Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah company logo
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah
reviews & complaints
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

368 complaints
147 resolved 221 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah Go to website

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah reviews & complaints

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah complaints 368

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Credit card and loan

Rakbank promises service delivery, however, it's all a lie, a scam to get you to sign contracts. I frank with the agent when I told him I desperately needed a credit card for fare to get to work, he assured me that I would have the card within the week. This was 3 weeks ago. I only received confirmation of the approval of my card yesterday. Whats worse is that rakbank uses the worst rated courier service, teamex, from the reviews I read, I can only expect to receive the card within the nexr few weeks. I am so saddened and disappointed, because I trusted them. What's worse is that I get calls from rakbank with them pushing me to take out a loan on the card j haven't even received yet... Makes me sick actually. In a nut shell... Please if you're reading this, don't use this bank. It's just not worth it.

Desired outcome: Atleast a call from rakbank

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Account Opining Issue

Sir i have a delivery service company, I applied online to open company business account on 14 december2021, i received email informing me of this [protected] account number, E-mail clearly states that your application has been successful and the bank representative will contact you within one working day for signature and collect the documents.
After four days, the bank representative did not contact me and the account was not activated
Sir it is pity that the service of Rak Bank is very slow,
Muhammad Hussnain
Owner:
ALHUSSNAIN DELIVERY SERVICE EST DUBAI
[protected]

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - eosb hold

I am rak bank account holder. I have personal loan with them, I lost my job few months ago. Currently I got job and submitted all the legally documents (visa/ emirates id/ salary transfer letter) from new employer to the bank. Two months salary already received bank from new employer. Now branch is saying my eosb is not release. Due to credit limit is higher. But they informed to me before (when I submitted documents) within one week you will receive your benefit. Now they are telling another story. Please have a look in my issue.

its showing resolve my issue . its not resolve. please investigate from branch. they not release my EOSB

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - EOSB not release

I am rak bank account holder, I have loan with bank. I lost my previous job. After that I found job already and submitted to the bank my new employee all the documents. And two months salary already transferred to the bank with same account.
When I visited my branch in sheik zayed road dubai to submitted my documents (22nd november) the representative lady said
(counter 1) within few working days will released your eosb.
After few days same representative called me and informed my eosb is use partial for loan. When I ask reason she was told me
My current salary is less than previous salary.
My current salary more than enough for pay emi. Its automatically deducted from my salary. No issue for that.
Then why bank has issues with my eosb and why they are not release to me. Please let me know

Hi, I visited to the Bank, representative said they are not release my EOSB. due to credit limit high. All the documents I submitted to the branch on 22nd of November. all approved by branch. two months salary bank received already with same account. why they cant get my EMI from my salary same as before. and also credit card Blocked by branch. That's very unfair and they are not satisficed customers. Please ask to release my EOSB to the branch . even I visit More times they are same, they said credit department the one decided to use for loan.

I know branch representative tell us lie. its branch decision.

Please let them to pay my EOSB.

thank you.

Dec 02, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Loans

I had a loan from RAK Bank and lost my job due to Covid. Since I was unable to pay the loan Rakbank gave a case against me and I went to the police Station court and explained my predicament to the Judge who after understanding my situation ordered me to pay ADD 10, 000 which I paid with great difficulty.

Since I wasn't able to get a job, I came back to India and have been trying for a job in UAE ever since.

Recently I tried to come to UAE on a visit visa but was informed by a lawyer friend that RakBank had filed a civil case.

I sent numerous mails to RAK Bank to confirm the same but am not receiving any response.

How can I pay back the loan if Rakbank doesn't allow me to comeback and workin the UAE.

Is there anything I can do to get a settlement worked out as RAK Bankis not responding

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Debit card has been overcharged by 19.33 AED which has not been authorised by me.

I have been charged extra on 22/11/2021 by AED 792.33 when the deductible amount should be 773 AED only. For transaction on 19/11/2021 where the online payment has been made to INTERGLOBE AVIATION (GURGAON) for purchasing air ticket from INDIGO AIRLINES.

