Having problems with ShopGoodwill?

ShopGoodwill reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 8, 2011. The latest review Banned for duplicate accounts? was posted on Apr 18, 2021. The latest complaint auction item broken in mail was resolved on Dec 08, 2011. ShopGoodwill has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 52 reviews. ShopGoodwill has resolved 1 complaints.

ShopGoodwill Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with ShopGoodwill Customer Service. Initial ShopGoodwill complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for ShopGoodwill above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about ShopGoodwill. Discuss the issues you have had with ShopGoodwill and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

ShopGoodwill Complaints & Reviews

Apr 18, 2021

ShopGoodWill — Banned for duplicate accounts?

I just recently started using shopgoodwill.com and it was going pretty well for awhile. I was sent the wrong...

ShopGoodWillMy account has been disable/block completely

Date: april 7, 2021

Customer number: account black/disable can't get number

On march the 29th of 2021 year my online shopgoodwill.com account. In which was blocked from using. After days of sending e-messages to shopgoodwill.com customer service "no response". Just today april 7, 2021 at 4:20 pm my account was fully disable entirely of shopgoodwill.com.

My account has been disable/block completely
My account has been disable/block completely

ShopGoodWillDisabled Accounts

I have never not paid for an item I won. I have never done anything but pay for items I win. Yet my account got disabled, and I've tried to make other accounts and they're immediately disabled. It's so unfair and bias, it makes me wonder if they just automatically ban people from groups of IP addresses or something??? I've tried to contact them over and over, and no one gets back to me. It's the WORST online system I've ever used.

ShopGoodWillBid on item/ did not arrive in lot/Pictures changed

You have a dishonest employee at your Willamette store in Oregon. The supervisor Todd N is hateful and needs to be replaced.
      I bid on a lot for 1 specific item.
      When I received my lot that item was not included. When I went back and reviewed the pictures they were not the same, I am a newer patron to the site and have spent thousands of dollars already. I cannot express my disappointment!

ShopGoodWillBidding

I am a long term shopper with Goodwill and have now had two instances where I have placed a bid...and thank God I checked only to discover that my bids were hughly inflated. My latest bid on a piece of jewlery was 42.00 and when I later checked my bid showed up at $1, 800. Not sure how this is happening, but seems pretty shady to me. A favor of a reply would be greatly appreciated along with an explanation as to how this happened and what measures are being taken to prevent this from happening again.
        Thank you in advance for your prompt attention to this matter. For your reference, the item in question can be located at https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/112599634

Jan 09, 2021

ShopGoodWill — Rudeness to a customer

On the night of january 8th at 6:30 pm when I was making a purchase, one of your employees was rude, her...

ShopGoodWillDisabling account

I just opened an account, bid on a laptop and now my account is disabled. WTF is wrong with these people? I'm reading other reviews and they seem to have a habit of this. Guess I will go give my money to an organization that needs and appreciates it. I will also be putting this on YouTube so everyone can see what they are doing.

ShopGoodWillStore policy - masks required by customer

The State of Oklahoma and the City of Oklahoma Has not and will not issue a mandatory requirement. No other thrift store in Oklahoma City had issued such. This frankly, breaches my constitutional rights. To desire VOLUNTARY wearing of masks is one acceptable response. This happened July 15, 2020. Please come into compliance with Oklahoma State, city and county laws concerning this issue.

Jan 30, 2020

ShopGoodWill — Online auction

I bid on item and win. PayPal transaction completed on Jan 24 th 2019. I check my card it did go thru. They...

ShopGoodWillg hat

I won your auction for order#[protected] on Dec. 26, 2019...it is still in "open ordersn now, 13 days later...I wrote the seller to see if they would ship it but no, they have not, nor have they replied to the two complaints I have sent them...I realise it is just a one dollars hat...but the shipping and handling are expensive and I would like them to know that the five business days to ship is long over with...teddyhuntsbears

Dec 09, 2019

ShopGoodWill — disable account after winning auction

On several occasions I have had my accounts disabled for absol Rely no reason; I have spent a lot of money on...

ShopGoodWillknee braces under bid

I requested the item to be reset for payment. I was out of town during the first nonpayment.. I was informed the item had been reset. But it's not showing on my end. I'm not able to make payment. I sent a email notifying the location of the pro 4 time and ask them to redo it on my end . It has been updated. Also I only have i nonpayment the account it showing there's not than three Account disabled . Please reset account name is Kayallen. Address 121 Essenton dr Upper Marlboro md 20774. Phone [protected]

ShopGoodWillbroken statue

Recieved a statue that was described as in good condition and needed a light dusting. Recieved this item broken . The pictures of this item showed it complete and unbroken. When I attempted to submit a claim through customer service I was told to send pictures of the broken statue . I sent this along pictures of the box it was shipped in. I didn't hear anything back for ten days during which time I kept sending request for a refund. I was finally contacted back apologizing for the delay and asking for now pictures of the packing slip they sent and the packing material used. Now this seemed a ridiculous request since they packed it they should know what packing material they used. The packing slip was originally generated by them so why would they not have a copy of this. Even though that was what I thought was a stall tactic I sent the pictures requested letting them know I felt not having copies was incompatant on their part. I called right after I sent the pictures to them and was told by the person who answered the phone that my claim was now being sent to management for a refund. That person also sent me a written message saying it was forwarded to management. Now that I was told I was recieving a refund over the phone I discarded the broken item they sent me. Then two days later they send me a message saying they are sending me a shipping label to return the broken item they shipped me. I would have done that if I was told that when I was told I was getting a refund. But since it took them two days later to tell me that's what they wanted the item was already trashed. Since I am a reseller I don't have room for worthless items. I have spent allot of money over the years and have only had one other complaint filed which was handled right Away. I need my refund for this claim. Please refund my claim so I don't have to proceed further.your customer service in this location is rude and incompatant.

ShopGoodWillabsurd shipping charges

It is ridiculous.
                    This is taken directly from the website:
                    Shipping Weight: 80 lbs.
                    Actual Weight: 3 lbs.
                    Shipping: $30.41 (FEDEX_GROUND)

Why is some 3 pounds of STUFFED ANIMALS require 80 lb shipping weight?

I used to think this website was worth supporting, but it's become really obvious to me that it is a scam.
                    All it took was a quick google search to find out that everyone else who is familiar with the website agrees and that the wrongful shipping charges are a number one complaint for this site.

Oct 01, 2019

ShopGoodWill — did you resell

Hello my name is Marcy, I have spent probably $13, 000 on orders from you. I have never had a problem with a...

ShopGoodWillmajor overcharging for shipping on non-large items

My complaint is strictly related to the huge disparity in shipping cost for same items. I personally have been overcharged for shipping after winning a bid. You have no option to dispute the cost.

Case in point: Sterling Silver Plate Flatware-I have bid on 12 person place setting (96) pieces with solid wood cabinet shipping is estimated at $8.96. That is acceptable, conversely to that transaction a 6 person place setting (32) pieces without solid wood cabinet is net 6.2 lbs. but the shipping charges are based on 35 lbs. IMPOSSIBLE!!

It is my contention that the Low Buy it Now Price is bolstered by overcharging for shipping. Which in my opinion constitutes "fraudulent overcharging" or perhaps "bait and switch."

Please advise as to next course of action.

James Dorsey

major overcharging for shipping on non-large items

ShopGoodWillmicroscope-bidding process

I bidded on a microscope, with 1minute and a few seconds left I got out bidded... I videoed the page because I was curious as to how long it took you to notify me that I had been outbidded... It was down to 1minute and then the other bidders-bid populated on the page (a little less than 1minute... There was no opportunity for me to bid, 'auction ended notice' populated... I am really concerned and pray you can explain to me about how bids are allowed less than one minute and the lead bidder is not given an opportunity to counter-bid... I have lost many bids and I have never complained..I feel I must challenge how that auction was conducted... (Product ID: [protected] - Nikon Stereo Microscope Used Untested) Auction today 9/27/19 (I have the video/screenshots which shows the TIME increments of the auction..

microscope-bidding process

ShopGoodWillitem purchased online

Hello, can someone from customer service please call me regarding a rude employee and a purchase issue,
                          Order#[protected]
                          Item#[protected]
                          I sent a message asking if I could have more time to pay that I wanted to combine everything together to save on shipping, shopgoodwill doesn't make anything from shipping so I thought I could spend more if I was to save on shipping, my item expired as I was waiting on a reply but wasn't worried as I knew they could fix it so I could pay if they couldn't give me more time, I have spent a lot of money in this site, over $500 this month and it's only the 5th of the month, I think of myself as a good loyal customer, the employee that I spoke to on the phone that refused to fix it so I can pay told me 'Oh well"seriously!! This is how a customer get treated, then tells me"that's beside the point"when I tried explaining why it wasn't paid that I was waiting for a response from them, she said oh I remember you, I'm the one that relisted it, you can bid again she went on to say, didn't like the fact I won it a a reasonable price, as much money as I've spent it's about time I got an amaizing deal I thought, I told her I was going to contact headquarters and then hung up, she refused to give me her name as when I asked for a manager she responded"how can I help you", I said is this the manager, she said once again"how can I help you", not clarifying that she was indeed a manager or not once again I asked is this a manager,"what do you need" she responded, all in a rude tone of voice, I get it! people have bad days, but she was just plain rude, Thanks again Tammy Templeton
                          [protected]@yahoo.com
                          [protected]

• Updated by Tammytemp · Sep 06, 2019

The item in question is still on my order page but yet was relisted right away, , I told her I still wanted to purchase the necklace and she said you can bid on it again, , , , I am livid

I tried sending photo but it wouldn't go thru

Photos uploaded

Comments
                              Comments

• Updated by Tammytemp · Sep 06, 2019

I do want to say to everyone that may read this, , I have been shopping in ShopGoodwill.com for awhile now and absolutely love the site, only a couple issues besides this one is not bad at all for all I have purchased, and the money goes to very deserved causes, , I filed this complaint because I have spent so much but yet get treated the way I did from an employee is unacceptable, I have went past the due date waiting on a response and never had an issue with not being able to get my item, , I recently received a beautiful 14k gold ring instead of the 10k earrings I purchased and contacted shop Goodwill so I could send back the ring because I knew someone out there was waiting for it, , yes I want my necklace that I waited to bid on, set that time aside because I wanted it, then I have to deal with a rude employee telling me no!! I love this site but I'm so upset I will stop shopping on here all because of one rude obnoxious person, , , not because there is issues with the site

ShopGoodWillcustomer service

i got kicked out of this goodwill due to spoussly stealing when i didnt steal. but i returned the item that i spoussly stole. this store is always disgussting and has very poor custmer service aslo they dony have room for products. 8/21/2019 i got a call stating i wasnt allowed to go back in because" i bascacilly stole A 10 dollar product" well i wont be shopping there anymore its not ada accesible.

Aug 14, 2019

ShopGoodWill — nintendo wii

This is the first time ever that a order was screwed up. I was suppose to get the power adapter, the cable...