Shoprite Supermarkets / Wakefern Corporationonline gift card purchase - not worth the trouble!

W

I purchased a shoprite gift card on dec 19 2006 at 11am in the amount of $25.00 from the shoprite website. It stated on the website that if you ordered by end of dec 19, I would receive it for christmas 2006. It is jan 22 2007 and we still have not received this item. I contacted via email shoprite on dec 27 2006 indicating that we hadnt received it. I never received an email. On dec 30 I called shoprite via the 1-800 # and spoke to I a woman named carol who stated " there was an error in the ordering and the shipping information was missing, I was working alone that day and didnt have the time on account she was swamped with 80 orders that I had to process myself to go email you back to get the correct information, so she let it go. I asked why the computer accepted and processed my credit card. Carol stated the computer isnt programmed to pick up on errors of that nature. I asked her to cancel that gift card out and sent me out a replacement card. She stated she wouldn't do that and she will wait until the original card was returned to shoprite and then and only then would she reissue a new gift card. I verified my information with her and she said she would send it when it comes back. I felt this was ridiculous, sometimes it takes months for items to be returned back the sender, why couldn't she just cancel that card in light of the inconvenience I was subjected to and send out a new gift card, this was a christmas gift. Carol called me on jan 5 2007, saying that she will cancel out the gift card and send out a replacement card asap.

It is now jan 22 2007 and still no card. Im very unhappy with the customer service I have been provided with your company. I have been a regular shopper with shoprite for over 10yrs. I felt this woman was very unprofessional and has done a disservice of representing shoprite and wakefern, especially when she stated she was too busy to check the information because she was overloaded with 80 orders. Being the large corporation that shoprite is, more staff should have been available to meet the demands of the gift card orders during the holiday season, and not to provide a very unprofessional excuse that she was too busy. The website stated if you order by dec 19 2006, you would receive it by dec 25 2006. The gift card was only being mailed to long island ny. I understand it is a busy time but I never received 1 email explaining the problem or offering at least an apology.

Today I received an email that they would send out the gift card out again and I would receive it within 2 days. I feel after all the aggravation shoprite and wakefern has put me through, they should at the very least double the gift card amount.

A warning to anyone looking to purchase gift cards on www.Shoprite. com, do not worth the trouble

I will update my complaint if they actually follow through with what they said for the 3rd time and send out the item I purchased over a month ago...

www.Shoprite. com
Wakefern. com

• Updated by Thapelo lindokuhle · Aug 11, 2019

Misleading public By displaying low price while charging more

• Updated by phila mthethwa · Nov 25, 2019

price not scanning as per on the advert

Josephine Kovacs Mar 04, 2007

After being a customer for ten years in the same town, Today after I did my food shopping, I went back into shoprite to the pharmacy department to pick up some asthma medication for my husband.

I originally had a price club card. One with my mom. Her card was on me, which is the one I always use. My husband uses my price card.

I went to pay by check in the amount of fourteen dollars at their pharmacy, after spending all my cash on my groceries. they had no record of me whatsoever on the card or in their system. As My Mom has been deceased for over two years, we redid an application even though I have through all the years used both my checking accounts. The one with my Mom and the one with my husband. They then me sent me back over to the pharmacy. Now my new price card did not come through, their system was down. After a half hour with my groceries in the car there was NO Manager that could sign for my clearance of a fourteen dollar check for over the counter medication. ID given, new application and all and I left that store without my final purchase. I went to the bank and then went to another pharmacy. Their Managers and customer service was the absolute worst I have ever seen. Nice way to treat a ten year customer.

• Mk
    mkultra70 Feb 16, 2012

I have been havong MAJOR ISSUES WITH Inserra Shoprite as well. I` disabled and have been using their online shopping service. The issues I`ve had are too long to list in a simple reply to your comment but needless to say if I don`t get satisfactory resolution (and I doubt I will) I will posting my own complaint on this board. I`ve been dealing with Maryann Donahue as well and the general attitude of Inserra in general toward their customers is VERY BAD. So I`ve been there with Inserra and very likely they will be losing my $500 a month buisness as well.

