Having problems with Kirby?

Kirby Customer Service Contacts

1800 781 556 (Australia)
800 5472 9272 (European Countries)
8800 500 5146 (Russia)
+1 800 494 8586 (USA and Canada)
+7 495 374 7282 (Russia & CIS)
+27 800 203 222 (South Korea)
+44 800 328 1247 (United Kingdom)
1920 West 114th Street
Thu9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Fri9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 2:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Kirby Customer Service. Initial Kirby complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Kirby above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Kirby. Discuss the issues you have had with Kirby and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Jun 30, 2020

Kirby — Complaint sarah sessions

Sarah Sessions phone manager at Macon, Ga. Kirby Store was very unprofessional. She was told that she could...

Feb 28, 2020

Central State Kirby — My kirby vacuum

I bought a kirby vacuum 10/22/05 and it was supposed to have a lifetime warranty i have the receipt . My...

The Kirby Companykirby vacuum/avalir

I was sold a kirby vaccum back in sept of 2019; door to door salesman named frances; gave me a demonstration of product and when they finally left me product which by the way i was not approved for the credit: so the guy used my husband's name, and was approved with my husband credit, coming out of my checking account anywaay; the problem is this they never left me a hose and its easier for me to use with the hose since i have sciatica, and carpal tunnel;
i have contacted individual 8 times since sept. And still no hose, but they are pulling payment from my checking acount and i still have not use it fully.
I need a hose; or someone to come pick up product and be done with it.
My name is nancy irizarry ; live in saint cloud florida;
salesman # frances;[protected]

RESOLVED

• Kirby's response · Dec 11, 2019

Hi Nancy

Sorry to hear about your experience with an independent distributor. Can you please contact us at [email protected] or call [protected] so we can help with your situation

The Kirby Companykirby vacuum

I bought a Kirby Vacuum, largely because of the lifetime Warranty that I was told comes with the vacuum. I'm extremely mad and frustrated as after paying $2000 for a vacuum I found out that is not the case. The gentleman that sold me my vacuum LIED!!! This vacuum does not have a lifetime warranty! I recommend not buying as it's not worth the money and the company doesn't care if you were LIED to they will not honor what you were promised. They will tell you one thing to sell you the vacuum but once you've purchased it they will not fix it without a large fee!!!

The Kirby Companykirby vacuum cleaner

I purchase a Kirby almostnor should be cm
      Lose to 1 yr they keep drafting $69.13 frim one of my accounts which I don't have money in anymore because my financial situation has changed and I should be close to paying the vacuum off.. The vac has to be $2000.00 & I can't gwt in touch with the guy that sold it to me..I never let people In my house selling anything, but these salesman are restless ..my hubby only let them in because I needed a vac at the time, and I was interested..never will I ever let any salesmen in my house I don't care what you're selling..

Jun 13, 2019

Kirby Home Care System — unethical behavior, dreadful customer service

I had two men who wanted to offer a quick demonstration with a kirby. It turned into three hours and all the...

The Kirby Companykirby sales scam

Call from company indicating they were giving away 2 room shampoo for free. Same as all comments, was a scam caught me off guard as I was working that day and just wanted them out of my house. It's been 3 years they have deducted over
        $67 per month. I can count on one hand how many times I have even used the vacuum. I want balance owed to payoff and will NEVER go for them oh it is free service. If it sounds to be true it always is. A big SCAM!!!

Apr 05, 2019

The Kirby Company — kirby vacuum

The worst customer service and employees. Do not buy a kirby vacuum from them. I bought one and when I tried...

The Kirby Company — business practices

I am writing this because I purchased a Kirby sweeper on September 20, 2018. First payment due today October...

The Kirby Companymachine does not work well, very pushy salesmen,

When we got this vacuum it was the demo model. They told us to turn it on push down for the carpet length, when it starts to grab push down one more click. When we do the vacuum smells like its burning the belt. We have tried to back up one click, but it does not pick up the dirt very well. We vacuum an 8x10 area rug with low pile. It won't even clean that. Also the shampooer will not pick up the water with either the floor or the hand held. That leaves a terrible mess.
          We didn't want the vacuum to begin with, but they kept badgering and talking about his prize trip.
          We don't want a lemon, and want to return to machine and stop all transactions to do with it.

Kirby — john daniel fields, representative of kirby; money owed me

John (he first of all told us his name was Phillip he said he used this fake name cause it was busy. He...

