Speedy PC Pronot as advertised

D

We ordered and installed Speedy PC Pro online and had to call a sales number (India) to "activate" our product... the salesman went on our computer remotely and did a "free diagnostic"... he very quickly put in the activate code and "found" many issues... our computer repeatedly shut down for "fatal error".. Their "tech support" informed us we would need to subscribe to their $349 service to restore our Dell desktop computer to operating condition... We found that the Speedy PC has a "shutdown.exe" inherent in it's code and had considerable difficulty attempting to remove the suspect program... We were finally able to uninstall the product but received more sales tactics and many roadblocks trying to get a refund for the $29.97 original charge (through SafeCart).. We have had to refute the charge through American Express

• ParetoLogic's response · Dec 02, 2013

Hello

I am very sorry to hear of the recent difficulties that you have experienced. SpeedyPC Pro is dedicated to customer satisfaction and we would like to hear from you via our official support channels.

To contact our support site, please send an email to [email protected] and someone will get back to you promptly. If you would prefer, you are also able to give us a call on our toll free line of [protected] between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

We truly appreciate your business, and look forward to hearing back from you.

Kindest Regards
    Laura E.
    SpeedyPC Pro Liaison

Chuck Pavelka Jun 17, 2016

Their billing number is: [protected]. My son ordered Speedy PC PRO without my knowledge. He was unable to activate on line, so he asked me to call the activation line. You can believe I was on the phone within minutes calling the activation number. After ten minutes of trying to understand what this person, I demand to speak with someone who speaks English. After much ado and waiting on hold I finally got the billing number. I spoke with a man named Stephan and he assured me the wheels were in motion to cancel. A few minutes later I received an email confirming my cancelation. Hopefully I will see a refund to my Pal-Pal account soon. GOOD LUCK

• Wa
    Walter Swanson, D.V.M. Jul 13, 2015

I was having problems with very slow response to my commands. It took minutes for my browser to load and whenever I tried to get photos on the browser to load I would have to wait several minutes between photos to come up. In the meantime popups and other websites would cover over my website that I was on. That's when I started looking for a fix. I found a ConsumerGuides website which scored SpeedyPCPro the highest and stated that it would speed up and clean any registry problems on the computer. When I ran SpeedyPCPro it would find many issues in several of their problem categories.Whenever I ran McAfee Total Protection scan it told me there were no issues with the computer. Now I have more ads and websites interfering with my browser and I sometimes can't bring up my browser without restarting the computer. ConsumerGuides needs to be taken to the woodshed, or worse, for their erroneous and misleading advice.

• Bo
    Bob Hoffman Sep 17, 2014

I never authorized Speedy PC Software to make automatic renewal claims on my credit card, and they are mis-stating the price. The terms I signed up are 1 year for $19.95. I would never grant an automatic renewal on a service I had never tried and they are now doubling the price.
    I should have suspected this company had illegitimate business practices. Their sales person gave me the most pushy and desperate hard sell for a different service which costs hundreds of dollars. When I told the guy I would think it over and talk to my wife he urged me to go get her while he was on the phone. I declined since I was getting angry by that point. Then he asked me why I wasn't capable of making decisions myself. These people are jerks and I will tell the world about it if I have to for a refund. I'm not going to pay them twice for what was suppose to be a 1 year offer.

Bob Hoffman

• Ju
    justahippy63 Jul 13, 2014

I have not paid for it but can not uninstall program and it pops up ALL the time Can anyone tell me how to uninstall? It is not on my programs list but "Driver Restore" is and it will not let me uninstall it either. HELP I have no computer skills All I wanted to do was check out itunes. and I get this mess. Spent an hour on the phone My first question to the Indian fellow is Can you help me uninstall and he said yes after the hour I stopped him and said are you helping me uninstall and at that time I could tell I was no longer being recorded and he said I only sell hardware. Thats when I let him have it and he said I'm hanging up now Have a nice day which was the only sentence I under stood. Anyone that can help me please please.

