Menu
ShopGoodwill
reviews & complaints

ShopGoodwill
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

87 complaints
1 resolved 86 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of ShopGoodwill. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
T
8:53 pm EDT

ShopGoodwill - Rude employees

I was just shopping in one of your stores. The one at Lakeside to be exact. I went in to use the bathroom and two women that are employed there came in and rudely confronted me. I recognized one of the women to be a tenant that I had evicted from a motel that I previously managed. The proceeded to tell me that product was not allowed in the restroom. I told her I understand that and I don't have anything in the restroom with me. I opened my bags and told her she was welcome to check any of my things. I am not a thief and didn't appreciate the way I was treated. The women I recognized is obviously angry with me, but her causing problems and not paying her rent was not my fault and I don't appreciate being publicly shamed for things I did not do. I decided just to leave the store at that moment because with this lady I was not going to win anything. Both women followed me out of the store and again I asked them please check my things I have not taken anything. I'm not sure if the managers name but the other employees name is Loretta she is a tall thin black women. I'm not sure if this is appropriate behavior for Goodwill but I personally don't think it is appropriate behavior for anywhere. I hope Goodwill doesn't encourage there employee to take out there personal problems on unsuspecting customers. I honestly feel like I should never ever go into another goodwill again and was ready to share my story with everyone. However I decided that was not thezx appropriate behavior either. So I decided to reach out to goodwill and let you know about this behavior. Had I actually been stealing I could understand being treated in this manner, but I would never steal from a non- profit thrift store that help other in need. I am above that and have always felt good shopping there and know it was helping others. I would like to continue to shop at goodwill without fear of this ever happening again.

Tracy Mares

T
3:53 am EDT

ShopGoodwill - Buyer beware

They do not fully disclose all information. They want you to rely on fuzzy photos that show nothing. I have received several items that were worthless because of broken zippers or tears. Ignore their no return policy and demand your money back! The shipping is also ridiculously high. You could end up paying over $30 for a $10-$15 item. Best to stay away as they are untrustworthy.

Desired outcome: I have stopped shopping on their site. I can’t afford it in more ways than one.

P
7:26 pm EDT

ShopGoodwill - Shipping charges

I'm riding regarding the astronomical shipping prices that are being charged from some of your locations. This is for instance I was looking at an auction for a ribbon it was 11 lb coming from Virginia and the shipping was 1255. Dad alone is ridiculous considering the weight that was involved. But anyway basically the same type of shipment same size same weight actually this one that I'm speaking of may have been a little bit lighter in weight was coming from New York but listed as 32 and some odd sense for shipping. The company would make so much more money if they would do something about the astronomical shipping prices perhaps get away from Federal Express and set up your own account with one of the UPS or post office has Mercari and eBay does. Honestly would have bought both of those options today had it not been that the two combined was going to set me back almost $50 in shipping prices for some ribbon.

Desired outcome: Just would like them to be aware. If the continues they will lose a customer.

1 comment
M
Jul 20, 2022 10:35 pm EDT

I can't understand why the shipping actual weight could be 1lb and shipping weight 12lbs. We should only have to pay for the actual weight.

R
10:53 am EDT

ShopGoodwill - Item ID: [protected]

I bought this item from this online goodwill and forgot to pay on time. I asked them for an extension and they refused. So since they refused to let me pay for it I asked them to remove this item from my account several times. They refused to respond. They will not respond and per my request remove this item from my account. I have this item still on my account where it states "past due."

Desired outcome: Please remove this item from my account.

G
3:47 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

[protected]@shopgoodwill.com To: [protected]@yahoo.com Tue, Jun 7 at 1:30 PM Dear Elizabeth Woodard: Your order # [protected] has been shipped from the seller. Item # [protected] - Clear Glass Pitcher Seller of this order: Goodwill Industries of North Central PA, Inc. Seller City: DuBois, PA You can check the status of your shipment by logging...

M
3:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Shopgoodwill packaging boxes are just too large some of us are shiping direct to the UK so shipping cost is a lot of money. Please work on that as soon as possible!

