Starbucks at Georgetown, Washington, DCthis guy wiped out his smile in no second and threw the 2 dollars to me...

T

This is an unfortunate story about what happened this afternoon.

My wife and I went to a Starbucks at Georgetown, Washington, DC to get an iced coffee. I gave a cashier a $5 bill and a $1 additionally because my wife wanted to have some quarters for a parking meter. I didn't realize at first, but the cashier gave me the change but it was $2 short. She might have got confused because I gave her one more dollar for some more quarters. Anyway, we went back there and asked this middle aged guy working at the counter to give us back the two dollars. This guy wiped out his smile in no second and threw the 2 dollars to me. And then he slam shut the cashier ### about something. We just didn't want to make a scene there, so decided to get out pronto without confronting him.

Just wanted to share our unfortunate event with any of you.

Thanks.
taz

• Jk
    J-killer Aug 15, 2018

arrogant and rude

• Iv
    Ivelis Aug 15, 2018

I stop to get 2 vanilla bean frp before my boarding time at the Tampa Airport and it took so long that I had to go and leave my drinks behind. Just one person making drinks for a buch of people not good.

• Br
    Bridget Goodman Talbot Aug 15, 2018

I forgot to use my phone to order the drinks. I kept the receipt. I would like to be able to add these drinks to my account so I can get the stars. Why isn't this possible?
    I like that I can add a receipt after purchase for other companies. Starbucks should make this an option.

• Sean Combs The Paper Boy Aug 15, 2018

The Starbucks located at City Center Square at 1100 Main in Kansas City Missouri, refuses to serve blacks. I was ignored when I entered the store and told they don't serve coons. I will never enter a Starbucks store again. This is s White's Only establishment.

• Ay
    Aybike Aug 15, 2018

ı like to be starbucks and ı saw a lot of branches all world. But the man behavied rude. I didnt understant why. my books on the table he said you have to take your books
    ı said ı ll be back but his behavior very bad.

• Aj
    AjayMarc Aug 20, 2018

A barista at Issaquah Highlands Starbucks (19354) named Denise was incredible rude and demeaning to a fellow worker then turned to her customers and pretended to be nice. WOW. Her true colors really showed through while talking to her fellow co-worker. What a two faced snake! It totally ruined by coffee experience!

• Ji
    jikester Aug 20, 2018

I remain a Starbucks shareholder, but no longer a customer of this store. 5 people behind the counter so busy chatting with one another that I waited some 7 minutes (the only customer waiting) and then couldn't even get their attention to find out what the hold up was. I walked out w/o my tall cappuccino.

• Ao
    A.Onoy Aug 20, 2018

The coffee they served tasted like shit

mamaneko53 Aug 20, 2018

The store on 3rd Avenue near East 43rd street, Manhattan, New York.
    The barista said absolutely no word, no hello, nothing, and no smile.
    The coffee I got was luke-warm.
    I am sorry but I will never go back there again.

• Ed
    Edward Pifkin Aug 20, 2018

If you are a working person or contractor you can count on being ostracized by not just the employees but also by the entitled customers you see in any Starbucks. And your food is horrible too.

• Tu
    TuckPutnam Aug 20, 2018

We won't be buying from Starbucks from now on until the manager is reinstated.
    The race card is being used against even strongly liberal companies like yours and every time they win it perpetuates this stupidity.
    This is mob rules.

• Mo
    Montselane Aug 21, 2018

Tables at Starbucks on Terminal 1 were not cleared, when I asked who was in charge of clearing the tables
    This was the response

Once my colleague's finishes tidying up the display mugs she will clear them 😳

• Br
    Breanna McDowell Aug 21, 2018

AMAZING!!! Thank you soooo much!!! #foundaway. Great coffee!! Great service and GREAT PEOPLE!!

• Bt
    BTFOracists Sep 01, 2018

Check the photograph i have supplied for the self confession of a racist Starbucks drink spiker.
    Also confesses to putting dogshit into a white four year olds food.

• My
    Myranda Roster Sep 20, 2018

Wouldn't except a 100 dollar bill. Was the only money I had. Being a popular coffee shop, doesn't make sense why they wouldn't have change for a hundred. Waited in a long line to get get rejected by cashier.

