Complaints & Reviews

With such bad service I dont think I would want to go there agai

After standing in the bakery queue for a few minutes and finally being the last one left, the girl behind the counter just decides to leave for her 'lunch break' and refuses to help me. Then another employee notices and tells her to attend to me as I am the only one left. The girl refused, and the two got into a long unprofessional arguement. The girl then helped me with such attitude, practically throwing my rolls at me.

Then upon paying for the goods the lady behind the till (who I could not hear saying 'Next'), gives me SUCH attitude and poor service that I almost left the goods and left. If looks could kill I would be dead by now!!!

The customer service is a disgrace, they are extremely slow, unprofessional and rude! I am appalled by what happened on Saturday, such attitude is uncalled for and definately not professional in any business. I suggest the manager in charge of the branch gives his employees some guidelines on how to work with customers and change their attitude towards clients.

I do my shopping at Checkers numerous times in the week as its just around the corner from my house, but with such bad service I dont think I would want to go there again!!!

• Mi
    Miggy Nov 11, 2018

So disgusted, was at shoprite arcadia in pretoria yesterday, whilst picking rolls I find a cochroach running around in the basket, disgusting is a under statement, how do we eat rolls that are accompanied with roaches, you guys really need to get your act together, we are human beings we cant eat roach poo.

• Li
    Lindsay Boonzaaier Nov 12, 2018

I was at shoprite strand and was assisted by the cashier Natasha. The service she gave me was absolutely horrible using know why they are still working with customers. Her behavior is totally unacceptable she doesn't greet or ask for a bag who dies she thinks I am she is not doing me a favor but I'm doing her a favor by paying her salary.

Shello Mace Nov 12, 2018

On the 21th December 2016 I brought two 1.5L of Clover Krush Orange Juice at Shoprite in Florida. The juice is passed the expiry date of the 16th December 2016. This is totally unacceptable and unhealthy.

manager with bad attitude

On sunday the 16 of august I went to buy a tooth brush for r16.75, so by seeing that it was that price I took it to the teller to pay. The cashier scanned and told me it was r31.99 therefore I asked to see a manager as the price is not what I saw. Norman bergman was busy with his cell phone playing games and didn't even look at my face as a client. He told me I was stupid as I didn't read what was written on the description. I felt embarassed in front of other people in the shop that I ended paying that r31.99. So I advise other customers to boycott shoprite checkers in yeoville. Please don't buy there as the manager doesn't have respect to customers.

shoprite85 Jul 30, 2013

im a employee at shop rite 85 and our manger brenda lewis dont know how to talk to her employee she tells everybody else the problem before she come to that source that she have i problem with as of a manger i think what every her and one employer discuss should be there business and not the whole store business she have favorite people she have like her husband works at shop rite 85 toand brenda lewis who is the manger makes the schedule have him comming in from 5to1 and half the time done come in until 7 r8 am and as a employee i dont think thats right because if one of us is late we have to here about it but he dont she really not manger material she been theree a yaer and she still dont know everything she always asking her cashier how to do something something need to b done

shoprite85 Jul 30, 2013

plus she gets mad when and employer calls in and she have to come in then thats when she really gets mad at all the employers they get so drunk on the weekends her and rick where shse dont wanna b there brenda really need to step it up

workers

Today my friend went to the pizza restuarant next to the rt9 shoprite. After he went into the store for something to drink. After entering the store he was aproached by a worker (Benny) and was told to " leave because I cant deal with your ### today. " my friend without a fight left not knowing what he was talking about. Then we met up and he told me the story. Later we went back because I wanted candy and he wanted a iced tea. We walked around not being loud or horseplaying then we got what we wanted and got on line, the worker saw my friend and snatched the iced tea from him and told him to get out. He again left but told my other friend we were with to get him the drink. The worker refused to give my friend the drink back. My friend then walked and got another iced tea and brought it to the register he told him to get out or he's callin the cops. So my friend gave the drink to me and told me to get him the drink and the worker (Benny) , knowing that it was for my friend, told me I could not purchase the drink. I said " who are you to tell me I cant buy this drink " and he stood infront of the lane saying "wait for the cops to come and ask him if you can get the drink. " me, not wanting to wait a half hour for a police officer to come, gave him the drink and bought my candy. He had no problem with me buying my candy but since he knew the drink was for my friend he wouldn't let me buy it. I think it is not right to do that because there was no reason to throw my friend out, then not let me buy something for him. I honestly think he is racist or something because i'm white and he let me get my candy but since my friends were spanish and black they couldn't purchase a item that is b. S.