*** Please note that I received the SMS from RAK bank for the payment of
773 AED on 19th of November 2021 for the above mentioned transaction, for which I received the OTP and which has been authorised by me. But when I checked the bank account statement through RAK BANK APP. I can see that 792.33 AED has been deducted from my bank account for the same transaction, which has not been authorised by me. So I have been over charged by
19.33 AED by RAK BANK illegally.

I have already lodged a complaint with RAK BANK SR5107899 but did not get any help.
I was on a live chat with Sandra Thankachan, through the RAK Bank app. on 26/11/2021, But did not get any help. The agent disconnected the chat without helping me. I want to complain against the agent also

****PLEASE CHECK THE SCREEN SHOT/PHOTOS.

Name : EKAKSHAR MUKHOPADHYAY
RAK BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER: [protected]
Registered Email: [protected]@gmail.com
Registered Phone Number : [protected]

Desired outcome: I want a refund of 19.33 AED which has been deducted from my account illegally.

Nov 25, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Loan recovery

Had sent an earlier detailed complaint wherein I had stated that I lost my job in Dubai and had an existing loan with Rak Bank. Since I was unable to pay, RAK Bank had filed a criminal case and when I explained to the judge about my predicament he told me to pay a fine of AED 10, 000 which I paid with great difficulty. Immediately after that Otaiba from RAK Bank collections sent a mail saying that he knew I paid the fine and that he would give a civil case... I tried very hard for a job but had to comeback to India as I couldnt get one. Recently after many attempts one of my old colleagues told me to come on a visit visa and try for a job. However when I checked with a lawyer I found that RAK Bank has filed a civil case with Sharjah Court of First Instance without even informing me. How can I pay back my loan if RAK Bank will not allow me to work in UAE.. Please be careful when you take loans from RAK Bank... They will drive you to suicide especially Otaiba

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Re: loan agreement #- [protected]

Dear RAK, I am holding a account with RAK BANK and due to my company got collapsed and we have unpaid salaries for 4 months I was unable to pay total statement for the month of sep-2021 but I paid...

H
Oct 15, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Credit card charges

RAKBANK charges arbitrarily renewal fee on its free for lifetime credit card. They won't reverse the charge and also won't cancel the card until the billed amount is paid in full. The customers are not informed in advance of the changes affecting its customers. What an awful bank. A thug in the guise of a bank.
I pray that my plea be heard and this high handed behavior from the bank be corrected

J
Oct 01, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Account opening

This is the worst bank ever! I couldn't agree more with all the bad reviews below. Had 3 times of ugly experience with this bank. First, I applied opening an account at Mussafah branch knowing that...

M
Sep 08, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Request for Waiving bank charges

I am writing this to you for a consideration in waiving off the charges made on my account AGR # ([protected]) -([protected]) -([protected]) -([protected]) -([protected]) -([protected]) for being late in paying the...

Sep 03, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - police case

I was made redundant late last year. I am now having a job offer for a new job so I can get a visa and continue to work and support my family. Rak bank has done a police case on me? How does one pay installments when not in Job.
Its hard enough as it is living here,

So unjustice from Rak. I kept telling them all this time as soon as i get a job you can re start with the payments, yet here i am without a job and a case against me. My job offer will be revoked soon if i dont get the VISA ASAP. As the new firm wants me on board ASAP, else they will hire someone else instead.

Desired outcome: need case withdrawl ASAP so i can get visa and re start my paments

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - credit

I had a credit card with RAK Bank during the pandemic I wasn't able to pay so I requested settlements as I was in deep financial trouble.

After submitting the proof of my financial trouble my credit card settlement was approved by Ms. Madiha from RAK collection Dept.

The settlement was for AED 16, 0000 and the plan was to start the payment from 06/01/2021 and pay it by June 2021.

I have faithfully completed the payment as per the payment plan but it's been almost 2 months since I haven't received any confirmation yet.

I have desperately tried to reach Rak Bank but nobody is helping me out.

