Having problems with Sephora?

1800 737 4072 (Mexico)
+1 877 737 4672 (USA & Canada)
+61 288 809 446 (Australia)
+64 48 880 102 (New Zealand)
+420 800 200 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 89 872 340 (Denmark)
+351 707 500 009 (Portugal)
+40 314 328 880 (Romania)
+852 58 085 441 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 263 002 (Indonesia)
+60 162 991 444 (Malaysia)
+63 26 263 336 (Philippines)
+65 31 631 032 (Singapore)
+66 22 690 692 (Thailand)
41 rue Ybry, PO Box: 92200

Brazil
Avenida das Américas, 700 block 8 - 317 C - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 22640-100

Complaints & Reviews

Sephora poor experience

I recently visited Sephora (Sydney. Australia) and I never ever had such a poor experience in a cosmetic shop…I will never buy anything from Sephora here in Australia! Most goods are overpriced; the service was not poor. I purchased three 50g face creams of Lancôme (Genifique) and asked if they have any samples as it is a norm to get something when you make a purchase overseas. In Paris, for example, I got about a dozen of different samples!!! In Sydney they asked me what I was after and what in particular I wanted to try and then they will consider if they will be able to give some samples. I explained that I wanted to try: Youth Day Crème, Spot Eraser and Advanced Time Zone Wrinkle creams if possible. Then….a Sephora representative took three small empty plastic boxes (probably about 5g) and put some cream for me OUT OF OPEN BOXES on the shelves!!!
I was just shocked; they even do not have proper new packed samples to give away!!!
She did not fill the small boxes but put only a few drops…. How any person is able to sample the product if it is only a few drops…

Sephora — dishonesty

I placed an order online at Sephora .com. As usual they offer deluxe samples if you buy a certain product or...

Sephora — return policy

Today I went to return make-up at Sephora and was denied the return by The Retail Equation. I am appalled...

Sephora — wasn't treated fairly while applying for a job

I went into Sephora today to apply for a job and left feeling awful about the experience. I'm a makeup...

Sephorapromtotal scam and no delivery

I ordered dress from Sephoraprom and paid about $800. After 3 months I haven’t received my order, so I contacted the seller and asked to provide money back. The seller promised to deliver my dress within several weeks, after that I again haven’t received it. I contacted the seller, and again some fake promises and excuses. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

• Pa
        PalmGirl Mar 14, 2013

I purchased prom dress which arrived from Sephoraprom as a counterfeit from China. There is no customer service number to call, only email. They are not replying to my emails, where I ask to return the dress and have my charge card credited.

Sephora — rude staff

I hope this gets something done...Its to do with the incredibly rude behaviour of the staff at the Sephora...

Dhahran

Sephora bad service

I had make 3 purchase order through sephora online us and been rejected for no reason. They promised to refund money in 7 working days.
      My first transaction is on Nov 19, yet until today DEC 5, I did not receive any refund and reply email from sephora.
      I had been sending out alot emails, due to I currently in Malaysia, I am not able to call sephora toll free no.
      I wonder when can I receive my refund, total 3 purchase is a large amount for me! I can't get my product, I can't get my refund and sephora didn't even provide me a reason of order cancel! I am very disappointed why such a global company will have such a bad services!!!

bad service

Sephora — customer service @ guildford mall

I came in to search for the right cleanser for my skin. I'm used to shopping at the Sephora at Metrotown...

Surrey

Sephora.comcustomer service

I have spent a lot of money shopping on Sephora.com. They have a great selection, and the freebies you get with each order are awesome! Out of my many orders, I received only one with a missing item. Never the wrong item they are good about that. I called, was on hold for a long time, hung up. I emailed customer service and they said they can't do anything online, I have to call. With my busy schedule, I called a few times and was on wait for so long I couldn't complete the call. 6 weeks later I finally got through and the representative was RUDE as can be, told me I would be getting my money back in my account, 4 weeks later it still hasn't happened. Moral of the story: someone in the order fulfillment area signed the order, each item, but left out a 25.00 item and I have NOT been reimbursed. I will go back to ULTA.

Sephora Mallthey will now not replace the correct perfume or refund it.

I ordered perfume while shopping in Sephora Mall. They sold me the wrong. We sent it back when the company told us that they would send the correct one. However the perfume we sent back got lost in the post or so they say! They will now not replace the correct perfume or refund it.

