Having problems with SunTrust Banks?

SunTrust Banks reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 30, 2007. The latest review Overdraft Fees was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint freeze my account by suntrust was resolved on Jan 29, 2018. SunTrust Banks has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 301 reviews. SunTrust Banks has resolved 65 complaints.

SunTrust Banks Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 786 8787 (Lost or Stolen Card)
+1 800 382 3232 (Online Banking, PC Banking, Bill Pay & Mobile Banking)
+1 800 447 8994 (Report Checking Account Fraud)
+1 800 443 1032 (Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy Filings, Real-Estate Owned & Short Sale Inquiries)
+1 877 596 5407 (Credit Bureau Disputes)
1 Park Pl NE
Atlanta, Florida
United States - 30303-2904

SunTrust Banks Complaints & Reviews

Suntrust Banks — rude bank teller

I was in SunTrust bank in College park( 5600 Greenbelt Rd, College Park, MD 20740) when I had an issue with...

Suntrust Banksthe customer service

I went to my local suntrust and the teller there is so rude! I just opened my account and she is so rude. I went to just deposit my check and the way she spoke to me is VERY rude. I would like to speak to a district manager or a regional manager someone who's in charge of this area. This is ridiculous. After a month that I've been with them they want to be rude?! No. I will be waiting for a call from someone ASAP.

Suntrust Bankscash rewards

In January (I believe it was on the 11th and on the 17th) i requested twice that my rewards be cashed out and put into my checking account. I am told the money went into a wrong account. I don't know if I gave the wrong number, or someone in the bank did. It doesn't matter. I have been told repeatedly, like every 2 days, that the money would be in my account in 2 days. 2 days would pass and no money. This has been going on for about three weeks now. The decision maker is well insulated, because all I can get are entry level
    people, who can't resolve the issue. The last four digits of my credit card are:
    4389. The amount I am looking for is: $191. and change. PLEASE, is there someone who can resolve this? Why should I wait for the money? The bank should be able to put the money in my account, and deal with the person who erroneously got my money afterward.

Sun Trust — account freeze

My complaint was not resolved. It is generated by the complaint board to which I tried it in vain to correct...

Suntrust Banks — freeze my account by suntrust

Dear mrs/mr On Jan 21 2018 I deposited a check from bank of America in the amount of 755.55 on subsequent...

Suntrust Bankscleveland, tn locations

We opened our account because the location was close to were we live and the other location was not to far out of our way. Now both of those locations are closed and the new branch is on the other side of town in a very very busy part of town. We will be closing our account and opening up with another bank that is more convenient for us and our business.

Suntrust Banksagent service

We went to the Suntrust branch on Wickham Rd in Viera Florida. The girl working the drive through (medium long curly hair and glasses & wearing a white shirt with a floral pattern) greeted us with such a bad attitude that my husband and I both were very offended. The girl is extremely rude. Then, she served the other two windows first, even though we were at the window first and had a very simple transaction. We will NEVER return to this branch. I have never, in all my 25 years of banking, encountered such an unprofessional drive thru worker. Ridiculous!!! She really should be spoken to about her consistency. She has none. Thanks! Love your workers at the other locations very much, especially the Lake Washington Melbourne branch and the Cocoa Beach location.

Suntrust Banksthis bank closed my account and holding my money

You guys are the worst company ever you guys shut people's accounts off without even telling them people are going to go to use their card and get embarrassed because it's going to get denied even when they have money in their account because you guys shut accounts off without telling anybody I think that is uncalled for and I'm going to have you guys investigated because you guys are keeping people from their money and making him wait 10 days for a letter people need their money and then on top of that you guys have no ATMs and no banks people can go to in California

Suntrust Banks — the closing of my business checking account without notification and without the release or access to funds

After attempting to log into my business checking account, I went into a suntrust branch off main street to...

Suntrust Banksteller service in cashing a check

I am not a Sun Trust customer but I recd a check from a former employer who is & I wanted to get the checked cashed immediately so I could deposit to my bank & credit union. The check showed the business name & that it was for the Profit Sharing Trust account. It was a large check (over $5k) so I assume that is why she called my former employer to verify the signature. However, there was definitely a language barrier. She had to repeat my name several time & why she was calling. In the end they did not understand her or why she was calling & the teller couldn't cash the check. She said I had to call them. I asked for the number since I had worked there in awhile & she said she couldn't give it to me. Her name was unusual. It was MayKing or something similar. Towson, Maryland branch at 1608 E. Joppa Road. My name is Christina Slokan. email is [protected]@yahoo.com I left very frustrated & my bank (M&T) took care of it easily.

Suntrust Banksbanking hours

The only reason that (for the time being) we're keeping our two accounts at SunTrust is the two extraordinary female drive-through tellers that you have at your US 441 & Clint Moore Branch. Today I drove through 20 minutes of heavy traffic to get to your bank. I got there at 3:57 according the my Apple watch- which must have been wrong as you had your "4 PM CLOSED" sign up already. Drove to the front door which was locked at 3:59 but it opened a minute later as all your employees were fleeing the building (I didn't see the fire!).
              Where we come from in the Midwest banks have at least a 5 to 10 minute grace period- not that I needed one -I WAS ON TIME! EMPLOYEES FIRST SHOULD BE YOUR MOTTO!!!-Ever think of paying them to 4:15? Oh, that's where the expression "BANKERS HOURS" comes from!

