Sears Master Protection Agreementsears master protection agreement is a joke

We purchased a Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator, a Range (Stove), a Range Hood and a dishwasher with an extended warranty for all four items. This $300+ warranty, we have renewed every year after the manufactures warranty ended.

We have had only one service on the dishwasher alone and zero service on any of the other appliances. Over the last four months, the refrigerator has constantly failed, (ran warm, spoiled the food), thus requiring service.

Each service order has a wait time of around ten days or more before a technician can even come out, therefore, we have zero refrigerator for this time and then an even longer time if a part has to be ordered.

Every time the tech arrives, he patches the fridge instead of fixing it or replacing it. This patch / band aid, last for a few weeks before the problem returns.

Today I took off from work for the scheduled 8AM - 12pm sears appointment.

Due to a No Show / No Call, I contacted sears at 10:30 AM and again at 1:15 PM, only to be assured by a customer service rep, that the technician will arrive, not to worry and he will call me when he is on the way to my house.

At 2:42PM, still a No Show / No Call from the technician, I was forced to leave my house (to retrieve my kids from school). I was back home at 3:28PM, to which I found a note scratched on an index card stating 'sorry we missed you. Sears'.

The technician DID NOT call either of my contact numbers to tell me that he was on his way, as promised that he would, in the previous two calls to the customer service rep.

I immediately contacted sears and requested to speak to a supervisor, to which I was placed on hold for over fifteen minutes before the call ended abruptly.

I called back and went through this scenario four consecutive times (for almost an hour) before finally being transferred to a Sharon, who said she was a supervisor. Sharon was not only unprofessional but also lacked the technical attributes to be a customer service rep, let alone a supervisor, she even went as far as saying that there is nothing she can do, and the only thing that I can do is wait for the next available appointment...yes you got it...TEN DAYS LATER.

I explained to her that I have two young kids and really cannot be without a refrigerator for that period of time, to which she made it clear, that it was my fault for not being at home when the technician arrived, therefore I will have to wait for the next available repair date, She then hung up the phone.

Each time I call for service, the customer service reps hound me about doing some home improvements, so just for kicks, my wife stated that she was thinking of some home improvements, in no time, an appointment was scheduled for an agent to come out for the appraisal / estimate, The agent was there at my door, THE VERY NEXT DAY.

In short, sears is no longer the sears we once knew, I will never use sears for any purchases or service again.

RESOLVED

• Sears's response · Apr 28, 2011

Dear donotbother,
    I want to apologize for the poor service you have received while trying to have your freezer repaired. From your post I can see that this has been a source of great frustration for you and we would like to assist. Sears prides itself on making sure our valued customers are satisfied with our services and it appears we have not met that goal here.
    My name is Laura with the Sears Cares Escalations team and we are a single point of contact for escalated concerns. Please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we may address your freezer repair in a timely manner. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the freezer was serviced under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (donotbother) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to talking to you soon.
    Laura D.
    Sears Social Media Support

• Sears's response · Mar 06, 2012

Hi castillo 1,

I'm Scott, and I'm part of the Sears Cares social media escalations team. I came across your post here and wanted to extend an apology for the disappointment and trouble your refrigerator has caused you and your family. Being without a fully functional refrigerator is difficult enough, but extended hassle and service calls just add to the unpleasant situation we're sure. We'd like to offer you our team's assistance and help get this straightened out for you. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] and a dedicated case manager will contact you directly. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (castillo 1) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We do look forward to speaking with you soon.

Scott J.
    Sears Cares Senior Case Manager

• Sears's response · Feb 12, 2013

Dear RainH20,

Thank you for coming back and sharing your experience with us. We are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. I will make sure your post is forwarded on to the appropriate resources for review. Thanks again for sharing!

Misty H.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · Feb 12, 2013

Dear CHL1957,

I am terribly sorry for the trouble and inconvenience you have encountered with your dishwasher as well as the service. We would like to speak with you about your experience and offer our assistance with getting this issue resolved as quickly as possible. Please send the following information – contact #, screen name (CHL1957), phone # used at time of purchase to [email protected] We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Misty H.
    Social Media Support Team

• Sears's response · May 16, 2013

Sears sure does suck,
    My name is Liz and I am a member of the Sears Social Media Support team. Please accept our apologies for the troubles you have encountered with your dishwasher. I can truly see how frustrating it is to be without your dishwasher for over eight months. We would like the opportunity to speak with you to make things right. At your convenience please contact our office via email at [email protected] so you don’t have to be upset by this any longer. In the email please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the dishwasher was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. In addition, please include your screen name (Sears sure does suck) in the email for reference to your issue. Again, we’re sorry for any trouble we have caused and we hope to talk to you soon.

Liz R.
    Sears Social Media Support

Jolene12 Sep 18, 2019

After several decades of wonderful services with Sears, I am sad to say they have sunk low recently. This is what Sears always did best, SERVICE, in all caps. I have purchased Master Protection Agreements for all of the appliances in my houses, all purchased at Sears in past decades. Wow, what a terrible experience I am going through just now. My almost 20 year old over the range microwave has failed. It is the computer in the machine that failed and is no longer manufactured. So far, I have been 3 weeks into this with no end in sight. The third party repair contractor has clearly stated that this part is not available to him. My MPA should have kicked in and I should have a voucher in my hand which I would normally take to Sears and spend more than the voucher amount for a new OTR microwave. However, the rules seemed to have changed behind the scenes, Sears is trying to locate the part that is no longer manufactured. They are probably trying to refurbish a piece of junk to put in my kitchen. They are refusing to consider my claim until they find the part. Meanwhile, there's smoke and grease in my kitchen with the potential to start a grease fire and they do not care as long as they do not have to put out the funds for the voucher. WOW!!! Whoever thought Sears would come to this. DO NOT BUY SEARS!! It is no longer the same company.