• Da
    david moreton May 16, 2014

HI Folks,
    If you have a program which will not UNINSTALL - try REVO UNINSTALLER - it's free for home use, and is very powerful.
    Some sneaky '%^$£*'s' add hidden files to their downloads so you can't get rid of them - this program will do it - never failed me
    yet.!!
    Good luck - David

• Up
    UPYERSSPEEDY Dec 10, 2013

TOTAL SCAM !
    DOES NOT 'FIX' ANYTHING
    YOU CAN RUN IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND THE SAME THINGS IT SAID WERE 'FIXED' WERE NOT.
    IT DOES NOTHING MORE THAN CLEAR YOUR BROWSING HISTORY
    YOU CAN EASILY DO THAT YOURSELF

John Gallant Dec 09, 2013

I am a computer technician from Canada and I see this malicious program on my customer's computers almost every day. There are a large number of similar programs that do the same thing- scam you for your credit card number. Trust me people, if you think something is wrong with your PC then either take it to a tech shop, or verify that the online computer repair service is actually from North America. For example, my website address can be verified as being in Red Deer Alberta (reddeercomputers.ca - duh!), and my phone number can be verified as also being in Red Deer Alberta. If anyone phones me, they will notice that I do not have a European (East Indian) accent (a dead give-away that they are scammers most of the time.) I fix computers online all the time and my price is less than half what those scammers are asking for, and when I type in the credit card number I scan the receipt and email or fax it to the customer. I never attempt to up-sell my customers with any products, and in fact I leave the best free products on their PC so they can keep their own PC clean by themselves.

• Lg
    LGreen Dec 09, 2013

How do u get their notice off the computer, uninstalled it now every day I get a popup telling to order it????

• Je
    jerry shainock Dec 01, 2013

today I used speedyPCPro, what a scam!!!
    they advertise use their cleaning system and everything will be fine.
    once you pay for service and call number to actvate, you
    are advised you will need a deep scan for 159.00.
    don, t use them!!!

mariemac Nov 01, 2013

email for [email protected]

andy onyiah Sep 01, 2013

this speedy pc pro keeps disturbing my computer every day. i know it's a scam and would not have anything to do with them.please who knows their email address so that i can contact them to stop disturbing my peace. i have norton and mcaffe so i don' need them.. their email address please anyone. thanks.

Steph007ess Apr 30, 2013

So I called the number I got yesterday ( see post above ) which took me through to a very professional customer services line. The gentleman refunded me and I didn't have to argue - what a relief! It has already come through on Paypal. Some people reckon this product has helped them so if that's the case then they should take a different approach because they appear scammy which puts people off. Also, when you type in their name into well known pc websites like pc adviser than it doesn't come up. Glad it's over!

Steph007ess Apr 28, 2013

Oh My God! What a f*ck*ing nightmare!!! I ordered this CRAP after typing the name of a virus I had ('appround') into my browser. A web page promising Pc Pro will remove it instantly and clean up the registry etc. popped up. For the sake of £31.00 I thought it good value vs. doing it for free, but manually, which is time consuming.
    Humph! I installed their sh*t after having to phone their 0800 no. to activate the software.
    Warning bells rang when I allowed them to diagnose my pc and they pointed out a page full of red and amber conditions in the registry and that It would cost 200 dollars to get it sorted. I declined saying I had a Microsoft certified friend who could do it for me.
    Next thing my PC was really CRAP! Worse then ever! I rang them up and said so...they said it'll take a while and that, because I didn't have the much needed 200 dollar 'tune-up the software will only partially work! WTF! So on the basis that the website didn't deliver as promised ( an instant fix) and that it wasn't financially viable to spend said amount on pc I requested a refund. After exactly 25 minutes on the phone I got a refund no. - it's Sunday so they're closed but I'll call again tomorrow and will post it here. I then spent half my Sunday (grrrr) getting rid of original said virus ( thanks free avast boot-up scan), and all adware (thanks free advice about barring any add-ons you don't recognise in your browser and, last but not least, thanks to Revo uninstaller, got rid of programmes that I couldn't do via control panel and all the traces these unwanted programmes leave! In fact, if it weren't for Revo I don't think I would have got rid if pc pro too handy! Now my pc is running LIKE NEW !!! Even my kids are stunned as they play roblox which is demanding but now runs 'best ever mum!'.
    I will post back tomorrow about the refund.. whatever happens...If I don't get it I will make it my business to drag them through the mud as extensively as I can!
    'Til tomorrow,
    Steph

• Ha
    had enough of your chit Mar 27, 2013

omehow I got 'visualbee' on my computer that opens up as my browser. with that came only 1 companies ads on their page with the typical scam "is your computer running slow? I was fooled once years ago with the 'free check' scam and when you allow tghat 'free check' all and I do mean ALL of those ### plant adware, malware and worms in your computer to go along with what they planted before you saw their ads. All any of them do is screw up your computer and after you pay, all they do is remove the crap they planted BUT with a time bomb that goes off when the year you paid for expires so you need to pay again. It's extortion plain and simple.

