Symantec / Nortonunrecognized renewal

This is a form of piracy or rico.I have paid twice for a byears subscription and it will not download into a new lap top. Along with pop ups that will not go away or keep coming to say i need to renew.I called the MOUNTAIN VIEW office [protected] in late sept 2009 to get put on hold for a india rep who after transferring three times in a 30 minute call says he will make a complaint # and fix the problem.NOT EVEN ONE courtesy call back in three months.I have emailed twice. This last return email, after i contacted the media room, says DO NOT REPLY this is outgoing only.The last email I sent told you there is a FBI website to report internet fraud I can find out just how many others are having this same problem.Why schould people wait a half of an hour for customer service and then still there is NO RESOLVE.This is just like BERNIE Madoff who says now why did it take so long for people to wake up.Order # [protected].You even changed my password twice and the acct takes the old password not the one you emailed me (GREAT SCAM)? I used you for years.Whats the deal start up with a ligit
website then see you can make more from scamming people?I will send registered to you CEO MY PHONE RECORDS ON JUST HOW LONG I HAVE been on hold.Look up internet fraud and see the address for the fbi to post a complaint.TODAY is nov 1 2009 you have my phone number email fix this by Wed nov 4 2009 or I will do that.

RESOLVED

• Norton's response · Aug 09, 2016

Sorry for the trouble Ron, do send us a private message with the details, we can help to cancel the second charge. Please note that we do not have support option over email.

Thanks
    Raj
    Norton Support

• Ro
    Ron McKenzie Aug 05, 2016

When renewing my Norton antivirus software on 12 April 2016, I unknowingly and mistakenly ordered a second licence
    20 May 2016 when I received my credit card statement, I emailed "[email protected]" with a copy of my statement and asked to have the second subscription cancelled explaining the situation - no reply!
    11 June 2016 I again emailed [email protected] etc asking how to cancel the second subscription - no reply
    24 June 2106 I again emailed and no reply
    I then emailed Symentec in Singapore - no reply

Comments

• Fr
    Frank Estey Jul 27, 2011

I ordered this antivirus product through a game I was playing on Facebook and was charged for same but did not receive it.

• He
    Henrique Santos Jul 21, 2011

Eu fui carregado no meu cartão de crédito 84.98 euros para a renovação da symantec norton [protected] LU. Por favor cancele de imediato o produto porque eu não estou interessado. Por favor envie um email ou algo a cancelar os serviços. O meu email é [email protected]

• Pi
    Piero Pieri Apr 17, 2010

Mi è stato addebitato un importo di € 69, 99 sulla miacarta di credito da Norton senza mia esplicita richiesta.
    Chiedo rimborso immediato

PAGAMENTO EUROCHEQUE - DATA: 12/04/2010 ORA: 00:00:00 C/O NORTON ANNUAL RENEVAL

Piero Pieri

No Symnorton Sep 22, 2009

Why isn't Symantec/Norton taking claim for their inefficient customer service. :-(( (i.e) Concerning this Personal Antivirus problem for one.
    All they want is to keep you on the phone for ever!!! To talk to a person in another country that doesn't help you.. And you can't understand!!
    Or they try to get you to pay out more money for another Symantec/Norton product...
    I don't think so ..Since you have already have paid for their product!! $$ It's in effect and it didn't STOP THE PROBLEM of the "Personal Antivirus"..Attacking many clients computers...

Shame On You Symantec/Norton This Is SO Wrong!!! :-((

norton renewal Jun 17, 2009

renewed and attempted to download norton antivirus product did not upgrade or download to computer

Joyce Wilson Apr 17, 2009

I sent my moneyorder on 03/28/2009 for my noton upgrade and have received nothing showing that it has been accepted. My order number is [protected], order date 28-MAR-09. Why have I not received a confirmation of my order?
    Joyce Wilson
    New address: 12633 N. St. Andrew Dr. W Sun Ciy, AZ 85351 and new phone number is [protected]. The email is the same. [email protected] Thank you for your prompt attention.

Norton Antivirus Apr 14, 2009

I ordered norton on 4 / 10 / 09 for $69. 98 and then was unable to download. I would like a refund of$69. 98 since i was unable to use this program. Thank you

• Ap
    apixiefromhell1 Mar 12, 2009

I was sent an e-mail asking me to wire-trnasfer the money to them. Yet they have my credit card info and all other needed info to electronically bill me.

mad as hell Feb 20, 2009

Norton will sell you a product that does not work. Then they give you the run around for almost two hours and want you to give them more money to clean your p.c... That is why you purchased the product to begin with, so you dont have to worry about your p.c... Then the ### will give you a web site and a connection code that does not exsist. I am tired of companies stealing from the consumer and I am not about to let this rest. I have and will contact all proper autharoites over this matter. People stop being ripped off!!! I am tired of being robbed from multi million dollar companies and its time we all woke up to this. Have a great fnnn day!
    One pissed off customer.

mario gonzalez Dec 08, 2008

Noton charge my card wo / authorization can you pliase refund.

margaret hogan Sep 15, 2008

through the internet I purchased a virus protection product and it slowed my computer to a stop. It cost over $100 to take it out and replace it. This was done at Moorhous Computers in Saugerties, NY