• Fi
    fix my fridge Jul 23, 2019

I purchased a Kenmore Elite refrigerator with the bottom freezer. I have had nothing but trouble with this refrigerator. It has been once a year since I purchased this that it needed repair. First repair was the circuit board. Second repair was another part( don't remember what the tech called it). Third repair was the compressor. Now this time after being gone for 5 days on the 4th of July Holiday and coming home to this big mess of a total melt down of everything in the refrigerator I called and have to wait 3 weeks for someone to come out again. When he does finally come out he really didn't know what was wrong with it. He hymned and hawed and just told me he was going to blow out the line for the compressor and see if that fixes it. After 2 1/2 hours at my house he tells me to put a bowl of water in the freezer and wait 24 hours and if its still not froze I need to call back. Well guess what the bowl was still water, so I had to call back. They tell me it will be another 2 week before someone can come out. I said the guy was just out here yesterday and it took 3 weeks for him to come. I told her I can't wait another 2 weeks for someone to come out. She told me she could put me on a emergency wait list and if someone cancels they will call me. Well I'm still waiting for a repairman to call me, by that time it will be July 28 2019 when my scheduled date is. I paid for the 5 year master protection plan and for every repair I had to wait a month for my refrigerator to be repaired. I am just so discussed with this whole process. I will never buy another appliance from Sears again! I don't think the warranties are worth a darn either, with all the time I had to waste waiting on hold to get someone to come repair the refrigerator, waiting for a repairman, taking off of work, I think it would be better to just call a regular repair service and pay for the repairs myself. I just wish I could get my refrigerator fixed and I also wish they would stop with all this energy efficient crap and make a refrigerator that last longer then a year.
    Signed,
    Discussed

• Gc
    G Campbell Jun 28, 2019

THE WORST "PROTECTION PLAN" EVER! Our Whirlpool washer & dryer are only 3 years old. It's been 3 weeks now that we've been unable to use them now. They were supposed to come out to fix them this morning but the repair person never called or showed up. I was told there was no repair person in the area after being on hold for 20 minutes. They're supposed to fix it the first time it says in the contract but they've come out 3 times and it still isn't fixed. They've wasted our time and now we will have to go to the laundromat again this weekend!

• 1s
    1sb Dec 21, 2018

On Wednesday (12/19/2018) a technician came to my home to repair my dishwasher (so I thought) after waiting two weeks for the part . I used my dishwasher Thursday night. I was emptying my dishwasher when I notice the bottom spray nozzle had pop out and a piece of rubber had came out as will. I call four different departments (some nice some not) and the earliest a technician could come out is 12/28. Now is looks like my dishwasher will not get repair until sometime in January 2019. So much for having a Sears Service Protection Agreement.

sb

• Mo
    Mona Rhoades Oct 19, 2018

I can from this posting board, that my Dad is not the only one to have problems with the poor service Sears provides under the Master Agreement Plan. My parents purchased a Kenmore side by side refrigerator 3 years ago. Dad has renewed it every year.

Each service order takes 10 - 14 days before a technician can come check. Then it takes another 10 - 14 days before there is a part. Before you know it you are without a refrigerator for a month.

Dad just had 5th repair this year. When technician came for 4th visit, he said he was going to report it as non-repairable. But he reported he charged it. That was on October 5th. When no replacement was ordered, we called back in and were told the only solution was to have another repair order. But had to wait until October 18th.

In mean time I wrote letter to Eddie Lampert CEO of Sears on 10/9/18 to express my frustration and disappointment with Sear's service. When I called the Service Department in the Philippines (which was very hard to understand and very loud background). When I escalated and asked for a supervisor, I had to wait nearly an hour. When she couldn't make the situation right, she transferred me to a Christina who refused to help. Insisting she must talk to my Dad even though my Dad called the week prior giving both my husband and myself permission to handle this for him. Being an 88 year old he lost his patience with dealing this a long time ago.

I received call from Ameesia Kenebrew on 10/17/18. She assured me she would make this right and would follow up with me first thing Friday morning.

The technician showed up later in the day on 10/18/18. I talked to him and told him he needed to report the refrigerator as un-repairable. But he didn't know how. He said this was 2nd repair order that the previous technician had said it was un-repairable but wrote it up as he charged the refrigerator. He did manage to get it running. The question is for how long and how long will my Dad be without a refrigerator the next time. They limit food loss and this is 2nd time Dad lost more than they reimburse. Plus they don't reimburse for condiments. How many of you want to eat mayo or salad dressing if it is not refrigerated?

Friday morning came and went with no call from Ameesia Kenebrew. Afternoon came and went and no call. So finally at 4pm, I called her. She stated that since technician got it working there was nothing else to be done. I inquired about replacing due to No Lemon language in MPA. But she refused. I asked to speak to her Supervisor since she can't do her job, maybe her Supervisor can. She said she would put me in the queue for Supervisor callback. That takes another 48 - 72 hours.

Sears service use to be top notch. Today it is atrocious. No wonder they are now filing bankruptcy. I am sure this complaint will fall on deaf ears and Dad will have to continue to live with this lemon.

Next time it breaks Dad may just put it to the curb and paint a big yellow lemon on it.

• Mu
    [email protected] Sep 08, 2018

Problem started on 8/11/18. Took Sears Tech Chris until Aug 30th before he could come out. Originally I was told 9/4/18!! He "GUESSED" that the problem with the frig. might be the PCB (power control board). Ordered the part. He said to call as soon as it arrives to schedule repair date. I received it in 3 days. I called Sears scheduling department and was told I would have to wait until Oct 16th...……. NO NO NO!!!

On 9/5/18 I called the scheduling department and told them that is not acceptable. They in turn forwarded me to Shirley, in the Sears Protection Agreement Benefits Administration Ofc., whom stated that she was the "Case Mgr." I discussed in length the issues I have been faced with since 8/11/18 when my 3yr.old, $2000 refrigerator, with a $579 Master Protection agreement, stopped cooling properly. She in turn reached out to the scheduling department, and got them to change my scheduled appt. from Oct 16, 18 till the very next day, 9/6/18. This time a second Sears Tech, Bruce, was sent out. He was not a very pleasant person. UNSYMPATHETIC, ARGUMENTIVE, BOARDER LINE RUDE!!. I was in the process of trying to explain everything that went down with the frig. and what the previous Tech Chris said, and he kept interjecting during my conversation making me feel as if he was giving me the 3rd degree and trying to see if he could trip me up or something with my words. I finally had had enough of his demeanor and let him have it.

Bruce said it is NOT the PCB. Took back wall in top of frig. apart and said it's the Duct Assembly Multi (Damper door) that is broken. Ordered the part. Should take 3 days. The rescheduling would be the issue as to when he could get back here. I told him that is not OK. He in turn called, ??, and then said he'd be back here on Thurs. 9/13/18. He did not even leave me a Sears Home Services ticket indicating his Tech# or Service Order# along with his Tech Comments on it!!! The 1st tech sent out, Chris, did leave me one.

