Having problems with Sephora?

1800 737 4072 (Mexico)
+1 877 737 4672 (USA & Canada)
+61 288 809 446 (Australia)
+64 48 880 102 (New Zealand)
+420 800 200 111 (Czech Republic)
+45 89 872 340 (Denmark)
+351 707 500 009 (Portugal)
+40 314 328 880 (Romania)
+852 58 085 441 (Hong Kong)
+62 217 263 002 (Indonesia)
+60 162 991 444 (Malaysia)
+63 26 263 336 (Philippines)
+65 31 631 032 (Singapore)
+66 22 690 692 (Thailand)
41 rue Ybry, PO Box: 92200

UAE
Jebel Ali Free Zone, PO Box 18536, Dubai, U.A.E

Brazil
Avenida das Américas, 700 block 8 - 317 C - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - CEP 22640-100

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Sephora.

Complaints & Reviews

Sephora — florida mall: jcpenny sephora

As it was my birthday I went into Sephora to redeem my gift and the woman on the cash register was so rude...

Sephora misleading store hours of operation

Wednesday, August 23, 2017
On Google search, in the website and all online info about the Saphora store at the Coconut Point Mall in Espero, FL, is posted that the store is open on Wednesdays to 9:00PM. I rushed just so I can make it before 9:00PM today and was at the door at 8:54PM. THE DOOR WAS LOCKED.
All I wanted was a Dior eye liner 181. I know exactly were to get it from and needed no more than 2 min to complete my purchase.
It took me 22 min to drive to the store and just about the same time back - just to figure that the store hires employees who rather talk to each other around the center of the store with doors LOCKED than helping customers. Please, do not mislead people with false advertising that the store is open till 9:00 PM. Extremely disappointed and outraged that you waste peoples time with zero to NO regards for your customers.
What to expect next - the doors to lock 40 min before the officially published time of CLOSING or maybe whenever the employees who clearly don't enjoy working there choose to go?!?
I will try to go elsewhere from now on.
Laura Kheir

Sephora very poor service

Sending products to customers that has broken seals, after two replacements, they still sent me one with a broken seal. How can this possibly happen? This wasted so much of my time and have stressed me out so much. What a complete nightmare to deal with them!

1:22 PM (9 minutes ago)

to Sephora
    I just got the replacement and of course you never fail to disappoint me. How can your warehouse check stocks and send me another broken seal box of a product? You think another free sample can appease me?

I still don't have time to go down to Auspost to return the other one. This is just a complete nightmare!!! I will never ever buy from your online store or maybe from your stores too.

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 at 4:10 PM Sephora Australia wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Aug 16, 14:10 +08
    Hi Paula,

The replacement order is on the way, you may track it here :

Couriers Please
    JOB ID: CPA09XZ1598500

Do let me know if you have received your parcel and let me know the condition.

Have a lovely day ahead!

Aug 15, 16:10 +08
    Hmm, ok. Of course, it's not shocking everything is slow and delayed. I will only post the return once I got the replacement as it seems like you are very slow in everything. Sephora Australia is really disappointing.

Aug 15, 16:07 +08
    Hi Paula,
    Rest assured that the replacement request is ongoing. I am sorry for the delay as our warehouse is still checking all products in stock.

Aug 15, 13:15 +08
    Hi Fritzie,

I got the return label now. I want the replacement to be processed and sent to me before I head down to Auspost to lodge my return.
    Do you have any updates regarding the replacement? Thanks

Aug 14, 17:00 +08
    So what does that mean? When am I getting the replacement? I didn't recieve any return label.

Aug 14, 16:57 +08
    Hi Paula,

I have sent a request for a replacement and an inspection before sending out so we can ensure we have the box sealed properly. The return label has been sent as well, do let me know once it has been returned, so our warehouse can out this in inventory.

Cheers.

Aug 14, 13:41 +08
    Hi Fritzie, I hope it'll be processed and sent soon and there will be no problems with the seal or product. Please update me as soon as you can. Thanks

Aug 14, 13:11 +08
    Hi Paula,

The request is being processed. I am waiting for the tracking number. I will update you as soon as I get an update.

Cheers!