• Ct
    CTRandall Sep 12, 2008

It is seemingly impossible to get through directly to symantec / norton to complain. I attempted to download first one program, order # [protected] 2 for $69. 99 on 8 / 21 / 08 and then when that wouldn't download, order #[protected] for 114. 99 also on 8 / 21 / 08. As i couldn't download these, i switched to mcafee and successfully downloaded their anti - virus program. Subsequently, i could find no way to get through to norton when they suddenly emailed me saying that they were charging me for the above programs as if they had been successfully downloaded. My attempts were repulsed with a rejection of my e - mail address. I had to consequently wait until i received my mastercard notice, which is supposed to have a vendor's phone number on it. Instead, i ago the email address not of symantec, but of some universal sort of complaint service. I need for these charges to be taken off my bill. I double paid for the last symantec i ordered on 8 / 2 / 06, order #[protected] (Symantec notified me on 2 / 8 / 08 that i had not yet downloaded it though i had tried hard at the time and eventually bought a two - year subscription, but in spite of the fact that i had in the meantime (Really almost simultaneously) bought a two - year protection, they made no effort to refund the money. (I am not asking a refund on the 06 order, just including it in the facts to show that norton / semantic do not seem to know what they are doing.) i don't intend to pay them money again for services i do not receive, for programs i cannot download at the time i order them. I would appreciate anything you can do for me in this case.
    Thanks,
    Ctr

• Ke
    kenny mccormick Aug 26, 2008

On 7/28/08 Order #[protected] I tried purchase Norton 360 and extended downlown for $76.28 and I was not able to download. I then purchased on 8/13/08 Norton Antivirus Order # [protected]. I was surprised to see the charge on my statment I thought the purchase did not go through as I was unable to install it. Please remove the charges for the 7/28/08 purchase.

• Ji
    jim Aug 05, 2008

The worst customer service I have ever come across!!!

• Al
    Alba Regina Moretti (Brazil) Aug 01, 2008

I was charged on my credit card 49.99 for the renewal of symantec norton [protected] without authorization. Please cancel the product because I am not interested. I made a stop payment on my credit card. Please let me know what information if any you need Thank you.
    Please can you do something, because I don't have the norton anymore since Mach, 2008, now I have another computer and I don't wanna this anymore! please send me an e-mail or something and cancel the payment.
    thank you!

• Dg
    D. Grove Jun 12, 2008

I have been billed on my credit card for DRI Symantec, $49.99 renewal fee, TWO times. One is MYORD.COM/SYMN and the other is www.myord.commn.

• Ge
    gerry selbie Jun 07, 2008

I have paid annual fee, this they did receive, but now I am constantly told I have not renewed & all sorts of things are happening on my laptop.

• Do
    Donna May 15, 2008

I ordered Norton from the internet. April 13, 08 $68.98 was charged to my visa however, I keep getting a popup that my norton service has expired.

Anita Springer May 01, 2008

I do not want Norton on my computer.
    The reference number is 24692168102000994035330

• Ra
    Ray & Linda McKenzie Apr 28, 2008

I renewed my subscription not knowing that my subscription for virus protection was on an atomatic renewal system. Now I have two charges on my Visa statement, both for $39.99.

I ask that one of the charges be removed, please.

Thanks!

Linda McKenzie

• Th
    Thiruvilan Arakkonam Mohan Sep 09, 2007

Recently i bought a Norton Internet Security 2007 last month at PC world and tried to install. There was a problem in updates and went for online chat help. Four technical expert of Symantec could not solve and finally they had givenup. I again went to return the product and bought new Norton Internet 2007 .This time i had problem with live updates.

I am also fed up with the technical help.

Mohan.

• Gr
    graham mcmullin Aug 22, 2007

Different problem. Same company. I have been slowly but surely losing my mind trying to purchase a new but slightly different subscription for my Norton anti virus program. Why the latest rejection? Wrong ZIP code. Sorry, I don't have a ZIP code. In Canada we use an AREA code. But maybe Norton can no longer handle "foreign transactions".

• Wm
    W Michael Baechler Aug 21, 2007

I have been working with 5-7 different Symantec "customer service" people to help get NAV uninstalled and reinstalled. In the past I could do this myself - but not anymore. I finally go to two different Level 2 Engineers. Using "gotoassist" I gave them access to my computer. The first engineer was almost done with his "test" when my computer decided to reboot and I lost him. The one yesterday, Nanda, did a bunch of work and then logged off.

Now my computer takes 7 minutes to load my few desk icons (this usually takes 10 seconds0, and it takes 2 minutes to open the recycle bin and another 2 for delete to execute. The call in number is useless, they only tell me why they cannot help me. The chat line is better but it usually takes 25 minutes on hold to talk to anyone and even if you give them all your case numbers, they want to start all over.

I cannot find a number for Symantec or Norton Corporate Customer Service and now I do not have NAV on my system and it runs slower than a turtle.

• Ki
    Kimberly R. Aug 15, 2007

Symantec Customer UNservice! Symantec double charged my account when I ordered an on-line download. Because of this, my mortgage check bounced. It took them over 3 days to respond and refund the money! Not only do they not provide customer service for complaints, they want to charge you $9.95 to talk to someone when there is an issue with THEIR product!? The 1-800 staff they have is absolutely incapable of understanding issues. Further more, the last 2 times I have spoken to someone about them paying my late fees, their computers 'suddenly' go down. You're telling me a company that makes their money off of making other people's computers safe doesn't have access to their own computer system? I have been trying to get this resolved for 3 weeks, and they will not respond. Now I have late fees and bounced check fees from all angles because Symantec made a mistake, and they will not resolve it.

I think, as a consumer, your more safe WITHOUT the Norton Pro-Virus programs.