Having problems with Shell?

Shell reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 7, 2006. The latest review Car wash fraud was posted on Mar 16, 2021. The latest complaint unethical behavior and rip off was resolved on Nov 05, 2019. Shell has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 1065 reviews. Shell has resolved 122 complaints.

Shell Customer Service Contacts

+31 70 377 9111 (Netherlands)
+1 888 467 4355 (United States)
+44 800 731 8888 (United Kingdom)
+44 207 934 1234 (United Kingdom)
+61 893 386 600 (Australia)
+64 44 714 519 (New Zealand)
+43 800 080 299 (Austria)
+45 79 203 522 (Denmark)
+353 972 7100 (Ireland)
+31 900 202 2710 (Netherlands)
+351 214 200 400 (Portugal)
+27 119 967 000 (South Africa)
800 727 5270 (Brazil)

Rua Sanches Coelho, nº 3 – 8º andar, 1600-201, Lisboa

Spain
Paseo de la Castellana 257, 6A planta, 28046 Madrid

Mexico
Av. Paseo de las Palmas No.425, piso 3, Torre Optima 3, Col. Lomas de Chapultepec C.P. 11000

Brazil
Av. das Américas, 4.200, Bloco 6, Barra da Tijuca - Rio de Janeiro - RJ

United Arab Emirates
P.O. Box 46807, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Japan
16F Pacific Century Place Marunouchi, 1-11-1 Marunouchi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-6216, Japan

Shell Complaints & Reviews

shelley jonespall mall blue

what on earth are u putting in these sigarettes??? tastes like pure grass these days was never like this tastes awfull i really cant stop coughing and i use filters for my siggies shows u

Shell — employee did not provide change

301 Sample Rd. Pompano Beach, FL 33064 11/06/16 I stopped at this shell station to buy beverages and fill...

Shellgasoline fill-up

Shell
    4801 peck rd.
    El monte ca 91732

Pump #3
    Price/gal $2.95
    Regular 7.640g

The tank was empty upon arrival. The pump kept stopping. Had to obtain receipt from within the store. Receipt was not available from gas pump machine. The oil gage showed 2 points above half level on gage upon leaving. After driving a mile down the road, the gas gage now showed 2 points below the half a tank level. Which concludes gas is not up to standard. The vehicle goes through shell gas quicker than any other gas company gasoline used. Is the gas "watered down". Did I get my money worth? Is the tank underground in need of repair? Obviously the need some mechanical adjustment.

• Wine Is Good Nov 11, 2016

If I park my truck in my driveway, my gauge shows full. When I back out onto the street, and drive, my pump shows my actual gas level. Your gauge will float depending on the elevation your vehicle is at. It can take a few minutes for the gauge to level out.

Shellterrible customer service experience here.

I went in to buy a drink which was marked a certain price, when I went to the counter it rang up a different price. I went back with the cashier to show him the displayed price. He responded that the manager must have made a mistake when labeling the prices on the entire stock of items. I asked that he gives me the price that was displayed and he refused. I asked to speak with the manager who was unavailable. I have tried calling multiple times to talk to the manager but the phone rings and goes to the fax.

• Wine Is Good Nov 05, 2016

No store has to honor a misprice. When they do it is nice, but they are not required to do so.

Shell Service Station — overcharge on gasoline with visa debit card

June 14, 2016 I was ripped off for $76.59 for gasoline by the Shell store, Los Banos. My vehicle fills for...

Shelltaking our money

I went to fill up my truck, swiped my card, and looked like it processed. Clerk came out said it did not. And to swipe again. So I did, Shell station only allowed me to put 19.75, I new I had more in my account. It shut off at that about. Checked my account while at the station, and SHELL station had pulled out $75.00, from my account, and then it did not let me go any further than the 19.75. I went to the clerk and he said that shell automatically holds $75.00 to$100.00 and wont release it for a few days. And said that it depends on the bank. So I went into my bank and spoke to a clerk, she said we don't hold any money's that the bank itself don't even hold any moneys because it belongs to the customer. That it is the shell station that is holding it. So she gave me a print out. I called the main customer service and they said Shell pulls it out by its' your bank that is hold it. I explained to her the bank doesn't hold this money it is Shell Gas station. So I am turning this to my lawyer. I notice that through out the united states Shell station has been taking lots of money from hard working people. I will NEVER PUT GAS THERE AGAIN, AND I AM GOING TO SPREAD THE WORD ON SOCIAL MEDIA SO THAT WAY THEY LOSE BUSINESS.!!!

• La
            LadyScot Nov 03, 2016

Actually, every Shell pump states in plain old English that they process a pre-authorization and the amount they secure. People please take the time to read crap before you shove your card in the hole.

• Je
            Jeff Adams Nov 02, 2016

Complex mess. Shell employees seem to hate poor people too.

• Shell takes money from peoples account with no authorization and holds it, then they say its your bank that has the hold.

Shell Gas Station — swarming bees around the trash cans

11/1/16 The last 4 weeks the bee's have been swarming around customers trying to pump gas. I am highly...

Shellattitudes

I was getting gas at a shells station on 2427 across from a bank and Burleson sq handy mart, and i was trying to decide how much gas I was getting, I told her " imma get 5 on PUMP 1" then I said "sorry can you change that to 8 on pump 1" and with an attitude she said " What pump are you on, pump 5 or pump 1!!" so out of confusion I said " I just told you I wanted 5 on PUMP 1, but then I said 8 on pump 1" And she kinda rolled her eyes and just dropped my change in my hand causing some pennys to fall on the counter and floor!! And didn't even try to help me pick them up, plus she didn't even say thanks or have a nice day or anything. So after I pick my change up im kinda mad and I turn around, walk out and start pumping gas, then she comes out the store to bring me some goody pms I left on counter and when she hands them to me she says, "next time dont come in here with an attitude with me" and I had my neice with me who is only 3 years old. So I couldn't really speak my mind like I wanted to. So after I left I call the store to talk to the manager and she answered and said none of the managers were there. I think this is absolutely ridiculous. Since when does a employee treat customers like crap??? Idk how else to get her in trouble but this lady needs to be fired!!

Shell — cashier short changed me and refused to give it back

I went into 3402 Broadway, Everett, wa 98208. I bought a pack of cigarettes from the cashier. It was $8.76...

Shellauto gas purchase

Oct 07, 2016 I filled the tank on my Black Ford Ranger (gas never exceeds 50$ fill) and was charged the "credit max" of 75$. This occured at station T6H 3E9 at approx. 1pm. I called the station and the teller refused to check the transaction history for me and gave me no recourse for action, except to come in so he could "explain" to me in person that gas prices fluxuate.

I would like the teller reciept for this transaction, so I can have the charge corrected on my mastercard bill.

Please provide this reciept: mastercard ending in: 4382. Transaction date and time: Oct 7, 2016 approx 1pm.

I had only begun using Shell stations recently and am throughly diswaded from using them in the future should this not be resolved.

Please assist,

Drewe
            [protected]@hotmail.com
            [protected]

shell station coldwater MScan not use credit card

this staion refuses to fix their card reader. u have to pay inside. he also replied it cost too much to fix them. therefor i have used other gas stations in my area. india owners. real rude and un professional

Shell Retail & MarketingDiesel pump routinely does not work

Throughout 2016 this TimeWise Shell Station (535 S. Fry Road, Katy Texas) has had difficulty with the dispensing rate of the diesel fuel. I have mentioned to the attendants several times and each time they respond that "the Manager is aware and is going to fix". It is now October and seems like nearly ten (10) months is long enough to diagnose and fix if they were truly interested in repairing.

This station is very convenient but I can't continue to use due to the extended fill time.