I have following with Ms. Madiha & Mr. Abijith.

Please help me to clear this debt so that I can leave the country ASAP.

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Credid Card mis used

My credit card no [protected] has been use for purchasing an Airline ticket from Air Arabia last August 26, 2021 amounting to 1, 361.00 which is not belong to me, even the card is with me during that time. Main question is How the transaction proceed without any otp ? dispute form has been submitted on the same date.

Im requesting to return the lost as im not involve in this transaction

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Complaint against debt collector

Hi this Needa Bi Shaikh I want to make complaint against debt collector I have one due loan past 5 years pending I have getting 100 calls of harassment and abusing the person from derby collection department when I told him to send email conversation he is refusing I told him clearly I will settle the amount in installment which I told him what I will afford n I will clear but that guy raising is voice and threatening me he is saying he come to my office n insult me in front of my staff n manager but he didn't have rights to come in my office n do this when I was continues in touch with him n requesting him to make what I was giving offer if he made any kind of negligence if I will get any problem from my job straight away ill write complain to central ban of the UAE for compensation please corporate with me

Best regards
Needa

W
Aug 24, 2021

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Vehicle mortgage release

Humiliated very badly for two months now i have decided to write.
I have 8 vehicles financed by rak bank since 2015, five of them installments are over (they called mature), when i visit them Nihal building collection department ​for clearance I was shocked to hear completely shock, It was terrible moment for me to hear for 78, 000/- Aed, I was just stunned, after this horrible incident i regain my consciousness and asked them for the statement & details i have told to get it from any branch because they don't have access. when i visit al Qusais branch for statement they did not provide me because there is outstanding then i went to Dragon mart branch they told the same next i went to al quoz branch after distress and arguing with fight they accept my request and i would receive it with in 3 working day by courier i thought my job is done, but what did i know they are going to drag me. After visiting 7 time making a lot of noise in alquoz branch almost one month it took to provide me the statement delay reason was didn't have a contact number with them unfortunately.

Again i reach the collection department nihal bulding to discuss the charges when i show them that i have statement to my surprise they were trying to avoid me, there is one small lady setting on receptiong conter unprofessional, pathetic improper behavior how could lady be like this. I requested her please this is my agreement number inform someone to help me after waiting for more than two hours finally one-person name Narindar sharma called on mobile with improper behavior " yes what you want pay full amount or we know how to take your car and sell" in response I told him please come I am here just look at the statement at once there is some error unfortunately he refused and I started getting torture and he keep shouting at me over the phone same things repeated for two months. Like seriously I am well customer with them since 2013 gave them business & referral them and still no one is listening to me sure they are taking advantage of compulsion.

Now every two days I'm visiting collection department with two blood-pressure tablet to remain stable just because of them I'm BP patient. Nihal bulding rolla branch Sharjah DSO Branch dubai Ras al khaima head office Ras al khaimah branch opp Ansari exchange visit everywhere and very one telling to pay 30% pay 70% pay 50% some of them are very rude and said that I have to pay all or they will file wanted case in Dubai police of all vehicles to confiscated and all that if I do not follow them they going to put more charges so got afraid to stop argued with them anymore.

Mr.Wafiq ( Sharjah branch ) I take my last hope to him but he also come with 30% but in nihal building they told me 50%, in ras al khaimah head office they told 70% it will be totally unfair & injustice if there is only 1 cheque return and has been clear after 6 months and they are forcing and blackmailing Instead of getting a discount, we are just Surviving and they are asking forcfully to pay at any cost or no release for any vehicle. Still we are in crisis pandamic not over yet I was hoping they should be considerate with just a small mistake. I was with them since 2013 I guess this relationship really does not matter from their side but instead they still push you hard to the ground and bleed you more.

Please consider our request we are in very hard bad time please help us in this situation Its humble request please don't play with people emotion for your temporally Benefit.
Have mercy on us …Have mercy on us…Have mercy on us

AGR # [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected], [protected]
[protected]
[protected]@MAIL.COM

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Incompetent mistake and delay by bank in my loan closure

I had an auto loan with RAK Bank for the past four years. In order for urgent sale of my vehicle due to my job loss, I had done an early loan closure of the entire loan amount on 02/08/2021 at the...