• Hu
    Hussamjallad Oct 15, 2018

I am complainting about the people working there as they have advised my credit card is not working even though they had an issue at thier card service please do the needful as the staff is not respectful

• Bi
    Billy Self Oct 21, 2018

The menu board shows a price lower than the register. The venti white mocha on the board shows 5.25 but, the register rings up 5.45 this is consistent at all Starbucks at IAH airport. On my receipt 298828 Erica was my server. Date of service was aug 3, 2017 at 536am check number 8697 store location id is IAHSTA12. My email is [email protected]

• Gi
    ginetteB60 Oct 23, 2018

This is for the starbucks in Jackson Memorial hospital in Miami. I felt so belittled waiting for my coffee. Marcus and this other young lady with long red braids were on. they skipped me to serve other customers as if I was invisible. This is wrong. I ended up leaving without my coffee. Please maybe they need to be trained again.

• Skater_720 Oct 27, 2018

There are white flakes at the bottom in a sealed bottle. I contacted starbucks but they didnt ask for upc or product type. It was obvious they were not going to look into it. Ingredients are water and coffee so i thought it could be contaminated. Beware of buying their drinks if this is how they handle defective products. I have a picture attached

• La
    Lanaa Oct 28, 2018

Guys at starbucks calgary airport are just abrupt

• Ce
    Cecelia's Nov 05, 2018

I ordered the unicorn frappicino and when I came home I noticed there was a huge bug that was inside my drink on the top and it was moving

• Bw
    bwater Nov 15, 2018

She was very rude for no reason and I asked for the pastry to be heated and it wasn't. She was extremely unpleasant. You may want to have a mystery customer try her services to see for yourself.

• Re
    Reviewer46690 Nov 19, 2018

i went into shop at 630 and nobdoy was there...then 2 ladies came out from behind the swing door...i got coffee and sat down...one barista starts a clean up...wet floors every where...noise...i leave...walk around outside...too cold...

• Tc
    tcinardi Dec 09, 2018

I had a egg white spinach feta wrap in the morning around 8am from 1 penn plaza concourse level ny ny I immediately became ill weak and severely nauseated didn't eat all day after that horrible egg sandwich and finally vomited profusely at home at 4pm please look into this matter hopefully it was just I.

• Sq
    Square198 Jan 23, 2019

Some Starbucks have the music on too loud which drives people away. If that is the corporate intents so more seat are available, then I will continue to go to Peets or Brew HaHa. The choice of music is bad in general...

I also own 50, 000 shares of Starbucks stock, which I can dump if there is no action.

JoshHiro Feb 26, 2019

Al Shaya Discount ID has some technical issues when swiped. The manager of Aspire Park Starbucks didn't even try to do manual entry in the system. Its not our fault that system didnt work. They should have a workaround in this kind of issue and should give importance for their customers. date: 7 Feb @ 9:30PM. Inconsiderate manager

• Vc
    Vchggg Jun 01, 2019

i will no longer stop at Salinas, Starbucks on North Davis road. They do not allow customers access to the restroom. Can not imagine what the situation was that caused this but certainly there has got to be a better fix. Thank you for you attention to this matter
    Vicki Hotaling

Charles McLerran Jun 08, 2019

[email protected]

• Wa
    Wanda & Bill Jun 25, 2019

My wife and I don't care for your new open lids for ice latte drinks, especially when you are trying to travel, the liquid comes out on the lids. What happened to the lids that had a flap covering the opening. By the time I got home the liquid was all over my shirt and pants. Very poor new lid.

• Li
    Lian81 Jun 25, 2019

Hi .. this is the third time in 10 days that I visit Starbucks ( Queen Alia Airport / arrivals building ) branch and ask for mocha frappuccino and they say it's out of stock. That's the only drink I order and I don't understand how come all other branches in Amman have it but they don't.

• Me
    me rijnveld Sep 16, 2019

Sat sep 7 2019
    On the machines full with flies!
    Bad hygiëne!
    Gave me a bad taste

• Jb
    Jbouey Sep 21, 2019

I stopped going to Starbucks "completely". The rude behavior and sarcastic back talk was enough for me to say, "no more"! Forcing customers to wait, wait and wait was beyond reasonable. Anyone wanting dates, times and names, let me know.
    JT

• Ri
    RIck McPherran Oct 14, 2019

Manager said they keep it loud to pump up the employees It is so loud you cannot talk on a phone. The person that I was talking to,
    asked if I was in a Bar?

• Ri
    RickeyRacer Oct 20, 2019

I went up to ask about my latte and staff was quite rude. first they pretended I wasn't standing right in front of them. Then she was snotty when I asked about the status of my latte. This occurred beginning at 3:06 PM at the red Bluff antelope store.

James Bell Feb 29, 2020

Ivy, the GM, harasses customers based on religion. She won't let people who want to be Christian speak quietly among themselves. She's on the rampage. Starbucks should end her employment.

• Re
    Rebcraig Mar 01, 2020

Why must I buy coffee and have that damned over used political statement in my face when all I want to do is buy coffee???

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices