Having problems with SunTrust Banks?

SunTrust Banks reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 30, 2007. The latest review Overdraft Fees was posted on Apr 7, 2021. The latest complaint freeze my account by suntrust was resolved on Jan 29, 2018. SunTrust Banks has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 301 reviews. SunTrust Banks has resolved 65 complaints.

SunTrust Banks Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 786 8787 (Lost or Stolen Card)
+1 800 382 3232 (Online Banking, PC Banking, Bill Pay & Mobile Banking)
+1 800 447 8994 (Report Checking Account Fraud)
+1 800 443 1032 (Loss Mitigation, Bankruptcy Filings, Real-Estate Owned & Short Sale Inquiries)
+1 877 596 5407 (Credit Bureau Disputes)
1 Park Pl NE
Atlanta, Florida
United States - 30303-2904

SunTrust Banks Complaints & Reviews

Suntrust Online Banking — online banking

To whom it may concern: A joke, yes suntrust bank is a absolute joke. I was able to open a checking account...

Suntrust Bank — poor customer service

I had to wait at the drive thru window 15 minutes to make a cash payment. After a while I used the call...

Sun Trustrefuse to cash bonds

on May31, 2018 went to sun trust bank located in Publix on Mt Zion pkwy. teller took bonds questions was asked, do you anymore bonds? I said yes she asked are u going to cash them? I said no not anytime soon. She later asked did I have an account after a conversation with Mr. Mitchell. I told her I have been cashing saving bonds a sun trust for the past 2 years with out any problem so why today. she did not ask the bank manager Latish Leavell for advice it came from Mr.Mitchell

Suntrust Bankspoor customer service disrespectful and intrusive staff

In the last year, I have visited the N Kendall Drive branch due to the fact that I am the personal representative of one of their customers who passed away. I have been accompanied by a relative. The have been hostile to us, second guessing our intentions as if we were into fraud or something similar. I have court papers that allow me to open the safe box number 66211. Since we didn't have the key, they took a long time to finally get us an appointment with a locksmith. During those weeks, I called several times to make sure they had the documentation needed to make the appointment. I called the Branch Manager, Angela Gonzalez, left messages and she never called me back. The other employees did the bare minimum to help and it was only when I manifested how upset I was that they made the appointment for me. This week, Ms. Gonzalez, the Branch Manager, called me to let me know that they were cancelling the appointment because the box had another owner and that owner had opened the box. It wasn't until yesterday that I was informed that the box had another owner and that for that reason I couldn't open the box. They could have let me know since I did my first request. I was aware that one of the checking accounts that belonged to the deceased person, of whom I am the personal representative, had a co-owner. However, I did not know about the safe. In another occasion, when I went to close another checking account that did belong to the deceased customer only, the Manager in a harsh way gave me the remaining money with a check payable to "the Estate of Leonel de la Cuesta" (the deceased), not without reiterating that the check was to be deposited into the estate account and not my personal account. I never asked this information from her, as I perfectly know the difference between my personal account and the estate's account. I did not appreciate the way this Branch Manager, Ms. Angie Gonzalez, addressed me. In short, they did not give me the information that I needed, that the safe had another owner and therefore I could not open it, even with a court order, and instead they made me wait for weeks for the appointment, after many phone calls. Together with this I received a disrespectful treatment as if I were trying to steal something that did not belong to me. Intrusive, disrespectful and poor customer service. They made me waist my time and questioned my integrity.

Suntrust Banks — business banking

I am currently having an huge issue with the companies policies and timing for investigation of a busine...

Suntrust Banksmobile deposit

The $8000 per month limit for mobile deposits is an extreme hardship for me and I just simply need it raised. I've called about this three times and i've been told every time that "it can't be done"... Are you serious??? Believe me. I know that is a lie and it can be done. I've been a customer for over twenty years. I have two mortgages, an equity line and two bank accounts. All through suntrust. All my bills run through suntrust.

I live in smyrna, tn and I work out of town. Right now i'm in arlington, tx and will probably be here for at least a year. I try to fly home every couple of weeks but sometimes work will not allow it. I need to make these deposits into my account.

Just raise it to $12, 000 I don't understand why this is such an issue and why suntrust refuses to accommodate this simple request.

Suntrust Banksworst experience from manager nailia abbassova

We went to sunTrust South Riding Branch and the Manager Nailia Abbassova was very rude and impolite. We have a savings account there and we took an appointment to get a document attested. She didn't even care about the appointment and blindly said they can't do it in a rude way. She said it was a courtesy from the bank and she has the right not to do it. All the papers were correct and she did not even look at it.

