[Resolved] Sears Master Protection Agreementsears master protection agreement is a joke

We purchased a Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator, a Range (Stove), a Range Hood and a dishwasher with an extended warranty for all four items. This $300+ warranty, we have renewed every year after the manufactures warranty ended.

We have had only one service on the dishwasher alone and zero service on any of the other appliances. Over the last four months, the refrigerator has constantly failed, (ran warm, spoiled the food), thus requiring service.

Each service order has a wait time of around ten days or more before a technician can even come out, therefore, we have zero refrigerator for this time and then an even longer time if a part has to be ordered.

Every time the tech arrives, he patches the fridge instead of fixing it or replacing it. This patch / band aid, last for a few weeks before the problem returns.

Today I took off from work for the scheduled 8AM - 12pm sears appointment.

Due to a No Show / No Call, I contacted sears at 10:30 AM and again at 1:15 PM, only to be assured by a customer service rep, that the technician will arrive, not to worry and he will call me when he is on the way to my house.

At 2:42PM, still a No Show / No Call from the technician, I was forced to leave my house (to retrieve my kids from school). I was back home at 3:28PM, to which I found a note scratched on an index card stating 'sorry we missed you. Sears'.

The technician DID NOT call either of my contact numbers to tell me that he was on his way, as promised that he would, in the previous two calls to the customer service rep.

I immediately contacted sears and requested to speak to a supervisor, to which I was placed on hold for over fifteen minutes before the call ended abruptly.

I called back and went through this scenario four consecutive times (for almost an hour) before finally being transferred to a Sharon, who said she was a supervisor. Sharon was not only unprofessional but also lacked the technical attributes to be a customer service rep, let alone a supervisor, she even went as far as saying that there is nothing she can do, and the only thing that I can do is wait for the next available appointment...yes you got it...TEN DAYS LATER.

I explained to her that I have two young kids and really cannot be without a refrigerator for that period of time, to which she made it clear, that it was my fault for not being at home when the technician arrived, therefore I will have to wait for the next available repair date, She then hung up the phone.

Each time I call for service, the customer service reps hound me about doing some home improvements, so just for kicks, my wife stated that she was thinking of some home improvements, in no time, an appointment was scheduled for an agent to come out for the appraisal / estimate, The agent was there at my door, THE VERY NEXT DAY.

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Apr 28, 2011

Dear donotbother,
    I want to apologize for the poor service you have received while trying to have your freezer repaired. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. Sears prides itself on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our services and it appears we have not met that goal here.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. Please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we may address your freezer repair in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the freezer was serviced under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (donotbother) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.
    Sears Social Media Support

• Sears's response · Mar 06, 2012

Hi castillo 1,

I'm Scott, and I'm part of the Sears Cares social media escalations team. I came across your post here and wanted to extend an apology for the disappointment and trouble your refrigerator has caused you and your family. Being without a fully functional refrigerator is difficult enough, but extended hassle and service calls just add to the unpleasant situation we're sure. We'd like to offer you our team's assistance and help get this straightened out for you. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (castillo 1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.
    Sears Cares Senior Case Manager

• Sears's response · Feb 12, 2013

Dear RainH20,

Thank you for coming back and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. I will make sure your post is forwarded on to the appropriate resources for review. Thanks again for sharing!

Misty H.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · Feb 12, 2013

Dear CHL1957,

I am terribly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience you have encountered with your dishwasher as well as the service. We would like to speak with you about your experience and offer our assistance with getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CHL1957), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Misty H.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · May 16, 2013

Sears sure does suck,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you have encountered with your dishwasher. I can truly see how frustrating it is to be without your dishwasher for over eight months. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Sears sure does suck) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.
    Sears Social Media Support

Jason Jul 28, 2008

First off, you didn't purchase an extended warranty. Extended warranties only extend the terms of the full manufacturer's warranty. You purchased a Master Protection Agreement.

Under this agreement, you have a No Lemon Clause, which means if you have the same problem in 4 separate events, within a 12 month period, Sears will replace the item.

You also have $250 in food loss reimbursement for refridgerators and freezers.

Next, if you want to take advantage of your MPA, have the annual FREE cleanings done.

Also you never stated, when you purchased your household of appliances from Sears. I would bet that the $300 you claim you paid for the Service Plan is less than what the service call on your dishwasher would have costed you!

There is no defense for the Tech being late, except for the fact that they schedule your appointments with specific time between each appointment that allows the tech to drive out and diagnose and repair your item. However, there are always things beyond the control of the tech, such as a repair taking extra long, or traffic. Would you like the tech to show up at your house (even if he got there at 8am) and leave at noon, because he has another appointment at 1pm and has to make it there, or would you rather him finish the job at your place THEN go on to the next appoint, even if its late.

Yes he didn't call, and yes he was outside the given window, but that happens from time to time. I suggest next time travelling down to your local Sears store and having a polite chat with the Manager, I'm sure they are more than willing to get things sorted out for you.

• Aj
    AjoyB Sep 04, 2017

@Jason Jason says: "Next, I have no idea why you are renewing your MPA after the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty. Sears sells either 3 or 5 year(from date of purchase) agreements, you would only need to renew after your 3 or 5 year coverage is up."
    - Wrong. I just got a letter to renew the MPA on my dishwasher. The only 3 options are to sign up for a 1-year plan, a 2-year plan or a 3-year plan.

Also, Jason says: "I would bet that the $300 you claim you paid for the Service Plan is less than what the service call on your dishwasher would have costed you!"
    - This is really funny. Of what use is the Service Plan if the service never gets done? Even if it costs less, that cost is a complete loss of money.

• Fa
    fail Aug 30, 2009

"In short, sears is no longer the sears we once knew, I will never use sears for any purchases or service again."

Too bad you will, and you won't even know it, ignorance is bliss. Know how your Master protection plan works, everything you described is covered by Contract talk to a manager at the store for getting these type of issues resolved, believe it or not they will give you the food reimbursement and loaners if the repair time exceeds 2 weeks from the time the actually attempt at repairing begins

• Ke
    Kevin1414 Aug 08, 2017

@fail Yeah right I have been without a refrigerator for over a month all because the parts are back ordered fridge is 11/2 years old bought master protection dumb move sears doesn't honor what they claim to provide in the agreement it's not a wonder why the whole company is swirling the drain can only hope they die fast before they rip more consumers off

• Ga
    Garage repair Services Sep 13, 2019

@Kevin1414 I use to work for sears and they crooked as hell

• Hu
    HubertC Sep 22, 2009

Unfortunately not only is the master protection agreement a joke, but so is Sears. I worked at sears selling major appliances for three years, about six years back, and it was the most frustrating experience of my sales life. Every week I would loose 2-3 sales, through no fault of my own, because of situations very similar to yours, such as not honoring 4-hour time windows, not making agreed upon calls before delivery, and knocking and leaving while the customer was in the bathroom, then refusing to go back even though they were still in the immediate area! I wish I were joking. I could write for hours about the incompetence and indifference I witnessed at all levels both in the store and through the various divisions, (delivery, credit, repair, etc.) I made decent money at Sears and made some good friends, but the lack of professionalism drove me crazy, and when I turned in my letter of resignation I felt a huge relief.

Sadly, I didn't learn my lesson. A little less than 2 months ago I purchased a digital camera from Sears with their master protection agreement, and over this past weekend it malfunctioned. When I took it to my most convenient store for repair, or preferably exchange, I encountered two separate associates who didn't even know the return policy, (Uh, I think it's 30 days.) These are people who earn their living, pay their rent and bills, by representing Sears, and can't answer the most basic of questions. It's 90 days on most items by the way, and is printed on the back of EVERY receipt they hand out. I was also told that the store I was at doesn't do repairs. I could leave it there but, due to the infrequent inter-store transfer trucks, it could take 2 months to get it back! The other store that does repairs is 6 miles away. He then said that it would be better if I just took it there myself. I guess their time is more valuable than ours.

It's easy to see why the status and reputation of Sears has slipped so far. I can easily envision a day in the not too distant future when there's is no longer a Sears to complain about, when they go the way of Montgomery Ward, or Woolworth or Kmart. When this happens, I'm sure they'll offer all kinds of excuses, but they'll have no one to blame but themselves. And when the time comes, there should be no talk of a bailout. They haven't earned it.

• Se
    sears_sucks Oct 22, 2009

I am having the same problem with Sears. 2 appointments have been completely missed by their repair technicicans without so much as a phone call. When the tech finally showed up, I explained my issues -- 2 are intermittent and the tech REFUSED(!!!) to assist. He simply said that since the problem was not occuring when he was there, there is nothing he can do!!! This is a joke of a company and I will not be purchasing any other Sears applicances either.

• Bu
    Burned_By_Sears Oct 29, 2009

Sears SUCKS!. Just got burned on that MPA. Five year old Kitchen Aid fridge that cost $1000+ developed foot long cracks on inside refrigator (see attached photo). Never moved it and it's been perfctly maintained. Tech comes, claims it's cosmetic and offered to put tape on it. That's right TAPE!

I purcahse all my appliances from Sears with MPA agreements and that's what I get. BURNED!

NO MORE SEARS! See you in court and I'm off to the next consumer website to report this fraudlent contract that your offering.

• Wo
    Woody713 Feb 26, 2010

About 3 months ago I bought an HE washer/dyer set from sears for over $2, 000 total. The washer turned out to have a very clear design defect with caused multiple system failures (f20 and f35) within 3 months. Fortunately, I had purchased the Master Protection Agreement. So far, so good, right?

The short version: Is the MPA a blatant ripoff? Technically no, they have (so far) fulfilled the terms of my contract. Is the washer I bought an overpriced piece of rickety junk? Probably. Is it service plan worth the price? No! I could have had the problem fixed myself over a week sooner for less than the cost of the service plan.

Sears has not made the problem right within a few days like I had hoped. What they did instead was schedule a contractor to come out and look at the problem after about a week, and then ordered parts to fix it rather than bringing the replacement analog sensor like I helpfully suggested when I made the initial call. Over two weeks after I first called with an exact description of the problems, my washer should hopefully be functional again.

Now that the parts have arrived, I could probably install them myself instead of waiting for next Monday, but having gone through this hassle for over a week already, I have no desire to void my service agreement!

• Po
    pollyscharm Jun 28, 2010

I purchased a gas range 7746 from the Sear's Outlet near my house. We had it installed by the Sear's tech's, they messed up our floorboard and cabinet, left the stove unleveled and didn't install the safety bracket, but I looked around that b/c I was so pleased to have a 5 burner range!!! I started the oven for it's 30 minute cycle to burn off the sealants and such. The smell was overwhelming, far beyond what I thought it would be. I called my Father in law, a Sear's tech and he said, it's no biggie, sometimes they really stink. I figured this was a good excuse to get out of cooking dinner so we went to Fridays!! The next day I used the stove again, as I opened the oven door to put a pan in I was knocked back by the fumes. My eyes burnt and I was gagging. Again, never having a brand new appliance in my life I figured, well, ok. A few days later I used the oven again, careful to shield my eyes and hold my breath. This time the Carbon Monixide detector started going off in our hallway. I called Sear's and they told me no biggie, sometimes it takes a few days to get the smell out. The next day I turned on the oven and the force that it ignited w/ was so strong it sent my salt and pepper shakers fying from atop the range. That was it I was done, I called Sears Customer Solutions and was advised not to use the stove to go to the outlet an pick another. I was skeptical so I asked about a tech appt before just replacing the whole stove, I even called and spoke to another rep. Both said just go pick out a new one. I went to the Outlet that night. They confirmed my suspicions, of course you can't just pick out a new stove. Not to mention the stoves they had were too basic or too expensive to be considered a "comparable replacement". The ast. mgr was very nice and called Customer Solutions(from here on called CS) to set up an appt. The Tech came out the next AM which was great turn around time. He checked out our unit and advised it couldn't be fixed. I asked him to talk to my father in law, just in case. But for sure this time, it was broken and also I was told, dangerous and shouldn't have been sold to us. I called CS the next day and was told I could just go to Sear's and get a new oven right off the showroom floor. Then I was transferred to someone to get my Voucher which I would take to Sear's for this transaction. When I spoke to this gentleman I was told no, they wouldn't be giving me a new replacement, they would give me the original 360 I had paid at the outlet. I read to the rep on the phone where it clearly states in the MPA that they would not sell a defective appliance and that they would give me a comparable replacement. $360 was not going to get me a comparable replacement I advised, I had just been to the Outlet the day before. The rep advised me that they don't really support the outlets they are are more like stand alone stores. I was flabbergasted, why would the outlets have the ability to sell MPA's then? Oh the rep said b/c ppl wouldn't purchase scratch and dent items if they didn't think they could get them fixed if they were really broken. And since you allege your stove can't be repaired we will give you this voucher back. That was it, I was furious. I advised the rep that I wasn't making it up and that I wanted a manager. He himmed and hawwed about providing me with someone then finally I was tranferred to Michelle. Oh Michelle, my belle indeed. I know that I wasn't very nice to the rep who transferred me to Michelle but, I had been lied to and sold a bill of goods from every rep I had talked w/ in CS. SO, maybe that did justify the complete lack of ownership and accountability that Michelle displayed. In a nutshell, Michelle told me that she couldn't help me, that MPA's don't take affect until the 1 yr mft. warranty expires but obviously since I bought a scratch and dent there was no mft. warranty and quite frankly, what did I expect purchasing a scratch and dent item? It wasn't going to work great. I inquired further on this only to be told that she just couldn't help me and she didn't care what the tech order said b/c I had gotten what I paid for. Also she knew that I thought she was rude but she couldn't help me so if there was nothing else I needed...? I said well you could stop being such an a22 and hung up. I immediately called the outlet to tell them to come pick up their bomb w/ cake racks as well as the dishwasher I have sitting in my garage waiting to be hooked up and to bring me my very old but far less deadly stove they had taken when I got a hold of Jesse. He was really nice, he told me he was so sorry and obviously that inspection was not done properly before the sale. He also advised me that he spent a lot of time apologizing for CS and he was shocked at how unreasonable they had been considering the circumstance, then he checked all the merchandise he had on hand or on order. Nothing comprable there or on the way in. He then decided that since I had been treated so poorly by CS, getting different answers every call, being condecended to, poisoned while I made dinner, that he would order a brand new stove for me. He said after seeing all the notes, he was sure that the GM would be ok w/ the extra expense, not to mention I don't think they wanted back the dishwasher and such. The installers just left and guess what? When they pulled out the allegedly broken stove it had burned a hole in my lineolium! A hole! How ridiculous is that? Here CS is balking over replacing my stove and they could've replaced my whole kitchen or even house had I used that death trap again. I filed a claim today and the CSR who took it was very nice. We'll see how it goes w/ my floor... Also, I had a sales rep here last month to look at doing a new kitchen from Sear's and guess who won't be getting my business? Good job Customer Solutions, your version of "Blue Ribbon" guarantee has cost your company at least 10, 000 in a lost bid for my kitchen and in the next year, my roof.

• Lt
    LTCLGC Nov 30, 2010

I can't speak for anyone else but all I have to say is that Sears replaced a seven year old 55 gallon water heater with no questions asked. They responded to my service request within 72 hours and replaced the unit within 5 days. I've also had my water softener completely rebuilt with not problems whatsoever. They also replaced a ice maker and water dispenser unti on my refrigerator. Altogether, the cost of the MPA was a fraction of what it would have cost me out of pocket. Perhaps the folks at my local Sears happen to be professionals with good attitudes. Whatever it is, they've made me a very satidfied custo, er.

• Pa
    PaPa JoeM Jan 01, 2011

I have had good and bad experience with MPA on Sears water heater. Initially, there was a major hassle about whether it was the product defect or the installer's fault. Eventually, they replaced the unit free as part of the MPA. My current contract has expired so I will renew because I think that the cost of the agreement is only the value of one repair visit. It is important to take advantage of the annual visit under the agreement.

JasonRoyse Feb 17, 2011

I agree that sears is a joke and the master protection agreement is written only to benefit Sears. When I purchased my Washing machine I was told that if they have to fix the same problem more than once they would replace it. NOT TRUE. It has to be 4 times in a 12 month period. Which means they have to waste 8 days of your life before they will replace it. They never have parts available to repair "ANYTHING" !! So they come with their "4 hour" window. (I wish, I could go to work within a 4 hour window). Dink around with it. Order parts. Some times they order the wrong parts, which adds a few more days or weeks. Mean while you have to take the day off. I will never buy anything from sears again and NEVER buy their Master Protection Agreement.

Jane75007 Apr 10, 2011

I used to work for Sears. I would be working for them still, but the attitudes of the customers, foul language the customer's used, abusive & threatening nature of some customers over the phone wore on me day in and day out. It was so depressing to try to help people to only have them not inform themselves, not listen to instruction, and act like they are the center of the universe. The stress of dealing with customers pushed me to work in another field of customer service that is NOT on the phones. No matter how polite you are, there are people who are going to make you hate your job and treat you like dirt. Sears has not changed so much as the expectations and entitlements of the customers has changed. People want everything right now for dirt cheap and on their time schedule. I worked in Sears CS for 5 years. It was not the company that caused me to go elsewhere. It was the abuse at the hands of customers that made me realize that I didn't like that job. Not all customers were like that, but I would say 25% of them would really make your day hard. They would call you all kinds of derogatory names, threaten you, damn you to hell & worse. One actually threatened to find out where I live and murder my family because I could schedule him for the NEXT DAY, but not TODAY like he wanted. That's right, he was getting NEXT DAY service and he threatened to put a hit out on my family. That is how serious some of these customers are about getting what they want & they don't care about anyone else.

That being said the MPA and manufacture's warranties DO state in them that Sears is the sole arbiter of the times, dates & procedure of service. Meaning that Sears offers service during its business hours & times that are available based on its staffing. When you sign the MPA you agree to that. Its there in plan English.

I agree that there is no excuse for technicians NOT to call ahead, call with updates and generally keep customer's appraised what is going on. What irritates me as a customer service representative (used to work for Sears, but I am now a Stay At Home Mom) was that people would a.) not answer the phone for the tech when they DID call. b.) Not be home when the tech called ahead and asked them if they were home c.) Expect the tech to wait over half an hour for them to get home and when they couldn't (there are 100's of service calls a day!) get upset, and essentially block the tech's ability to get out of the subdivision by boxing him into their driveway (yes, this was a real call from a tech calling for help).

Also, your MPA would pay for Tech support from highly trained people over the phone. This is part of what you PAY FOR but a lot of the time people would refuse to work with us over the phone. We would be able to solve their problem immediately. We just need them to follow the directions we gave them. What happens? People get to the cursing, the refusing and the calling names even when we ONLY ask them to unplug the unit for the wall for one minute.

They treat the customer service reps like trash or something they wiped off their shoe. THEN they want us to schedule them for tomorrow? Well, #1 we can only schedule you for what we have, and #2 why in the world would we go out of our way to force a date (basically knock some other poor soul off the service roster to a later spot) because you think that you're more important and are cursing like a sailor at me, but won't let me help you one bit?

