Starbucksfiring an employee!

C Review updated:

I live 10 miles away from the closest Starbucks. When I go to town (Galesburg, IL) to do my shopping I always treat myself to a Starbucks coffee before I go home. Not only do I enjoy the coffee, but I enjoy the cheerfulness and big smile from Debbie Armstrong. She always makes you leave with a smile even if you have had a bad day. The last several times I have went in for my coffee fix Debbie had not been there. I finally found out she had been fired, and for what, acrylic nails!! No warning and no write-up-just fired right on the spot.

• Sy
    Syper Lynn May 04, 2008

Although it IS against the rules for partners (employees) to have any sort of painted nails (much less acrylic) in case it contaminates the food or drinks, there is also supposed to be a fundamental belief that everyone is taught to embrace from their first training classes. It's called a Star Skill and one of which is to 'Maintain and Enhance Self-Esteem', so either Ms.Armstrong has been directly violating the rules over and over again, or the manager on duty is disagreeing with the company's morale, and should be penalized for it. Starbuck's employees are meant to look out for each other though. I don't understand how this could have happened without good reason.

• To
    TOTO Jul 27, 2008

THE STARBUCKS AT 1800 IRVING ST SAN FRANCISCO IS ALLOWING PEOPLE TO BRING THIER DOGS IN I DO NOT MEEN GUIDE DOGS BUT PETS AND THEY ARE ALLOWED TO STAY INSIDE HERE I AM ALLERGIC TO DOGS PLUS AINT IT AGAINST THE HEALTH CODE THIS IS ### AND IT NEEDS TO STOP

• john7777 Feb 26, 2009

hell ya that needs to stop

• H3
    H3H3 Sep 25, 2009

Just because you liked her doesn't mean she was a good partner. Odds are if she was fired over her nails they have been trying to get rid of her for other reasons. Get over it

• Um is not an answer! Mar 23, 2019

Well, yeah. I mean, Ralphie May's story about how he had to get this in the wall coffee machine in his home is spot on. The last time he was in his local Starbucks (although he never said the name of the establishment) his coffee was being made by this crusty young man with dreadlocks swinging dangerously close to his cup. He flipped out and they called the police on him. They come he explained, they give the barista a ticket for cleanliness ("dat nasty") and gave Ralphie a do not return order.