Targetgift cards

G

I purchased an ipone 7 from Target store in Flushing, NY on 5/30/17, as part of smart phone promotion, Target gave me a $100 gift card, gift card # [protected]. The process of purchasing iPhone 7 was absolutely awful, many issues had happened during purchase - Target staff could not locate sim card, iPhone barcode could not scan properly, etc, it cost me almost 4 hours to complete the purchase phone transaction!!!

Anyway, I confirmed on 6/1/17 that the promotion gift card balance was $100. However, when I tried to make an online purchase on 6/1/17, target.com told me that balance of gift card is $0. I called Target gift card service [protected] and the 1st rep did not know why balance was $0, kept me on hold for more than 15 minutes to transfer me to another investigation team, 2nd rep Kirby told me that it appears someone in Connecticut got a hold of the gift card and made a purchase in Stamford Connecticut Target store on 6/1/17.

It is absolutely absurd situation. The gift card is always at my wallet in my physical possession, I do not understand why someone else could possibly made a purchase by this card. Target rep Kirby told me he can only submit a request for a replacement gift card to be mailed to my address; but such request is subject to another team's approval so it is not guaranteed it can be approved. He could only give me a reference number [protected] for our phone conversation that I reported fraudulent usage of my gift card. He also recorded I have the issuing gift card receipt with transaction code and receipt code, that I have absolutely proof that I am the rightful owner of gift card.

This whole situation is just shows how vulnerable and how inefficient of Target's store and gift card security control, extreme lack of fraud prevention, does not do sufficient job to protect customer against fraudulent activities, causing the rightful owner of gift card to suffer the loss.

gift cards