Aug 14, 08:05 +08

Any follow up please?!! Thanks

Aug 11, 09:37 +08
    Hi Fritzie,

At the moment because I have already wasted so much time and effort - I wouldn't want to waste my time going to your store. So please just issue another replacement asap and make sure the seal is not broken this time.

Thank you.

Aug 11, 08:46 +08
    Hi Paula,
    I am sorry as I am unsure what is the cause of this, I will request for collection for the item and I will wait for an advise from our warehouse to check on the remaining stock. As an alternative offer, you may want to have a refund instead so you can buy in the nearest Sephora store and inspect it physically, I will also reinstate the voucher you used for the purchase.

Let me know what you prefer.

Aug 10, 14:54 +08
    Hi Fritzie,

I am not sure what to do really. This is utterly distressing, how can I make sure if I once again return this and get a replacement that I will get a box that has sealed unbroken? You've wasted so much of my time and caused irritation.

Go ahead and process a return and replacement. And can you please give me a better solution to this? Honestly I don't want to waste any of my time anymore. I am completely appalled about this online purchase. Getting bonus samples/discount cannot suffice the trouble it has given me. I should have just bought in the store and that would be it.

PLEASE PUT A STOP TO THIS. I am so over it. Thanks

Aug 10, 14:47 +08
    Hi Paula,

I am sorry that you have received another item which has a slightly removed seal. I have highlighted this to our warehouse team. May I know if you want me to collect that again and I will replace the item. I am also unsure why this keeps on happening, so I have raised an investigation on the remaining stock.

Aug 10, 11:49 +08
    If I only knew this would happen, I should have just not bothered returning the old one, I've wasted my time and got frustrated with your bad customer support and wasn't able to use the product immediately.

This is hilarious!!! I am not sure how are you going to able to handle this issue that seems to be never-ending! I didn't even get email or call from you. I did give you my number in previous emails.

[protected] (9am-5pm AEST)
    [protected] (after work hours)

VERY DISAPPOINTING!!

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Paula Hernandez wrote:

Picture of the product - it doesn't properly fit in the box. Earlier photo seems to be broken.

Aug 10, 11:09 +08

Aug 10, 08:32 +08
    My disappointment is beyond words now! So you sent me a replacement of with another broken seal and the device seems to be removed from packaging as it doesn't properly fit in the box! I don't know what to say. This is unbelievable!!!

Aug 10, 07:40 +08
    Hi Paula,

I have received an update from the Warehouse team, your order is on the way. You may refer to the details below :

Couriers Please
    JOB ID: CPA09XZ1595881
    Contact No. : [protected]

Do let me know once you have received the item. Also, can you provide a return receipt from the transaction yesterday?

Thank you.

Aug 10, 07:09 +08
    Hi Fritzie,

Where's the tracking number? I don't think it's so hard to get the tracking number if you processed the replacement like you've said. I've already sent the return, it's disappointing not hear anything back from you.

Aug 9, 09:49 +08
    I have dropped off the return in AusPost this morning. Any updates about the replacement? It will be so annoying not to receive the replacement soon as I've waited so long now. Thanks

Aug 8, 12:47 +08
    Sure I will! :)

I will update you as soon as I get the tracking number.

Aug 8, 12:14 +08
    Hi Fritzie, I hope you can train them well. It can cause you business if every time someone contact support they will have issues like this. I will definitely drop off the item tomorrow in Australia Post. I just forgot to bring it with me to work. I hope you can give me an update about the replacement as soon as you have it. Thanks

Aug 8, 11:12 +08
    Hi Paula,
    I have sent the return label to your email : [protected]@gmail.com. The replacement is being initiated and I am waiting for the tracking number. Just let me know when you have dropped it off so I can monitor the movement of the parcel.

I am sorry for the ongoing issues you are going thru with our Customer Service, they are quite new and we are still in the process of improvement. We are doing all we can to provide you the best.

Aug 7, 17:45 +08
    If you can send me the return label, I can drop it off the Australia Post tomorrow. When will I receive the replacement though? This ordeal with your Customer Service assistance has been truly disappointing. Bad understanding of issues from agents, slow response rate etc.

Aug 7, 16:51 +08
    Hi Paula,

I am sorry if we are unable to answer your call due to the overwhelming calls.

I have spoken to Chesca about this and she had acknowledged to have over looked your concern. I shall go ahead and sent you a return label so we can have that item back and send you a new one since the seal is not intact. I shall send you the return label and let me know when you can drop it off the post and I will monitor the movement of the parcel. I shall also go ahead an request for the replacement.

I will keep you updated.

Please let us know if you still require assistance in your order.

Have a lovely day ahead!

Aug 7, 09:31 +08
    Hi, can a supervisor/manager please call me as I've been trying to call your hotline during your "open times" but always get voicemail saying to email you instead. This has been pretty upsetting! I have paid $171 for my order, I haven't touched the product. And then I'll get this response which would mean it can take more than a week to get my order back! Your customer service has been really annoying, upsetting, disappointing! Worst customer service I've ever had. Call me at [protected] (9am-5pm AEST) or [protected] (after work hours). Hopefully I'll get a call within a day! This is really absurd!

Aug 4, 07:31 +08
    Hi Paula,

We will be arranging a schedule with the courier to pick-up the damaged item. Please let me know if you would like to replace the item or you would rather get a credit voucher instead. We may start processing the replacement or credit voucher once we receive the damage product.

Looking forward to your response.

Have a pleasant day ahead.

Aug 3, 10:56 +08
    This is really making me so upset!!! You have my email, you can check my invoice in your system. I sent you pictures of my order, it's the foreo product, the seal is broken and I didn't know if the product has been opened before and sephora has just taped it! Also it is not acceptable to have a miscommunication if you take so much hours to reply! It is wasting everybody's time!

Order LX-[protected]

sephora.png

Aug 3, 09:41 +08
    ​Hi Paula,

I'm sorry for the miscommunication earlier. May you please provide us a photo of your invoice and indicate which particular item was damaged so we could further investigate the issue.

We appreciate your patience & understanding.

Aug 2, 14:33 +08
    Your support is really slow and even your hotlines are closed even it's only early afternoon. Very disappointing service!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    From: Paula Hernandez
    Date: Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 4:30 PM
    Subject: Re: [Sephora] Re: Hi, I got my order but the seal seems to be broken, it's disappointing as ai was so excited to use the product then I saw the seal is broken. I am ...
    To: Sephora Australia

Hi,

This is disappointing. I have emailed you my concern about my order I received. The seal is broken, I even attached pictures. And yes, I have used your credit voucher, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't get reply about my issue nor it affects the quality of product I get. And if you check my order then you could have confirmed the answer to that question. I don't get it why you will ask that question at all!

Aug 2, 14:30 +08
    Hi,

Aug 2, 14:04 +08
    Hi Paula,

We just want to confirm if you received or used the credit voucher we gave you last time.

Have a great day ahead!

Aug 1, 15:53 +08

This is a follow-up to your previous request #572739 "$10 welcome bonus"

On Fri, 28 Jul 2017 at 1:17 PM Sephora Australia wrote:

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Lou (Sephora Australia)

Jul 28, 11:17 +08

Hi Paula,

Here is the credit voucher I offered via phone call we had earlier :

Discount Code : SEPHORA25042
    Amount : $10.00
    Validity : 31-Aug 2017

Please take note this is for one time use only and cannot be used in conjunction with another code/discount. Minimum purchase of $60.00 is applicable. Shipping fee may apply if your order falls below the minimum purchase.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Jul 27, 18:06 +08

I don't have a card number. I'm a new online customer. My email address is [protected]@gmail.com and I'm trying to place my order for $181, that's why I want to claim my $10 welcome bonus. Your support has been so slow and frustrating!

Keith (Sephora Australia)

Jul 27, 17:36 +08

Hi Paula,

Can I have your card number please?
    Thanks!

Keith

Jul 27, 13:00 +08

Hi Kieth, I have contacted Sephora twice now because of this issue. I am so frustrated because I want to place my order now!!! I can't see anywhere in your website the rewards voucher. There's only the promo code box. I have cleared cache & cookies, I have used Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Chrome and nothing has changed, it's not showing up!!!

Keith (Sephora Australia)

Jul 27, 11:14 +08

Hi Paula,

Thank you for contacting Sephora.

The rewards voucher can be found during checkout page, under loyalty section. Please add the voucher to your cart to apply the discount. If it does not show up, kindly clear cache and cookies or use another browser.