Today, Sat. 9/8/18, I received a msg left on my answering machine stating to call the scheduling dept. at [protected] to reschedule. Spoke with Bethany. Said service call wouldn't be until 10/2/18. I told her NO!! The tech, Bruce, said he'd be back on Thurs 9/13/18. She said they must have had to reschedule. I asked for the Supervisor. She in turn transferred me to Von, ID# 102855, whom identified herself as one of the Supervisors in the scheduling department. She said she'd try to reach out to the (tech ?) scheduling dept. to see if anything could be done. I asked to speak with the Case Mgr., Shirley, in the Sears Protection Agreement Benefits Admin. Ofc. She said there is no Case Mgr. in their building. Didn't know where Shirley was located at!! However, she did see in the computer system where (Shirley) I was issued two checks (which were indicated to me by Shirley that I would be receiving, for food lost and towards purchasing a mini frig. I guess they don't have any signatures associated with such things, or addresses associated with the authorizations of such things...go figure). I asked for the top person over scheduling department. I spoke with Shantee, whom Identified herself as an Agent. She said they don't have any control over the scheduling of technicians. I would have to talk with the scheduling dept. I told her I just did, which is why I requested them to forward me to the Case Mgr. of the Sears Protection Agreement Benefits Admin. Ofc, Shirley, which they obviously couldn't, so they transferred me to YOU!

This has been a very disappointing, exhausting, sickening experience!!! I have not slept well in over a week now due to all the stress and havoc this has created for me. THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT YOUR CUSTOMER. The shame of it all is that I used to SWEAR by Sears appliances. The technicians that used to come out to service their customers went above and beyond to please you. And were very professional and courteous. NOT ANY MORE!!!. Which leads me to believe that I WILL NEVER purchase another appliance, nor anything else from SEARS in the future. I have far too many other things going on in my life to have an absolutely horrendous experience like this has been affecting my well being. Just so sad. You might think about this real hard Sears. Given the situation you are in already in today's market.
    PS. By the way, since I have began typing this, I now have received another email from the scheduling dept. that NOW indicates my repair date has been PUSHED BACK by another day. Instead of Oct 2 between 8am-12pm it's now Oct 3 10am-2pm !!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

• Mi
    Mikre Aug 08, 2018

We LOVE our Sears Master Protection Agreement. They have come out, on time and fixed the problem every time. I just re-upped for another two years.

• Sh
    shameonyousears Apr 19, 2018

This is an email that I sent yesterday. I hope it got to somebody at Sears headquarters that can help me. My guess is that the email address I was given is a dead end email that they hand out when they don't want to deal with customers. When I was on the phone with the department manager yesterday (Robert ID#474890) he told me he didn't have a supervisor. RIIIIGHT. He told me my only recourse was to send an email. So I did, and this is what I sent.

"This issue starts 4 months ago when I purchased an LG oven at a locally owned SEARS store in Steamboat Springs, CO. Bear with me as this is quite a long history.

As told to me by the sales associate at the time of our initial purchase in December, this particular oven unit was purchased by a customer and when the SEARS associates arrived to install it, they found that it was not the right size. This unit was then returned to the sales floor of the locally owned SEARS store in Steamboat Springs, CO. The locally owned SEARS store in Steamboat Springs, CO does not carry inventory. What they have are a few select units for display at their showroom. Because they don't carry inventory, they reduced the price of the returned oven in order to sell it quickly. We purchased the oven a few months after the initial buyer and we were told that it was brand new, never used, and returned only because it was the wrong size. But the item sold to us was damaged. After unwrapping the unit, we saw the smashed top panel, the cord that was pulled apart and exposing the wires, the dented and scratched lower door, the upper door that was scratched and had sprung hinges. We immediately called the locally owned SEARS store and talked to the manager about the damage. He told us that we bought the unit AS IS and that he would not do anything to repair it. I disagreed and insisted upon it being fixed. (If it was an AS IS unit, he would not have been able to sell me the 5 year Master Protection Agreement on the oven.) He threatened to take the unit from us so we filed a formal complaint against him and the store. We were told to contact SEARS regarding the Protection Agreement and start the repair process through them. We did this at the end of December. The first repair man showed up in early January to diagnose the problem and order the parts. After 2 months we had not heard back from him nor SEARS regarding the status of the repairs. We were told to file a formal complaint against the repairman so we did. That removed him from the repair ticket but we were back at the beginning with an oven that still hadn't been repaired. At this time, we looked through the paperwork that came with the oven. There was a large plastic bag with the following contents: an envelope containing the wiring diagrams for the oven, a square of cardboard cut out of the original delivery box which included the original buyers name and phone number, an LG warranty registration card, a pamphlet showcasing the sears protection program with a pocket in the back containing the terms and conditions, a green laminated "Wall Oven Quick Tips" sheet, the LG owner's manual, the LG installation manual, and two receipts from October 2018 showing parts and repair requested for this unit with the words" UNIT IS SMASHED" and "ORDERED PARTS NEEDED TO CORRECT HIDDEN DAMAGE ON UNIT" on them. The damage listed was not disclosed to us during the sales process, yet the owner of the SEARS store absolutely knew about it. (Pictures of the receipts are attached below.) The second repair man showed up at the end of March and diagnosed the problem and went to order the parts, only to find out that the hinges and the mother board for the unit were unavailable. He updated the system with this information and told us to call SEARS to start the paperwork for getting a replacement. Today I received an email with an authorization amount that is not enough to replace the oven that we purchased. You offered $1979.93. We paid $1979.93 plus $158 in tax for our unit (a total of $2137.93) In order to replace this unit through SEARS it would cost $2519 plus $211.60 tax (a total of $2730.60). The difference between what you are offering me and what it would cost to actually replace it is $750.67. That is not a replacement. A replacement is me having the same oven, in my house, at no cost to me. Anything less is not a replacement.

From the beginning, SEARS has been hard to work with. I have made multiple calls each week to inquire about the status of the repairs, to get an update, to file a complaint, and each time I have been on hold or on the phone for 45 minutes to 1 hour. It has been over 4 months and this issue is still not resolved. Just last Friday, April 13, 2018 when I called to move forward with a replacement, the customer service representative I talked to did not process my information. They left it undone and the agent I talked to on the phone Tuesday the 17th had to process everything for me. This was not the first time that the agent on the phone did not process the information they needed to. It was a chronic issue, not something I encountered once.

