Sears Kenmore Elite French Door RefrigeratorDept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly

G

The us department of energy reached an agreement with lg electronicis in reference to sears trio & elite french door refrigerator / freezers with through the door ice / water, with model numbers starting with 795, manufactured by lg.
The above described units have lost their energy star rating, are not energy efficient, and if you 'google' doe agreement lg refrigerator energy, you will find that; lg manufactured the sears french door refrigerator / freezer, and that lg knew of the us dept. Of energy's procedures for confirming claims made by the manufacturer (Lg) in order to obtain the energy star rating (This is also the monetary amounts shown on the yellow tag that advise you as the amount of money this unit should cost to operate for one year) , and with that knowledge, lg maliciously and intentionally inserted a circuit board, that would recognize the fact that doe testing was occuring, and would shut down certain operations of the product, so that a false reading would show the utilization of less electricity than the unit would really utilize in your home or during testing.
Lg being aware that the seal on the doors are not keeping in the cold, and the front doors are insulated improperly, especially in the area of the ice maker (This is why if you touch the font doors, they are cold, the sides are not) , hence, a refrigerator that is statically giving off too much cold air, and not keeping the cold inside the refrigerator, and doubling the cost of the operation of the unit.
Lg knowing all of this, placed in the circuit board, an ap that when certain criteria was met (As in testing, and during your your personal use, etc.) the unit would shut down the operation of the refrigerator / freezer, thus falsely reporting a lower energy useage. The ap shuts down the part of the unit that keeps the humidiy low (Frost free) in the refrigerator and freezer, thus when a certain ambient temperture in a certain area of the refrigerator / freezer unit is reached, the unit shuts down, resulting in food & drink in the refrigerator being covered in condensation, uneven cooling, foods not being kept at 40 degrees or less (As required when refrigeration is required of a food) , and now the need of your residence's hvac system to compensate for the energy loss from the refrigerator into your kitchen, etc.
This now explains why i must set the thermostat temps far below 40 degrees in the refrigerator and far below zero in the freezer, to keep food cold and or frozen. It explains why the inside of my refrigerator is always full of condensation, and different areas are different temperatures.
Lg agreed with doe that they are willling to send a tech out to replace the circuit board, so that your energy consumption doubles, while it is alledged that inside the refrigerator and freezer the humidity will be kept low and free of frost, while not fixing the front doors problem.
Lg is will to send the consumer 7 - 30 dollars, per year, for a period up to 14 years as compensation for additional energy uesage of the unit.
Why has no one sued sears & lg yet? This would be a class, and the circuit board, already caught by doe, which lg has admitted to fraudulently placing in the unit, is evidence against lg, proving intentional fraud. The amount to make me whole again is much more than $4 a year.
Sears has made no attempt to contact me in this matter. Calls to sears are fruitless, as they claim to not know anything about this matter. Calls to lg result in being told that since i didn't send my registration card in, they could not find me to notify me, even though i paid for it through my sears account.

RESOLVED

• Pr
    Professor Wizard Nov 21, 2017

It is 2017, and things have not improved with these units it would seem. I purchased a new 74025 from the Sears Store in October of this year... (yes, 2 months now) Right out of the box, it never felt cold to me, so I put an HVAC Thermometer in to track real temps... I I find it only go to 37 on the low swing, and averages 40/41 with 42 on the high swing, with the temp setting on the panel set to 34. (if you set it higher, the fridge gets warmer). Sears sent techs out 4 times and each time they state the fridge works fine because it will cool to 37, (they even questioned me as to why I wanted it to cool to 34) I bought this fridge to replace my 13 year old Frigidaire that maintained 34 degrees with a 1 degree flux with no problems, but my wife liked these french door units and wanted an upgrade... I picked this one because the display indicated that you could set the fridge to 33 if you wanted... and I assumed - like my old fridge did - the display would show the current temp... When in actuality, it does not show current temp, and now I learn the temp you set it too, is irrelevant to the actual temp, according to Sears. (( I accuse LG of disabling these digital displays from showing current temp to avoid service calls.)) One tech told me standards say 5 degree irreverence is OK... WHAT???? So, Since the techs say the fridge is OK, even though it will not go to the settings you set it to, and actually averages at 40 when the national average is supposed to be 37. Sears is washing its hands of me, telling me to call them when it finally just quits.
    I have bought Sears Appliances for over 40 years... This is my last! With more people like me, I now see why Sears is going under! Bye bye Sears... you will soon be nothing more then a Wiki post gone the way of Famous Barr.

• Wa
    WACLino Oct 03, 2016

We have a 2012 Kenmore Elite 795.72052 that has been nothing less than a lemon. We have had service multiple times a year since 2012.
    We have had a fan/heater installed 2 different circuit boards and on and on..
    The service people we have had are absolutely fantastic and they are as frustrated as it is Sears/LG that is the problem.
    Yes, we are complaining!