• Si
    Simphiwe Paris Sep 16, 2016

The service here its very very poor, you will cue on a line for 2 hours while you have ten people in front of you. They are very slow and also rude, am a university student of venda, I come here each n every months but nothing changes

Thapelo Ramokoka Aug 20, 2018

I went to shoprite at soshanguve plaza where by the power play display price was R13.99 but when it was punched on the system was R19.99 the cashier was very helpful for to get it by the price I saw but the supervisor and sales manager were very rude choose wisely when it comes to management very poor customer

• Mm
    Mmusobatlang Aug 20, 2018

I will like to place complain about 7pc cookware set I bought from shoprite Savoy in December 2017. I followed all instructions how I should use it but it got rusty more and more.

• Nt
    Ntura Aug 28, 2018

I was very disappointed to be turned back at the counter for bread that does not have a price on it and especially for the fact that I have to go back and look for the barcode myself...I really thing the floor manager or stuff is not doing their jobs and its disrespectful and inconvenience for us...need to fix this asap

janeschka Sep 03, 2018

I spent 700 and got one card the manager in game city Durban branch said she didn't advertise the give what till says she was very rucom please resolve thisI am unemployed but support checkers every month gorbetterprices but don't think false advertising will be good. My cell 0724873580 [email protected]

• Ve
    VeeJay1 Sep 05, 2018

16.10.2017 i payed with my absa cheque card, payment reflects on my statement but shoprite sterkspruit insists that the payment didnot go though. 0764670231. i need back my money ASAP. i logged a call before but i have not been assisted yet.
    Old ref number: 18549
    Yolanda Busakwe

• Pe
    Petro66 Oct 21, 2018

Its leaking all the gel out and this is burning my baby very bad

malefu Oct 31, 2018

So i went to buy Hake fillet at shoprite ellof, in jhb only to get very dissapointed at the tills to be informed that the hake isnt the R62 thats on the fridge but its R102, the manager didnt seem bothered about it.

• Se
    Senzo Tshabalala Nov 01, 2018

I was embrassed by a shoprite manager at Nodafaya the problem is that I wanted to buy two tickets and the cashier said that I could only buy one ticket and when I fetched the manager the other cashier said I swearded at her and that was all a lair and the manager never asked questions he started insulting me

Thatty Nov 11, 2018

In January I bought groceries at jabulani mall I noticed I was given short change while at store I told management they told me they will invitigate am still waiting for manager.

• He
    Heathersbb Nov 14, 2018

Hawkers on pavement outside Shoprite makes trying to get into the shop very difficult as one has to try and get past the hawkers as well as careful where one walks on the dirty pavement.

mancelle Nov 14, 2018

I was treated bad by shoprite valhalla the staff and manager i was left to stand around and the manager did not come back to me just left me there to wait she also had a racist attatude to me.i dont think she should get away with that!

• Si
    Simphiwe Paris Nov 14, 2018

thysbothma Sep 21, 2019

I bought a couple of steaks went home and froze them and when i defrosted one at Friday and wanted to cook it on Saturday it was smelly and it was green on the side because of the smell i threw it in the dustbin and i was very disappointed at the quality my phone number is 0763341335 thys bothma

• Ke
    KeenanTS Sep 24, 2019

The cashier didn't pack an item and I came back to resolve it instead Annelize Roman the person who helped me kept stalling and doing other stuff

Thabomoh Sep 28, 2019

Manager in charge at 18h14 gave me bad attitude didn't want me to pay 1 iteam at kiosk 0814749893 please contact me

• Ba
    BadBacon Oct 10, 2019

We got a pound of Deluxe Quality Sliced Bacon and have just attempted to pull it apart to cook. Whomever sliced it, however, butchered the bacon. There was no way to pull it apart except in chunks and strings of fat. This is such a disappointment, especially since we buy it all the time. But now we won't. Now we will just buy Costco Kikland bacon.

• As
    asdf gasdf Nov 09, 2019

Rally's location keeps closing hours before scheduled closing times.
    There are employees available and capable but an automated message will play saying currently closed, despite not being scheduled to close for hours.

• Nj
    Njabs Nov 13, 2019

I bought a calculator today around 1 o'clock in King Williams Town Shoprite Store and later found out that it is not the relevant one, I have already opened it. I went there around about 6 to return it the Admin Manager refused to help saying it's not in the right form of packaging.

• Ph
    phila mthethwa Dec 02, 2019

biscuits on special in checkers horizon view is not scanning as per on the advert
    2x 1kg cape cookies should be R100 but i paid R89.99 for each