We were sold a damaged unit, fraudulently labeled as new. I believe the fraud continues with the offer of a replacement at a value far below the actual cost. Today I spoke with Richard (sales ID# 474890) and I was told that he was the department manager and not allowed to override the authorized amount. I asked to speak to his supervisor or someone authorized to override the amount. He said he had no boss and nobody I could appeal to. I insisted on getting a name or phone number of his supervisor so he gave me this email address. I am disappointed by this continuing interaction with SEARS Protection and I ask you to make this right."

I have the same story as many of you on here. The MPA is an absolute JOKE. The customer service reps are a JOKE. I have a log of every phone call I've made to Sears over the past 4 months, the length of the calls, and who I spoke with. Each call lasts 45-60 minutes because I'm initially on hold for 30 minutes, plus each new rep I talk to has to put me on hold for a minute to review the notes on my account. Then they have to find a supervisor to figure out how they can help me, then they promise me the world only to not deliver. So many times I've called and had the rep I'm talking to not write anything down in their notes, or not pass the information along like they're supposed to, or they don't enter the right codes into the computer so my call was pointless and nothing gets moved along. And now we are still stuck with an oven that needs repairs that we can't get repaired, a "replacement" offer that is only 2/3 of what we need to actually replace the oven, and an MPA that isn't worth the money it was printed on. Shame on you SEARS.

• Ga
    Gary Karl Kaufman Mar 23, 2018

I recently renewed my MPA and at the same time scheduled my annual service for a washer, dryer and freezer. Imagine my surprise when a tech driving a "DISH" tv logo on it showed up to service my freezer. My window was 8-12 and he showed up at 11:45 and said he knew nothing about the washer or dryer. He said that Dish has a repair contract with Sears.

At 1:45 I called Sears to see where the second guy was...they said they had no record that I'd even made the appt yet I had 9 emails advising me of the service on each item. Three the day I made the appt. Three the morning of the appt. reminding me of the time and three more with the same info 2 hrs. later. I was told they could cancel the washer/dryer and I could re-schedule, but couldn't answer why, if they had no information about my appt. they could "cancel" it. I was told that they had just cancelled it and if and when I decided I wanted to renew my request, I could call back.

Finally around 3:35 the same guy who had serviced the freezer showed up again. Advised there was a technical issue between Dish and Sears and that the information for him to do all three items didn't appear until just before he showed up the second time. He was there to service the washer and dryer - and he did.

Confused? Yes I was - that's why I don't have DISH TV...is a Sears tech going to come and service my satellite dish? A year ago when I called for the annual service I got an independent contractor who advised he was working for Sears.

To top it off, I just got my MPA in the mail and they shorted me 30+ days on the renewal. My current one expires March 25 - the one I just purchased expires Feb 26, the date I purchased it. Not worth the hassle to find out who to contact to get it corrected.

• Ka
    Karen Shelton Jan 26, 2018

Would not recommend the Protection Service Agreement for anyone. We have had the same difficulty as others here with a major appliance (double oven) down for weeks to up to two months. Incompetent service technicians, and no shows, rescheduled appointments and no one willing to do anything about complaints. Overseas call center that does not speak or understand fluent English and is totally out of touch with what is actually going on with the service centers. With the no lemon guarantee and the long wait for repairs you could be out of a major appliance for months before anything is done. It is simply not worth it. It is not the fault of the customers that Sears cannot hire enough competent repair technicians to service their customers. If they can't provide the service then they should not sell the plans. The supervisor assured me our problems are rare and isolated but the internet is full of complaining customers. No wonder Sears is having to close all of their stores. I came from a long line of family that were loyal Sears customers but now I don't know anyone who has not lost confidence in this company.

• To
    Tom Currie Dec 22, 2017

Sears used to stand behind their appliances and behind their Protection Agreements that are supposed to cover repairs after the initial warranty period.

I have several Sears appliances -- some fairly new, some rather old -- all have been under protection agreements since they were first purchased. Over the past year or so I have seen the level of protection offered by Sears drop lower and lower.

EVERY call to Sears Appliance Repair require AT LEAST one full week for the first appointment -- but don't expect that appointment to fix your problem. The technicians (most of whom do not work for Sears) don't bring any parts with them. Not even when the problem has already been diagnosed over the phone and they know what part is bad. Instead the technician will show up, take everything apart, tell you they need to order the part, put it somewhat back together (not usable) and tell you to call Sears to set up another appointment after the parts arrive at your home. And, yes, that appointment is also going to be at least a full week after you call that the parts have arrived.

First I had to pay for a dishwasher repair (they called it "cleaning" but when you have to take the whole thing apart, that is certainly a repair!) The problem with the dishwasher was that it broke a plastic dish and a piece of the dish got down inside the pump assembly. The only way that a piece large enough to block the pump was able to get into the pump was due to a defective design of the dish washer itself. Older models had a strainer to catch anything big enough to be a problem. On Sears' newest models there is no strainer, instead there is a grate with openings about 1/2" by about 5/8" all the way around the center of the dishwasher -- that grate ought to have stopped the broken piece of dish BUT that grate has a nearly 1/4" gap all the way around it - the piece of dish was about 1-1/2" by 2" but it was thin enough to slip right through the gap that Sears leaves around the grate.

Then my gas range started beeping and displaying an error code on the electronic control panel. The code indicated exactly what part was bad. Call Sears, make an appointment, first available appointment is a full week later, technician shows up - code has reset and it isn't beeping when he comes in - technician refuses to even look at the range - tells me that when it starts beeping again, if it shows the same code, I am supposed to tell Sears to order the part so he won't need to make two trips. (Not that Sears ever cares what the customer tells them about an appliance).

Tonight at midnight I wake to the beeping coming from my kitchen. The range is showing the same code again. So I call sears. Guess what? Appliance repair does not have anyone to schedule appointments at night or on weekends -- just a recording telling you to call back later (the recording doesn't even tell you when they are open).

So tomorrow I get to call Sears again for a repair that they already sent out a technician for but he refused to even look at the problem.

• Gl
    Gloria Miller Sep 12, 2017

sorry freezer is -2

• Gl
    Gloria Miller Sep 12, 2017

I purchased the extended warranty on all appliances recently. Sears tech has been in my house 4 times, but 1 time the tech left without repairing my fridge because I did not agree to pay AGAIN. I paid $139.99 the first time, that incl the diagnosis charge plus the deductible, .they have replaced something different three times and all for the same issue. I had to throw food out twice and not once they have offered to pay for the food I lost. My fridge today still is not in working condition. The freezer is 12 and refrigerator 37 and it fluctuates.

