Cheesecake Factoryscrew found in my food

Eating leftovers taken home from restaurant, and had a screw in the mexican egg roll I was eating. Did not bite into the roll hard or choke, but when I reported the issue to the company, (The cheesecake factory) I received an automated reponse and no explanation. I am concerned for the condition of their kitchen. How could a screw get into my meal. What if I didn't find it before I bit down or swallowed it.

Rabia M. Jul 02, 2013

When my well being has been compromised and has caused physical injury, that's called genuine concern not showing off.

• Ku
    KuntPunter Jul 01, 2013

"Rabia M" - Thank you for your expeditious follow-up posting. I have to wonder, though. Are you just trying to show off?

Rabia M. Jul 01, 2013

The screw was lodged deep inside of the eggroll, I only realized it was it was in my mouth. I have cuts and soars from chewing on it. The manager took it to cover up the fact that his cook served me food with a metal object in it. I will be taking legal action. This is the screw, I managed to take a picture of it before the rude manager snatched it from my hand.

Comments

• Ku
    KuntPunter Jul 01, 2013

Interesting, now that there seems to be several of self-reported screw-finders. But still - You both seem to make your allegations inappropriately. " ... there was something inedible in my mouth ..." ("Again?, " your dining companions exclaimed) ... " ... and I found a metal screw!" "He took it ... I am floored!"

Well, maybe you should consider not letting yourself get floored so easily. And really - You're complaining about the restaurant manager reclaiming his employer's property? You should really be more concerned about why these screws always seem to find their way into your mouth(s)!

Rabia M. Jul 01, 2013

I also just had this same experience at the cheesecake factory in Oakbrook, IL. I found a screw in my tex mex eggrolls. I bit into it and had the screw in my mounth when I realized that there was something inedible in my mouth. When I pulled it out I found a metal screw! The manager on duty took the screw claiming it was the property of cheesecake factory. He took it from my hand and took off never returning it to me. I am floored!!!

• G.Smiley Sep 06, 2011

Well? Don't keep us in suspense. What did they say?

• G.Smiley Sep 06, 2011

I can't be bought off with a simple refund. I'd want to know why the hell there was a screw in my egg roll and what's being done to prevent this carelessness in the future. You deserve an answer OP.

• G.Smiley Sep 06, 2011

What was the automated response? Just an acknowledgment that they received your message? If so, someone will probably get back to you. Give them at least 24 hours.