The Good Feet StoreBad experience

K

On [protected] I visited the Good Feet Store in Reno, NV and purchased some products. I explained to the salesperson that I was a only visiting the Reno area and was hesitant to purchase anything so far from home. He repeatedly told me that there were some one hundred plus Good Feet stores and the exchange and store credit were good anywhere in the United States.

Unfortunately the Good Feet products did not work for me. As I was leaving Reno, I returned the products to the Reno store. On 9-9-2011, around 2 o’clock, I returned to the Good Feet store in Reno. As I entered the woman working at the desk, asked me to wait as she was on the telephone. I overheard a rather loud and strained telephone call. Apparently a female customer had come into the Reno store, just before I arrived, to return some products from a Good Feet from a store in Las Vegas, and to use her store credit. That customer was under the impression that she could have a store credit / exchange at any Good Feet store in the US. From what I heard, the customer was so upset that she left the products, with her name and telephone number, and walked out of the store. It sounded like the woman working in the Reno store that day was talking on the telephone to someone at Good Feet headquarters, and explaining her frustration about not knowing how to handle the situation that occurred just before I arrived.

I did not make the woman working that day in the store in Reno any happier than the previous customer, as I walked in expecting a store credit to be used in at a San Francisco Bay area store (anywhere in the US as I had been promised upon purchasing the products). I told the woman working at the store that day that I had been told exactly the same thing: i.e. that the store credit was good at any of some one hundred plus stores nationwide.

I now have a $540 gift card that I am told is good only at the Reno store. As I spend maybe six days a year in Reno, and some years I am not in Reno at all, this card is worthless to me. I was lead to believe (told emphatically actually) that the credit was good in any store, and I am apparently not the only customer to be given that misinformation. Your records likely show the call from the Reno store to someone Good Feet on 9-9-2011, reflecting the customer from Las Vegas expecting to use her credit in Reno.

Before I made the purchase in the Reno store, under the impression that the credit was good nationwide, I asked the salesperson looked up the stores to see if there was one near me. I was told there was a store in Pleasanton Hill, CA.

I was told that the plastic inserts had a lifetime warranty. After leaving the store I found the 6-month limited warranty. I went back into the store and the salesperson that the warranty didn’t mean anything and said that I could come in whenever and wherever I needed.

I would like to add that I was given many reasons to buy the Good Feet products [protected]. One among many, I was told by the salesman that he was able to walk in his flip-flops with the “relaxers” across Reno to home (about 6 miles) without a problem. I found this to be a pretty compelling reason to buy the Good Feet products. I was told I could us them in any shoes; and on and on with promises of comfort that were untrue. Ironically, I had come into the store to by shoes (not inserts). My feet didn’t hurt before I tried Good Feet products (I have ankle problems). But, my feet did hurt after the few days I tried to use the plastic inserts, and my ankle became problematic once again.

As my feet now did hurt, I went to a pedorthist for advice and he shared with me that the salespeople at Good Feet have a lot of sales training but have little to no training in the biomechanics of the feet. He measured my feet for shoes and said the recommended shoe size from the Good Feet store salesperson was incorrect. (I am glad I did not buy shoes as well as inserts.) Now, wanting to clarify the situation, I went to a second pedorthist and was told the same thing. I had been a victim of a sales pitch, and not even gotten my feet measured properly for a shoe size. The salesperson I encountered in Reno certainly presented himself as an expert in feet and footwear. I have a mild case of “hammertoes” (according to a podiatrist seen some time ago). When I shared this with the salesman he was adamant that I did not have that condition and showed me a rather grotesque model of an advanced case of “hammertoes”. So I am left wondering why is a salesman prescribing orthotics unless he has training in foot biomechanics?

I have tried to work this out with the store. They do not respond to my letters. I filed a complaint with the Reno BBB and the Good Feet Store simply didn’t respond so BBB closed the case. I wrote the Good Feet Customer Service in Carlsbad CA. Again no response. .

would stay away from Good Feet Stores. I was given a great deal misleading and erroneous information, from store locations, to transferability to shoe size measurement, in addition to being told that I did not have a condition previously diagnosed.

The Good Feet Store