Suntrust Bankssuntrust business checking acct

I called SunTrust Bank customer service to change my business address as mailed statements are going to my old address and being returned, as I was told by the bank. I asked to add my new address since sadly this cannot be done online which makes no sense; if I can answer all the security questions and all other facets then I should be able to. The only thing I could not answer on the phone was what is my deboit card number. I don't know because I never use it and do not keep it with me and I am 4, 000 miles from my branch. So because I could not provide my debit card number she wouldnt change the address. When I said to stop the mail because the bank told me its being returned she told me if its returned once it wont be mailed again. A different rep said several months of statemments had been returned so one of them doesnt know their job. When I asked about getting a new debit card the rep said it would be sent to the address on record which I am no longer at. Catch 22, can't change my address without a debit card number (which is stupid because I could answer every other question) and if I request a debit card it will be sent to the old address I am not at.

SunTrust is simply not a prime time bank. Lousy service as all the above took 20 minutes. Monique was the supervisor I spoke with and was of no help - just a drone on voice spouting procedure. When I return in July to the piss ant branch bank it will be to close the account.

Suntrust Banks — banking / back draft issues

My name is Chris Tatem and my wife's name is Ashley Tatem. We have been banking with SunTrust for over a...

Suntrust Banksselect savings - stole my money

SunTrust advisor encouraged me to open a savings account saying that our mortgage qualified us for a special account but that everything was waived except the additional $25. We agreed over the phone for her to move the money into the account. Nothing was said about that I had to put $25 in monthly. SunTrust without notification began charging my savings a $7 maintenance fee. Then closed the account in February. Yesterday we received the notification in the mail. 2 months later...and had no prior notifications via phone, email, or mail. We had no clue as to why this happened it didn't say anything about how we failed to meet their requirements. Which had wr known we would have never opened the account as we only use them for our mortgage. Upon calling they informed me of the requirements...none of which I was disclosed and then proceeded to tell me they couldn't do anything. Talked with supervisor and continued to say sorry repeatedly and that because the account was closed they couldn't refund the money...but they closed the account, and STOLE my money. I expressed to her I expected to speak to someone who could solve my problem and give me back the money they STOLE. She opened it for review under someone else. Said I should hear something in 3 to 5 days after investigation. This is the 3rd incidence with them since our refinance last April! Seriously considering refinancing again!!!

Suntrust Banks — unauthorized charges on my debit card posted to a suntrust credit card

After paying my suntrust credit card payment on the due date. Suntrust took it upon themselves to make five...

Suntrust Banksteller window procedures

On 4/3/18, my wife visited a Suntrust branch to conduct a large withdrawal. She was withdrawing $8000 from the bank in cash and had to conduct the transaction at the window where others are in plain view and hearing. While others may not know the amount, you can somewhat get an idea if you are at the teller window and it takes you some time to count that amount. She wasn't sure if the amount was correct because she was afraid to stand at the window and manually count the amount due to being in open/plain view of others conducting banking business at the window and waiting in line behind her. I was shocked to find out from your Bank manager that this is the normal way of conducting business for such a transaction. I informed her that I would of thought your branch would refer the customer to one of the customer service reps in a office, take the withdrawal slip, gather the money and provide a private place to count such a large amount prior to departing the bank. Afterall, regardless of whether the teller had the machine count the money, show the customer the amount indicated, that still does not mean that a counting error can be made. Machines do fail sometimes.

At any rate, it is my opinion that such a procedure for this transaction put my wife at risk and our home at risk.

If it were not for another Suntrust branch conducting business totally different when I had a large transaction to withdraw, I would probably not be writing this complaint. I sincerely, think that training and procedure needs revamping for this particular branch.

Suntrust Banksmy money is gone and account is blocked!!!

I just opened a select savings account on 3/21/2018 I deposited 3, 200 in cash on 3/22/2018 I tried to log in to set up online account and view my account I could not get through I called customer service for them to tell me to go to local branch my account is closed and blocked there is a zero balance. How I just opened the account I deposited cash I have my deposit slip I don't know what is going on I need my money ASAP this it horrible I'm a single mother of five recently lost my husband and you all just take my money no way...

Suntrust Banks — employee (kelsey smith) (brohan tealak)

I would like to first say I would love to sue this bank. Simply because I was almost thrown in jail because...

Suntrust Banksinitial hold then an extended hold.