• Po
                  pobarjenkins Nov 08, 2017

Expecting the location to stay open for 5-10 minutes after closing is unreasonable. Employees may have families, other jobs, school, etc. I understand being upset if the location closed early, however there may have been a difference between your clock and theirs. At most what you can do is speak to a supervisor and/or open accounts elsewhere. A lot of banks these days stay open at least until 5:00PM.

Suntrust Bankscustomer service or lack thereof

I have been to the branch in Clonial Heights, VA on several occasions and each time I am made to wait for over 35 minutes up to an hour for someone to verify a check. The branch manager is always on the phone constantly and I watch at least 5 customers walk out each time. The ironic part is that the branch is almost always empty yet the staff is very preoccupied. I will stop conducting business with this and all branches.

Suntrust Banksteller

Watch my bank teller be bubbly and polite to everyone but when I got there she did not speak to me did not smile with me did not even make on contact with me just cash my check and didn't even say was there anything else I can help you with, I just walked away in disbelief hoping that me being the only black customer in the bank at the time I had nothing to do with it

Suntrust Banksattempted repossession of incorrect vehicle

You have an account with a consumer who lives at the same address as I. Your company hired a negligent company to reposses his vehicle, whom in turn, came to my address and lifted MY vehicle and then dropped it and took off like a bat out of hell when they saw people watching them and ( IM ASSUMING) realized that they PICKED UP THE WRONG VEHICLE. This incident happened right before 11AM on 9/22/2017. This was an old blue truck with a woman and man driving. We have placed a call into your company to address this issue being that it happened. Apparently your employee was not interested in hearing about the negligence of this company working for you or correcting the error they made. She was only concerned with finding the vehicle that is the collateral with the bank.. We've called back since and left a voicemail for a manager. How surprising there has been no return call. At this point...I'm livid. MY 2015 WHITE CAMARO SS CONVERTIBLE will now be taken to a shop and the damages INCLUDING THE EXHAUST will be assessed and YOUR company WILL resolve this issue before i get my attorney and the news involved. I am not going to be victimized and have MY property damaged by the negligence of YOUR company and affiliates!

Suntrust Banks — different rules for cashing a check

I walked into the suntrust bank in Roanoke to cash a check my husband wrote out to me. He has an active bank...

Suntrust Banksoverdraft fees

When every other banks and financial institutions in the community understand that people in Freda are going to a difficult time, they temporarily wave their overdraft fees and late charge fees. Suntrust is taking advantage of his customers to charge them overdraft fees. This is wrong. Many people in Florida are still without power, Internet and cables.

Suntrust Bankschecking account

I recently just opened a checking account with Suntrust two weeks agoas they had a $200 bonus promotion. I opened it up with the minimum deposit and signed up with Direct Deposit through my employer. Unfortunately, I was unable to have Direct Deposit to this current paycheck. So, I had to deposit a check myself in which I did via the mobile app. This was on Wednesday, August 30th, 2017 midday. I tried logging on several times on the mobile app the following day and received the "The SunTrust Mobile Banking service is currently unavailable. Please try again." I thought that maybe there was some type of issue with their system, so I said "I'll check back later." I than had to go to Publix to buy something and my card declined. I was surprised because I knew I had funds. So, I paid with the little bit of cash that I had (luckily, because I never carry cash on me). Than decided to do an ATM withdraw, which indicated that I had to contact the Bank. All this time, I still thought "hmm, maybe they are just having a lot of technical issues today". So, I called in this morning as I was still unable to log in the app and was told that they CLOSED out my account. At this moment, I'm irate because I wasn't contacted prior and provided an explanation. The young lady said I had to contact after 8am EST to gather additional information. And so I did. I spoke with another young lady and was told that my account is under "investigation" and that they could not tell me why. I went into the N. Dale Mabry branch (Tampa, FL) and was told by the Branch Manager, Tania after waiting 20 minutes in the lobby (after being told to wait out of her office while she spoke with the Investigation team) that she cannot tell me why but, that they are closing it out 9/8/2017 and that I'll receive a response VIA MAIL 7-10 business days AFTER 9/8/17 and with a decision of whether or not they can release my funds (even prior to the deposit). I felt as I was being treated as "defamation of character". She made me feel as if I was the cause. Even after offering to help and bring my employer over to provide any additional information to get this resolved. Now, I must wait until mid September to know if I received my funds or not. And I am unable to pay my bills until than, including my rent.

This is extremely unprofessional and just lack of communication on their end. I will definitely be seeking representation on "defamation of character" and the amount of time without access to my funds as well as any late fees on my bills.

Suntrust Banksoverdraft fees

Checked my account yesterday and was minus $58. 4 hours later it was $172! Checked my account and everything went through! You guys just want the $36 fees! I have direct deposit. Closing my account tomorrow! You guys are horrible! You want my money that bad? Have it! Would rather be at a bank that cared! All you want is overdraft fees! Take it! Thanks!

Suntrust Banks — wire scam

My name is Jose Manuel and i writing to see if you can give any piece of information about this issue on...

Suntrust Banksonline banking

Suntrust has been highly inconvenient. It is an awful banking service and I wish I never started with it. I have called over ten times and waisted multiple hours trying to figure out this stupid online banking system. They have told me they sent emails but I have never received any. They are waiting my busy time and I would not recommend this terrible banking service to anyone