Sephora — rude

I have mixed reviews. I enjoyed shopping at the sephora at the Jcpenny store, that I went to on Sunday, but...

Sephora.commisleading &expedited& shipping

I recently placed a large order on Sephora.com and selected 3- day shipping. After waiting 5 days for my products to arrive, I contacted customer service and asked for a refund for the expedited shipping charge of $3.00. A customer service rep emailed me back and said Sephora does not refund shipping charges, and 3-day shipping is actually 3-5 day shipping PLUS a 1-2 day processing time. So I basically paid Sephora $3.00 for normal 5-7 day shipping, and according to Customer Service, I am never getting that money back. Needless to say, I will never order from them again. I wanted to make other consumers aware of Sephora's "3-day" shipping so they avoid loosing money too.

Sephora — worst store manager and customer service

I went in to the Sephora Flatorin location this morning to return a moisturizer that messed up my skin. I...

Sephora — rudeness

I was shopping at was one of my favorite stores Sephora, (past tense) and Angela ( she called herself the...

Sephora.comfalse advertisement

I have never had a problem with Sephora.com until now. I stayed up in the wee hours on Black Friday to get the $10.00 deals. I bought two Adora eau de parfums and another product, then requested my three little samples. They gave me only one Adora parfum, didn't give me my other product nor the little samples. The person who packed it marked it like all items were shipped including the samples, didn't leave their packer number on the slip. Sephora.com did not contact me, I had to contact them when my shipment came. I was told via email that they were out of stock for the Adora parfum and would refund my money on that without offering me something else for same value with that deal, told me basically too bad on the samples and not even an apology about my missing other product! Told me I had to wait approx 10 days to get my refund. (We'll see if they do that). I have been a Sephora customer for years! I even introduced my 60+ year old mother to Sephora.com online, bless my sweet Mom's heart she just bought me a $100+ bottle of Chanel parfum for Christmas to have shipped to me and here I am realizing how jerky this business is. I have encouraged so many people to shop with them - well no more and the word will get out. Well I'm not happy! I feel the company knew for a fact they were shorting people on their Black Friday deals and taking our money probably hoping others may not notice. It is false advertising, period. I suggest all of you ladies who have troubles with Sephora stores and online, and any other company, to email or write to your State's Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau - trust me it works and it helps other consumers. Thank you for letting me vent!

• Lo
                  Lola062 Dec 07, 2011

Should advertise and take someone's money if they don't have the product. Period. Heck! They didn't even get my online order right and it wasn't even on Black Friday, "hmmm."!

Sephora rude worker

I was at Sephora the other day, and one of the ladies working there was cussing, and my boyfriend told her to watch her mouth, so she rudely turned around and ignored him. I went up to her at this point, and asked if there was a problem, and she turned to my boyfriend and said "Get your dog on a leash." I have made it a GOAL to never shop there again. This was the most terrible experience I have ever had, and I am calling this woman in.

• Wh
                    Whatever10 Oct 17, 2011

Well honey if someones bf told me to "watch my mouth" he'd get cussed out for telling me that. Who the hell is he?! He needs to be put on a damn leash like she said! LOL!

You should had picked up your stuff and kept moving or leave and go to another Sephora.

Btw, get some better goals for your life honey. haha

• Th
                    That bitch Oct 17, 2011

Wow to the idiots who responded to my letter. That dumb ### has no right telling me to watch my language and she when my girlfriend asked if she has a problem she had no right to tell her to put me on a leach. I am not a dog. So to those who replied to me go [censored] yourselves because that ### needs to know there is this thing called freedom of expression and since there were no kids in the store why the [censored] should she have asked me to watch my language. She also refused to serve us because of my language. I am not her child so she has no right to tell me to watch my language.

• Wh
                    Whatever10 Oct 17, 2011

Wait! If there is a freedom of expression and since there were no kids in the store, why couldn't she cuss without you saying anything to her about it? It's freedom of expression right?! You just said it yourself you!

What a loser to have her bf or whoever "that ###" is to come on here and act like a damn [censored] lol

Sephora worst customer service of my life

The manager on duty at the Valley Fair Sephora on Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 7pm was so rude! I bought the airbrushing makeup machine at the store but they were out of my color so I ordered online. I got it in the mail and it came broken. I went to return and the manger on duty said its not her problem and she doesnt work for the online store. All I wanted was a fixed makeup pod, i spent a lot of money on this machine. I dont know why the Asain manager on duty was being so MEAN! she told me that if i didnt like what she was telling me that I could go ahead and return the entire machine online... I didnt want to return it, I just wanted one that worked! :-( Now i regret ever buying anything at Sephora.

All I want is what I paid for, a working foundation pod color #6.

Sephora.comscam

Do not purchase from sephora.com!! I spent over $700.00 online at sephora.com, was supposed to receive countless promised promotions and free stuff after any purchase over $350.00... Contacted customer service 6 times to upgrade my online account status to receive said promos... Not one person could help me over a 2 and 1/2 month span of calling every 10 days!!! Sales associates even lied to me and refused to let me speak to a supervisor... Truly unbelievable. Take your business elsewhere folks.

• Pa
                        pattiled Dec 03, 2011

I have never had a problem with Sephora.com until now. I stayed up in the wee hours on Black Friday to get the $10.00 deals. I bought two Adora eau de parfums and another product, then requested my three little samples. They gave me only one Adora parfum, didn't give me my other product nor the little samples. The person who packed it marked it like all items were shipped including the samples, didn't leave their packer number on the slip. Sephora.com did not contact me, I had to contact them when my shipment came. I was told via email that they were out of stock for the Adora parfum and would refund my money on that without offering me something else for same value with that deal, told me basically too bad on the samples and not even an apology about my missing other product! Told me I had to wait approx 10 days to get my refund. (We'll see if they do that). I have been a Sephora customer for years! I even introduced my 60+ year old mother to Sephora.com online; I encourage people to shop with them. Well I'm not happy! I feel the company knew for a fact they were shorting people on their Black Friday deals and taking our money probably hoping others may not notice. It is false advertising, period. I suggest all of you ladies who have troubles with Sephora stores and online, and any other company, to email or write to your State's Attorney General and the Better Business Bureau - trust me it works and it helps other consumers. Thank you for letting me vent! PS: i have found I can get even better deals by shopping on eBay or going to the actual make-up manufacturers' website (i.e., UrbanDecay.com has better deals than Sephora - got the eyelid primer for $10 and no, I don't work for them LOL). Good luck ladies!

Sephora worst customer service

Worst customer service at Sephora .com. They are probably the most unprofessional business I have ever had the misfortune of having to deal with. When a supervisor was unable to resolve my issue, I asked for her name in reference to the call, the 'supervisor' at Sephora.com replied "I already gave you my name at the beginning of the call", she then refused to give me an address to make a complaint to, refused to give me her supervisor's name, and then said that she was hanging up on me (and proceeded to hang up). When I phoned back to speak with another supervisor, my account clearly had notes attached to it, and I was left on hold for 20 minutes and then refused service. Now - you might think that I had been extremely angry during the first call, or maybe I did something to provoke this type of treatment. But, in reality, I just wanted to resolve my issue (concerning gift cards), and when one person couldn't take care of it, I politely asked to speak to someone higher up, as is everyone's right as a consumer.

I had been a long time customer and a "VIB" (a meaningless tag that is in fact a flagrant marketing attempt to create consumer loyalty). Once I am refunded the amount of my gift cards, I will definitely take my business elsewhere, and will let my friends know about this as well. I recommend Nordstrom - their customer service team is always professional, and they would never treat their customers in this manner.

Shame on you Sephora.com customer service management. You are an integral link to customers at Sephora.com, and your actions convey nothing more than a sham of a business.

Sephora super rude when you return an item!

I recently hit Sephora Novato Ca!
                        Returned a few items that were not to my liking...
                        The girl at the counter was so rude to me that I've decided to never ever shop there again! She sneered at me the entire time I walked around the store and now I'm writing a complaint !

• We
                            wearsuscreen Oct 15, 2011

I agree. I love Sephora and have spent thousands of dollars in there over the years and whenever I see somebody come in for a return I always hear the cashier be so mean and snooty. They act like a company that prides themselves on accepting returns but then they tell their customers things like " you know we have to throw these away right?". If their policy is no questions asked, then they shouldn't ask. Period. Usually the sales people know me so they let me test things out until my hearts content but at newer locations I have been followed around and stared at the whole time I was looking around and I DONT care for that type of behavior.