Shell Station 2890 S. Circle Dr., Colo Sprgs, CONo bathroom use after 7:00 pm because of homeless people

My wife and I stopped in at the Shell Station at 2890 S. Circle Drive in Colorado Springs, CO 80906 to get gasoline and my wife was very sick and had to use the bathroom facilities. We were told by the gentleman that the bathrooms are locked after 7 pm because homeless people come in and use the bathrooms after that time. Why do good-paying customers have to suffer because of these people??? This is bull-crap and should not be happening to good, honest, hard-working people. I will never purchase gasoline ever again at a Shell Station and will also let everyone that I know to do the same because of how you treat your customers. Why couldn't this employee simply give us a key to the restroom? This is not only unconstitutional, but DEAD wrong...good people in this country are losing their privileges because of a few bad ones...

Larry L. Hegler

Shell Station 4730 W Sr 46, Sanford Floridapay at the pump

Not happy at all with new ownership. The staff is nice but the management sucks. Started going to this station since I worked in Sanford and also participated with the Shell Rewards Card. In the past year and a half I have never been able to obtain a receipt from the pump when using pay at the pump. Every single time I have to go inside to get a receipt for my purchase. Why then offer pay at the pump? I get the same excuse every time, "we are working on the problem". So how long does it take to correct this issue. If you like to pay at the pump to save time "DO NOT GO TO THIS STATION."

• Σπύρος Κοψιδάς Sep 25, 2016

9/25/2016

Shellgas station attendant

I bought gas at 11:44 am
                      went in the office to play 4 numbers mid-day and evening she punched up one number another customer walked in she told me to hold on and let her take care of him then she proceeded with the numbers another customer came in she did the same thing.I told her she can't keep doing that i will be in the store all day.She said i can't tell her what to do in her store.Then she said you people i said what a racist comment.In all she took care of about 5 people in front of me and i got no service.She is a petite indian woman with no people skills whatsoever.

Shell Gas Station - Circle K/Shellover charging for gasoline and theft.

Circle k/ shell
                        1000 milwaukee ave.
                        Lincolnshire il, [protected]
                        [protected]
                        Order # 1019988
                        Merchant # [protected]
                        Invoice # 789859

I went to this shell gas station this morning at about 7:30am and i placed my credit card into the gas pump to purchase some gas. I pumped $20.01 and proceeded to get back into my car but before i could pull off i received a fraud alert from my bank advising me that in addition to the $20.01 i authorized. Another charge of $55.00 was being placed on hold on my account totaling $75.01. I then received another message stating that the hold would be release with in 7 business days.

I immediately get out of the car to go into the store to speak with the manager! He states he has no idea whats going on and advises me that it is my bank who is at fault. Actually stating to me that it is my bank who is charging the additional $55.00 fee.

I have been buying gas for more than 30 years and i have never been charged an additional $55.00 fee. I will never go back into another shell gas station for the rest of my life and i will absolute tell anyone within a sound of my voice never to ever go there either.

I actually had to call my bank to dispute your bogus ### charge and have them remove [email protected]! The inconvenience of having to wait on the phone to report a thief doing something they know is illegal. I work in the entertainment industry and i have contacted the local authorities.

You can just decide your gonna charge a $55.00 fee on top of a gas purchase!! Wtf are you doing!!!

Shell Gas Stationnot receiving correct change for purchase

I visited this Shell station, possibly a franchise, who refer to themselves as "Shady Oaks", located at 24905 US Highway 281 South in San Antonio TX, zip code [protected], phone number [protected], on September 1, 2016. I purchased 3 items for a total price of $6.46. I received $3.54 in change. However, I gave the cashier a $20.00 bill, so I was shorted $10.00. I folded the 3 one dollar bills with the coins and put them in my pocket without paying attention that I had been shorted. The cashier did not bag my items, she did not count my change out to me, and I had the sense that she was hurrying me. I discovered the mistake when I got home which was about 10 miles away. The next morning on Friday, 09-02-16, I returned to the store and explained to the Manager (Jay) what had happened. He was very cooperative and seemed to be genuinely concerned about the cashier's lack of "skills"and my missing $10.00. He hinted that she may have been stealing money since her register should have been $10.00 over and rather it was $10.00 under for her shift. Jay said, (and I quote), that "it wouldn't be the first time", (end quote), possibly referring to her or just past cashiers in general, I do not know. Jay said that he and the owner would review the video from a camera located over the register and would contact me with the results. He never called. I called back on Saturday, 09-03-16, and I was told that Jay would return on Tuesday, 09-06-16. Tuesday came and went, and again, he never called. I called the store again on Thursday, 09-08-16. The clerk said "that Jay was not in and that he did not know when he would be in, that day, or any other day." I was sure at this point that Jay was avoiding me. Today is 09-10-16 and he still has not called. I truly believe that I am the victim of theft. This store is located in a very isolated place ( about 10 miles south from downtown San Antonio) and I would assume that around 90% of their business is from locals who live within a 5 to 6 mile radius. This cashier would probably have known most (if not all) of her customers and therefore since I was not a local, or a repeat customer, she would have probably seen me as a traveler, someone who might be miles down the road before they realized that they were shortchanged, or in other words, a good "target". And since I never received a call from the Manger, Jay, who could have at least called to give me an update of his investigation, and who is obviously dodging me, then I have no choice but to assume that he too is involved in this theft, and that I may have been just one in a long list of people who are being shortchanged at this store as they travel up and down Highway 281 South.

• Es
                              estebanlopez9 Oct 25, 2016

Shell Gas station on 2270 Fair oaks blv in Sacramento ca have the rudest customer service, and you have to pay for gas in order to use the rest room at that location i understand that each station is independently owned but when I asked to her to see her rest room policies she said there isn't one so why do i have to purchase gas to use the rest room.

Shell Gas StaionI am complaining about an employee

Hello this morning I visited a shell gas station at 1720 pines blvd in miramar right next to the walmart. The problem I had was with an employee whose name tag said kachi. At first I went in the store he was leaning on the counter while there was a line backed up in which the other cashier was handling another customer, he finally said ill help you I ordered a black and mild and to my surprise it was cheap when he rang it up so I said to him sir can I get another one he then turned to me and said are you sure that is it, and stated I dont wanna be going back on forth, then he began screaming and yelling that I dont have a boss and being completely disrespectful he continued to cash me out not waiting for me to finish with my order in which I wanted gas also but he was so busy arguing and being so rude that I only ordered a small amout so I could make it to the next gas station. He is completely rude and unproffesional not the shell customer service im used to.

• Da
                                damionfran Sep 01, 2016

Hello this morning i visited a shell gas station at 1720 pines blvd in miramar right next to the walmart. The problem i had was with an employee whose name tag said Kachi . At first i went in the store he was leaning on the counter while there was a line backed up in which the other cashier was handling another customer, he finally said ill help you i ordered a black and mild and to my surprise it was cheap when he rang it up so i said to him sir can i get another one he then turned to me and said are you sure that is it, and stated i dont wanna be going back on forth, then he began screaming and yelling that i dont have a boss and being completely disrespectful he continued to cash me out not waiting for me to finish with my order in which i wanted gas also but he was so busy arguing and being so rude that i only ordered a small amout so i could make it to the next gas station. He is completely rude and unproffesional not the shell customer service im used to.

Shellnot selling tobacco / alcohol by government id

Date/time: 8/23/2016, around 5pm

Shell gas station (1 enterprise boulevard, yonkers, ny 10701)

Description: I was buying tobacco and alcohol at the gas station and the cashier refused to sell them to me stating she needs a us driving license.

I had two government issued ids in english with my birth date on them as well as a us-issued visa.

Why aren't you selling to us temp visitors?

I am particularly angry with this incident as I live in a hotel and there are no stores nearby, other than this gas station.

Shell U.K. Ltd. — Fake job interview invitation to london!

Last week there was a job posting on Linkedin for shell - project manager position. I've appiled and...