Menu

Telkom SA SOC  -  Unauthorized bank deductions

S
Author of the complaint
1:58 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In June 2019 (roughly) couple months before my 2 year data contract with Telkom ended, I visited the Telkom shop inside Woodlands Mall in Pretoria east. I requested that I want to cancel this contract and this will be my notice period as standard.
The consultant advised that there will be a final amount payable of R178 and then the balance/contract will be settled at the end of the given month.
I received several SMS's and an email stating my request has been approved for cancellation (EmailProof attachment).

I have clearly cancelled the contract at the end of its period with enough prior notice as stated by Telkom customer service consultant telephonically. There can be no outstanding money as the last deduction was paid in full at the end of the contract.
The amount they claim I owe is an error from their side because they kept deducting money from my account even after the contract was cancelled.

After a couple months the final amount was deducted (R178deduction attachment) and in Dec 2019 Telkom started to deduct The full instalment again R380.90 (December2019 attachment). I had to go into the bank to create a stop order to stop Telkom from taking money from my account.

After several phone calls and many people spoken to, no one could assist.
If I wasn't cut off, then I was told they cannot see anything on their side and they did not deduct anything and that the account has been closed.

Meanwhile I was getting phone calls and SMS's from
Blake Collections
stating that I owe Telkom money.
I have forwarded them all the info stating this account has been closed, yet they do not listen and kept phoning me almost daily.

In August 2020 I sent them a final email stating my disappointment and since then I have not heard from then.
23 Nov 2021 I received this SMS (SMS attachment) and I am being threatened with legal action.

I need help to settle this for once and for all.
I am tired of Telkom and PEOPLE not doing their jobs correctly.

View 0 more photos