Shopgoodwill.comauction item broken in mail

H

I won an auction on shopgoodwill.com for a wood carving. When I received the item, it was not properly packaged and had broken. I could glue it but the break will still be visible and I didn’t bid on a broken item. I have sent emails 3 times and had no response. It has now been 7 days since I received the item and sent the first email. It says they will respond in 24 hours. I want my money back! I told them I want to return it and want all money back and I cannot get any kind of response from them.

This was only my second auction that I won from them and I won’t bother anymore. The first auction was a “lot” of items and the item I really wanted was broken when it arrived, but it was broken before they shipped it. They only took a picture from one side of it and didn’t say anything about it not being whole. I emailed that seller and they refunded part of my money. I figured it was a fluke so I bid again (months later) on this carving. No more. Shopgoodwill.com is a rip-off.

RESOLVED

• Updated by Roxanne Sarno · Nov 27, 2018

the shipping charges make it almost impossible to order from you. I think you are taking advantage of your customers shame on you

• Mt
    mtb109 Sep 15, 2019

I had an incident with a customer who treated me, i was told never to enter any of the stores by Ron Scanlon, [protected], I'm going to the local media on this one, I'm a disables person, dyalisis., on the liver transplant list., He did not want to hear my side of the story, and the other person still shops there.

sandi perry schempp Feb 11, 2019

I won this surger on auction from here and after downloaded the manual and threading it properly it still does not work. What are my options? We have tried several times with no results.

order # [protected].
    Item # [protected] - Pfaff Hobbylock HL-603A Serger Sewing Machine

sandi schempp
    6233 Lowery st
    Bushnell, fl
    [protected]

• Mi
    Michelle Braun Jones Jan 05, 2019

Hi can you please clear my account. It shows that I have more than 3 items unpaid and I only have one.

Thanks,
    Michelle Jones (braunskie)

Mary Shade Jan 13, 2019

@Michelle Braun Jones I have requested my USER ID over months ago so I can bid on items. You continue to send me my PASSWORD. I do not want my password. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. This is ridiculous. Mary Shade, [email protected] If you want people to patronize you, you should have the common courtesy to answer the customers request..

• Ro
    Roxanne Sarno Dec 11, 2018

I am very discouraged on the amount you are charging for shipping items. I do not think I will be buying anything else. I think you are taking advantage of your customers shame on you. I think my complaint is clear the freight charges are outrages. I love love Goodwill and go to a lot of the stores in my area.

• Ti
    Tim Nordella Oct 29, 2018

I have bought over 50 items from Goodwill and over 50% have arrived poorly packed, and damaged even after they said it is NOT damaged and blame it on FedeX. An aladdin oil lamp I was buying for gift said unbroken, but came with 2 cracks on top bowl with old dirt in them. They blame it on FedeX.

I suppose they will stop me from bidding now. I have some friends at the FBI that will be looking into there practices...

• Db
    Dba85! Oct 06, 2018

I bought a Boxer robot and before bidding, I messaged shopgoodwill's custoner service and asked if the robot worked. They claimed that it was tested and did work. I finally received the robot and it didn't turn on at all. Decided to try to charge it and nothing would make the charge light come on. I messaged customer service and they won't do anything, because they claim that it was tested and worked. I guess they think I'm lying?? As a last effort we decided to take it apart to see if it was something small that could be fixed. The soldering from the power source to the circuit board is broken off. The box was packaged pretty good, so I don't think this happened during shipping. I don't have the tools to fix it and now I'm out money on something we can't use. I've bought a lot of stuff off of Shopgoodwill and I've never had such unsatisfactory customer service. I don't think I'll be buying much from them anymore as I have frequently bought items that ended up having damage. The difference is that in the past they would work with me to make it right. If this is the way it's going to be, I would like protection from this kind of fraud. Ebay it is from now on! Too bad they'll be missing out ($400+ a year) over this stupid situation.

• Ki
    Kim Starr Aug 15, 2018

Once again I am getting an error reading on my site. Pleaase could someone fix this permanently so I can shop. I buy a significantl amount from your stores and I keep running up against this problem Thank you Kim Starr

• Bj
    BJ Jordan Aug 04, 2018

SHOPGOODWILL.COM are you responding to this issues or notifications. I see only a few have had replies and the issues here are probably of concern to many who shop your site. Please advise or if this page is just to register issues, since I see little reply to the issues presented here.

Norma Sanchez Oct 16, 2017

my buyer ID is bigja1985. goodwill auction is not allowing me to bid on items. is reads that I have past due items. but I go to pay up there is nothing there for me to pay. please help this is keeping me from bidding and buying items. thank you.

• Li
    Lisa Macht Nov 19, 2015

Fake Fake Fake... purchased Jade bangle that ended up being plastic.
    Louis vuitton bags listed are fake, if I can tell by a picture why cant the people taking them.
    How can good will list items and watch people bid huge amount knowing they are fake.

• Ct
    ctdisappointed Aug 20, 2012

Hello, I too had won an auction. In the pictures and description no where does it state that the car model that I won and paid for was already started. The description was misleading and they came back and said "As IS:

Buyer beware!

• Sh
    shopgoodwill Dec 08, 2011

Hello,
    I'd love to assist you, but I can't figure out who you are from the information posted here. Please send an email to [email protected] with the item number in question and I will assist you in obtaining that refund.
    Sincerely,