You would not believe how many people want me to bump some poor old woman off the service route (who's refrigerator is out or who has no heat) so they can get the scratch (cosmetic!) fixed on their glass cooktop, fridge, washer... you name it. We would do our best to be polite and helpful, but people would openly refuse to abide by the contract THEY SIGNED & PUT MONEY ON. We were trying to uphold our end of the bargain, but apparently getting "what you want exactly when you want it" overrides reason, or common sense. So yeah, I'll send a tech out for a cosmetic reason to get you to STFU, but yeah the tech is going to charge you because its not covered by MPA. Its there in your contract that you AGREED to. In print, and available to you if you just read it. The tech support rep TRIES to warn you, but often people just hear what they want to hear. So we set service, and because people don't read, they get upset and go to the internets to complain.

1.) Technicians DO NOT come armed with all the parts they may need for EVERY repair job they have that day. If they did that (as everyone wants them to without thinking through it first) then they would be driving through your ultra posh neighborhood in an 18 wheeler. The cost of service would go up to fuel those trucks etc. etc. Everyone wants 1000 times more for a 1000 times less of the cost. The technicians HAVE to order parts to be delivered to a customer's home.

2.) Service dates are first come, first serve. Sears offers the first date available. If the date is a week away it is NOT bad service. It is simply that someone who had problems with their repairs had them before you did. They called before you did and so they got that date before you. Its like getting to your favorite coffee shop before the rush. You tend you get your coffee prepared first because you were first in line.

3.) I seriously doubt (JasonRoyse) that anyone told you that they would replace the unit if they had to come out there more than once. Did you even READ your MPA document that is provided to you. Often, people are signing these documents and plopping down money without even READING the document first. It says quiet clearly even online that it must be FOUR FUNCTIONAL FAILURES in a 12 month period. The tech declares the unit "unrepairable" and starts the process of replacing it.

4.) Woody713-- F20 & F35 are error codes. They are not manufacturer's defects. They are indications that there is something going on that affects the washer (or dryer's) ability to function. F20 is a "no water inlet" error. Details here: http://www.fixya.com/support/r1491905-f20_error_code_whirlpool_duet_kenmore
    F35 is also not a manufacturer's defect! It can be debris or a clog somewhere in the machine. Specifics here: http://www.fixya.com/support/t8337260-f35 . This does NOT mean that the unit you got was defective or otherwise a lemon. It means that you had a certain set of factors that could contribute to the error codes. So rather than blame the machine. You can do your research!

Also, people think that THEIR repair is the ONLY repair on the planet. There are people who have broken equipment just like you. They called and happened to be ahead of you. So we scheduled them. Its not that we don't want to give you prompt service. We are a business serving THOUSANDS of people per day. There are only so many hours in a business day and we do our best to get to every single one.

So if you want to rag on Sears fine, but people often forget that they contribute to their own equipment woes. They don't use their machines properly (hello improper loading, and using too much soap), & neglect maintenance (most of which is so easy). When the equipment fails because of this it MUST be that Sears sold you a lemon. NOT that you didn't take care of it hmmm? I saw it all, and it really amazed me.

Yes, there were some instances where Sears does make mistakes. However, every single one I saw made right in the end. You don't get to hear about those (except for one reviewer here that talked about his water heater replacement) because generally they don't spend their lives complaining to the internet. So yeah, I just thought I would add some perspective to this lynching. Sears was a great company to work for with wonderful benefits. I still think the service (I have had them out to fix my machines in a timely manner without any problem whatsoever, & this is AFTER I worked there) is great. Don't let a couple of bad apple stories sour you on Sears. Some folks are just never satisfied and you can't fix stupid.

Happy complaining.

donotbother Apr 27, 2011

SEARS MPA works if you don't have an emergency. I have MPA for all my appliances with Sears for over 5 years now and it works if you can wait for 7 days before the tech show up (like washer or dryer). Unfortunately, the service is awful when something like freezer is not working and they cannot come out for 7 or 8 days - you will loss all the food in your freezer. Granted there is a food lost protection ($250) per year but my freezer has failed three times this year and $250 only covered the 1st lost (partially since I have a 25 cu ft. upright freezer that are full of meat and seafood). I lost over $400 dollar worth of food the 2nd time the freezer failed (Sears either does not have enough tech available to work on freezer or just indifferent toward consumer's lost, since Sears protected themselves for $250 per year lost).
    Here is what happen to my freezer. The compressor was replaced in September, the tech refill the freon in March and the freezer is not working again in April. When I called on Sunday (4/24), I was told to call back on Monday since the people who worked on Sunday do not deal with MPA. I called back on Monday and have to escalated to the manager to get an appointment for Tuesday. The tech was scheduled to show up between 8 am - noon but did not show up until 6 p.m. Once he showed up, he said I need a new compressor and I told him it was changed in September. He than told me then it must be a leak and he does not have the tools to troubleshoot the leak. He will reschedule my appointment and the earliest is 7 days away. He did indicate that I can call customer service to try get an earlier date. I called customer service and find someone who tried to help but forward the phone to someone named Jennifer. Jennifer spend a lot of time telling me about her inability to help me : the tech did not close out the order and she cannot create/change the schedule. the service department is closed and she cannot call the tech to close out the open request. I need to call back in the day time since they are on Central Time (I called at 6:30 p.m. PST after the tech left my house). When I ask how she expect me fix Sears' internal problems and by telling me all her limitations what does she expect me to do. She said that she cannot do anything and does not expect me to do anything - it's just a venting. When I ask to talk to a manager, she told me that there is nothing the manager can do either. After I asked few more times to speak to the manager, she said that she needs to put me on hold and to create a case (I was on hold for 10-15 min). Then a Mike (supposedly a supervisor but I doubt it giving the way he talks to customers) comes on (his employee id is 80821) and said the earliest they can make the appointment is a week away and when I ask to speak to his manager, he said he will not allow that and it's not possible. Interesting things is that he does not tell me he cannot get in the system to change/create a new service call but just say he cannot change the date that the tech put in (when the tech told me to call to move the date up).
    Bottom line is - Sears hires a lot more incompetent and not service oriented people to answer their phones (I wonder if this is the reason jobs are off-shored). Sears customer services agents are not trained well in dealing with customers and should not be in customer service business. I should not expect to listen to their employee rattle off why they cannot help me or have someone tell me that I am not allowed to talk to higher manager. I think Sears need to replace people like Jennifer and Mike.
    On the other hand, during my 4 day saga with Sears customer service. I have encounter couple people who really tried to help or try to find answers for me. Two of them are in Food Lost warranty manager roles. I can understand they don't have all the answers but were very helpful in trying to find answers for me. They are also very professional on the phone not like Jennifer or Mike. One lady (Christie) spend at least 20 min. on hold with Sears Tech department to find out what's going on - what's the next step regarding my freezer. The amazing part is that she did call me back as promised once she find out the answer.
    This is what I find out, the tech is going to order some parts and it will not be in for a week and they will come out again next week to see if this will resolve the problem (I am amazed that they have a solution when they did not even have the tools to troubleshoot).
    Sears did offer to provide me with weekly rental of a freezer but so far I have not find a company near me (within 25 miles) that provides weekly rental (minimum is 1 month with $400 deposit).
    I am currently looking for a NEW company that can provide maintenance agreement on my appliances but I want a company with better customer services. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Just think Sears have lost a loyal customer over this service call. I am buying a new appliance and it's not going to be Sears (I have bought Sears appliance for the past 16 years and NO MORE).