O
8:51 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I was at the Goodwill today 05/31/2022 around 4:12pm. I purchase (2) End Tables for the price of $7.99 minus the senior discount, asked the cashier could I come back to pick them up, she replied... yes, however when I got home and looked at my receipt, I realized she had charged me for (4) End Tables. So when I went back to the store with my receipt and...

C
9:17 am EDT

ShopGoodwill - shipping charges

At the beginning of the week I was looking at a small 2 lb hand saw on their site. It was from MN. They stated the weight was 2 lbs and the size listed was small, ( I can't remember the exact dimensions but it was approx. 12" x 6".). The shipping quote was OVER $40! I posted a screen shot of the quote and a comment / question on their facebook page, asking why were they ripping us off on shipping and provided shipping charges from the east coast as proof. Yep, they deleted it. Nice to know that the shopgoodwill page and their site are admin'd by the same people as the Facebook site. Don't answer legit questions just delete them. A word of caution, Watch the shipping charges closely. Some of the locations jack the shipping after the auction when the price doesn't go high enough. They changed the shipping charge on a BOOK, from $9.75 to $30 AFTER the auction ended. When I asked why and provided before and after proof, they told me to pay or have my account removed.

Desired outcome: Be honest or don't run the site

2 comments
E
Jul 02, 2022 11:55 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Minnesota site is becoming horrible. I live in Minnesota. They wouldn't refund items that they couldn't that they lost in the move. If you don't pick it up in their scheduled appointments, they keep the item and your money! And they got the item for free as a "donation"! I think the best course is to not buy or donate to them.

L
Jul 15, 2022 7:14 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replying to comment of Eloise101

minnesota does have the highest shipping cost... for a box of yarn... you can expect to pay at least $36 in shipping. so you better want it really bad and look at the shipping before you buy and take a photo of it too. the other goodwill's seem to have more reasonable shipping costs...but minnesota has rediculously high. I have complained to them and they respond passing the buck to fed ex but I checked with fed ex and it's like the are choosed the overnight shipping...you can expect well over 2 weeks before you get something delivered from this online auction.

K
4:58 am EDT

ShopGoodwill - Shipping and handling cost

I have been ripped off several times on shop goodwill‘s shipping and handling fees! Here is an example I purchased a computer external hard drive they charged me almost $20 for shipping and handling for this! Here’s another example they’ll have the weight let’s say of a box fan The fan itself weighs 10 pounds but the total weight of the shipment is 50 pounds so they’re trying to say that the box itself that the fan is going in weighs 40 pounds no way does it weigh this much! And don’t get me started on the handling fees! Some Goodwill‘s Will charge you a dollar while other Goodwill‘s are charging 4 to 8 dollars for the same item! This has got to change!

Desired outcome: They’re shipping and handling fees need to be reduced big-time!!!

D

ShopGoodwill - Outrageous shipping charges!

I should have checked the shipping before I bid, but after I was ready to pay I fell out of my chair. Seriously! I am a seller and I know shipping charges, and is absolutely criminal to charge so much, does anybody want to start a class action lawsuit against goodwill I am in. these [censored] are criminal robbing people they should be taken out of the internet.

Order Summary

$2.99

Order Total

$54.72

Sold by Goodwill-Easter Seals MN

Desired outcome: I want them to charge me actual shipping, not to overcharged me because they are not getting enough for their auctions. You have 68 complains only one resolved, why?

G
4:18 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Why is shipping exclusively done by FedEx? Outrageous costs. USPS way cheaper. If going to use FedEx exclusively where are the shipping discounts, seems we are paying full price as consumers. I enjoy supporting Goodwill but when shipping costs are more than the item purchased seems ridiculous. Guy R Layne

L
5:01 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I am cleaning out a residence and want to donate to Good Will near me. They advise they have no donation cards that I can fill out for tax purposes. How do I obtain some of those cards .