• Ho
    Hosea Kingsley Sep 01, 2010

You should have asked for the store manager or owner if you felt any racism was involved, and if they threatened to call the police you should have allowed them too... unless you or your friend had done something wrong. I've talked to others in the Old Bridge area who refuse to shop at that ShopRite because of racist claims, wrongful termination, and name calling & personal attacks from workers. I've shopped there for many many years and refuse to ever go back to that store again due to certain nightcrew workers.

poor customer service

On April 2, 2010, Approx. 8:15 am, I went into the store to purchase a few items. After I had been in the...

rude

On february 8, 2010 at 630pm. I went to shoprite to pick up a few things and decided to check out the reduced...

refuse to exchange

I purchased pc bounty towels from shop rite store #573 phone number [protected] rt 1 old post road edison nj 08817 on 7/31/09 showing receipt timing 5.12pm bearing number [protected]
I paid the whole amount in cash. After few days I went to exchange the item because I need some wrapped bounty towel. The manager refused to exchange it.

wrongful termination

— I worked for a large supermarket not names right now I am a butcher and was working on a sat night by my...

being made fun of

Recently while stopping in at ShopRite in Old Bridge NJ one evening after work I was verbally attacked in...

for all u parents

Shopping with my 5yr old... Short and to the point.. Any parent knows how it can be shopping with a a child that doesnt want to be there, or wants a toy or anything and wont stop..
I was one of those parents... Paying the cashier and not realizing I forgot a small item I had place at the top of my bag.. I shouldnt have done that tobegin with,, but my bag was open and overflowing, I wouldnt forget it it right? Not if I through other things on top and it got pushed around in my suitcase..
Security guard grabbed my wagon on the way out.. Took my picture in his tiny room with my daughter on my lap.. Sign a paper or have a lawyer.. I explained this was a compete accident and would pay for the item.. But in there eyes (Rent a cop) once u leave the cashier... U are now a thief, a hard criminal! At least that is how I was made to feel...
If they left the police out of it and signed a form of which I dont even recall what ist was, because I was so distraught.. I would not have a record!!! So I signed this paper and he says there is one more... Now I must pay a fee of$75.00!!
I was so humiliated!! I had to sort of explain to my daughter why we were in there after about nine times from her why she wasnt getting the toy from the machine!
After thinking this over I called and asked for a copy of the document..
"it is confidential" the evening security boy refused to give me his name.. He was accusing me of being a liar like everyone else..
When asked if he was a parent.. He said"I know how kids can be"... He did not have kids nor does he understand... Because he is merely a child himself,,
I hope he is blessed with many children worse then mine!
I will no longer be shopping there, but I was so gracefully told that I am still allowed there... I was given permission by the 19yr old security boys...
Besides the embarassment.. I am afraid taht they are really just looking for anyone to do this to... The more "busts" the more bonuses for them is what I understand.

rude and disrepected

I went to buy some food for my apartment. This Shoprite accepts the local university fincinal aid dollars a...

New Paltz Food

customer service

I went to Shop Rite in Old Bridge on Rt 9 North by the Ferry Roud. I wanted to get some cheese and ham for my...

the whole ordeal turned out to be a nightmare instead

I just started going to the Metro Plaza ShopRite at Jersey City(07302) and I have to say the experience has been horrible.

Each time I use coupons the cashiers become so rude and have also had the manager showing faces or throwing remarks about it. Instead of politely mentioning if they won't accept a certain coupon they pass snide and sarcastic remarks as if it's a crime to have coupons!

This kind of passing remarks and rude attitude is a complete customer harassment and discrimination, something that I haven't seen anywhere else.

Today, I picked up a Stainless Steel Cleaner and had a coupon with me. The manager literally threw the coupon back saying they won't take it. It was so embarrassing.They made it seem as if I had just done a crime! What kind of a stores is the Shoprite brand running and I wonder what are there policies on customer service? I refused to take the product and left. The manager was still huffing over it. The coupon which I had shown was a valid coupon from the manufacturer's website. The whole ordeal turned out to be a nightmare instead.

This is the last time I am ever going there again.

• Mb
    Mbali Mncwango May 07, 2015

I would like to complain about shoprite poor services they have always had a reputation of bad services but the time it has gone bad, a supervisor of shoprite physically attacking one of the shoprites customers that was indeed the worst experience I have ever had, yesterday my sister and I went to shoprite to purchase some goods and when asking her to help us out she completely refused as if we where forcing her to do her job, this is shoprite Dube by the way the worst shoprite ever the name of the supervisor was Mpho did not get her surname. I need the matter to be attended to as soon as possible and I want urgent feedback on whats going to happen to her. Thanks

ripped off

I was buying some grocery's at the Shoprite of Northvale. My total for my grocery's was $28.18. I...

accomodating the handicapped

I have been a regular shopper at the shoprite in carmel, ny since 1983, when it opened its doors to the public. A year ago, I became handicapped. I cannot use a regular shopping cart, therefore I rely on a motorized cart. There are two of them in the whole store and do not run properly. Also, it is very difficult to maneuver out of where the 2 carts are kept. I've complained to one of the managers on 2 or 3 occasions, with no result. I've called the 800# twice, no one has returned my calls. Since I am in lots of pain today because of shopping yesterday with a regular cart, i've decided to try contacting someone in customer service by email. I am angry because of the pain i'm in and the inconvenience the store has caused me. I am tired of being courteous, as it seems to me, my case is not being taken into consideration. I could shop at another supermarket but prior to recently, i've preferred to patronize shoprite in carmel, new york. I hope someone will get back to me and resolve my complaint.

Sincerely,

Edna puggioni

online gift card purchase - not worth the trouble!

I purchased a shoprite gift card on dec 19 2006 at 11am in the amount of $25.00 from the shoprite website. It...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices