Having problems with Sephora?

1800 737 4072 (Mexico)
+1 877 737 4672 (USA & Canada)
+61 288 809 446 (Australia)
+64 48 880 102 (New Zealand)
+420 800 200 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 89 872 340 (Denmark)
+351 707 500 009 (Portugal)
+40 314 328 880 (Romania)
+852 58 085 441 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 263 002 (Indonesia)
+60 162 991 444 (Malaysia)
+63 26 263 336 (Philippines)
+65 31 631 032 (Singapore)
+66 22 690 692 (Thailand)
41 rue Ybry, PO Box: 92200

Bucuresti, sector 3, Splaiul Unirii, β„– 165, TN2 Offices

Spain
Calle Alfonso XII, 34 BJ Izq., 28014 Madrid

China
3F, Sephora Flagship Store, β„– 993 Nanjing West Road, Jing'an District, Shanghai

UAE
Jebel Ali Free Zone, PO Box 18536, Dubai, U.A.E

Brazil
Avenida das Américas, 700 block 8 - 317 C - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 22640-100

Complaints & Reviews

I will never order from sephora again

I called Sephora, asked if UPS Ground requires a signature, as I work full time. I then placed a several hundred dollar order. I called customer service and again verified that no signature would be required, I was assured everything would be fine. Guess what-- I checked UPS online and discovered they were unable to delivered as there was NO ONE TO SIGN. I now have to drive 20 miles to UPS to get my package. Sephora doesn't know what to say other than UPS says I can pick up my package with a government issued id. I live in a good neighborhood. I will never order from Sephora again.

• Li
    LittlLilly Jun 03, 2016

I placed an online order with them on Wednesday March 10, 2010. The billed my CC at once (how nice), but they shipped my order FOUR calendar days later (excluding Wednesday)--on Monday March 15, 2010.

When I contacted their customer service re my order, they just sent me a standard e-mail about their shipping procedures (did they even read my e-mail?).

I am long-time customer and a Beauty Insider, and I am very disappointed with Sephora .

was treated like crap

The first time I went to Sephora - I loved it. I was treated like royalty. I am not pretty or rich... I was truly amazed. Then I went to another Sephora and was treated like crap. NONE of the employees acknowledge me or anything.

They gave me looks like - what do you want. I left feeling like crap.

• Ka
    Katerae5 Sep 05, 2010

I just had the SAME experience at the Sephora closest to me. I am not rich, but I spend so much money there. No one was helping me (literally treating me like I was invisible when I did ask). I was looking for a replacement for my Kat Von D Lucifer Mascara. Well, none was on the shelf display, so I opened up the drawer underneath where all the extras go. I had been there multiple times where what I wanted didn't appear to be in stock, so when I asked a salesperson, they said, "Oh, well for the future, if it's not on display, you can open up the drawer and it almost always is down there!" Ok, so with no one helping me, even though there was a saleswoman directly behind me who would neither greet me or help me as I was hunting for someone to help... I opened up the drawer, not even putting my hand in it... just looking. So that got the saleswoman's attention immediately, as she jumped right behind me, and I quote... said the following, " MISS... YOU ARE MAKING ME UNCOMFORTABLE!" What just happened? I was treated by her like a common thief! Oh my goodness! I have NEVER in my life been treated that way by ANYONE! I didn't act, look, dress or behave as if I was anything BUT a paying customer! I am so appalled! I went to that store for the countless time to buy makeup and I was treated like garbage by one woman in particular! Everyone else was kind as usual! I don't understand! I had one young man one time assist me the entire time I was there, walking me around, helping me with everything! That is the kind of service I expect from an upscale store such as Sephora! I am so disappointed. I am going to purchase my makeup at the department stores where I used to from now on. I NEVER want to feel belittled like that again! I kept my cool to save for an email, but it took everything I had to walk away without saying anything after my purchases!

• Ih
    Ihatesephora Dec 18, 2010

I am no longer a dedicated customer to Sephora. I spend so much money there and was treated like I was nothing. The manager laughed and rolled her eyes at me when I tried returning something that caused me to break out. This was the first time I returned something and I spend thousands at the hell hole. If anyone is looking to buy makeup, you are better off at department store like Nordstrom or Macy, at least they aren't rude to you and follow you around like you are a thief. Not only that I think they don't hire color people because I never seen color people working at all the 11 Sephora I visited around where I live. Anyways I'm never shopping at that store ever again. Everyone should stop being a sucker for that place. I love Nars so I'll stick to buying it from Nordstrom.

product shortage

My mom & me have been a loyal Sephora customer, & one product that we constantly need & buy is the double...

I'll never go there again

I usually order online from them, but I moved and now live by one. So I went in there for the first time and was really excited. But as soon as I walked in the employees looked at me like I didn't belong and didn't ask if I needed help.

Since it was my first time I didn't know where anything was so I was wandering around like a lost puppy and they still didn't say anything to me even though they looked right at me.

Finally I asked where a product was and they were very relucant to help. The person I asked was just standing around and wasn't doing anything, not even talking to another employee. As I walked toward her she had this look like "omg what do you want?"

Anyway, I'll never go there again, I prefer Ulta anyway. Oh and I was dressed nicely and my makeup was done well so it's not like I was in jeans and a tshirt w/ no makeup, so idk what their deal was.

concerned about the time it takes for sephora to credit charge cards

Placed an order online. Wrong items received (January 20, 2010). Called immediately and I was told that there was a computer problem and the order number of the item I wanted was linking to another item, the one I was sent. I was told to reurn the item (this was done the next day - January 23, 2010) and my VISA would be credited immediately--I was told tthe credit would be processed immediately because the error was Sephora's, not mine. I was also told my VISA would be credited for the return shipping costs since the mistake resulting in my returning item was Sephora's). Because I still wanted the item I originally ordered, I was told they would get in touch with me when the computer problem was fixed and I could re-order. This was done and my VISA was charged (that was fast!). A month later, and I still haven't received the credit for the original error/return nor have I received the credit for the return shipping costs. I am told the credit will be put through now and I can expect to see the credit on my VISA in 7 to 10 business days. I have had no explanation for why the credit is just being put through now and why it wasn't put through immediately as I was told when I first called on Janaury 22, 2010. Do they only credit an account after several upset phone calls? Will I be calling Sephora again in 7 to 10 business days asking again when I can expect to see the credit?

I won't be taking the risk of ordering from Sephora again.

worst customer service - downright rude

Worst customer service at Sephora.com. They are probably the most unprofessional business I have ever had the...

very disturbed

I am very disturbed by the things I see from sephora and its employees i am a professional person whom makes 7 figures and I am african american they follow you around the store, they do not give me the same service as other clients, they assume your stealing, they talk about you on the radios they wear on their ears. they treat you in a very discriminatory way. I travel and it is not just one location it is company wide. Its sickening and I personally plan to take action and make sure that people know what their doing and find out just how many others they are doing it to.

• Sh
    Shelly43 Mar 08, 2013

As an ex Sephora employee, I can tell you that we do not target a specific race or gender. If you look suspicious in anyway (looking around to see if you are being watched, have a large open handbag...etc.) we will watch you and notify other employees to watch you. Your race and gender do not matter. Instead of being concerned about whether or not they are watching you and talking about you, just go in there and shop! If you are that aware that they are watching you, you probably look suspicious becasue you are constantly watching to see if you are being watched. Every time I go to Ulta with my teen daughter, she goes to look at what she is interested in and the security immediately follows her, practically on top of her. It's hard not to notice this but I don't get upset about it. Apparently this African American security guard thinks that all Caucasian teenage girls are shoplifters. My daughter and I laugh about it, we don't constantly watch to see if he is watching her!

extremely poor service

I made a purchase online at Sephora on December 14th. The website stated all orders would be fufilled within 1-2 days. After 4 business days I called and was told they were "behind" and they would ship my order that evening. The next day my order still had not shipped, I called again and was told someone would call me back. No-one called me back I called again and was told they couldn't tell me when my order would be shipped and I could not cancel my order, however a supervisor would call me back. Of course, no-one did. I will not have my products by Christmas. Sephora has extremely poor service.

hate sephora Jun 26, 2010

Yes, i hate sephora too.

hate sephora Jun 26, 2010

don't buy anything at sephora. go to the original brand store instead. they don't deserve to have any customer at all for such poor services.

false accusation

I was falsely accused of felony theft at Sephora. I was physically attacked by a 250 pound man and a large woman not in clothing which would indicate they worked for the store. I was detained, my personal belogings thrown on the floor, and I was informed that if I did not have a receipt for every item I had in my bag that it was a theft.

I spent 16 hours in Jail and am going to be taking this to the highest level I can. The Loss Prevention Manager ANDREW is not of sound mind. He freely spoke in my presence about trying to be hired as a NYC police officer and not passing the psychiatric exam.