Should you require further assistance, don't hesitate to contact us. Have a lovely day!

Keith

Jul 27, 08:03 +08

I can't see the rewards dropdown where I can get $10 off $120 purchase as a new customer. I've tried using different browser. It's not in checkout

Neither if I'm in the payment window.

------------------
    Submitted from: https://www.sephora.com.au/

Attachment(s)
    seph.png (https://luxola.zendesk.com/attachments/token/tTMJL3ygofhYmXtpQ10KdwChe/?name=seph.png)

This email is a service from Sephora Australia. Delivered by Zendesk (https://www.zendesk.com/product/tour/?utm_campaign=text&utm_content=Sephora&utm_medium=poweredbyzendesk&utm_source=email-notification)
    [J5YW95-MWD2]

IMG_0526.jpg
    IMG_0528.jpg
    IMG_0529.jpg
    IMG_0527.jpg

Sephora — staff

Being new to makeup, I never had much knowledge about offline makeup shopping. And since I've acne, that wa...

Sephora — locked online account & rejected online orders

I loved Sephora and have been with Sephora over 10 years until March 2017. They locked my online account and...

Sephora incomplete online order

Sephora advertised that I will get 3 samples free with my online order of $130 perfume. Order notification (order #[protected]) listed 3 samples but when order arrived they were not there. I called customer support and was told that they apologize for not sending them but there is nothing they can do as samples cannot be sent separately. It looks to me Sephora is cheating their customers by promising something they never intended to provide.

Sephora — wrong items consistently in order

I make purchases from Sephora one to two times every week because I buy a lot of makeup. The reason that I...

Hedgesville

Sephora the rituals of hammam (black soap contains eucalyptus and olive oil)

Greetings
        I bought items at a sephora store in Paris (Aeroville Mall) for my sister. As per usual the cashiers drop some samples in my take away bag which included everything from perfume samples n the above mentioned product.
        Now these items I purchased were for my sister. So I gave her the RITUALS OF HAMMAM sample (an item I have never used or heard of before) which turned out to be hazardous. She used it as instructed only to wake up to a swollen face and had constant itching and reddish breakouts due to scratching.
        I am horrified by this and to think it wasn't an item of my choosing but was chosen for me as a token of appreciation which ended causing harm than good.
        Through medication n a lot of lotioning n aloe vera extracts she is better however with unwanted and unwelcome scars.
        I would like to know what your actions will be with this revelation?!
        Please stop offering these as free samples from the reviews I was horrified to learn that I am not the first to complain.
        (See attached photos)
        Dissapointed Customer

Sephora — foundation

Hi I'm Mackenzie and I ordered a bottle of your most expensive foundation and when I got it the bottle wa...

Sephora sample pack five mascara promotion

A couple months ago I purchased a 28.00 sample pack of 5 mascaras still being promoted. The staff is big on promotion and shy on follow through. I returned to choose one free mascara from the pack per the offer and was told I could not have it unless I had the coupon in the box. This should have been explained when selling it. I had no idea and previously used my purchase history in Sephora's system to get the necessary information to take advantage of a promotion. No help was offered. I expressed my disappointment declaring I may rethink purchasing at Sephora at all in the future. The sales associate simply shrugged her shoulders and said she was sorry. That's not good enough for a 30.00 expenditure. More and more it seems Sephora is big on pushing the sale and slight on supporting those purchases. Unless there is appropriate customer service intervention I'll make Beauty Brands my new cosmetic haunt.

Sephora — sephora scam

I have nothing good to say about Sephora, they are terrible and I hate them! I had the worst experience and I...

Sephora sephora concealer

I bought a sephora smoothening and brightening concealer moyen medium no 8 from dlf mall of india, noida. The concealer is absolutely dry. I twisted and twisted but only a couple of drops came out. Beyond that its totally dry. The store refused to change it. Very disappointed . Please provide me with another concealer or refund the money.

Shilpa gupta
            [protected]@hotmail.com

Sephora customer service was very poor

I bought a lot from Sephora but when my last order arrived two items were missing. Sephora support seemed nice and kind and they promised that I'll get the missing items as soon as possible, but they were not able to tell the exact delivery date. My items never arrived and every time I contacted Sephora I heard nothing but empty promises. Their rep assured me that items were sent and even promised to give me a tracking number.
              I am very disappointed with Sephora! I used to buy a lot from them and can tell that they used to be nice. But my last experience was terrible and I will not buy from them again. Customer service was very poor.

Sephora worst online shop ever!

I have purchased a perfume box from Sephora and nothing ever arrived so I called and asked about my order and they said that it was cancelled. They said that my items were no longer in stock. I asked them so when they were planning to tell me about that and they replied nothing. They offered me a refund and I agreed. Was supposed to get my money weeks ago and still nothing. Do not order anything from this terrible company. Too bad I did not check the reviews earlier.

Sephora very slow

I ordered some beauty products from Sephora a while ago. Their delivery service is extremely slow, and I received the products very late. When I opened the package I realized that foundation was old. I immediately contacted the company, sent several emails, but no one ever responded. I'm sure they would offer me a replacement or a refund, because they are quite reputable. But they are very slow! Their shipping, replies, refunds usually takes forever.

Sephora — poor customer service

I have purchased some products from Sephora a couple of times. When I went to Sephora store I felt like a...

Sephora bad experience with sephora

I had quite bad experience with Sephora and I'm very disappointed. I've ordered products in total $300 cost but when I received my package and opened it I saw only a lot of samples in the box. I contacted Sephora customer support many times, sent them messages and even called. I wanted to return the wrong package and was hoping to get a refund. I received an email from Sephora and was asked to call their support. When I called they said that I have to wait 14 days and they will decide if they can offer refund. However its already 25th day but there is no response and no refund. When I tried to contact them again, they just answered that I need to call support again.

Sephora horrible attitude!

This company has horrible attitude to its customers and don't care about anything! I waited over four for my order to be delivered. But it never did. Their tracking system kept changing every day! One day it said in transit, the other day it said out of stock. Then I called customer service and heard only rude things from them. They said I was very impatient customer. Then I asked them to just cancel the order. They said “Yes, ok”, but they never cancelled it! Month ago I received an email stating they'll give me a refund. But it was month ago and there is still no refund. All the nerves! I will never buy from Sephora again! I want everyone to know about their terrible customer service. Do not order anything from Sephora!!,

Sephora double charged for product and can't get them to reverse the charge

We are having serious difficulty getting them to return our money - we were double charged $179.31! - That's a lot of money to be missing in an account for a mom!! The register crashed and she had to reboot it - beware if that happens - they said it would not double charge and yet when we looked at our account it took the purchase out twice! We alerted them right away and it is now the 2nd day with still no reversal! We've called everyday and they say it's out of their control (something to do with tech support?). strange...we'll keep trying...

Sephora ordering from website

Called Sephora at 2 p.m. on a Thursday -- specifically asked if they could deliver make-up by Friday -- leaving on a trip early Sunday, didn't realize I was out. Was clear to the phone drone that IF they could not do one-day delivery, I'd find time Friday to drive to a store nearby. He said it's before 3, if you pay for one-day shipping, you'll have it tomorrow. PAID for one-day shipping. Friday passes -- no delivery. Called customer service. First drone said well maybe we had some problems at the warehouse, maybe UPS. . . . . . . just a litany of lame "maybes." She hung up because she couldn't figure out how to answer the question: IF I ordered it on Thursday, isn't one day after Thursday . . . .. Friday. So why was it shipped ground, so it couldn't possible be delivered Friday. She was stumped. Second person explained, over and over, that ONE DAY does not mean one day. It means if you order on Thursday, it takes a day to process the order, which would be Friday, and then they don't work on weekends (seriously?) and so it would be shipped on Monday. When I pointed out to her that it had been shipped on Thursday, but ground . . . . she got stumped, too. At least she didn't hang up -- she agreed to give me a refund. WOW -- lucky me. I get to drive to a store which I could have done today, if they had only said we cannot get it to you on Friday. Their phone people are obviously untrained. The promise anything and when there's a problem, then they make up excuses until you give up, or they hang up. Never again will I use Sephora. Next time I'll buy directly from the product manufacturer. And I am -- joke -- one of their VIP VIB special customers.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices