Simmons MattressesA mattress should not sink 2& in 3 months

We bought the Black series (king size), supposedly Top of the Line for $2500. After less than 3 months, there were two troughs in the mattress. Simmons states that up to a 2" dip (with no one on the mattress) is acceptable. It cannot be slept on with that much of a dip. We are not sleeping at all, wake up achy all over. My wife and I are both in good shape and definitely not overweight. We wrote letters to Simmons but got no where with it. I want to throw it to the curb!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Ed
    eddie gonzalez Dec 14, 2013

i brought a simmons mattress and after 3 month it sank. i have the same problem if you move to the center of the mattress you sly right back to the trench. simmons replaced the mattress after they told me that i have to buy new box springs or they would not replace the mattress. i still have the same problem with the replacement mattress, it also have a trench in it. please add me to your class action suit.

• Sj
    sjsbs Jun 27, 2011

Our situation is the same as all of the above - 2 months in and the mattress looks like our old mattress after 16 YEARS. If you try to sleep toward the middle or side you just roll back to the trench.

maria louise hill Nov 13, 2010

I have just had a new matress and base, and it sank after two nights.what should i do? Should a bed sink after this long?

Machiachi Sep 01, 2010

We are in!! Our story is basically similar... sank 5" in less than 6 months and then strung us along for over 2 months to only tell us they declined our claim due to a stain. Seriously!?!? What were they planning on doing... reselling it? How does a stain have anything to do with the sink-hole? $2500, top of line -- and we havent had a good night's sleep in over a year! I'm fed up...

Joelj Feb 20, 2009

Add us to the lawsuit list. Bought a Simmons Largent Pillow Top Queen Set 13 months ago and I swear within 6 weeks I was sleeping in a trench. We went back to the retailer but they were quick to say that they can do nothing after 30 days and gave us a toll free number to call. I'm at the point of calling but thought I'd check the web for some consumer complaint info and am appalled at the number of complaints and the total lack of concern or action taken by Simmons. If anyone has any success getting them to honor this as a warranty item, please post it here and e-mail me at [email protected]!

• Be
    BEAUTYREST Feb 12, 2009

I bought my mattress about 3 years ago and 5-6 months after it sank 2 1/2 inches, they came to inspect the mattress and never contacted me i had to contact them and i was told the warranty is void due to a small stain. i just don't understand what a stain has to do with this $1500 mattress not being comfortable and that's what people but mattresses for (comfort). Besides when it was delivered i was told the warranty will be void if the framming was incorrect. COUNT ME IN ON THE LAWSUIT!! LETS GET THOSE ###S...

• Da
    david solomon Nov 07, 2008

I TOTALLY agree. $2500 for a mattress. My story is just like yours. Add me on to the class action list. I think the dealer is involved in this fraud. We have a second home and live far away. The retail store, Fendon's Furniture in Bishop said they would go and be there when the inspector came. The inspector called the store and told the dealer not to come for the inspection. It was only after we were denied that the store owner told us that they didn't want her there.

Here's the problem...

YOU CAN'T USE A VISUAL TEST TO DETERMINE A STRUCTURAL DEFECT. IT'S INSIDE THE MATTRESS. That's the problem. The test is wrong. No where on the warranty card do they state how the test will be done.

Count me in on the lawsuit. ###!!!

• Ca
    carol Jul 10, 2008

Absolutely agree! I am so angry with Simmons. They strung us along and now we have to go buy a new bed. Simmons did not stand behind their 10 yr warranty. I don't think they should be able to say they have one, if they never honor it. I would be more than happy to join the class action.

• Am
    amy Jul 10, 2008

mine started to sink less than 2 months after i purchased it. not only am i a petite female - 5'2...but i travel frequently for work. i didn't even sleep on that mattress for all of those nights! i've had them inspect it twice...the dent is clearly worse even though i have been sleeping on the edge of the bed!
    please include me in the class action...this is so unfair!

mary Jul 09, 2008

we too, 2500.00 in may of 2007, within 10 months, we sank down. simmons says our warranty is void because our frame was not set up correctly. We did not set it up, the furniture store did.
    They want to replace our mattress with the new brand they sell, which is great, but it is a family owned business, and why should they have to loose the money.
    I want to start a class action lawsuit, and am going to look into it. This is not fair, and we all paid alot of money.