Thursday March 15th, 2018, I got paid and decided after great hesitation due to what had happened two weeks before on 03/02/18 when I deposited my check through the SunTrust ATM machine ( first time they held it) that I will go to the bank it was from to cash it . The next morning (Friday) I woke up and checked my SunTrust account to discover a hold was put on it, so I said okay this is the first time I will not fuss about it. But here it is two weeks later and it is done again. So I called Suntrust bank and pretty much let them know I was not having it a second time and to release my money. I repeatedly asked what is the reason for it being on hold this time and the bank representative (Malia) simply said there was no reason. Then I admit I became so angry and did not behave very nice. I needed my money to get a car and here it is Suntrust is going to make matters worse for me because I will lose a good deal on a car (which ended up happening) suntrust were determined to keep my money for a while to do their investments like I have heard. Well regardless of how i felt SunTrust informed me that out of $1500.00 they will release $400 from my pay check the following day 3/17/18, (which by the way never happened). I told the representative (Malia) being I am a manager with the company I work for I had access to the company bank information, and I can send her a print out of the money they took out for my check (she didn't give a crap! Well just so my pressure won't raise up further I decided to stop begging for my money and let SunTrust do what they wanted with it. Because I am aware of their true intentions for my money and they were determined to do what they were going to do to make money with it regardless of what I said or did. I gave up and let the representative know that I will be in as soon as it is cleared to close the account and take all my money out. Which I will first thing once it is available. I received a letter from them the following day 3/17/18 informing me $400 was available on the 3/17/18 (which was a lie) here it is 3/21/18 and I still have no access to my money they said I would have all of on the 3/20/18. So once again I call Suntrust and they informed me that I will not have access to my money until 3/23/18 (they extended the hold. I was happy I made it so that my last transaction was 3/16/17 because I had already informed the rep.( Malia) on the phone i will be withdrawing and closing this account once my money is released from the hold. I stopped using their card the same day, so nothing will delay me from withdrawing and closing the account when the time comes.
                  SunTrust you suck big time and the business I work in I promise to stop all my clients from using your bank/ products or from opening accounts with you and to pass it on. I work for a reputable company and I know I can make a difference and I will make sure it impacts your banks. You have No right to disrupt any one's lively hood for your gain, and it is the consumer who will decide that this nonsense never happens again.

initial hold then an extended hold.

Suntrust Bankscustomer service.

Suntrust, I have been banking with you for years. Lately, you've stepped up your security process. Thanks. However, I've been humiliated with declined card transactions and today at brunch I cannot sign into my mobile banking. I call to rectify the situation and your customer service representative is condescending. It's alreafy embarrassing enough that every time I use my card there's an issue, but now your representative is using a tone with me. This is not good business tactics. You're making banking with you unpleasant, inconvenient, and miserable. I suggest finding ways that are most convenient for your customers, so they don't have to waste 20-minutes each time they're using your card.

Suntrust Banksunexplained fees

Me and my husband filed bankruptcy, one of the creditors place a garnishment on our account. My attorney and the creditors attorney submitted all the paper work that suntrust stated they needed to remove the garnishment...4 days later they still have my money on hold. they are also charging me a $100 fee for legal processing and a $386.45 fee for legal processing. NO ONE at suntrust can explain to me or my attorney what the $386.45 fee is for. When ever we reach out to them all i get back is we can not talk to the legal department we have to send an email, we will call you when they respond. The creditors attorney submitted a dismissal form 2 times and it has done nothing. All 7 people that i have talked to when you call the number have given me different answers every time. One lady ask me to hold while she reached out to the legal department after waiting on hold for 11 minutes she picked up the phone and than hung up. I have keep a detailed log of ever conversation with date and time that i have spoken to them. This issue is STILL NOT RESOLVED!

Suntrust Banksterrible customer service

Hello I was at the bank in Marietta Georgia on Whitlock making deposits into my account I have 60% of a $20 bill that my dog chewed up and upon making the deposit I asked if they can accept it the lady at the next window over said it had to be 60% I showed her that it was 60% she then proceeded to be rude and argumentative and told me I need to go bank somewhere else I can't believe she works behind the counter when you can plainly see that there's more than half the bill here I don't know where she's getting her math from but I'll check the Google reviews on this Bank and I'm not the only one that has a problem with customer service I think I'll be taking her advice it was a horrible experience and I'm going to find a nicer Bank

Suntrust Banksoverdraft fees

Suntrust is doing shady business, they will try and hit you with as many overdraft fees as possible. If you have 100.00 in your account and you make 2 transactions, both totaling 100.00, then another later that afternoon for 101.00. Suntrust will then, after 9 pm move the charges around, so that the 101.00 charge will take the money first an hit you with 2 overdraft fees, one for each of the transactions. When in fact it should have only been one cause at the time of the 2 transactions its was funds there to cover, not the case with this bank, higher charges go first to eat up the money so they can gain from it. I have already filed a complaint and waiting to hear back from my attorney

Suntrustnsf fee for 6 cent oversight

Charged 36 dollars for a 6 cent oversight. Called customer service had a 20 minute wait time was told too bad. This is not right and they are very smug and so sure that they are right in ripping off their clients.Been a customer for 17 years. Word of advice do not use this bank they rob their clients. Is this legal? Cant find any info the number for their corporate office is out of order and there is no way to contact them.