Having problems with Sephora?

1800 737 4072 (Mexico)
+1 877 737 4672 (USA & Canada)
+61 288 809 446 (Australia)
+64 48 880 102 (New Zealand)
+420 800 200 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 89 872 340 (Denmark)
+351 707 500 009 (Portugal)
+40 314 328 880 (Romania)
+852 58 085 441 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 263 002 (Indonesia)
+60 162 991 444 (Malaysia)
+63 26 263 336 (Philippines)
+65 31 631 032 (Singapore)
+66 22 690 692 (Thailand)
41 rue Ybry, PO Box: 92200

Jebel Ali Free Zone, PO Box 18536, Dubai, U.A.E

Brazil
Avenida das Américas, 700 block 8 - 317 C - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 22640-100

Complaints & Reviews

Sephora never, ever, ever going back

My two sisters and I walked into Sephora and asked if they would have time that day to do a consultation for one of my sisters. We were willing to come back when there was an available time. The woman we spoke to (yes, the MANAGER) said that everyone was on lunch at that time. I commented that we could come back when it was a better time. I started to ask if they would have time that day, and the manager interrupted me and just yelled out "NO!" We all stared at her in shock, she turned on her heel and walked away. I've never had good experiences at the Madison, Wi. store and now I know why. Because the manager is worse than all of them put together! Us girls walked straight out of Sephora, went into Boston Store to the Clinique counter, the woman (who happened to be alone at the time) gave my sister a full consultation, all of us little samples, and my older sister spent 200.00 there that she otherwise would have spent at Sephora. We have agreed not to "bother" the employees at Sephora anymore.

Sephora bad experience

I was in sephora the other dayy and they made me very uncomfortable they acted like I was about to steal some makeup every where I went some employee was following me & the lady handed me a basket for two things! the last straw was when the lady looked in my basket to see if I had the same stuff I gave her the stuff and left!

Sephora expedited shipping is a joke

I placed an order with Sephora .com 8 days ago, with 3 day shipping. As of today, the order still has not even shipped. I have e-mailed and called, only to be sent a generic e-mail (which made it obvious they had not even looked at my order) or told "it looks like its shipping today". 2 days later, it still has not shipped.

I was told I would be given 100 extra VIB points "for my trouble". Really? Any other business would have had the order at my house with normal shipping by now. How about just getting the product ordered (and paid for) to the customer in the posted time frame?

I will take my business elsewhere in the future.

Sephora bad customer service

I went to Sephora store at Chevy Chase, Maryland, to try to get some refund money I could not see back in my bank account.

After a few minutes between talking with a seller and the manager (Maria), the manager tried to identify the problem. Waiting for a few more minutes, she found that I received the refund in cash at the same day, thing I didn't remember and all of us- the manager, the seller and I- could not see that that information was written at the receipt.

The problem here is that the manager was really rude when she understood the mistake we all made. She was even sarcastic, when I asked if the product I just purchased (through a return) I should have used my Beauty Insider card. "Do you want me to use your card and you lose points in it? Because I can do that if you want to lose points...". Then she went back to the seller and both laughed, when she told the other woman about the cash refund.

My question here is what kind of preparation these people have to deal with public. And she was the store manager! I am very laid back (I am Brazilian), and she could totally have been nice about everyone's mistake: "Hey, just saw the refund was in cash...", instead of being rude or laugh at clients- or worse- calling me dumb when she asked if I wanted to use my card to lose points.

I was amazed, I confess. Recently I answered a survey about my experience at Sephora, and I would like to answer that again. In the last month I spent more than $400 in products there. My only reason to return would be definitely the products, not what the managers- such as Maria- has to offer to clients...

Please give better training to them!!

Sephora not canada friendly

The first of my complaints is with their pricing structure. Canadians are charged an average 15% more for items when converted to Canadian dollars (from their US base price). In case nobody at Sephora has noticed, the Cdn/US exchange rate has been either at or above par for nearly a year now. They are using a rate of exchange that that we have not seen since 2008. Do not be fooled by them telling you this price reflects taxes and duties on your order, because those charges are added IN ADDITION to the item pricing, at the bottom of your order. Price gouging much?

I wrote letter to Sephora's customer service, only to receive a boxed answer, that the Canadian pricing reflects the exchange rates, and taxes and duties, etc. Do they even READ customer complaints, or just pick any pre-constructed response to reply with? BS.

And now I'll address their joke of a shipping policy. First - Sephora seems to be the only online retailer who will NOT let Canadians choose a shipping address different from their billing address. Well guess what Sephora? Canadians work for a living too, and just like Americans, they're not always home during the day to receive a mail package. Why can you not ship my parcel to my place of work, so I don't have to waste 20 extra minutes at the end of my day driving across town to the post office and standing in a long line up just to receive my Sephora order.

And taking nearly 2 weeks to receive an 'expedited' package from the US to Canada is absolutely absurd. I've ordered from various online retailers all over the Continental US, and have NEVER had an order take that long to get here.

When I first started ordering from Sephora in 2007, I would get orders inside of a week. Now, it's pretty much 2 weeks. I call their customer service, and I get the privilege of talking to a robot, pre-formed answers they sound like they're reading out of a book, don't even listen to what the customer is saying. "Orders are shipped within 1-2 business days, then it takes that long to get through our Border Free service" yada yada yada. Someone over there in their shipping department is NOT doing their job - period.

I have even had a phone rep tell me if I didn't like the shipping times I could drive to a store in Toronto. Really now.

I've been an online customer for 4 years now, and spend an average $2, 400.00 a year in products, and generally enjoy the selection they offer -- but I see their level of customer service only deteriorating with time.

What they need is a little competition in the Canadian market, and perhaps they wouldn't be so arrogant.

Sephora customer service

This company has got to have the worse customer service I have ever dealt with. No longer able to make online purchases as they are trying to tell me that products I purchased last year were shipped to me and never paid for ($34). What? Have credit card statement showing the charge for the items and if the transaction had not gone through like they say, why would the items have been shipped? Totally rude customer service people (Val, April, Jody) and none will help resolve the issue or give me the name of a manager who will. Used to spend a ton of money with them but will no longer spend anything with them!

Sephora — rogelio disgusting rude awful jerk!

Rogelio, destroyed my love for Sephora, I’ve been coming here since I was a kid! But I have never been...

Sephora bad customer service for canadians

I wrote letter to Sephora's customer service, only to receive a boxed answer, that the Canadian pricing reflects the exchange rates, and taxes and duties, blah blah. Do they even READ customer complaints, or just pick any pre-constructed response to reply with? BS.

Sephora Make up Foreverrude staff

I went to Sephora Singapore in Great World City Yesterday, 12th March 2011 around 4 PM. Was looking at Make up Forever Aqua Cream Make up, i applied it on my lips to test and the Sephora staff walked up to me and said "You're not supposed to apply that on your lips, it is ONLY used for the eyes", I replied back and said MUFE site says this is a Multi-purpose make up that can be applied to lips, cheek and eyes and then the Rude [censored] employee said "It will make your lips very dry, its only used for the eye" and instead of helping me she just stood up in there and stared at me! What a rude dumb staff! Suggest Sephora SG to train your staff with the products that you're selling or improve customer service! If your staff is not there to help and instead tell me what I CANNOT do with a product that was advsertised for such, then better ask them to go home and do their homework!

• Po
                    pobarjenkins Mar 14, 2011

It seems to me like the saleperson acted fine.

• Re
                    RebeccaJ Apr 04, 2011

There are two separate aqua creams. One for eyes and cheeks, the others for lips and cheeks. So the sales person was simply trying to help you by telling you that it can't be put on lips, it's going to dry out. It sounds like she was looking out for, trying to make sure you didn't dry out your lips, or buy a product that you thought was going to do something it wasn't. I don't understand when you say you wanted her to help you instead of standing there and staring. What was she supposed to do, remove the stuff off your lips for you? She gave you the correct information about how to use the product, what you do with the information was not up to her. I believe she probably was rude like you said, but she wasn't wrong, and she's not dumb or hasn't been trained. Looks like maybe you need to do your homework.

Sephora — rude employees

I went to a sephora store at my local mall today with my sister and cousin, I always go there and they were...

Sephora — sephora scam!!!

I received a Canadian online order but it had NO packing slip in it!!! So then I made a call to the U.S. to...

Sephora — I was treated like garbage!

I was just completely treated like garbage at the Sephora in Wauwatosa, WI! I am not rich, but I spend so...

Sephora — refused to issue refund

This is a two pronged complaint against Sephora citing a behavioral pattern and a one time...

Sephora very disappointed at sephora, very bad experience

I had a very bad experience with my purchase at sephora. I purchased a cheek and lips stain at their place couples days ago. and I just opened the package. found the item was being used, as quite a lot of the liquid was missing. I emailed them and asking for a replacement. but they keep passing me through different dept. to follow up. it was very frustrating. at the end I had to call to the store and the girl told me all of the bottles are like that. thats impossible as I checked online and also the original brand store of the product. it was not missing that much.
                  I'm very very disappointed that sephora was selling me a return products that has been used by others and quite a lot. that was not so hygiene for lips products.

their staff is not helpful and rude. I will never buy anything there again.

Sephora.comI have been trying to get a refund since I returned 2 products on october 2009

I have been trying to get a refund since I returned 2 products October 2009. The purchase was made September 2009. First I was told that they never received the package. Then they found the package. Then they said the products were empty therefore they could not do the return. I disputed this since I knew for a fact that they were not empty. I was told they would mail the package to me so that I could see. I never received the package and then they claimed they did not know what I was talking about. After this no one could ever help me everytime I called back. My order#[protected] for $90.83. I am still pursuing this refund and will continue even though every time I call I am told that no one can see that a return was processed.

• Lo
                        lorrwill Jul 24, 2010

This is very disturbing. I am also waiting for a refund and have been told yes they have the return, not they don't have it, yes they have it again. Their customer service and inventory systems are the absolute worst. I will never buy from Sephora again.

• Pa
                        pattiled Dec 03, 2011

I have never had a problem with Sephora.com until now. I stayed up in the wee hours on Black Friday to get the $10.00 deals. I bought two Adora eau de parfums and another product, then requested my three little samples. They gave me only one Adora parfum, didn't give me my other product nor the little samples. The person who packed it marked it like all items were shipped including the samples, didn't leave their packer number on the slip. Sephora.com did not contact me, I had to contact them when my shipment came. I was told via email that they were out of stock for the Adora parfum and would refund my money on that without offering me something else for same value with that deal, told me basically too bad on the samples and not even an apology about my missing other product! Told me I had to wait approx 10 days to get my refund. (We'll see if they do that). I have been a Sephora customer for years! I even introduced my 60+ year old mother to Sephora.com online; I encourage people to shop with them. Well I'm not happy! I feel the company knew for a fact they were shorting people on their Black Friday deals and taking our money probably hoping others may not notice. It is false advertising, period. I suggest all of you ladies who have troubles with Sephora stores and online, and any other company, to email or write to your State's Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau - trust me it works and it helps other consumers. Thank you for letting me vent! PS: i have found I can get even better deals by shopping on eBay or going to the actual make-up manufacturers' website (i.e., UrbanDecay.com has better deals than Sephora - got the eyelid primer for $10 and no, I don't work for them LOL). Good luck ladies!

Sephora you wont receive what they advertise

OK so b-day gift offers! Well each year they send you a little free gift thing... But every single year it's actually something different then what they advertized that you get!!! I mean really why bother sending a gift if it's going to be something totally different that you will be getting?! I know it's free and all but the one that they actually sent as the gift seemed really too good to be true and it was!!!

Sephora the girl at the counter was so rude to me that i've decided to never ever shop there again

I recently hit Sephora Novato Ca! Returned a few items that were not to my liking... The girl at the counter was so rude to me that I've decided to never ever shop there again! She sneered at me the entire time I walked around the store and now I'm writing a complaint!

• Gi
                            GIGIBlayze Jun 03, 2010

I shop (ped) there very often in Staten Island, NY. Well last time I went, I had about $500 worth of perfume in my basket and proceeded to the makeup. I was almost finished when one of the sales people that had been hounding me for the past hour said to me "Oh did you just get your income tax check?" I found that very offensive. I was dressed down, in sweats and my hair had a mind of it's own on this rainy winter night. I usually shop in NJ but went to this Sephora in Staten Island because of the availability of a certain perfume I wanted right away. NEVER AGAIN.

Looking back, I wished I would've responded with what I was thinking to myself everytime one of the sales people was up my ###: Wow, look at these chicks, they look like they've been up all night from being a "last call" pick up. Why would anyone trust their advice on beauty products? The only person I would let help me was the nice gay boy who noticed that my blouse was Chanel circa 1998.

Well, their loss. Too bad they were too snooty for their own good!

• So
                            sonicusedtorock Jun 03, 2010

@blackirishteen

I wonde**(remove 4)** if you were on your best behavior yourself. Sorry, just trying to give you all the help I can on your spelling and grammer. Hope this helped.

• So
                            sonicusedtorock Jun 03, 2010

I'm sorry, I am not the child here. It is most obviously you. When you check out your user profile, you can see that you are not here to post a complaint yourself. You are merely here to get some sick humor out of antagonizing others who just have a legit complaint to make. You have 19 responses to complaints, all meaningless, childish, or completely unrelated to the situation/complaint at hand. I am going to treat you like the child you are.

Sephora I returned an item over 41 days ago and still haven't received my money

I returned an item over 41 days ago, when i phone them, i get the same response, "wait a few days more"!. Sent over 7 e-mails, they responded once! I used the label that was included with my order, and mailed it at my local post office.They will not help me in this matter.

• Lo
                              lorrwill Jul 24, 2010

I am sad to see this because it confirms they do this as a policy, not as an occasional error.

I am also waiting for a credit and am getting the run around. First they said they had no record of the return and that it would take 30 days.
                              It took nearly 2 weeks for them to acknowledge the return but still after another 2 weeks, not credit.
                              They then said they had no record of the return again.
                              Then after I demanded an immediate refund, back peddled and said they did get the return and the credit is "in process".
                              This has taken far, far too long and the changing stories are very disturbing.
                              I will never order from Sephora again.

Sephora they just don't care about their consumers

I wish I read the reviews on this site before I bought from Sephora. They shipped my order (my birthday present to myself) minus my free Sephora birthday present, perks, or free samples and then didn't answer my emails to the help department. So I finally called and the "help" line rep basically said it must have been my fault and offered nothing in the way of help. Not even to ship the items at a later date. The perks and freebies were pretty much the only reason to order from sephora. They are pricey and the stuff is almost always readily available elsewhere. My advice...go elsewhere. They just don't care about their consumers.

Sephora they lost me forever

I have been a steady customer since they came to NY Recently I bought several things including a Stila primer, whose pump didn't work. I tried to exchange it the following day, with the receipt, my credit card and my'beauty insiders card'. They wouldn't exchange it without 'state issued i.d.'. They didn't need onethe night before when I spent the almost $100. I wasnt asking for a refund nor a credit -merely a functioning bottle. They lost me forever.

• Re
                                  RebeccaJ Apr 04, 2011

Just a heads up, at some businesses it's their policy to ask for ID if you're returning something over a certain amount of money, or if you don't have your receipt, or if it's broken...one reason or another. So the sales person could just have been following procedure, I don't know. At certain places I've worked, the computer will literally not allow me to proceed with the return or exchange until I've typed in the ID number & a few other bits of info.