ShopGoodWillBanned for duplicate accounts?

J Apr 18, 2021

I just recently started using shopgoodwill.com and it was going pretty well for awhile. I was sent the wrong product once but they ended up sending me the correct one. The shipping and handling prices are out of control but whatever I love to thrift. I have probably purchased maybe 7 or 8 things all together so I was definitely new and just do it for my kids toys mostly. I've never had any issues paying for anything usually within hours of winning I pay and everything would go through. Well four weeks ago my son had to have open heart surgery at our state university and so I was out of town for quite a while and to say the least very preoccupied with the most important things going on at the time. While I was gone I had completely forgot about 3 or 4 things I had bid on at shopgoodwill.com before we left for the hospital. I believe none of them were over 30 bucks. It was all toys. I believe very small lots of dolls and girl toys. So in the rush of everything like I said I completely forgot about the auctions and I don't think I was on the website for about four weeks. The beginning of last week I remembered the site and decided to look around. Well I seen I had three or four PAST DUE under orders and I tried clicking it where it usually will let you and pay or in someway take care of the problem and nothing was happening. Then I go and see a auction my daughter went nuts about and I try to bid and it wouldn't let me. The website also isn't very user friendly in my opinion. Not easy to navigate when it counts like needing help but they made sure its super easy for you when its time for you to give them your money! So again I couldn't figure out what to do so I made another account with my same name address and account info even almost the same email because mine and my husband's are so similar and I bid on the auction she liked and I went on to searching Google on how to figure out shopgoodwill.com to get some help on all of this. So I see someone said to go under contact seller and tell them the issues and then I just decided to email Goodwill customer service and see if they could help because u couldn't get anywhere on their site. So I sent a message to the Goodwill I had past due items on explaining very little but asking if and how I could take care of these past due items because I was afraid it would effect my accounts. Still same name and all. Then I send a quick email to customer service and said pretty much the same. I didn't go into detail about the hospital bc its not necessary but on here I felt it was to show how bad my frustrations are at this point because this is ridiculous! Anyway I get an email back from Vicki at customer service and all it said was I have been banned from shopgoodwill.com and they have kept and flagged my information so in the future don't try to make another account!! Totally rude and the worst customer service I've ever heard of! So I emailed them and told them everything that was happening and asked them for help to fix it all and all I got back was an email and being banned from ever shopping at shopgoodwill again? Oh and they are gonna hang on to my information?!?! Excuse me?!?! I honestly don't know how I have broken rules? If I was up to no good then you think I would have emailed asking for help telling on myself?! This is so crazy!! I don't understand how the heck a duplicate account is an offense in itself or how I had one. Literally I had one account for a month used it maybe 7 or so times for small purchases..TOYS...it was not working anymore so I made myself another one that would work and reached out for help within a day of having the new account to fix the whole situation and I was banned!!! Good grief what miserable people they must be at the goodwill. I've never heard of such terrible people skills and customer service. I can't wait to share my experience with everyone. I guess if it was against the rules ok but I had no ill intent and the reason for it was more of an ignorance on my part of navigating the site and or knowing what to do next. I feel like I was treated like a criminal and very rudely dismissed without answering any of my concerns and they are keeping my information? Huh? Thanks a lot goodwill! You have really been amazing to me and mine during a difficult time for many reasons! I've been a shopper in your stores for years and years and my friends and family but I won't rest until everyone hears about this mess!