Last year I was having problems with my PC again so I did screw up and tried 'My Clean PC' because it is an American company. I figured if they messed up my com[puter I'd go stomp the crap outta whoever I found at their office. Much to my suprize they were just as bad as the Russian free computer scan scams .
    They did exactly the same thing only worse because in their 'free scan they deleted all my icons from my computer screen that I keep there because they are things I am working on at that time and for ease of opening. They 'found' over 200 infections and tried to get me to pay $300 to remove them! sound familiar to the complaints here about Speedy PC Pro?

I did not buy their program and from that moment on my computer was under their control with shut downs, freeze ups and slower running
    I freaked out, called them up and told them I had their corporate address and if they did not delete their malware or whatever it was immediately, I'd go there and show them in person how upset I was. Considering my undertones and implied threats, teh beatch did just that and removed their crap fropm my computer so it ran just fine again.

now it started again with ads claiming to be a 'Microsoft Partner', but wityh no name of who they were. I clicked on the link to get their WWW. name and address shut it down before it connected and looked them up. I found what I am sure are fake consumer groups who raved about them, but was sure they were fake and that lead me to here where people are seriously complaining about Speedy PC Pro.

In my opinion they are a total scam brought into my PC by 'Visual Bee' who I have not been able to delete from my computer yet. The moral of this rant is NEVER NEVER NEVER allow anyone access to your computer for any 'free checks' because they are ALL scammers

• So
    Soooo Not Pleased Feb 25, 2013

They found over 2000 'critical' problems on my pc. After $30.00 My computer is even slower than before, crashing more often than ever and there seems to be no number I can call to get my 'guaranteed' refund. I cant believe I allowed myself to get sucked in like this.

Mac Mah Feb 17, 2013

I can't believe I fell for this scam! I checked several reviews on-line... one of them being "Consumer Guide" stating that SpeedyPc Pro wasn't a scam and they were rated the best one out of all of them. The other reviews stated that they weren't scammers either. So I purchased it. Well same thing with all the other reviews on here they had someone remote onto my computer and show me all this crap that needed to be removed so he was asking for money to remove it off. This guy was very persistant, but I didn't give in. It just didn't feel right. Now I'm having problems getting them to refund my money. My recommendation go the the store to buy a PC Cleaner item... this way you don't have to go through all the BS with trying to get a refund and you can talk to a sales associate in person.

• Le
    leeannef Feb 17, 2013

Thank you to everybody who has posted there troubles with speedypc cleaner.
    you all saved me from a me big head ache. I am going to take my computer to a local fix it man.

• Do
    Donna Shepard Feb 16, 2013

I purchased Speedy Computer tonight and as other people described, I had to have a support person activate the software. When he ran it, he tried to get me to someone else to clean up issues he said I had, for a cost of $250! This was in addition to the $39 I had already paid them. I said no and decided to have someone locally look at my computer. When he hung up, Facebook didn't work and my computer was running very slow. I did NOT have this problem before they installed this software! I called back to ask them to fix whatever they did to Facebook, and I was on hold over TWO hours before they answered. When they did, they told me it was due to the error messages I didn't want to correct! Support is in Inda, you can't understand them and I wouldn't recommend anyone use their service! I asked the guy to go back and do a system restore and he didn't even know how to do that! Or that is what he said. STAY AWAY!!!

• Xk
    xkevinx Feb 10, 2013

I just bought pcpro for £32 and the technician wanted an extra one off payment off £129 to fix the problems which i declined after a long and lengthy pushy sales technique i may add!! Now my pc is crashing more and running slower.
    Just look at the "great reviews" on their main page...notice how the 11 reviews are all from annonymous people, as for the people on here who think its great well i reckon they must work for the company. ITS A TOTAL SCAM DO NOT PURCHASE IT!! Just emailed Anne at watchdog, just hope she gets on there case.

• Na
    Nathan36 Jan 03, 2013

Don't buy anything from these people. Product doesn't do anything good for your computer, and they don't honor their money back guarantee.

• Da
    Davidkovak Dec 28, 2012

PC Pro does nothing whatsoever to help your computer, at least that you cannot manually do yourself. I am certain that this is a highly deceptive scam intended to eventually squeeze more cash from you. I purchased it with the intention of ridding myself of mystart incredibar, (something that is 'advertised'), which it does not do! The only answer to my dillema from Speedy was to remove it manually - duh! I will post again about trying to get my refund - I bet I could write the response right now.

• Wx
    wxiang9173 Nov 27, 2012

I have purchase this because my wireless connection was constantly disabled itself, I searched online for solutions, and someone said this software helped him. I purchased this software, got email that wants me to call for activation, I called, a guy remote diagnosed my PC, and said I have a lot of problem, wants me to buy a over $300 for tech services that will completely remove, asked me if my computer start up very slow, I told him no, my computer start up within 1 minute. Guess what, after I installed this software, my wireless connection even got worse, my computer is always not responding 5 minutes after I turn it on. I had to run my computer in safe mode, restored it for early period, and now my computer runs normal. I disable the bluetooth, my wireless connection is also fine now. I am going to ask them for a refund since I have just purchased this last week, they better give my money back to me.

• Bi
    Bigburger4 Nov 22, 2012

Iam very happy with PC Speedy Pro. They have ticked all the boxes on what they will do . Their daily scans bring up an average of 100 problems daily which it fixes AT NO EXTRA COST!. Im glad to have this software on my PC. Much better than Norton!"!!.

Starr G Oct 16, 2012

I am able to use Yahoo IM but I was and still unable to get to my search engine. Tried everything but kept getting Internet Explorer cannot open. So what I thought would work did. I clicked on the register icon for SpeedyPCpro and was able to get to Yahoo and other sites. So it is obvious that SpeedyPC is the one blocking my internet access. I will get in touch with the BBB about this situation. It seems as though they are interferring with my PC. Starr

• Pa
    parakeet 15 Oct 11, 2012

I purchased Speedy Pro an called their tech support to activate the program they did the same thing to me they went into my pc an found all the problems they also told me I had to let them make repairs or take it to a service center but I was able to activate it my with the code they put on the screen I already had Pareto Logic Health adviser which is about to run out but my pc was running slow the program wasn't doing it's job Speedy Pro cleaned by pc an it ran faster as far as getting a refund from Safe Cart I had purchased 2 wrong programs so I requested a refund there wasn't a problem getting a refund it showed up on my credit card account in 3 days Have A Great Day from Chuck in Pa.

• Si
    sid weiss Sep 26, 2012

i got it and it accomplished nothing and fixed nothing. do not waste your money

• Ti
    Tinq Sep 22, 2012

Total Scam - its the initial disconnection that begins the process. Charges are supposedly taken off for the SpeedyPC Pro and/or credit provided toward a subscription. Once told that two laptops could be taken care of on a one time subscription doing the least problem first, was switched to a technical person at Advanced Tech Support, who did all the work remotely. Upon calling back the next day as advised, guess what, no two PC support. Total amnesia with up-pricing enforce. Bottom line the "partnered" Microsoft companies are fast talkers aimed at production on sales. Your best interest is not in mind. DO NOT USE AT ANY COST!!! Also, note other search findings that say SpeedyPC Pro Scam that are actually sales for the companies seven products.

• Br
    brokenarrow709 Sep 04, 2012

Marvin Pullman
    Alternative Resources LLC
    Elma, Iowa 50628
    [protected] home
    [protected] office

My computer took a crap, lost most of the icons, program still there, just cannot bring it up. Can you help fix it.

Thank you, I think the dam program works great.

Some people are going to complain no matter what

• Mo
    MorganX Aug 27, 2012

My wife & I had no problems with buying SpeedyPC Pro.. No one bothered us for any extra money, and best of all, it fixed the issue I was having.. Error 0xc0000005 would not let us open Secondlife! I spent hours with other programs on my Alienwear laptop, even a virus protector & system mechanic program bought from Dell and that didnt fix it. SpeedyPC Pro did!!
    Check out the review link below, I did..

Steve Busch Aug 13, 2012

I agree completely with these comments. I had a very similar experience with Speedy PC Pro and I am thankful that I am just out $39.94. I almost bought their service plan for$230.00 Everyone, avoid this company like the plague.

• Be
    belle69 Aug 09, 2012

Had the unfortunate experience of their "free" down load and endless minutes wasted while some India guy told me how wonderful my computer was going to run AFTER I paid them $250 (I've already paid them the intial $35 via Pay Pal). I insisted I would NOT pay that and after going around and around with this guy - who offered me a discounted rate of $199. I finally ended the call. Now it appears I have to fight with them to get my $35 refunded because this is nothing but a scam. I was furious to learn without prior intormation they had "signed me up" for a yearly deduction for maintenance. What a bunch of BS. Bandits like these should be shot, just like in the old days. I'm sick of everyone's hand in my pocket. The more people I interact with, the more I like my dog.

• Re
    rembrandt13 Jul 07, 2012

I failed to mention that they had installed their program into my computer, although I had not downloaded it. I went to my Control Panel and "uninstalled" it . I was amazed at the size of the thing. I wish we could wipe out these ###.

• Re
    rembrandt13 Jul 07, 2012

I was foolish enough to order this thing before checking these reviews. I did it not thirty minutes ago. I got their "receipt", and it said that by purchasing the program I had given them permission to charge my credit card account every month. I immediately called Capital One, and they contacted SpeedyPC while I was on the line. They told SpeedyPC what the situation was, and then turned it over to me while they stayed on the line. I demanded that SpeedyPC refund the $9.97, and that they never charge me for anything again. I also made sure they new that Capital One was listening. They were very quick to agree, and assured me that they would comply immediately. Capital One then assured me that no further charges would be my liability since I had brought it to their attention. I was very favorably impressed with the service I got from Capital One. I hope other people read these reviews before getting sucked into these swindlers schemes.

• Mi
    Mike51 Jul 05, 2012

Thanks everybody - all your comments helped me NOT to buy this worthless product. By the way while I was running the "test" I was reading the negative comments, then when I stopped the check and went to uninstall I was told I can get the program for FREE ! When I seen that then I really knew this software is a total scam. New Buyer beware.

• Jm
    J MA Jun 20, 2012

MAD HELL, TOO! IT HAS TO STOP. THE SCAMMERS NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. I HAVE HAD TO CHANGE BANK ACCOUNT NUMBERS, WAIT FOR REFUNDS AND IN TODAYS ECONOMY THERE IS JUST NO NEED FOR THIS SCAMMING CRAP. MAD AS HECK ABOUT THIS...

MadPayPalAllowsThisToHappen Jun 02, 2012

For one we need to come up with a way to CHARGE THEM for the pain and suffering they cause. Not to mention the time of ours they waste. If this is a scam and the customer DOES NOT RECIEVE ANYTHING then it is ILLEGAL is it not?? So then how the hell do they get Pay Pal to not go nuts on them? Who's paying who off, and WHY? I am not stating this as a fact people...Just food for thought. Is there more going on behind the scenes (back scratching each other) that we are totally unaware of? This could result in similar issues of a different technology. If we don't team up and put a stop to it, they WILL continue jerking their gerkin (mini pickle), while we are stuck with the mess!! IT MUST BE STOPPED!!

• La
    Larry Schmitt Apr 21, 2012

I just connected a brand new computer this morning, and was trying to open the backed up files from the old computer. The files have a .tib extension, so I searched for a solution, and this program was listed. I didn't notice it was under sponsored results, so I downloaded it, and ran the scan. On this BRAND NEW computer, it found hundreds of "errors." This sounded like other scams I have heard and seen on tv and radio, and they work the same way, identify dozens of "errors" and convince you to pay hundreds of dollars to "fix" them, when they probably don't exist in the first place. So I closed the program, and I will delete it immediately.

• Cr
    crazzy1 Mar 26, 2012

3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim. 3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - Buyer: no response at all. 3/6/2012 08:26 CST - Buyer: Talked to this person @ PC Pro @ this time > 8:09 AM Remote Control by Chaman Luthra stopped. All he basically said was my computer had lots of errors & he wanted to transfer me to a Windows Tech. after paying 249.99 via PayPal. The transfer did not happen. He kept tring to sell me services to clean my computers. I repeatly ask for my money to be refunded, he repeatly just kept tring to sell and he finally said he would have his billing department contact me, which did not happen. I tried to communicate with him via remote and he would not answer.

• Cr
    crazzy1 Mar 26, 2012

Ripped off from Speedy PC Pro over the phone $249.99 + 39.94

3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
    3/13/2012 19:56 CDT - Buyer: no response at all.
    3/6/2012 08:11 CST - Buyer: Enter message6:45 AM Checking configuration... 6:45 AM Connecting... 6:45 AM Connected. A support representative will be with you shortly. 6:45 AM Support session established with Chaman Luthra. 6:45 AM You have granted full permission to Chaman Luthra. To revoke, click the red X on the toolbar or press Pause/Break on the keyboard. 6:45 AM Remote Control started by Chaman Luthra. 8:09 AM Chaman Luthra has ended the session. 8:09 AM Remote Control by Chaman Luthra stopped. this is some of the remote conversation, Thank you.
    3/6/2012 08:08 CST - Buyer: I dont want this item as I stated to the operator over and over I need my money refunded (249.99). There was no physical item sent or in my person. This was a over the internet deal & no service or product was obtain be me. Thank you.
    This is part of the actual conversation PayPal denied my clain because it was VIRTUAL
    TOTAL RIP OFF

• Mi
    mindy77 Feb 22, 2012

did they steal anyones bank info?