Sportsman's Guide Logo

Sportsman's Guide

Having problems with Sportsman's Guide?

Sportsman's Guide Customer Service Contacts

Sat8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Sun8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Postal Address
PO Box 239, South St. Paul, MN 55075-0239

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sportsman's Guide Customer Service. Initial Sportsman's Guide complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Sportsman's Guide above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Sportsman's Guide. Discuss the issues you have had with Sportsman's Guide and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Sportsman's Guide Complaints & Reviews

Sportsman's GuideLone wolf sit and climb 2 tree stand

Purchased this as a gift, description clearly states and pictured a built in bow holder in the platform. It did not have the bow holder!as this was a gift and sportsman guide clearly state that they do not accept returns on tree stands, I left a review warning others...they post the review, only to take it down days later as to not hurt the products rating! I find this to be very dishonest.

Sportsman's GuideCompact size truck tent-[protected]

The two large fiberglass poles - (dark gray). Part # 12010. Splintered when I set up the tent. I have camped in tents for years, but I have never experienced support poles shattering like that. I have been trying to contact sportsman guide through their number [protected]) located on the instruction and safety manual, but all I get is a message and the phone disconnects. All I want is replacement poles. Damaged occurred on 9/19/2020. I can send the poles back for you to examine, but I have no way of sending a picture. My name is richard martin. Phone # [protected]. Please help.

Sportsmans GuideCustomer service, phone orders

I have tried on 6 occasions to make a purchase by phone to sportsman's guide; every time I am greeted with the same message,... Due to unusual call volume we are unable to take your call...

And, I want to be able to make a phone order, utilize my merchandize coupons I have with the company. They are useless, until you can actually make an order.

Sportsman Guide — Taurus revolver

I was shopping on line for a Revolver and I spotted one that i liked. The price was $418.00. Then when it...

Sportsman's Guide — Fraud

I bought hunting clothes from the website www.thesportsmansguide.com, and they charged me at the same day. I...

Sportsmans Guide IncBad service

I ordered the used czech sleeping bags. They said you'll have to wait until they come off back order. I still requested them and gave me an approx ship date. A month and a half later I get a call stating We are only shipping you one (3)pc sleeping bag and not three. I replied "that's not what the ad stated" they said take it or leave it... Now I had to return the money I collected from the parents of the boy scouts you helped me disappoint. Thanks for ending the compulsive purchasing problem I been doing from your catalog for too long...

Sportsmans Guide — CREDIT CHECK

THE SPORTSMANS GUIDE RUNS YOUR CREDIT REPORT IF YOU USE THERE 4 PAY PLAN . I used an american express card to...

The Sportsmans GuideGOOD, HONEST COMPANY

THE SPORTSMAN'S GUIDE IS NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SAY IT IS. i ACTUALLY WORK THERE. THEY GIVE THEIR EMPLOYEES THE BEST TRAINING, BENIFITS, AND DISCOUNTS. AND FOR THE CUSTOMERS YOU GET THE BEST PRICES ON MERCHANDISE. THEY'RE IS ALWAYS GOING TO BE A FEW ORDERS THAT MAY HAVE A PROBLEM. BUT REMEMBER WE ARE HUMAN. I KNOW...AS AN EMPLOYEE THAT THEY HAVE THOUSNADS OF BUYERS CLUB MEMBERS THAT ARE VERY LOYAL AND APPRECIATE OUR BUSINESS. AND UNLIKE OTHER COMPANIES OUR CLUB PRICE IS ONLY 29.99 FOR A WHOLE YEAR! AND WE NEVER RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP WHEN IT EXPIRES UNLESS YOU TELL US TO.

• Ra
              RAPTOR555 Jan 09, 2013

Maybe you are a great employee but I was unfortunate not to get you when I had a problem. All I wanted was an answer to a simple question and couldn't get it. That's not good customer service.

Sportsmansguide.comkept refund,personal info fishing

Phoned 7/31/10 rude laughing clerks John and then Judy asked me for personal information to correct an order then told me to call back later and do it again. I looked at my account on line and a merchandise return I returned a month ago was never credited. I'm afraid one of them or both took my information and kept my credit for their personal use. They didn't care about my order just wanted keep me calling and give them more information. They did not put me to a supervisor just put me on hold hoping I would hang up. They seemed determined to either sabotage the process or steal my details. They had no supervisor nor did they try to help me at that time.

• Ol
                Olvantesz Oct 12, 2012

I've ordered 3 times. Two were good experiences, but this last time has been a nightmare and it was their warehouse error --twice for the same item -- they DID NOT ensure that the same mistake did not happen again. It ruined my sleep during a scouting trip, as I had no sleeping pad as a result. They did not make it right, and even suggested that I go to grocery stores to see if I could find a box that their WRONG product would fit into so I could return it.

Sportsmans Guidelousy return policy

this is a real POS store, they claim they have a no hassle return policy.
              Yet, when I returned a pair of boots which despite supposedly being size 14 measured no more than a us size 12. The boots wouldn't even go on my foot.
              I ordered a motorcycle helmet size xl which is supposed to be a size eight. Since I wear a Bell Helmet size 7 1/4 the size eight should have been super big. But I couldn't get the visor to close without hitting my nose. Something that is easy to do with the Bell.

