Shoprite Checkersjungle oats

S Jan 10, 2020

Hi,
I purchased 1 kg Jungle oats whilst on holiday in Durban on the 23/12/2019.
On the 24/12 whilst preparing the oats we discovered maggots whilst cooking.
I closed the box and went back to Checkers and complained on the 26/12 together with the till slip and i was pushed from pillar to post and resolved after 40 minutes.
They replaced the box with the expiry date 04/2020.
We returned home without cooking the jungle oats and we was preparing this yesterday and this was the same as the previous box.
Please note that if you do not have the necessary tools in place you would not pick up this untoward product and you could even eat the cooked product,
Please see below the vert same complaint from another client.

Shoprite — jungle oats
M Michelle Craddock Nov 17, 2019

This is the second time I have purchased Jungle Oats and I have needed to return it to the shop.
Today I opened the box and it is full of maggots and flies.
I'm returning it to Shoprite in Newlands but need Tiger Brands to take responsibility for these goods as well. This is a health Hazzard and totally unacceptable. .
The process of replacement that these shops have do not deal with the issue of products being produced that do not meet health standards. This is a clear indication that there is a lack of quality control when it comes to mass production. Not many people are by the means of logging complaints so how many other customers have received goods in a state like this.
I need answers.