• Di
    Disappointedinsears Dec 04, 2016

I purchased a Sears washer along with a five year Master Protection Agreement December 13, 2012. I was told that if the washer damaged my home in anyway, that Sears would pay for the damages to my home. I never actually received the Master Protection Agreement which was suppose to be sent to me later. The washer dumped 2 tubs of water all over my floors spreading into 4 rooms & a hall, ruining the floors & some sheet rock in my home on June 2, 2016. I called the toll free number on the sample copy of a Master Protection Agreement I received at the time of purchase, the customer service agent was very nice & assured me that I was indeed entitled to receive payment for the damage to my home under the Master Protection Agreement, gave me a case number & told me someone would be contacting me. I received a letter & a phone call from a Donna Spacone who said she was my claims manager & she worked for Sedgwick Claims Management Services who takes care of Sears claims. She referred to the very same claim number given to me by Sears. She told me to submit an estimate for the damages & photos, later she called again asking for 2 estimates this time. I had trouble getting someone out to do the estimates because of summer & a whole lot of rehabbing going on with reprocessed houses. I finally got the 2 estimates, & emailed them to her along with photos on July 18, 2016. I got no more response from her so I started calling her, leaving messages because she never answered her phone. Finally early September I sent her an email telling her that I would find someone to complain to about her if she didn't respond. She sent me an email claiming that she didn't receive the estimates or photos, told me to resubmit them. I resubmitted them by email on September 8, 2016 which was the same day I received her email. She said she would forward them to the review committee & I have not heard anymore from her. I also have not received a check from anyone. Since everyone I talked to at Sears & Sedgwick about this damage & tells me I am suppose to receive payment for the damage, why hasn't Sears paid me? I will never purchase anymore Sears appliances at this rate. That Master Protection Agreement is not cheap either.

• Li
    lisa khan Jun 22, 2016

On June 4 Sears came out to look at my refrigerator. When they came the guy look at my refrigerator and say "oh it fine". They left and a day after my refrigerator stop working. So from June 5 to 21 I am call for an appointment for some to come out and take a look. they came on Monday the 20 and say my mother board stop working and i have to wait another week So far nothing today and the worst part is that my refrigerator is not even 3 years old. And I have a small child in my home that need milk and other food items that need to be refrigerated.

I went through 5 bottle due to spoilage and still when I call the department they can't have anyone come fix or replace my refrigerator. They just giving me the run around from this department to that department and keep hanging up on me every time . So now what am I to do and how can I get to I real management department instead of the fake one they sending me. So the weekend is here again and I am still out of a refrigerator. Please do some with Sears they are getting horrible... I am so piss off right now if this don't resolve by today i am going and get channel 7 news on my side as i have a the recording to prove how many time i have call and how many they give me the round around you need to come and get the fridge out today...

sanibelsusan Mar 30, 2016

Sears is Horrible!!! I purchased a NEW Kenmore Top Mount Refrigerator in November 2015. It has not worked right since day one! Three Service calls, and STILL too hot in the fridge, and too cold in freezer. I was offered 1/2 off a new unit or a 1yr. MPA. I just want my money back on this piece of junk!!! The MPA is A JOKE! You must have FOUR "parts" ordered and so that would mean 7-8 service calls, due to the tech. not having parts. That is such a joke. SEARS sells these Cheap, no good appliances and I won't make that mistake again. Home Depot here I come!!

• To
    Todd Stranko Mar 05, 2016

100% agree the Protection Agreement is a joke and will never buy an appliance from Sears again. The LG refrigerator I purchased with a 5 year protection plan has a badly designed ice maker. It leans so only have the ice tray fills up and the rest pours down my freezer and coats everything in ice. First call, I gave detailed description of problem because customer service said they needed to make sure he'd have the correct parts. Took off time from work for appointment that lasted a total of 5 minutes. He looked at problem, agreed with problem, and ordered part on computer for next tech to fix. Second call, missed work again and had replacement ice maker for this as it was mailed to me. Tech saw problem then replaced it with new ice maker but he & I noticed it leaned too... It was manufactured with a weak support that will not keep the tray up. He said he was sorry but it won't fix it and have to have 4 calls before Sears will do anything about it. Ordered another new part. Third call, new ice maker installed again that was mailed to me. Said same thing. Can't fix it just to continue through 4th fix to get a new fridge. 4th call, I did not receive part in mail so asked customer service line prior to visit and they said no part was ordered or needed for this call. Tech shows up, looks at problem, and orders new part... I'm furious. Call Sears and get bounced around until get to replacement department. Asks me to hold for 5 minutes to review my service history. Comes back and tells me I've only had "one product failure" so far and need 4 for new fridge. Said part replacement does not necessarily mean product failure???? THEY CAN'T FIX IT no matter how many times they come out. They are trying to wear you down with tech calls or reach the 12 month period for 4 failures so not to honor the contract. "product failures" are purely their opinion and this contract is a waste of money and useless. Stay away from Sears for major products. It's not the Sears of old!

• Su
    Susan Yeatts Oct 12, 2015

I am having same problem with Sears and my MPA but my problem keeps getting compounded and I have had no working refrigerator for SEVEN weeks, the fridge is less than 3 years old. The part that is (supposedly) broken is ALSO under warranty (Kenmore though so... no luck there either). 5 weeks into this they approved a rental refrigerator. I have had to pre-pay for that. They will only reimburse me $50 for this. It's $25 a week and I'm on the third week starting tomorrow. I have had FOUR different COMPANIES come out to look at the refrigerator. The first person Sears sent told me he could clean the fridge but he wasn't qualified to service it (I called and told them it wasn't cooling). 5 days later someone came to look at it (2 hours late making my half day of work off turn into a full day) and spent most of the time on the phone back and forth with some service center "diagnosing". Told me he would have to order a part and it would take 2-3 weeks to come in. I was patient. Right around 2 1/2 weeks later Sears called to ask me if I "still needed service". What? They sent another technician out. That one came the next day, on time, and diagnosed a "major problem" telling me that the sealed coolant system needed replaced and he would have to wait a day or 2 for Sears to authorize the part and then he'd order it and be back in a "few days". A few days later I got an email from Sears saying that I had an appointment scheduled for today, 10/12/15 from 12-4 This email came in on 9/24 I called immediately and said that was too long to wait, I was told that's how long it would take for the part to get here and that is when I was finally authorized for a rental. Today a technician arrived, but 4 hours EARLY. Unfortunately he couldn't wait the hour and a half that I was still going to be to get home. As we spoke trying to reschedule he said "so it just stopped cooling?" WHAT? I was like YES SEVEN WEEKS AGO. "Aren't you coming to fix it today?" I asked. No... he was just coming to LOOK AT IT. I called to try to enact the lemon clause and Sears says all of my appointments just show as canceled and it has to be 3x "fixing" it before they will replace. I called the vendor that came out the 3rd time to see if they could tell me why that service call had been canceled. They told me that Sears refused to authorize the repair!!! They wanted to send another company out to look at it before authorizing an expensive repair. That technician did tell me if it wasn't covered, he'd tell me to just replace the fridge. (The problem seems to be that the sealed system for the coolant has failed.) I am now waiting for this morning's service technician to try to work me back into the schedule because Sears says my only option is to let this guy in so he can diagnose and order the parts. Seriously how many times does it have to be diagnosed before someone will actually FIX it. It's been 4 visits, 2 full and 2 half days off of work, and SEVEN WEEKS. It's sure to be 2-3 more as the technician on the phone today told me all "LG" refrigerators (that's who makes this Kenmore) take a very long time to find parts for. Also, interestingly, I wrote a review of this fridge on Sears.com several weeks ago and they chose not to publish it. Hmmmm (I took care not to use any ugly language).

• We
    Wendy Wingo Oct 05, 2015

I recently have had a refrigerator replaced by sears. My unit stopped cooling and I called sears for a service call. They put me off for 12 days before a service man could come. I am 90 years old and have had the master protection plan since the 1970's. The unit had to be replaced and I had to wait for another 14 days for my new refrigerator to be delivered. I live alone and I also used to work for sears. I have a food claim into sears that has been approved but I have not received a check for my food loss. The claim numbers are 127375 and 127376. I would like my last payment for the plan returned because I do not want the plan on my new appliance, but since sears put me of for weeks to take care of my claim they tell me that the new unit went on this years plan. I reported the unit and it was not fixable. I want my money back for my plan. When I call the 1-800 number I get the run around. I have been told that the money was put on my sears card and I authorized this, and I don't even have a sears card! I get a different story every time I call, not to mention being on hold for 40+ minutes each time. I have asked to speak with a supervisor and all I get is either put on hold again or disconnected. Please let me know what to do to get this resolved.
    M.L. Smith Rural Retreat VA

• Ro
    Robby0327 Sep 24, 2015

The main problem with the master protection agreement is that when you call in a problem, it takes them a week to come out. Our side by side went bad, and required a new compressor. We could have called a local repair agency and had next day service. When our washer malfunctioned, they fixed the transmission, but told us rust is not covered, but suggested we paint over the rust with rust proof paint, which I did. The latest quote today was for $1350. For an extension on our master protection plan. The money is not a problem, but a week to fix a major appliance is. In the older days, we could get service in a couple of days, but now to get someone out in a week, then for repairs to begin several days later is not acceptable. I would be agreeable for a higher rate for next bay service, or even a duductable for faster service rather then loose $700. Worth of food, and get $250.00 reimbursement...

• Ba
    Barreto Jul 26, 2015

Sears bs master protection do not buy it they simply will give you a run around when your tv goes bad it goes like this First you purchase the RCA 55 inch LCD TV then you buy the master protection plan after a year is up and if your tv set goes hay wire they will say we will not cover you because they feel that your tv had a pre existing problem so in other words after you pay for the master protection they are now going to pick and choose if you qualify after they said you are cover with master protection plan good luck we will reimburse your fee and you pay to fix your own TV is Master protection BS call anytime [protected] It happen to me I now buy TV at walmart

• 20
    2015 disaster Jul 07, 2015

I have had the same problem with Sears Repair. Our washer has gone out once a year the last two years. We bought it in Nov. 2012. Each time we called for repair we were given a two week out date. Then when they finally came it was the same story - we have to order parts and come back out in three more weeks. I have had it with Sears. Their Customer Service is the WORST!!! I have tried calling everyone in Sears, Supervisors, Managers, etc. and not one of them seems to really care about all the negative postings to do anything to change the way they do business. I have always purchased all my appliances from Sears in the 5 homes I have moved into in the last 20 years and they USED to be a great company - Not anymore. I will be going elsewhere from now on, not that they care.

• Ed
    e. delgado Jun 15, 2015

June 5 Called sears for a non sears frig repair. No prob would cost $116 for service call but offered maint. Plan and would only pay $60 deductable for up to $500 cost, . And service call waived. Maint. To cost 39.99 per month including other appliances and to sent me contract which I still have not rec. They sent tech the same day, I was impressed. Prob was compressor. Tech said part would be deliver following week and service would be June 16. I was not happy to wait but agreed. Called sears on June 12 and June 13 to let them know part had not arrived, they acknowledged that part was coming and someone would return my call within 24 hrs., no one called until june15 day before repair was scheduled. I called to let them know again that part had not arrived and was on hold for 30 min. Then called again and was told part to be delivered on June 17 and rescheduled service UNTIL JUNE 26! 21 days w/o a fridge. I am87 live alone and very upset. I insisted to talk to mgr. Waited15 min and finally got him on phone. I insisted that if part came on June 17 I wanted service same day or next just like they sent someone same day on service call, they could also fix it sooner. Mgr. Said I would be set on priority for June 18-20 but no later than june26. If I had known so much time and trouble I would have called some else. Thinking of canceling maint. But don't know where I stand and have not rec. Contract. Not a happy customer I do have an acct. With sears for years. I feel they are ready to hook you to a contract with quick service call but lousy to repair. I even asked where was part coming from..china?

• Ln
    lnctwm Jun 10, 2015

We were encouraged to buy the MP plan before 30 days was up on our kenmore fridge from the outlet center. I read up on it and asked the Employee at sears several questions. LONG story short, after it was delivered with the control panel not working, repaired 3 times ( the last repair person also broke the compressor while here) then deemed it unrepairable. Time for a brand new replacement right? After all that is what the Master Protection plan agrees to!