• Hc
    hcg93 Jun 20, 2011

Sears Master Protection Agreement is a joke. My appliances that I purchased for $5000.00 from sears came out of warranty and I was not aware of it. I puchased a master protection agreement for all my appliances for approx. $500.00 (1 year warranty) Approx. 1 week after I purchased the warranty my microwave started to not heat up my food. I called and made an appt. and a tech came to my house. He was very rude and basically from the minute he walked into my house he was basically accussing me of purchasing an agreement knowing the I had a problem. He called it a preexisting problem. He was in my house for approx. 1 minute and open my microwave started it for 30 seconds and then tells me he needs to call his office. comes back 5 mintues later and knocks on my door and says sorry we are not going to honor your warranty and would not tell me why and left. After several calls to Sears about this I got nothing but rude people on the phone who could not give me answer as to why this was done. One lady tells me that within the first 30 days if I have a problem that it would be condisered a preexisting condition. SO I told her basically you telling me that you are selling an 11 months warranty not a 1 year and she said yes. I willnever purchase from sears again

• Hc
    hcg93 Jun 20, 2011

It is amazing how the tech who was in my house for about 1 minutes could determine what the problem was with my microwave.

• Ca
    castillo 1 Mar 06, 2012

sears is a joke . Sears sold my parents a samsung frig side by side with in the first day we got it home it would not give water. Called sears and demanded them to replace it which fineally they did. One year later samsung frig quits working and we call sears protection plan and sent a tecnician. Tecnician has been here about 5 times and replaces parts and still can't fix it . Been about 4 months now and still can't fix it I think sears is going to rebuild it all till the tec figures it out.. Been calling sears about replacement lemon clause but keep giving me run around . I am dispointed at sears on they treat there customers...

• Fe
    Fedupwithsears Dec 19, 2012

Sears Master Policy and their techs. are a scam. Called to have dishwasher repaired because it was leaking. Tech. # 1 said it was a hose and I needed a new tub. He ordered the hose but not the tub because they discontinued it. Said he would try to just fix with hose. Told me to take the dishwasher out and put it in my backyard so he could fix it. My husband & I are in our 60's !!! Tech #2 came to install hose, but he said my hose is fine, I need a tub. It is almost Christmas and I am having 25 guests without a dishwasher. Sears told me I could rent one, but for sanitation reasons they do not rent them in CA. Shop somewhere else !! Now * have to wait 10 BUSINESS days for them to "research" for the part. SEARS you are AWFUL.

• Mi
    miyagi06 Jan 02, 2013

I have a similar nightmare story with a washing machine as the horror stories I just read. Easy to see why someone goes "postal". One repair appointment was cancelled due to inclement weather - 55 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, dry pavement. I asked where the repairman is coming from - the entire state is clear and dry. Of course they can't tell me that. May I talk to routing? - of course not! It has been 8 weeks now (four scheduled appointments - taken off work for each one- only 2 actually happened) and the washer is still not fixed. Fifth time is a charm?

Purchased an LG mircrowave from Home Depot with a service/repair plan. Had one issue that needed repair. They showed up on time with the part and were finished in half an hour. I will never buy anything from Sears again (anything!)! They deserve to go out of business and stop dorking people around.

• Ra
    RainH2O Jan 02, 2013

Sears's is after your money, not to give you reliable service. We bought our Sam-sung French Door Refrigerator around 6/11 with the additional warranty time, but it didn't help. During the time that my wife was sick, Dec 12, 2012, no one called maintenance, no one was actually in the kitchen very much. After about 3 days, when my wife was able to get up and around, she noticed that the fridge was showing "OF" instead of temps. It finally struck us that neither the fridge, nor the freezer was working. Called the maintenance number to schedule an appointment and after wrangling with them for about 45 minutes, we got an appointment within 5 days. Now the maintenance agreement doesn't actually go into effect until the Tech show up and starts his thing. So we can't rent or buy a small fridge and hope for reimbursement. Well, the Tech had a 1 pm to 5 pm show time, didn't happen. He actually showed up about 8:15 in the evening. He worked on the fridge for 30 - 45 minutes and couldn't get the main board or anything else to work for him. He told us that we'd have to wait till someone (him) to come during the time that they could call their Tech Support for the Sam-sung. He told us he could verify the food loss and everything else. But he didn't give us the paperwork for the food loss. He came the next day and with the help of his tech support, and about another 30 - 45 minutes futzing around with the fridge, got it working. He gave me the paperwork that said that he called STAC and reprogrammed unit to force it out of Demo Mode. He told us that somehow the main board lost ground and got locked into Demo Mode. Now everyone and their mother that I've talk to at Sears, and whoever runs the Food Loss section tells us that we're just S.O.L. Because the technician didn't have to change a part so they say they don't have to cover the food loss. Here's the rule from the book, "Within any continuous twelve (12) month period during the Term of this Agreement we will reimburse you for any food spoilage that is the result of a mechanical failure of the Covered Product(s). The mechanical failure must be verified by us." What do I have to do now to get them to pay for our food loss? Anyone?!

• Ra
    RainH2O Jan 29, 2013

Well, after getting the main headquarters involved, it all worked out in the end. The head office agreed with us and cut a check for the loss. If only this could have been taken care of at the "local" level, things could have gone a lot easier. Sometimes you have to rattle a few cages to right a wrong, but it's worth it in the end. If Sears would do a better follow-thru, they could possibly make it back to where they once were, at the top.

CHL1957 Feb 11, 2013

We purchased an LG dishwasher from Sears in September 2012. t is now January 2013 and the technician is upstairs doing the 6th service on the dishwasher because it does not drain. They have replaced parts twice and once the technician insisted there was nothing wrong with it. We bought the master protection plan which Sears is now refusing refusing to honor. We should have learned from our last experience when we purchased a freezer from Sears. 5 1/2 years ago We had 14 service calls for the same problem (it did not freeze) and lost two loads of food from spoilage before they finally agreed to replace the appliance. Two lessons that we will not forget from this experience. Do not purchase anything from Sears and never purchase an LG appliance.

• Se
    Sears sure does suck May 13, 2013

Sears sucks alright, another customer very unhappy. I buy big dollar items so they last, i should by the junk. Then replace it. Sears says, whoops wrong soap, oh sorry its the water, oh might be a sensor, nope its the heater, oh maybe the element, 8 freaking months still no dishwasher!!! I have almost lost my job over this junk. I hate sears!!!

• Sh
    shameonsears Aug 14, 2013

I purchased a Kenmore freezer and also the master protection plan, came home from work opened the freezer everything is melted and hot and stunk. Freezer not working at all. needless to say I had a mess to clean. I call sears service dept. go through this technical support crap like is it plugged in, is the outlet working. after about 45 min. on the phone with her she tells me the master protection plan does not cover the first food loss it only covers the second loss, that was like a spit in my face, I would have rather her call me a fool because that is what I would have been if I would have believed what she said. Really she should have been fired if she didn't know what the contract said, she doesn't have enough sense to help someone with technical support. Then I was transferred over to another service tech, to set up an appointment, I was told they did not have anything in my area at this time and could not make me a service appointment, but he said a tech would call me back within 48 hours, 48 hours passed no call so I call back and talk to another person and they tell me they have no record of me calling. I supposedly now have an appointment for Saturday, ( three weeks later ) . But you can believe the sears store I purchased my freezer in sure didn't hesitate on taking my money for the freezer or the warranty. I will never purchase anything sears again., and I have spent lots of money with them in the past. Shame on sears for having such a poor customer service dept. And shame on them for selling sorry products.

[email protected] Nov 06, 2013

Wow! It is a joke...I purchased a washer with the same Master Protection thinking I'd get a new one if it broke down. Within 2 weeks of purchase I had a problem and have had the same problem for 3 years now! Constantly calling their foreign call service centers that you can't understand and disconnect you when they don't agree with you. Finally, you get an appointment and they never ever have been on time...3-4 hours late is the norm for me. So my recent fridge, dishwasher and stove and all been purchased elsewhere!!! DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS>>>>>>>SEND THEM OUT OF BUSINESS FOR THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Da
    David Mulkey Aug 01, 2014

Why am I typing this? My complaint of the Sears Master Protection Agreement is practically a duplicate of the other stories I have read. I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears on several appliances. My refrigerator currently does not work. Took 3 weeks to get a tech. to the house. He had to order a part that took 2 weeks to arrive. It took 2 additional weeks to get the tech back to install the part and was told the refrigerator is now fixed. Within an hour of his leaving water began to pour from beneath the refrigerator onto the floor. I could smell the strong odor of burning wire. I unplugged the refrigerator and noted when I opened the freezer door the compartment was filled with smoke. I called the fire department and was told it was safe but not to plug in the unit until a service tech. repaired it. Once again Im on a waiting list for an available service tech. I have had no refrigerator for almost a month now and no idea when I will. No matter now many calls to Sears or Sears supervisors, still only a waiting list. I have never received any money to replace the food ruined. BUT, all this complaining, I want to know how Sears can be made to provide the service they promised or give back the money.
    David Mulkey

• Ke
    KENMORE Aug 28, 2014

would like to file a claim for lost food. can not find the form. i have been without my refragator for three weeks and they said the earlest they can get here is sept, 5, would you think they would offer a loaner or something. it is hard to be without a refragaor and freezer this long.

dobryant Sep 19, 2014

I purchased a mp plan with Sears for a refrigerator. I truly believed it to be a lemon from the beginning. It constantly leaked and froze over numerous time. I had many service calls. It could never be repaired. Instead of replacing it, sears gave me the runaround for months. I can't tell you how much food we lost( more that the $250 they provide you with for reimbursement. I am so disheartened by my experience with Sears . I have always bought every appliance from Sears for over 20 years but never again.. I am done. My refrigerator still is not repaired as we speak and I am told in order to continue, I need to pay for another plan. Why would I pay sears to fix something that they have failed to fix in two years. I am so disappointed. I was a loyal customer who bragged of my Sears experiences but never again.

Dolemite Jones Oct 24, 2014

I would recommend that anyone here who's purchased an MPA or RPA and is having issues with service, or the PA department, contact your local Sears store and ask to speak with a manager, or contact Sears customer solutions. There are ways to escalate service issues and get your problem resolved. I am a store manager for a local Sears Hometown Store, and I have to say that I've seen the Protection Agreement help a lot of people. There have been times that I've had to become personally involved to get a customer taken care of, but that is what we're there for. Anyone who feels that the MPA is a scam, should take a close look at the quality of products that are being built these days. Sorry, but you can't blame Sears for that. We're selling, for the most part, the same stuff that everyone else is selling. Furthermore, if you feel like the Protection Agreement isn't a good value to you, you do have a full year to cancel it and get 100% of your money back. No other retailer, that I'm aware of, will give you that guarantee.

• Ge
    George Perera Jan 06, 2015

These disatified stories are exactly what happened with my washer. they have now completed their six visit and the problem still there. Customer Services is a joke. The escalation department reads from scripted messages in favor of Sears and provide no help. The wait period for parts is seven days. I have been without a washer for two months. They have now scheduled the next visit in seven days. I am cancelling all my MPA's and not buying at Sears again.

Mary Love Jan 12, 2015

I just read most of the above complaints and I'm getting goose bumps. One week ago, I purchased a new Kenmore French door bottom freezer refrigerator and a smooth top electric stove. My question to Sears is "Why are your products breaking down within a year or even within five years ? per customer complaints. Are your products of lesser quality than previously. I had two Kenmore refrigerators in the last 30 years, never had maintenance on either one. The new appliances are very expensive, so why do we, the customers even have to consider purchasing a Protection Agreement????, which is also very expensive. An extra $850.00 for a five year plan on both Stove & Refrigerator is totally ridiculous. Sears should back their products without customer having to worry that their appliances will need repairs within 5 or even 8 years. The high price of the appliance should cover any repairs within at least 8 years including parts, labor, house call, whatever. Maybe it's time for us consumers to involve news media, or even go a step further if we're paying big dollars for JUNK. I hope to GOD, I can still honor SEARS name with my new appliances.

dojoson Jan 16, 2015

I have a whole story to tell but for now I will stick with repairs. It’s really not so much Sears but the worthless contractors they hire for repairs and delivery. We bought a brand new refrigerator and the compressor is shot, dead, capoot. Asked for a repair man, was given a time between 3:30pm and 7pm, repairman decided to not show up and called to cancel appointment with the excuse we don’t work after 4:00pm. You would think he would have had the decency to call or the company would have called to state their working hours and that Sears should have known their working hours as well. That is where Sears is screwing up. Ps been with Sears and have family members working for Sears for 30 years+. It’s time for a massive class action lawsuit.

• Ln
    lnctwm Jun 10, 2015

We were encouraged to buy the MP plan before 30 days was up on our kenmore fridge from the outlet center. I read up on it and asked the Employee at sears several questions. LONG story short, after it was delivered with the control panel not working, repaired 3 times ( the last repair person also broke the compressor while here) then deemed it unrepairable. Time for a brand new replacement right? After all that is what the Master Protection plan agrees to!

NO - we were told our manufactures warranty trumps our Master protection plan for a full year. Which means...no new fridge. Even though the employee at the store SPECIFICALLY told us it would be replaced with a brand new fridge if it was ever deemed irreparable..she told us this after our fridge had already had 2 technicians out to fix it..so we thought..well, better safe then sorry! So we bought the MP plan. Well we found out this is NOT the case...We have to take our broken fridge back and use that money as a credit towards another outlet fridge. What is the point of buying the master protection plan? If it just means I am needlessly double covered? This is ridiculous...we are going on 30 days and counting now and I will NEVER buy from sears again.

On top of that when I called last Friday to process a replacement for our fridge I was told by an employee that it would take 48 hours to process and get our money. We woke up the next day realizing the compressor had gone out and my wife called (on Friday) and asked if they could expedite the replacement money so we could get a fridge since the repair person broke the compressor and we had a warm fridge. They said it hadn't been processed until that morning and it wouldn't be until Wednesday that they could have the money ready. We called today and was on the phone for 2 hours with the only knowledgeable patient and good representative we have spoken to. And she said there weren't any notes in the system at all and then told us about how the manufactures warranty trumps the Master Protection Plan. She was the first person to tell us this during 30 days of this mess.

My family is coming into town tonight for a full week from out of state and we won't have a fridge. BEYOND FRUSTRATED. Needless to say we called right away and returned the Master Protection plan.

• Ed
    e. delgado Jun 15, 2015

June 5 Called sears for a non sears frig repair. No prob would cost $116 for service call but offered maint. Plan and would only pay $60 deductable for up to $500 cost, . And service call waived. Maint. To cost 39.99 per month including other appliances and to sent me contract which I still have not rec. They sent tech the same day, I was impressed. Prob was compressor. Tech said part would be deliver following week and service would be June 16. I was not happy to wait but agreed. Called sears on June 12 and June 13 to let them know part had not arrived, they acknowledged that part was coming and someone would return my call within 24 hrs., no one called until june15 day before repair was scheduled. I called to let them know again that part had not arrived and was on hold for 30 min. Then called again and was told part to be delivered on June 17 and rescheduled service UNTIL JUNE 26! 21 days w/o a fridge. I am87 live alone and very upset. I insisted to talk to mgr. Waited15 min and finally got him on phone. I insisted that if part came on June 17 I wanted service same day or next just like they sent someone same day on service call, they could also fix it sooner. Mgr. Said I would be set on priority for June 18-20 but no later than june26. If I had known so much time and trouble I would have called some else. Thinking of canceling maint. But don't know where I stand and have not rec. Contract. Not a happy customer I do have an acct. With sears for years. I feel they are ready to hook you to a contract with quick service call but lousy to repair. I even asked where was part coming from..china?

• 20
    2015 disaster Jul 07, 2015

I have had the same problem with Sears Repair. Our washer has gone out once a year the last two years. We bought it in Nov. 2012. Each time we called for repair we were given a two week out date. Then when they finally came it was the same story - we have to order parts and come back out in three more weeks. I have had it with Sears. Their Customer Service is the WORST!!! I have tried calling everyone in Sears, Supervisors, Managers, etc. and not one of them seems to really care about all the negative postings to do anything to change the way they do business. I have always purchased all my appliances from Sears in the 5 homes I have moved into in the last 20 years and they USED to be a great company - Not anymore. I will be going elsewhere from now on, not that they care.

• Ba
    Barreto Jul 26, 2015

Sears bs master protection do not buy it they simply will give you a run around when your tv goes bad it goes like this First you purchase the RCA 55 inch LCD TV then you buy the master protection plan after a year is up and if your tv set goes hay wire they will say we will not cover you because they feel that your tv had a pre existing problem so in other words after you pay for the master protection they are now going to pick and choose if you qualify after they said you are cover with master protection plan good luck we will reimburse your fee and you pay to fix your own TV is Master protection BS call anytime 845-978-2045 It happen to me I now buy TV at walmart

• Ro
    Robby0327 Sep 24, 2015

The main problem with the master protection agreement is that when you call in a problem, it takes them a week to come out. Our side by side went bad, and required a new compressor. We could have called a local repair agency and had next day service. When our washer malfunctioned, they fixed the transmission, but told us rust is not covered, but suggested we paint over the rust with rust proof paint, which I did. The latest quote today was for $1350. For an extension on our master protection plan. The money is not a problem, but a week to fix a major appliance is. In the older days, we could get service in a couple of days, but now to get someone out in a week, then for repairs to begin several days later is not acceptable. I would be agreeable for a higher rate for next bay service, or even a duductable for faster service rather then loose $700. Worth of food, and get $250.00 reimbursement...

