be safe. Not worth the money.

Dirt Devil — it sucks dont pick up blows dirt out

I've had this sweeper for 1 yr. Its the worse sweeper i've ever owned! It clogs up every 2 uses, it...

Dirt Devil — unsatificatory equipment

I have purchased several vaccums and steam cleaners at wal mart. they have all been dirt devil and i have had...

Columbia

Dirt DevilI'm so disgusted by their customer service

TTI Floor Care North America, sometimes known better by their vacuum cleaner brand "Dirt Devil" has horrible customer service. In order to fill the vacuum cleaner's warranty I was told I had to drive 2 1/2 hours (with gas prices at $3/gallon) to a repair store, then after it was inspected & determined that it could indeed be something included in the warranty that was wrong with it, I'd have to PAY to ship it back...so pay about $60 or more to ship back my broken/hazardous vacuum cleaner. Since the day I bought it, the Vacuum has this strong burning smell, almost as if there is a fire. The belt broke about a month ago and while that could have contributed to the odor, the odor has been going on for 8 months...long before the belt broke. I told them I was concerned because of the possible hazardous situation, thinking that they were a socialy responsible company...I don't think so...it might have well just blown up and they would not care! I talked to 7 different rude people for 50 minutes until the 8th person decided I could cut off the cord and send it back with the sticker on the machine and they are going to send me a new one... But now I don't want the new one, I'm taking it because I can't afford to buy a new one, but I plan on never purchasing this brand ever again. I'm so disgusted by their customer service. So disgusted.

angry customer 1 Nov 18, 2011

I purchased a dirt devil from walmart with a extended plan... it broke in less than 6 months... burning smell, stopped completely. After calling walmarts extended plan...i was told to contact the manufacturer, as it was still under their warranty. I called & WAITED 30 MINUTES TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE WHO WAS RUDE, ARGUMENTATIVE, ATTITUDE AND HUNG UP ON ME. I called walmart AGAIN & the extended service plan customer service person told me to contact the store about this issue. I did & they are going to let me exchange this for something else. Dirl Devil is a piece of crap... DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM !!! WALMART, THO CONTINUES TO HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, THIS IS WHY I SHOP THERE .. TARGET WOULD HAVE NEVER DONT THIS !!

• Ve
                    venita100 Mar 29, 2011

i also wanted to complain dirt devil a rip off they don't give you any problem solving tipos to fix it i have a biseel sweeper in my upstairs had to drag down to use in my downstairs great product just a tad big for area rugs so i bought a dirt devil that wasn't so big never again don't suck half the time leaves dirt and cat litter on floor anyway don't buy one i;m going to buy another bisscell sweeper to use downstairs thanks for listening venita morgan ky

• Ve
                    venita100 Mar 29, 2011

me to i got one and it said to call customer servise is a joke tried everything he said and it still want work or pick up dirt very loud. not worth the money bissell produts excellent buy for the money just wanted to put my two cents in

Dirt DevilAwful everything

I own Dirt Devil vacuum and the belt broke, so I went directly to dirtdevil.com to order a replacement. On they site they promiss to process all orders within 1-2 business days - I have placed my order on August 9 and it was shipped only on August 24 !!! and I got it only on August 31.

And when I finaly got it, I found that they send me wrong size belt - not the one I have ordered !!!

I WAS NOT ABLE TO VACCUM MY CARPETS FOR ALMOST 1 MONTH !!! And now according to their policy I have to ship that belt back to them on my own expence and wait for the refund for 3 weeks and they are still not returning me money I paid for shipment !!!

Dirt DevilAwful quality product

I spent 153.00 dollars on a dirt devil reaction with on/off roll brush and it sux and i replaced it three times and they now won't take it back so I am fighting for a refund!!! screw you dirt devil!!! It is not right that they cant just give me a different vacuum with out the stupid brush switch!!! I still have 2 years on the warranty too!!! And I will bug them every day if I have to, to get my money back!!! To everyone out there do not get this type of vacuum, really i had a 40.00 one that worked great and lasted 4 years with no problems!!!

• Je
                        Jennifer Nov 21, 2008

I too bought a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner and it's horrible. The handle release popped off and broke with no reason, shortly afterwards the suction power went down to nothing (I even checked for any obstructions, etc.) and then it began over-heating. It smells like it's going to catch fire after 1 minute of turning it on.

I wrote to DirtDevil and explained the situation... not one response. So, in addition to a horrible product, their customer service (or lack thereof) is less than acceptable.

I'll be reporting them to the BBB this AM. 7 days of waiting for a response is sufficient enough.

I'm going back to Hoover.

Dirt Devil Vacuum CleanerTerrible customer service!

Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaners
                      www.dirtdevil.com

Hi, I'm so mad about the service I got from Dirt Devil.

I own Dirt Devil vacuum and the belt broke, so I went directly to dirtdevil.com to order a replacement. On they site they promise to process all orders within 1-2 business days - I have placed my order on August 9 and it was shipped only on August 24!!! and I got it only on August 31. And when I finally got it, I found that they send me wrong size belt - not the one I have ordered!!!

I WAS NOT ABLE TO VACUUM MY CARPETS FOR ALMOST 1 MONTH!!! And now according to their policy I have to ship that belt back to them on my own expense and wait for the refund for 3 weeks and they are still not returning me money I paid for shipment!!!

Natalia Mora
                      Montreal, QC
                      Canada

• Al
                          AllisonA Nov 02, 2019

Battery defective. Charged fully and would
                          Not hold a charge. Only lasted for a few minutes.
                          Very disappointed. Battery defective. Charged fully and would Not hold a charge. Only lasted for a few minutes. Very disappointed. Battery defective. Charged fully and would Not hold a charge. Only lasted for a few minutes. Very disappointed.

• Ko
                          Koko Mar 10, 2009

I bought a vaccum from dirt devil last year and I just started to use it this month, and it does not clean anything, so i called the service center, and they told me to take my vaccum to other stores to fixed it. And i told them my vaccum is still under warranty, they just say we cant help and hang up. What a lier company. I will never buy anything from them.