NO - we were told our manufactures warranty trumps our Master protection plan for a full year. Which means...no new fridge. Even though the employee at the store SPECIFICALLY told us it would be replaced with a brand new fridge if it was ever deemed irreparable..she told us this after our fridge had already had 2 technicians out to fix it..so we thought..well, better safe then sorry! So we bought the MP plan. Well we found out this is NOT the case...We have to take our broken fridge back and use that money as a credit towards another outlet fridge. What is the point of buying the master protection plan? If it just means I am needlessly double covered? This is ridiculous...we are going on 30 days and counting now and I will NEVER buy from sears again.

On top of that when I called last Friday to process a replacement for our fridge I was told by an employee that it would take 48 hours to process and get our money. We woke up the next day realizing the compressor had gone out and my wife called (on Friday) and asked if they could expedite the replacement money so we could get a fridge since the repair person broke the compressor and we had a warm fridge. They said it hadn't been processed until that morning and it wouldn't be until Wednesday that they could have the money ready. We called today and was on the phone for 2 hours with the only knowledgeable patient and good representative we have spoken to. And she said there weren't any notes in the system at all and then told us about how the manufactures warranty trumps the Master Protection Plan. She was the first person to tell us this during 30 days of this mess.

My family is coming into town tonight for a full week from out of state and we won't have a fridge. BEYOND FRUSTRATED. Needless to say we called right away and returned the Master Protection plan.

dojoson Jan 16, 2015

I have a whole story to tell but for now I will stick with repairs. It’s really not so much Sears but the worthless contractors they hire for repairs and delivery. We bought a brand new refrigerator and the compressor is shot, dead, capoot. Asked for a repair man, was given a time between 3:30pm and 7pm, repairman decided to not show up and called to cancel appointment with the excuse we don’t work after 4:00pm. You would think he would have had the decency to call or the company would have called to state their working hours and that Sears should have known their working hours as well. That is where Sears is screwing up. Ps been with Sears and have family members working for Sears for 30 years+. It’s time for a massive class action lawsuit.

Mary Love Jan 12, 2015

I just read most of the above complaints and I'm getting goose bumps. One week ago, I purchased a new Kenmore French door bottom freezer refrigerator and a smooth top electric stove. My question to Sears is "Why are your products breaking down within a year or even within five years ? per customer complaints. Are your products of lesser quality than previously. I had two Kenmore refrigerators in the last 30 years, never had maintenance on either one. The new appliances are very expensive, so why do we, the customers even have to consider purchasing a Protection Agreement????, which is also very expensive. An extra $850.00 for a five year plan on both Stove & Refrigerator is totally ridiculous. Sears should back their products without customer having to worry that their appliances will need repairs within 5 or even 8 years. The high price of the appliance should cover any repairs within at least 8 years including parts, labor, house call, whatever. Maybe it's time for us consumers to involve news media, or even go a step further if we're paying big dollars for JUNK. I hope to GOD, I can still honor SEARS name with my new appliances.

• Ge
    George Perera Jan 06, 2015

These disatified stories are exactly what happened with my washer. they have now completed their six visit and the problem still there. Customer Services is a joke. The escalation department reads from scripted messages in favor of Sears and provide no help. The wait period for parts is seven days. I have been without a washer for two months. They have now scheduled the next visit in seven days. I am cancelling all my MPA's and not buying at Sears again.

Dolemite Jones Oct 24, 2014

I would recommend that anyone here who's purchased an MPA or RPA and is having issues with service, or the PA department, contact your local Sears store and ask to speak with a manager, or contact Sears customer solutions. There are ways to escalate service issues and get your problem resolved. I am a store manager for a local Sears Hometown Store, and I have to say that I've seen the Protection Agreement help a lot of people. There have been times that I've had to become personally involved to get a customer taken care of, but that is what we're there for. Anyone who feels that the MPA is a scam, should take a close look at the quality of products that are being built these days. Sorry, but you can't blame Sears for that. We're selling, for the most part, the same stuff that everyone else is selling. Furthermore, if you feel like the Protection Agreement isn't a good value to you, you do have a full year to cancel it and get 100% of your money back. No other retailer, that I'm aware of, will give you that guarantee.

dobryant Sep 19, 2014

I purchased a mp plan with Sears for a refrigerator. I truly believed it to be a lemon from the beginning. It constantly leaked and froze over numerous time. I had many service calls. It could never be repaired. Instead of replacing it, sears gave me the runaround for months. I can't tell you how much food we lost( more that the $250 they provide you with for reimbursement. I am so disheartened by my experience with Sears . I have always bought every appliance from Sears for over 20 years but never again.. I am done. My refrigerator still is not repaired as we speak and I am told in order to continue, I need to pay for another plan. Why would I pay sears to fix something that they have failed to fix in two years. I am so disappointed. I was a loyal customer who bragged of my Sears experiences but never again.

• Ke
    KENMORE Aug 28, 2014

would like to file a claim for lost food. can not find the form. i have been without my refragator for three weeks and they said the earlest they can get here is sept, 5, would you think they would offer a loaner or something. it is hard to be without a refragaor and freezer this long.

• Da
    David Mulkey Aug 01, 2014

Why am I typing this? My complaint of the Sears Master Protection Agreement is practically a duplicate of the other stories I have read. I have a Master Protection Agreement with Sears on several appliances. My refrigerator currently does not work. Took 3 weeks to get a tech. to the house. He had to order a part that took 2 weeks to arrive. It took 2 additional weeks to get the tech back to install the part and was told the refrigerator is now fixed. Within an hour of his leaving water began to pour from beneath the refrigerator onto the floor. I could smell the strong odor of burning wire. I unplugged the refrigerator and noted when I opened the freezer door the compartment was filled with smoke. I called the fire department and was told it was safe but not to plug in the unit until a service tech. repaired it. Once again Im on a waiting list for an available service tech. I have had no refrigerator for almost a month now and no idea when I will. No matter now many calls to Sears or Sears supervisors, still only a waiting list. I have never received any money to replace the food ruined. BUT, all this complaining, I want to know how Sears can be made to provide the service they promised or give back the money.
    David Mulkey

[email protected] Nov 06, 2013

Wow! It is a joke...I purchased a washer with the same Master Protection thinking I'd get a new one if it broke down. Within 2 weeks of purchase I had a problem and have had the same problem for 3 years now! Constantly calling their foreign call service centers that you can't understand and disconnect you when they don't agree with you. Finally, you get an appointment and they never ever have been on time...3-4 hours late is the norm for me. So my recent fridge, dishwasher and stove and all been purchased elsewhere!!! DO NOT SHOP AT SEARS>>>>>>>SEND THEM OUT OF BUSINESS FOR THEIR LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Sh
    shameonsears Aug 14, 2013