• We
    Wendy Wingo Oct 05, 2015

I recently have had a refrigerator replaced by sears. My unit stopped cooling and I called sears for a service call. They put me off for 12 days before a service man could come. I am 90 years old and have had the master protection plan since the 1970's. The unit had to be replaced and I had to wait for another 14 days for my new refrigerator to be delivered. I live alone and I also used to work for sears. I have a food claim into sears that has been approved but I have not received a check for my food loss. The claim numbers are 127375 and 127376. I would like my last payment for the plan returned because I do not want the plan on my new appliance, but since sears put me of for weeks to take care of my claim they tell me that the new unit went on this years plan. I reported the unit and it was not fixable. I want my money back for my plan. When I call the 1-800 number I get the run around. I have been told that the money was put on my sears card and I authorized this, and I don't even have a sears card! I get a different story every time I call, not to mention being on hold for 40+ minutes each time. I have asked to speak with a supervisor and all I get is either put on hold again or disconnected. Please let me know what to do to get this resolved.
    M.L. Smith Rural Retreat VA

• Su
    Susan Yeatts Oct 12, 2015

I am having same problem with Sears and my MPA but my problem keeps getting compounded and I have had no working refrigerator for SEVEN weeks, the fridge is less than 3 years old. The part that is (supposedly) broken is ALSO under warranty (Kenmore though so... no luck there either). 5 weeks into this they approved a rental refrigerator. I have had to pre-pay for that. They will only reimburse me $50 for this. It's $25 a week and I'm on the third week starting tomorrow. I have had FOUR different COMPANIES come out to look at the refrigerator. The first person Sears sent told me he could clean the fridge but he wasn't qualified to service it (I called and told them it wasn't cooling). 5 days later someone came to look at it (2 hours late making my half day of work off turn into a full day) and spent most of the time on the phone back and forth with some service center "diagnosing". Told me he would have to order a part and it would take 2-3 weeks to come in. I was patient. Right around 2 1/2 weeks later Sears called to ask me if I "still needed service". What? They sent another technician out. That one came the next day, on time, and diagnosed a "major problem" telling me that the sealed coolant system needed replaced and he would have to wait a day or 2 for Sears to authorize the part and then he'd order it and be back in a "few days". A few days later I got an email from Sears saying that I had an appointment scheduled for today, 10/12/15 from 12-4 This email came in on 9/24 I called immediately and said that was too long to wait, I was told that's how long it would take for the part to get here and that is when I was finally authorized for a rental. Today a technician arrived, but 4 hours EARLY. Unfortunately he couldn't wait the hour and a half that I was still going to be to get home. As we spoke trying to reschedule he said "so it just stopped cooling?" WHAT? I was like YES SEVEN WEEKS AGO. "Aren't you coming to fix it today?" I asked. No... he was just coming to LOOK AT IT. I called to try to enact the lemon clause and Sears says all of my appointments just show as canceled and it has to be 3x "fixing" it before they will replace. I called the vendor that came out the 3rd time to see if they could tell me why that service call had been canceled. They told me that Sears refused to authorize the repair!!! They wanted to send another company out to look at it before authorizing an expensive repair. That technician did tell me if it wasn't covered, he'd tell me to just replace the fridge. (The problem seems to be that the sealed system for the coolant has failed.) I am now waiting for this morning's service technician to try to work me back into the schedule because Sears says my only option is to let this guy in so he can diagnose and order the parts. Seriously how many times does it have to be diagnosed before someone will actually FIX it. It's been 4 visits, 2 full and 2 half days off of work, and SEVEN WEEKS. It's sure to be 2-3 more as the technician on the phone today told me all "LG" refrigerators (that's who makes this Kenmore) take a very long time to find parts for. Also, interestingly, I wrote a review of this fridge on Sears.com several weeks ago and they chose not to publish it. Hmmmm (I took care not to use any ugly language).

• To
    Todd Stranko Mar 05, 2016

100% agree the Protection Agreement is a joke and will never buy an appliance from Sears again. The LG refrigerator I purchased with a 5 year protection plan has a badly designed ice maker. It leans so only have the ice tray fills up and the rest pours down my freezer and coats everything in ice. First call, I gave detailed description of problem because customer service said they needed to make sure he'd have the correct parts. Took off time from work for appointment that lasted a total of 5 minutes. He looked at problem, agreed with problem, and ordered part on computer for next tech to fix. Second call, missed work again and had replacement ice maker for this as it was mailed to me. Tech saw problem then replaced it with new ice maker but he & I noticed it leaned too... It was manufactured with a weak support that will not keep the tray up. He said he was sorry but it won't fix it and have to have 4 calls before Sears will do anything about it. Ordered another new part. Third call, new ice maker installed again that was mailed to me. Said same thing. Can't fix it just to continue through 4th fix to get a new fridge. 4th call, I did not receive part in mail so asked customer service line prior to visit and they said no part was ordered or needed for this call. Tech shows up, looks at problem, and orders new part... I'm furious. Call Sears and get bounced around until get to replacement department. Asks me to hold for 5 minutes to review my service history. Comes back and tells me I've only had "one product failure" so far and need 4 for new fridge. Said part replacement does not necessarily mean product failure???? THEY CAN'T FIX IT no matter how many times they come out. They are trying to wear you down with tech calls or reach the 12 month period for 4 failures so not to honor the contract. "product failures" are purely their opinion and this contract is a waste of money and useless. Stay away from Sears for major products. It's not the Sears of old!

sanibelsusan Mar 30, 2016

Sears is Horrible!!! I purchased a NEW Kenmore Top Mount Refrigerator in November 2015. It has not worked right since day one! Three Service calls, and STILL too hot in the fridge, and too cold in freezer. I was offered 1/2 off a new unit or a 1yr. MPA. I just want my money back on this piece of junk!!! The MPA is A JOKE! You must have FOUR "parts" ordered and so that would mean 7-8 service calls, due to the tech. not having parts. That is such a joke. SEARS sells these Cheap, no good appliances and I won't make that mistake again. Home Depot here I come!!

• Li
    lisa khan Jun 22, 2016

On June 4 Sears came out to look at my refrigerator. When they came the guy look at my refrigerator and say "oh it fine". They left and a day after my refrigerator stop working. So from June 5 to 21 I am call for an appointment for some to come out and take a look. they came on Monday the 20 and say my mother board stop working and i have to wait another week So far nothing today and the worst part is that my refrigerator is not even 3 years old. And I have a small child in my home that need milk and other food items that need to be refrigerated.

I went through 5 bottle due to spoilage and still when I call the department they can't have anyone come fix or replace my refrigerator. They just giving me the run around from this department to that department and keep hanging up on me every time . So now what am I to do and how can I get to I real management department instead of the fake one they sending me. So the weekend is here again and I am still out of a refrigerator. Please do some with Sears they are getting horrible... I am so piss off right now if this don't resolve by today i am going and get channel 7 news on my side as i have a the recording to prove how many time i have call and how many they give me the round around you need to come and get the fridge out today...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices