Sterling Cigarettescigarettes not puffing

R Review updated:

On several occasions, I have purchased a pack of 10 or 20 Sterling cigarettes from Dobbs General Store. When I light a cigarette, it doesn't always puff. After several attempts to get a 'drag' from the cigarette, I notice the filter of the cigarette goes a dark brown, nearly black colour. The cigarette gradually gives me a few puffs, with some effort might I add. The cigarette doesn't go out but barely gives off any smoke. I smoke Sterling Kingsize, the red version. What could the problem be? I have purchased a substantial amount of packets the product, given it is my first choice of cigarette. My name is Mr Ryan Woollard. Telephone: [protected]. Email: [protected]@hotmail.co.uk.

• Ge
    Gemma Bashir Sep 10, 2019

I purchased a pack of sterling tobacco and it's got like little pieces of brown paper stuff in side mixed with the tobacco there is a fair bit inside the pouch I had to buy another pack as there was that much it was un smoke able

Comments

• vena4u2 Jun 13, 2016

HALLO MEIN LIEBER nice meeting you.
    HOW ARE YOU, OVER es in Ihrem Land HOPE FINE.GLORY Gott zu sein.
    Mein Name ist Miss VENA. Ich bin für HONEST sanfter Freund und ich fand SIE AUF UND ICH BIN daran interessiert, Freund mit dir ... THE LAMP OF FRIENDSHIP brennt immer mit dem Öl der Liebe.
    Für weitere Einführung Bitte antworten Sie mir auf meine private E-Mail-Box. ([email protected]) und ich schicke Ihnen mein Bild für Sie zu wissen, wie ich aussehe. Hoffnung, von Ihnen mit viel Liebe HÖREN. Ich warte auf Ihre Mail in meinem privaten E-Mail Box zu sehen. ([email protected])
    ...- ...

HELLO MY DEAR NICE MEETING YOU.
    HOW ARE YOU, OVER THERE IN YOUR COUNTRY HOPE FINE.GLORY BE TO GOD.
    MY NAME IS MISS VENA. I AM LOOKING FOR HONEST GENTLE FRIEND AND I FOUND YOU ON AND I AM INTERESTED IN MAKING FRIEND WITH YOU...THE LAMP OF FRIENDSHIP ALWAYS BURNS WITH THE OIL OF LOVE.
    FOR MORE INTRODUCTION PLEASE REPLY ME TO MY PRIVATE E- MAIL BOX. ([email protected]) AND I WILL SEND YOU MY PICTURE FOR YOU TO KNOW WHAT I LOOK LIKE. HOPING TO HEAR FROM YOU WITH LOTS OF LOVE. I AM WAITING TO SEE YOUR MAIL IN MY PRIVATE EMAIL BOX. ([email protected])

• Sl
    slj1969 Jun 13, 2016

Yesterday (26 Aug 2012) I bought a pack of 20 Sterling Superkings from my local corner shop on the Compton Road, just down from the Royal Oak pub. Walked back to the pub and opened the pack, which was sealed as normal only to find 16 ### instead of 20. Went back to the shop and they didnt want to know and just said I needed to get in touch with the manufacturers.

SammyA Jun 13, 2016

I am a small business owner in Tulsa, OK. Oklahoma Natural Gas, charged me $230 deposit to instate my acct. I already have a residential acct that never missed a payment. Now they are charging me $85 per month SERVICE CHARGE for my business. We have no use for gas in our facility until this coming winter. I just called ONG and they informed me, only if I cancel for 6 months and reinstate my service no sooner than 6 months, I will not be charged additional. If I reinstate the gas service sooner I will pay $85 x 6 plus the connect fee!
    I would say ONG has a clear monopoly on gas/services in the state of Oklahoma. Why should a customer be charged gas service when gas is not in use and penalized if they stop gas service and then reinstate gas service earlier than the gas company is trying to dictate for the time period they are buying service for. This is a simply non-American policy that does not help small business owner.

• Mr
    Mr D. Searby Jun 13, 2016

I found that the cigarettes kept going out, so I pulled one apart, and to my disgust I found the head and a small piece of body from some kind off beetle. I would strongly advise anyone who smokes sterling to switch to a different brand, or as I have switch to tobacco, you can at least see what's in there, I will be keeping the beetle's head, as a reminder and lets face it shocker to anyone that sees it [as it will be hard to prove it came from the cigarette, ]

anski21 Jun 13, 2016

The latst superkings smooth blue keep going out and don't puff very well

• La
    Larry W. Jun 13, 2016

Tell ya what.. that's common ### here in the states. It's a Hillary thing, she started it in New York. So us smokers don't burn our selfs if we smoke in bed. Bad thing is...that way they keep going, put one on a crap chair by the curb.. it went up in flames. They only go out if you do the wise thing & use an ash tray, or between your fingers. Thank You so much Hillary Clinton.

mandslo Jun 13, 2016

recently i have found that when i light up a cigarette it keeps going out . this has been happening on a regular occurrence and I'm very disappointed in Sterling as i have been smoking them for a number of years and am disappointed in the quality that i am now expected to purchase . i am a pensioner and i can ill afford to spend money on goods that don't deliver .

• Mi
    missing cigs Jun 13, 2016

I bought 20 sterling kingsize on the 12.05.2014 on my credit/debit card and there was only 19 in the packet which should of contained 20 i then went again on the 13.05.2014 and bought a further 20 sterling kingsize red and again there was only 19 in the packet which should of contained 20 and then on the same day (13.05.2014) i bought a further 20 and asked the CSA who to complain to and opened them infront of him to find again a 19 cigs rather than 20.

• Sh
    ShazFisher Apr 05, 2016

They are rank! Quality has gone way downhill, smell is awful, like cheap rolling tobacco...heads come off when flicking, bits of wood inside etc...

• Ka
    Kathryn drury Jul 16, 2015

I brought sterling fresh burst yesterday and they tasted awful left a funny taste in my mouth and on my lips drinks I had afterwards tasted awful too .i had them before and they were fine not happy to pay what I've paid and not get the product I was expecting

• Re
    Rebeccaholly94 Jul 08, 2015

I brought a packet of 20 sterling (not nineteen) today and when I opened the packet there was only 18 inside, as I pay over six pound for this product I do expect the product to be as intended

• Al
    Alan Rose Jul 06, 2015

Just rang JTI on +[protected] and spoke to their Customer Services. They are making a note on these complaints for future reference and action. So ring up. The more the better.

• Ce
    celtic4eva Jul 01, 2014

bought 20 pack that had 19 in, my daughter bpught a pack the other side of town and hers was the same, sort it pout sterling or im changing brands, they're too deafr to be getting ripped off !!!

• Ce
    celtic4eva Jul 01, 2014

Bought 20 sterling menthol yesterday to find there was 19 cigarettes int he pack, i told my daughter who also smokes sterling, she had bought a pack on the other sid of the town we live in and there was 19 in her pack asweell, sort it out sterling or im going to change brand and i dont care if i pay more at least i wont be getting ripped off !!!

• Ai
    Aidan Farrington Mar 12, 2014

I have recently brought a 12.5g of sterling smoking tobacco and it seems that inside there's 2 pieces of what looks like beef jerky, it was shocking considering how big the sterling company is, I'm not happy at all, plus the tobacco was very dry. I have taken photos for proof.

• Di
    Dinahhuddleston Mar 26, 2013

I am very disappoint about the sterling red superkings I buy 100 ciggerates every 2days an im just not happy at all I opened a pack 3days ago an there was 18 figs in it an opened a pack about an hour ago an there was 19 this shouldn't be right for the price I am paying for them . please contact Dinah on [protected]

• Pa
    pamela pringle Feb 14, 2013

absolutely agree with all comments above. see from dates this situation has been going on for a long time. my brand is superking mentholated .price £ 6.40 per.pack. very dangerous as tip falls out easily.

madalex Feb 06, 2013

quality department
    PO Box 371
    weybridge
    surrey
    kt13 0zw

helplibe [protected]

madalex Feb 06, 2013

i smoke "fresh taste" the last of the tobacco always falls out. before you can finish smoking. must be a problem with how they is filled.

• Na
    Natalieh Jan 28, 2013

Hi bort some cigarette's from shop the other night to find out that some of the cigarette's had slits in them!! I am absolutely disgusted as it is not the first time this as happened with sterling king size red packet. Its not like they are cheap either nearly paying 7pound a packet you don't want this to be re-accuring!! Like i say it is not the first time and i am so angry about this. Hope you can sort this and get in-touch with me please the bar-code number is 5 [protected] my email is [email protected] i have smoked sterling king size for a while now and cant believe how they have gone down hill thanks hope to hear from you natalie

• Na
    Natalieh Jan 27, 2013

Hi i have been smoking sterling king size red for along time no. Im discusted how they have gone up in price but also i wouldn't mind if they was smoking right or on other occasions i have opened a 20 pack and there as been big slits in the cigarets!! I went to the shop last nite opened a pack ov 20 and there was few cigarets in the packet with slits in, this is not acceptable as it is not the first time. Please will u get in touch with me as i am discusted!! [email protected] natalie hadfield 45 duckset lane eckington sheffield s21 4bs this is what they were like and number on packet thanks

• Mi
    michelle armstrong Nov 08, 2012

i brougth 40 windsor blue king size cigarettes from tesco yesterday but found they keep goin out and the paper on one of them that gose round the tip was all over the cigarette and i dont pay £12 to £15 pounds a day to get cigarettes that i carnt smoke as they hauent bin made properly i changed from lambert an butler to windsor blue because of the price they are now but looks like i made a bad choice...

John2.0 Aug 15, 2012

I am smoking for last seven years and always buy cigarettes one mark . Marlboro best cigarettes in the world i always smoking them

• Ju
    julie collins Aug 04, 2012

I am sick of buying these ### that do not perform like they should i.e they go out, the filter does not fit the cigarette like it should there
    fore i will not be buying these cigarettes ever again.

josie123 Jun 12, 2012

its not just the fact they go out the ends drop of and the taste is not the same not impressed i have burnt a hole in a new carpet how safe is that and the hot end is twice as big as it was

andy tomlinson Jun 07, 2012

ive smoked sterling superkings for a while now & the quality has gone down hill plus they have raised the [price before you lightb one there is less tobbaco in them thats the reason for them constantly going out, unless they change & soon we will no longer purchase this brand anymore im also sending a letter to watch dog.

• Ni
    nick_7 May 19, 2012

All problems experienced in this thread are down to EU regulations mainly EU fire regulations which enforces tobacco firms to manufacture cigarettes that automatically go out on there own just in case they are left unattended or if you fall asleep especially under the influence of alcohol and drop a lit cigarette or cigar onto something that would easily catch fire such as a sofa or bed covers. There is nothing you can do about it i'm afraid, however I would suggest you forward your comments to JTI which has now taken over Gallaher tobacco which owns the Sterling Cigarette brand as it maybe a manufacturing error if it goes out as soon as you light up a cigarette and possibly might be entitled to a refund.

• Tr
    Traci ansell May 01, 2012

i have just baught a packet of 10 sterling king size, there was 8 in the packet, as you have put the prices up, i wish a refund. your sincerly, Traci ansell. please get intouch as i would like to know what your actions are. [protected] - [protected].

• Ge
    Gem Hop2736 Apr 23, 2012

Just contacted them and Ben Gabbott is right the paper has a "speed bump" design that if you are not taking a drag when you hit one it will go out it is now new legislation and law 3 out of 4 ### in ur packet will do this :)

• Fa
    fag end lil Mar 29, 2012

silk cut cigarettes are the same of complaints above.they are dangerous as big lumps of hot ash fall off. so how are they supposed to be safer ? you puff and theres just no taste and no smoke either.have to keep lighting them as they keep going out. so god knows what
    they are putting in them. they smell like old rope.so i think it effects all brands and doesnt matter where you buy them they are all the same in faults.and ive bought them in south wales, kent and all over the uk.the only different ones are duty free .i did complain to the makers after i managed to track them down and was told it a goverment regulation for safety.(ha ha) very safe when lumps fall off. and burn clothing and carpets.i live in south wales and my e-mail address is [email protected] does anyone else ever get a sore throat and burning taste in the mouth ?

• Be
    Ben Gabbott Mar 14, 2012

New regulations have been put in place to stop house fires from unattended ###. basically the ### is now designed to go out of not smoked for a short period of time

• Si
    siobhan E Mar 08, 2012

i have always smoked sterling cigarettes but have noticed lately that they will not stay lit.

• Pe
    peterbe Feb 20, 2012

i have also had the problem with sterling menthol kingsize. has anyone yet had a response from https://www.jti.com

• Ca
    catsbennett Jan 11, 2012

i smoke royals smooth and this is happening with them as well - i now have to inhale harder to keep the darn thing alight which surely (all u health inspectors) cant be a good thing?

• De
    demonicrod Dec 16, 2011

hi yes rod from newbury berks they do not stay alight like the cigs king size.
    i thought it might have been a safety thing or something

andrea#### Dec 16, 2011

i too have been having the same problem for months but as a smoker i keep on . i was thinking of changing brands but as i have just read it isnt only sterling. well what a rip off . the cost is so much more yet quality is ### where is the quality control in this or they all redundant now and we are english and will accept anything.
    i am now going to smoke roll ups as they do not go out as often as sterling and are cheaper.
    if the government think its a good way to make people quit god help our future taxes !!!

• Pa
    paul baird Dec 12, 2011

i am a heavy somler and sterling have went down hill all ways going out heads falling off and ust about burning a hole in my jumper. and they have a cheek to change £5.78 per packet rip off. now i know why i go on hoildays to bring them back is cheap and not as bad as the ones here paul baird

• Ga
    garyp38 Nov 28, 2011

My wife and I both smoke sterling over the past two months we have noticed the change in the quality of the cigarettes I smoke king size my wife smokes the superkings, and we both have the same issue of them not staying alight and having to keep dragging on them to stay alight. This issue needs addressing immediately.

• Yv
    yvonne harper Nov 24, 2011

i am fed up with buying sterling kingsize an they constantly go out. after complaining 2 my shop keeper many times he told me last night that he had spoke 2 the rep that suplys him an the rep as said that its a saftey thing galahers have added the the cigarettes witch means if u dont puff on them 4 a while they will go out. intending to stop an unattended cigarette from starting a fire. this surly cant b true can it? has anyone else heard of this? i live in belfast. email address: [email protected]