I purchased a Kenmore freezer and also the master protection plan, came home from work opened the freezer everything is melted and hot and stunk. Freezer not working at all. needless to say I had a mess to clean. I call sears service dept. go through this technical support crap like is it plugged in, is the outlet working. after about 45 min. on the phone with her she tells me the master protection plan does not cover the first food loss it only covers the second loss, that was like a spit in my face, I would have rather her call me a fool because that is what I would have been if I would have believed what she said. Really she should have been fired if she didn't know what the contract said, she doesn't have enough sense to help someone with technical support. Then I was transferred over to another service tech, to set up an appointment, I was told they did not have anything in my area at this time and could not make me a service appointment, but he said a tech would call me back within 48 hours, 48 hours passed no call so I call back and talk to another person and they tell me they have no record of me calling. I supposedly now have an appointment for Saturday, ( three weeks later ) . But you can believe the sears store I purchased my freezer in sure didn't hesitate on taking my money for the freezer or the warranty. I will never purchase anything sears again., and I have spent lots of money with them in the past. Shame on sears for having such a poor customer service dept. And shame on them for selling sorry products.

• Se
    Sears sure does suck May 13, 2013

Sears sucks alright, another customer very unhappy. I buy big dollar items so they last, i should by the junk. Then replace it. Sears says, whoops wrong soap, oh sorry its the water, oh might be a sensor, nope its the heater, oh maybe the element, 8 freaking months still no dishwasher!!! I have almost lost my job over this junk. I hate sears!!!

CHL1957 Feb 11, 2013

We purchased an LG dishwasher from Sears in September 2012. t is now January 2013 and the technician is upstairs doing the 6th service on the dishwasher because it does not drain. They have replaced parts twice and once the technician insisted there was nothing wrong with it. We bought the master protection plan which Sears is now refusing refusing to honor. We should have learned from our last experience when we purchased a freezer from Sears. 5 1/2 years ago We had 14 service calls for the same problem (it did not freeze) and lost two loads of food from spoilage before they finally agreed to replace the appliance. Two lessons that we will not forget from this experience. Do not purchase anything from Sears and never purchase an LG appliance.

• Ra
    RainH2O Jan 29, 2013

Well, after getting the main headquarters involved, it all worked out in the end. The head office agreed with us and cut a check for the loss. If only this could have been taken care of at the "local" level, things could have gone a lot easier. Sometimes you have to rattle a few cages to right a wrong, but it's worth it in the end. If Sears would do a better follow-thru, they could possibly make it back to where they once were, at the top.

• Ra
    RainH2O Jan 02, 2013

Sears's is after your money, not to give you reliable service. We bought our Sam-sung French Door Refrigerator around 6/11 with the additional warranty time, but it didn't help. During the time that my wife was sick, Dec 12, 2012, no one called maintenance, no one was actually in the kitchen very much. After about 3 days, when my wife was able to get up and around, she noticed that the fridge was showing "OF" instead of temps. It finally struck us that neither the fridge, nor the freezer was working. Called the maintenance number to schedule an appointment and after wrangling with them for about 45 minutes, we got an appointment within 5 days. Now the maintenance agreement doesn't actually go into effect until the Tech show up and starts his thing. So we can't rent or buy a small fridge and hope for reimbursement. Well, the Tech had a 1 pm to 5 pm show time, didn't happen. He actually showed up about 8:15 in the evening. He worked on the fridge for 30 - 45 minutes and couldn't get the main board or anything else to work for him. He told us that we'd have to wait till someone (him) to come during the time that they could call their Tech Support for the Sam-sung. He told us he could verify the food loss and everything else. But he didn't give us the paperwork for the food loss. He came the next day and with the help of his tech support, and about another 30 - 45 minutes futzing around with the fridge, got it working. He gave me the paperwork that said that he called STAC and reprogrammed unit to force it out of Demo Mode. He told us that somehow the main board lost ground and got locked into Demo Mode. Now everyone and their mother that I've talk to at Sears, and whoever runs the Food Loss section tells us that we're just S.O.L. Because the technician didn't have to change a part so they say they don't have to cover the food loss. Here's the rule from the book, "Within any continuous twelve (12) month period during the Term of this Agreement we will reimburse you for any food spoilage that is the result of a mechanical failure of the Covered Product(s). The mechanical failure must be verified by us." What do I have to do now to get them to pay for our food loss? Anyone?!

• Mi
    miyagi06 Jan 02, 2013

I have a similar nightmare story with a washing machine as the horror stories I just read. Easy to see why someone goes "postal". One repair appointment was cancelled due to inclement weather - 55 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, dry pavement. I asked where the repairman is coming from - the entire state is clear and dry. Of course they can't tell me that. May I talk to routing? - of course not! It has been 8 weeks now (four scheduled appointments - taken off work for each one- only 2 actually happened) and the washer is still not fixed. Fifth time is a charm?

Purchased an LG mircrowave from Home Depot with a service/repair plan. Had one issue that needed repair. They showed up on time with the part and were finished in half an hour. I will never buy anything from Sears again (anything!)! They deserve to go out of business and stop dorking people around.

• Fe
    Fedupwithsears Dec 19, 2012

Sears Master Policy and their techs. are a scam. Called to have dishwasher repaired because it was leaking. Tech. # 1 said it was a hose and I needed a new tub. He ordered the hose but not the tub because they discontinued it. Said he would try to just fix with hose. Told me to take the dishwasher out and put it in my backyard so he could fix it. My husband & I are in our 60's !!! Tech #2 came to install hose, but he said my hose is fine, I need a tub. It is almost Christmas and I am having 25 guests without a dishwasher. Sears told me I could rent one, but for sanitation reasons they do not rent them in CA. Shop somewhere else !! Now * have to wait 10 BUSINESS days for them to "research" for the part. SEARS you are AWFUL.

• Ca
    castillo 1 Mar 06, 2012

sears is a joke . Sears sold my parents a samsung frig side by side with in the first day we got it home it would not give water. Called sears and demanded them to replace it which fineally they did. One year later samsung frig quits working and we call sears protection plan and sent a tecnician. Tecnician has been here about 5 times and replaces parts and still can't fix it . Been about 4 months now and still can't fix it I think sears is going to rebuild it all till the tec figures it out.. Been calling sears about replacement lemon clause but keep giving me run around . I am dispointed at sears on they treat there customers...