So I used their return slip which is enclosed in the order paid for the return with a copy of the receipt for 31.90 and emailed them to ask for reimbursement of the shipping.

They refused saying that I was sup poised to get prior approval. But wait no where on the RMA shipping enclosed in the order was any note to contact them for prior approval. When I complained about the sizing error all they did was send me sizing chart.
              I know what is going on, this company sells second rate communist Chinese goods which don't match US sizing and then when they don't fit we get STUCK FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING.
              DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. UNLESS YOU DON'T MIND GETTING STUCK WITH INFERIOR PRODUCTS THAT DON'T FIT.
              THEY WILL STICK YOU FOR THE RETURN SHIPPING.
              SJY

Sportsmans GuidePoor Quality/Negative Feedback

I do have to give it to these folks that they have great customer service. However, their product quality leaves a LOT to be desired. While they will refund your purchase price, one still has the hassle of ordering, waiting on delivery (they aren't the fastest shippers either), filing a complaint, shipping the merchandise back, being out of pocket the return shipping. All for what? A lot of inconvenience. They ask for feedback on products. Try leaving negative feedback on one of their products. It will NEVER appear! I know, I have left negative feedback on every product I had problems with and I had to return 4 items this year. I do continue to buy from them but I had to learn the hard way how to select merchandise. Stay away from their Guide Gear branded products. Stick with quality name brand when they have them. Be an informed shopper. They are NOT and will NEVER be a quality seller like Amazon or NewEgg! Amazon and NewEgg are the best!

Bargain Outfitters / Sportsman's GuideFraudulent Advertising/Defective Merchandise

Bargain Outfitters sold us defective outdoor chairs that collapsed after a brief time in the elements. They were advertised as all-weather wicker over rattan frames, but in fact the frames were wood and rotted out very quickly.

The company says they have a "100% guarantee" at any time, but they do not tell you that you have to pay for return shipping even on defective merchandise. The shipping cost almost as much as the chairs.

They refuse to refund our money even though they are now aware that the chairs were made of cheap wood and advertised otherwise.

I have filed a complain with the Better Business Bureau - here is a link on the status of that case:

Luckily no one was hurt when the chairs collapsed, but what kind of company sells merchandise that they know can hurt people? They are still selling these chairs even after all of my emails to them about how dangerous they are!

Fraudulent Advertising/Defective Merchandise

• Ag
                      aghauler Jul 21, 2017

Welcome to the Pinheads at Sportsman's Gouge/Guide ( high shipping & handling rates). they are so full of BS there I won't even allow their mail into my mailbox!
                      Good review and confirms what others have had to deal with.

The unfortunate thing is like most companies that have "complaints" about them they don't give a crap and do little to anything to rectify the situation only Bloviate as to why it's not their fault. Quality Customer Service goes along way to bringing back old customers and gaining new customers!

An unsatisfied customer1 Jul 21, 2017

The worst customer service and they do not stand behind their satisfaction guarantee.

They may have a wide selection of items, but their customer service is cold, uncaring and is truly terrible! They claim to have the strongest guarantee in the business as they say, "Order with complete confidence! Your satisfaction is guaranteed, period, " but I absolutely disagree as I was not satisfied with my order one bit and there is no such thing as satisfaction guaranteed, period.

They also claim to have a lowest price guarantee, as they say, "If you find a lower advertised price for an item we sell within 30 days of placing your order, we will refund you the difference. Proof of purchase and a copy of the retailer’s lower advertised price is required." Guess what? I did exactly all that, I already bought the item and showed them the proof of purchase and the retailer's lower advertised price and they absolutely refused to honor the lowest price guarantee that they claim to have, and then ignored me. Absolutely despicable as they did not stand behind their words one bit at all. They will not honor their words and their satisfaction guarantee is a lie.

If you shop with this company, know that their customer service is truly terrible and they will not stand behind the satisfaction guarantee that they claim to have. I was a Club Member of SPG and they did show me as a customer a single ounce of respect. 0/10 company. Despicable company that rather side with their money than with the customer and the guarantees that they claim to have. From my experience, I do not recommend this company at all. Worst customer service, ever! I shake my head at this company as it's probably the worst business I have encountered in my life.

• Ag
                      aghauler Jan 03, 2013

At Sportsmans Guides request I returned a defective rifle scope instead of sending it to the manufacturer for repair. Sportsmans Guide told me they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all items they sell, so I thought they would just replace it. After they got it back they emailed me and told me they wouldn't replace the scope because it was "restricted" from shipping to California. They are supposed to refund a portion of my costs, no shipping expenses and I'm out a scope. I've emailed them to no avail. The manufacturer/importer is based in Calif and there are are NO RESTRICTIONS on the buying, selling, possession, or ownership of optical rifle scopes in Calif. Sportsmans Guide has taken it upon themselves to SUPPORT the ANTIGUN lobby in Calif and
                      by doing so they are DEFACTO policing, Sportsmen, Gun Collectors, Gun Owners in Calif. After 18 years I'm done with Sportsmans Gouge, I mean Guide!

• Me
                      M.E. Watson Jan 26, 2010

I have NEVER had a problem with Sportsman's Guide until my last order. I have ordered countless items from them, and the items were shipped UPS, and item(s) were brought right to my front door by UPS. I had never checked on complaints, because I never had a complaint, until now. Now that I have checked, I am azmazed at the number of complaints online.

I purchased two items, and paid $14.49 for UPS ground shipping, which is the most I have ever paid for shipping on a 4 lb package. Shipping on heavier items has been cheaper! The package was in Wilmington, NC on January 23, 2010. On January 25, 2010, I checked the UPS tracking number to see that the package had been scanned and was in transit to its final destination. UPS came down my street yesterday, and did not stop. I called UPS and was told the package had been taken to the post office. WHAT????? I called Sportsman's Guide, who told me it is UPS's decision on how to send the package. UPS tells me it is Sportsman's Guide who made the decision on how to ship the package. So, while they are pointing the finger at each other, the last thing I heard is that I should receive the package on January 27, 2010, which means it will take 5 days for the package to leave the UPS facility, go to the post office, and be delivered by my postal carrier. That is outrageous and unacceptable. I hope Sportsman's Guide enjoys the money it received last week, because it is the last penny they will ever get from me, not to mention, that I will bad-mouth them to anyone who will listen, and the Better Business Bureau.

• Rd
                      Rd Fowler Oct 27, 2009

ordered a scope to be delivered next day air on Oct/ 22/ 2009 with a delivery date of Oct/ 23/ 2009 when U.P.S. showed up with out my package from Sportsman's Guide I called. After the conventional run a round I was allowed to speak to Nancyat ext. 5311 who then explained how it was my fualt because I had ordred to late! & it would be arriving monday the 26th. this is when I reminded her that their very own web site's order status page, showed that it expected delivery date was how I ordered it. Nancy then choched it up to a computer malfunction. and that it was still in the warehouse I told her if so to ship it next day air or not at all she apologized, said she would refund the $20.00 fee for next day air ship it out I responded as long as it gets tome by monday no later than tuesday it was O.K.and that she could decide whether or not to keep the $20.00 ( a test of character she did return the $20.00 to my account and also put a hold on the money! since the package was in the warehouse she also changed my shipping to U.P.S. basic urban 5-7 day delivery and shipped it out pn Oct/ 26/ 2009 acording to nice young lady at U.P.S. against my explicit instructions. I was upset but was not rude or crude And this woman see's the need to mess with me & incidently my business, I'm a nuisance wildlife operator what I ordered is a tool of my trade and the fact that sportsmans guide alows these things to go on, cost me a job! when it's all said and done I will have paid, with my losses over $800.00 for a $140.00 scope this is not the first time I've had problems with sportsman's guide but It will be the last! my family also agrees that none of us will ever buy from them again. My hope is that people will spread the word, And for once stick it to the big business like they've stuck it to us and stop ordering from companies like this! When did the customer start coming last! if people band together & stop buying from places like this, cutting into their profit margins someone will do something to fix it, and the customers will once again come first! I have learned my lesson and will start shopping local where my money and patronage is welcomed and appreciated and I hope others out there will do the same. Whats the worst that could happen? spend a little more money( but think of shipping cost) get what we want, when we want, and how we want it, and possably stimulate the local economy in your communities in the proccess. R.D. Fowler

• Ta
                      tarnia May 28, 2009

Thank you for your comment - that satisfaction may be all I get in this case, (but I'm not giving up). Good luck on your search!

PS just noticed that my bbb link doesn't go to my case...I'll try to figure out how to fix that...

Thanks again.

Sportsmans GuideBad service

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE OUTFITS AROUND! IN FACT THE BULK OF THESE STORIES ARE SO DIFFERENT THAN MY EXPERIENCE I BELIEVE THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE ARE MERELY GRIPING BECAUSE SOMETHING DID'NT DID'NT GO THEIR WAY! I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER AND CLUB MEMBER FOR 11 YEARS AND I HAVE SAVED A TON OF MONEY DEALING WITH THESE PEOPLE!!! GARY OLEN SHOULD BE PROUD!

• Bm
                        Bman60 Aug 04, 2014

The person who wrote the original post must be joking. Call and ask for Jay Berlin, CEO. Oops, I don't he cares either.

• Ra
                        RAPTOR555 Jan 09, 2013

This was obviously written by a company official or employee writing this report. Why would anybody go to a complaint board to post a commendation?! LOL

• In
                        invsblwmn Oct 20, 2011

Do you work for them? Really best customer service???? Buy from sierra trading post. They know how to do pricing AND customer service!

• Re
                        REC Jun 05, 2009

This company is the best that I have ever worked with as far as customer service, product delivery, descriptions, shipping ! They will go out of their way to try and make it right and help you. As well as they always maintain your privacy !
                        I have been a memeber of their club for about 10 years now buying quality products at reasonable prices.