The Brick — the brick card
My Fiancé and I purchased furniture for our new home last August of 2009, here in Regina Saskatchewan, from The Brick. In doing so we made the decision to use their "Brick Card" to finance our purchase. The sales representative at the time (August 23, 2009) explained the interest rate and the special program plan which at the time was “No interest No pay" for an 8 month period. We signed the documents he presented us with and picked up our furniture a few weeks later. Since then I have noticed on our monthly statements that are labelled “The Brick.com" that they have thrown in a "payment protection plan" Charging us on average 40-50 dollars a month. I called the 1-800 number on my Bill to have the hidden charge discontinued and get my money back from previous months, they told me I have to take it up with The Brick at the location where we made our purchase. In speaking to the brick they explained to me that I should have read the fine print on the original card documents and that they would not be refunding my money. I feel misguided and tricked by The Brick and the financial institution they partner with. There was no faithful representation of the finance terms. Is there a law around this? Does The Brick have an obligation to disclose the payment protection plan verbally at the time of sign up? Is there anything or anyone that could help me?
Thank you for your time, Jennifer Simair
More The Brick Complaints & Reviews
- The Brick / Brada Machine - broken washer
- The Brick-Oakdale Sectional Couch - factory defect
- The Brick Transglobal Service And Lg Products - poor service not honoring warranty
- The Brick - delivery/product/personnel - one big problem!
- brick - extended warranty
- The Brick - customer service/ delivery
- The Brick - won't return mattress even within a week of purchase
- The Brick - queen mattress sets
- The Brick Warehouse - unethical behaviour, lack of respect and bad customer service
- The Brick - mattress