The Kirby Company — my kirby vacuum

On May 2 I had 2 people come to my house to clean a carpet in my home I thought. That's what they told me on...

The Kirby Company — kirby door to door

I'm needing information to the local Kirby distributor. Saturday evening 3/17/18, I had 2 guys pull through...

Yadkinville

The Kirby Company — customer service

A man named luke was the boss and he was training some guy. He left the guy to do the work. He did an AMAZING...

Kirby Vacuum Company — kirby avilar g10d

I purchased 2 Kirby vacuums a couple months ago from a door to door sales lady. I have no complaints about...

Kirby Vacuums — kirby vacuums door to door

My third week into job and still no pay. Today I ask free for ky check and sup tells me "you must do 15...

Kirby Vacuum Company — kirby vacuum/ shampooer

I purchased a Kirby Avilir shampooer/ vacuum in Feb. 2016. A few months after I bought it, the shampooer...

Kirby Vacuum Company — Salesmen

I live in Mora, MN. Their have been multiple complaints from people and also to the sheriffs dept because of...

Kirby Vacuum CompanyKirby is a well known scam

Apr 2016

A nearly identical experience to everyone else.
            -Gain access to your home under false pretenses. I got the same 'free one room carpet cleaning' line they favor. Of course this is a lie to get them in the door.
            -some nonsense about a contest they are about to win. This is pathetic and is the same incentive that comes with children's cookie sales at school.
            -their '20 minute' demo becomes a 3 hours marathon trying to get you to buy simply to get these people out of your home.
            -show up right before dinner so that hours later you haven't been able to eat, kids need help with their homework, etc-- again, trying to get you to buy out of desperation to get your home back.
            -the person at the door was a pleasant young lady, only to be replaced with a greasy salesman and an ex-convict cleaner guy.
            -No joke in that last one, the cleaner guy with the jailhouse tattoos on his hands and neck ADMITTED TO BEING A FELON STILL ON PROBATION. I don't judge the person here, but it's the height of unprofessional business practices to hire someone with a record and still on probation to enter people's homes.
            -Both cleaner guy and sales guy made several obviously fake phone calls to some mysterious boss. These are comical. These are actually aimed at YOU, since all they do is put words in your mouth about how much you just love the product. "Yes sir, he says he loves the machine" "oh he can't believe how well it works" None of which I actually said. But this is aimed to build 'evidence' that you like the machine so that you have to explain yourself as to why you aren't buying one.
            -Once the sales guy returned to collect his convict, he launched directly into more sales pitch despite my increasing anger at having been lied to already. Total lack of respect.
            -I live in an apartment complex and later checked with the property manager who confirmed they did not have permission to solicit here. The property management company will be filing charges for trespassing.

After kicking them out, I did some research and found out just how disreputable of a company kirby actually is.

-kirby uses front companies to insulate themselves from legal action over their sales scam.
            -kirby vacuums are known to break within a month of purchase, which then runs customers into the completely worthless warranty that doesn't actually cover anything useful.
            -kirby makes it impossible to even reach them within the 3 day cancellation policy deadline. (If you do need to cancel an order, make sure to use certified mail or some other method of tracking exactly when it was sent.
            -financing a machine will be at over 20%, I've seen upwards of 29% interest.
            -often the financing paperwork will be for the full multi-thousand dollar price instead of the agreed upon lowered price.
            -kirby salesmen often specifically target the elderly, and even people with mental incapacity like Alzheimer's.
            -once someone agrees to purchase, the kirby people STEAL YOUR ORIGINAL VACUUM. There is no mention of a 'trade in' for the purchase of the kirby. This is literally theft. But it's to discourage people from cancelling their purchase because now you're also out your original vacuum and must spend even more to purchase another.
            -follow on items like bags and filters cost 10-20x what normal vacuum parts cost.

Kirby doesn't just rip off the customer, but also famously rips off their own employees. They use the same deceitful advertising to lure in what is essentially free labor that they use to sucker people into buying their crap vacuum.

Kirby is a criminal enterprise from top to bottom. Do not let these people into your homes. Call the police if you see them in your neighborhood because many times they are using access to case your house for a later robbery.
            Contact your local news channel- many have a segment about consumer protection. Expose these people for what they are as much as possible.

Be careful.

Kirby — Cancelled the purchase within time allotted-still being charged

Bottom line- Salesman sold me a Kirby vacuum system. Couldn, t afford it! Cancelled the sale next day- sent...