Telus Mobility — rip off artists
I had signed up for a family plan for one year with three phones. I had purchased unlimited text messages, evenings and weekends, etc. I faithfully paid my phone bill every month up until the last two months of the contract when I ran into some financial difficulties. I called telus to arrange a payment plan to pay them back. This was set up, and then the client care representative (read con-artist) starts to talk me into buying a "cheaper" contract for another year. After asking several times if I could make the monthly payments on the outstanding balance as well as the new lower payments for the new contract, I was told repeatedly this was not a problem. Two weeks later I received a call from telus stating that I owed the outstanding balance now. I explained about the payment plan and was told that this was not allowed if there was a valid contract (the new one). I now have to cancel my plan, but they want me to pay a $400 cancellation charge. I feel this is unfair as it was their underhanded, overzelous, and dishonest representative who lied to me. I have spent many hours talking to many people on the phone and never getting anywhere. I am a single mother and my credit rating is being affected, even though I had tried to do what was "right". Telus are a bunch of rip off artists, and they will never have my, or my family's, business again!!
More Telus Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer!
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging
- Telus Mobility - deceptive cancellation charges
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility!
- TELUS - misleading advertising
- Telus Communications - fraudulent billing personal information
- TELUS - customer service
- TELUS - not able to get promotion that was offered, after I had signed a 3yr contract
- Telus Communications - billing and payments
- Telus ADSL Internet - fraudulent charges