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Collection Agency

To whom it may concern,

This is to complain against your collection agency who has scammed me for a settlement plan. I have received a call from RAKBANK collections sometime November 2020 and had offered me a settlement plan for my credit card [protected]. The settlement amount was AED 6900 which we have agreed for 5 installments. The confirmation email from the bank was received, initially the agent whom I have been in contact with, named Drishti whom I believe from derby collections told me that I have to pay AED 1300 for 5 mos, that time I was having 1120 since I was told that this is the minimum amount that I should pay so we can proceed. And which I did, I went to pay the amount (1120 AED). When I was in the machine, 1 10AED note was not accepted by the machine so I deposited 1110 AED and sent the receipt to agent. She told me that it is not enough and that I have to put the 10aed balance immediately, I couldn't do that since my home is far away from the machine and I cannot go back so soon, so what she did, she asked me to transfer the 10aed to her personal account and she was the one who deposited the money in the machine. Attached is the receipt as a proof and also the proof of our conversation. After that, the agent told me to pay 1480 on 11th of december. And I followed the instructions, I paid 1500 AED instead on 9th december 2020 (attached is the receipt). Dristhti informed me through call and message that she was able to negotiate with the bank, I was informed that instad of AED 6900 she was able to bring it down to AED6500 AED, for that reason I only have to pay AED1300 for the following months which I followed. On 11th of January 2021 I deposited 1300 AED, 10th of February 2021 I deposited 1300 AED, 10th of March another 1300 AED and a call was received from the collection agent saying that I am done and now completed my settlement plan and just wait for the clearance. To my surprise, I got a call from another agent on April 2021 saying that I have to pay and all that I did not follow the settlement plan. So I argued with them many times, all those harassment calls that I received even at night, at work, I can say all the time, even calling me unprofessional, shouting at me over the phone. Then they asked me again to deposit 100aed so I can get my clearance and asked to send the receipt to the email who sent the settlement letter. So I forwarded the receipt, waiting for the settlement. And nothing happened. I started getting torture calls from same agency, derby collections claiming that I did not pay according to the settlement plan and that I have to pay all over again and they will send me a new settlement plan. This is totally unfair as I finished already and followed every instruction that they told me. Until now they are threatening me, calling me so many times, threatening to visit my office to put me in shame, calling my old Mother back home and harassing her. This is totally unacceptable and a scam. I have attached all the receipts for your reference and willing to visit your office to show proof of conversations and voice note from their agent. I hope that rakbank will help me settle this because I am a victim of your outsourced collection agency and this might what they have been doing as well to your other clients. It is too unfair and torture to us and they make also our families worry. I am requesting rakbank to clear this issue immediately or else I will do what I have to do and sue the ones involved.
Please consider hearing us/me because the money used to pay is hard earned money and not just picked up somewhere. I am willing to visit your office so we can discuss this further. I have followed all instructions given to me so I can clear this up but this is now what happened. Instead of getting a discount through settlement plan, now you want me to pay double. This is totally unfair. You are not being human. Please look into this matter because I will never ever stop fighting for my right whatever it takes. I will make sure that I will be heard and will bring it to any platform even in social media just to stop this scam of your outsources collection agency.

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - Credit card settlement

I have 2 accounts from RAKBANK a credit card and an instant money loan in fairness they give me both settlements from my 2 accounts. I was with them seen 22.06.2017. Just because COVID happens thing...

T

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - credit card

I have had the Rak bank credit card since 2016 which was supposed to be settled in 1 year as decided and signed.after plenty of complains and proofs I was alarmed to see they have been charging me for 17 months when it was agreed and signed for 12 months.
The bank used third party collection services which act fraudulently using different designations every time an email is sent.I will raise this issue to the central bank with all the proofs and emails of fraud, deceit and malpractices used by these in the name of the bank.

please call me on [protected]