H
10:19 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This is just a critique regarding the online Goodwill auction site. The new framework ShopGoodWill.com put up months ago is nice but it keeps bogging down again and again. Sometimes right during a bid war. And also when paying. The older site before this latest update "Idea" was actually more functional than the new site look. And it ran better. They may...

F
5:28 pm EDT

ShopGoodwill - Everything I bid on

I was suspended from bidding on Piedmont area Shopgoodwill for over a year now. I am a very big supporter of Goodwill and spend thousands a year. I had a problem with two items, one was a moldy jacket that I won, and I believe but not sure it was a radio that didn't power on and missing battery cover (that was not mentioned), for these two legitimate returns I was suspended. Like I sid I am a big supporter, please reinstate my bidding privileges, Whoever is in charge of the emails is not doing their job they way it should be done. I would never do this to anyone, no way to treat a senior.. pls advise and restore my bidding... thank you

Desired outcome: bidding restored

A
4:33 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I won a bid. But received someone else's that wasn't as nice as what I was buying. Very upset and can't talk to anyone direct to get it straightened out. If I cant get my item they owe me a refund.

R
7:24 pm EDT

ShopGoodwill - Check policy

Was in to Tomah wi store wrote a check and they said because I have no written a check for 142.00 they could not take it so I had to run to bank and get cash! I have more than enough cash in my account! Held up other customers! I looked like a fool! So embarrassed because of this! And I have more than enough money in there! Your policies suck! Was in today 3/17/2022 around 230

Desired outcome: I write checks in lacrosse wi for stuff never do!!

B
7:12 am EDT

ShopGoodwill - Auction closed minimum four minutes early

I have done business with shopgoodwill.com for many years. I have never had a auction close early. I do not want to imagine there is in-house fraud. Auction closed on March 12 at 6:20 pm Pacific time. The person that won placed her bid on March 11. I repeatedly tried to bid for this item on March 12. I refreshed my screen. The auction closed four minutes early. Why did the person win this item when she last bid on March 11? I was planning to bid up to $300.00.

I did not have any issues for the other items I bid on shopgoodwill.com that night.

Desired outcome: I want a chance to bid on this item.

K
12:20 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Been arguing with the company for over a week now via email about being banned for multiple accounts, however - they were able to provide me the ones that they showed that got me the strike and A) one of them I DIDN’T make (yeah they over looked that) and B) almost all the others were for 2017. I had initially asked them to deactivate/delete the current...

S
8:08 am EST

ShopGoodwill - Subject: Poorly Packaged Seller:Goodwill Industries of North Florida Item ID: [protected] - Vintage Mantel Clock w/Lion Head Handles

02/16/2022 12:55 PM

I was very disappointed in the packaging of this clock I purchased. I have purchased many clocks from the Goodwill and all were packaged great with bubble wrap. I received this one and it was wrapped loosely in a few sheets of bran paper loose in the box. One leg was busted and the glass cover was loose in the box. I know the clock was as is for repairs but the way this was package was totally unacceptable .

IMG_1798.JPG

02/17/2022 04:02 PM

and also a 3 column was also damaged in the shipping due to being put loosely in the box with no protection.

IMG_1797.JPG

02/17/2022 04:29 PM

damaged column

IMG_1807.jpg

02/19/2022 11:07 AM

I feel due to the very poor packaging I should be refunded at least if not more the shipping and handling charges it's a wonder the clock made it at all the way it was packaged.

02/23/2022 09:45 AM

Please respond to: Sigurd Sundberg 384 Ferrell Rd Mullica Hill, NJ 08062 cell [protected] [protected]@yahoo.com

Desired outcome: I contacted Goodwill North Floridia about a very poorly packed and damaged item. They never responded back to me.

P
12:54 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a robot vacuum from this goodwill online about two months ago. They had it listed as "in original unopened box." I received it and as a reseller listed it on ebay for resale as a new in sealed box. I sold it and shipped it to the ebay customer who bought it. They said when they opened it up the robot vacuum was not new and had scratches and had...

ShopGoodwill contacts