If anyone reading this has had a similar experience in this store please post about it. I am not allowing myself to be falsely accused, and professionally destroyed by a person who is unprofessional and mentally unsound.

Thank you.

sent me wrong product

I recently purhcased a product from sephora and they sent me the wrong product. On my invoice, I ordered the Murad Clarifying Cleanser, however, I received the Murad Clarifying Toner. I contacted customer service about the mistake and I sent back the item. However, it has been 4 weeks, and I still have not received the correct item. I contacted customer service, and they have not been helpful at all!

sephora rerturn / refund

I ordered 2 trial size items online and returned them the same way. When I did not receive my refund they 1st claimed they did not receive the return. Later they claimed they did find it. Then they said that they did not process the refund because the trial products were empty. I know this is NOT true. I know I did not return them empty for a fact! Yes, I had tried them. Then the girl says they were mostly empty. Each time I had to call and argue. Finally they said they would return the package back to me. But no refund. That was a month ago. When I called again today they are now telling me that only 1 girl had been handling my issue and that she's not in so that there's nothing I can do but to call back AGAIN and discuss the issue with her. No one else would help me as they said it's all hers and only hers and that when 1 person handles the issue they have to follow through themselves and that no one else can handle. The person who I have been dealing with is Caroline who is rude and obviously makes statements and judgements without actually looking into it herself. I had asked her at the last call if she had seen for herself that the bottles were empty or mostly empty and she said "no" that she had only taken what a warehouse worker had told her. RIDICULOUS. I DON'T HAVE A REFUND OR THE PRODUCTS RETURNED AS SHE STATED!!!

hate sephora Jun 26, 2010

I had a very bad experience with my purchase at sephora. I purchased a cheek and lips stain at their place couples days ago. and i just opened the package. found the item was being used, as quite a lot of the liquid was missing. i emailed them and asking for a replacement. but they keep passing me through different dept. to follow up. it was very frustrating. at the end i had to call to the store and the girl told me all of the bottles are like that. thats impossible as i checked online and also the original brand store of the product. it was not missing that much.
    I'm very very disappointed that sephora was selling me a return products that has been used by others and quite a lot. that was not so hygiene for lips products.

their staff is not helpful and rude. i will never buy anything there again.

return

I should at this point have learned my lesson with this store as they are always so rude, nasty and condescending. However, certain things I can only get at Sephora and have had to resort to buying online as I REFUSE to enter their store and be treated like garbage. Well, colors and products are not always as they appear online and so I sent my husband in to return some things today. They told him, "it would be much easier on everyone if your wife didn't buy Sephora merchandise any longer as she obviously does not like any of our products. We lose a lot of money taking things she doesn't like back."

Excuse me?? I thought they were always so happy to return anything with or with out a receipt. They pride themselves on this.

Their staff crosses the line every time. I've contacted their corporate office many times and they are just as bad.

• Bl
    blackcircle Sep 28, 2009

If you used a credit card to make purchases you can tell them they overcharged you.

scam charges

I would not purchase any item from Sephora until I know I love it and second thing, I am willing to swap or sell it if I'm not happy with my purchase. They do not seem to have any written policy for returns of items purchased with gift certificate. I purchased an item from them, I didn't like it really as it was not what it was shown so I phoned them, a rep told me that my refund check will come in within few day. They didn't send me check as told so I called them again this time someone told me that I will receive another product in exchange. I thought of taking chance and call them one more time as still there was no product. This time the rep was surprised that someone had told me I will receive a product in exchange!.. Finally it worked out, I receive my product and also got charged $25 for that product!!...

• Ti
    Tina_W Oct 10, 2009

I used to enjoy ordering online with Sephora-now their customer service is quite bad.

anonymous_user_101 Feb 24, 2011

Awww...that wasn't fair at all!!! How could they not have a security camera in-store as if like they're TOO POOR to afford one especially since it's a franchised store chain?! I'd say that you should go file a lawsuit against them in order to get your dignity back as I think it's probably permanent in your records now!!! Sephora is a FAILURE!!!

very rude

Anyway, I'll never go there again, I prefer Ulta anyway.

• Br
    BraG66 Sep 24, 2009

The first time I went to Sephora - I loved it. I was treated like royalty.
    I am not pretty or rich... I was truly amazed.

They gave me looks like - what do you want. I left feeling like crap.

service

Today I went to Sephora at the Boca Raton Mall. I was looking at some scrubs and decided to try a few...

did not receive merchandise I paid for

I placed 2 orders the same business day back in May of this year, called the company which they say they have...