• Ae
    aeman Jun 19, 2016

Kenmore Elite model 7205. Purchased 12-13. Compressor failed and was replaced under warranty 11-15, again 12-15, again 4-16 and now once again 6-16. We're done with this refrigerator. Each time it goes out, it is two weeks to have service come out, order the replacement compressor and then return again to install. Sears seems to be willing to repeat this repair for up to the ten year warranty on the compressor versus work with us to replace the obviously defective refrigerator. By my math with 7.5 years to go at an average of 3 replacement compressors per year, and the 4 already replaced, that works out to about 26 compressor replacements. What's the definition of insanity??? Keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome? C'mon Sears. Be the company you were once and step up and do the right thing!!!

• Lo
    Lori K McIntyre Apr 20, 2016

We bought the Kenmore Elite at clearance for about 1/2 the original price and were VERY satisfied. We had NO issues with this item and then the honeymoon ended! I noticed the vegetables in the vegetable drawer were becoming frozen as stated in previous posts. Tried to fix by raising temp a degree on fridge. This helped some. We go out of town for a couple/few days and come home to the fridge off! It had gone off not too long after we left house! I pushed the freezer button and that turned the unit on again. Maybe we had a power outage or a surge. Didn't think anything of it until it happened again! To make this short and sour, technician has been out to our house 3 times (2ce for that and once for motherboard burning up) and is due out again today for possibly same mb issue.
    DO NOT purchase this item! I am VERY disappointed as I REALLY liked this refrigerator!

• Jd
    Jdnoh Jan 28, 2016

Well my refrigerator doesn't have condensation in it buy the technician has been out 10 times now, 3 compressorso 3 evaporators still not fixed, not buying sears anymore. They used to be great, now it's obvious that they could care less about customer service. Never had an issue with the ice maker or doors ( must have got one that was built in the middle of the week). If they don't fixed it might be willing to part out. Hahaha. I went an bought another refrigerator couldn't wait any longer.

• Cy
    cyost Jan 28, 2016

I think I have most of the same issues with my Kenmore Elite 795.7205. It has the Er 1F. Ice maker currently not working and I am not going to fix it until I understand the bigger issue. I have replace the mother board, the evaporator fan motor, a defrost sensor and now they have ordered a new defrost heater. I too had my floor ruined as the line leaked water all over my floor at installation. I was successful in filing a claim for my floor but have paid out almost $1400 for sequential repairs over the past year and a half. The tech indicates the LG support line simply reviews the schematics and suggests the part needed. It has been a real guessing game. There is definitely an engineer defect most likely due to sneaky measures to obtain energy star rating. You can email me if we need to join in to fight this. [email protected] I will try first with Sears for due diligence and give them the opportunity to fix the problem and then class action and my media connections if all else fails. I am have been forever haunted by this frig for the last year and have used my old GE in the garage that was worked faithfully for over 15 years. It is a sad state of affairs when manufacturers are allowed to over design with bells and whistles yet and under deliver as their engineering and integrity stinks!

Mags59 Jul 20, 2017

@cyost Did you ever get a satisfactory result . I'm having so many of the same issues as almost everyone on this board? Wondering how best to proceed. Thx

• Jd
    Jdnoh Nov 02, 2015

Supposed to be getting my refrigerator fixed today but the part never showed up so the technician won't be coming out have never had any problems with Kenmore before but I guess they don't make them like they used to so this is my last 10 more I'm never buying

• Cl
    ClaraD Oct 08, 2015

I bought the Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator in 2013. 8 months later water poured out of the ice/water dispenser onto our hardwood floor late at night. needless to say, it ruined the floor. We started having problems with the ice-maker - ice jamming, ice maker not producing ice, water pouring out of the ice-maker into the freezer. Called Sears repair at the 13 month point (Just past the 1 year Warranty). The guys who came to repair did a quick fix that lasted a week. We called them out again within the month - again a quick fix that did not last a month. We decided to call for repair each and every time the ice-maker would fail again since they are required to fix the problem without additional charge to us ( we paid for the first visit but not for the 4 more visits within a 4 month period). The final "quick fix" was to tape a wedge to the top of the ice-box so that it will engage the door switches on top inside freezer. it worked for months but just stopped again 2 weeks ago. A 2nd problem developed at the same time the ice-maker failed - CONDENSATION INSIDE THE REFRIGERATOR. 1 of the repair-men took the back inside panel out and there was mold covering the fan. He ordered a new Fan and new insulation for the back panel as it was also covered in mold. Fast Forward 6 months and mold is developing again. I am presently looking for a new Refrigerator as this one is now a health hazard. I kept the fan and the insulation that was pulled out as evidence if and when the long overdue class action lawsuit develops. I was loyal to Sears because I worked at Sears back in the day when their motto was "Satisfaction Guaranteed or your money back" - That was a long time ago. So Disappointed in SEARS and whoever is responsible for producing this refrigerator. A few companies come up when you google manufacturers of this product.

chpdge Sep 29, 2015

i also have a kenmore elite refrigerator that condensates on the freezer door and the ice maker has been frozen up for 6 months, the seals around the refrigerator door do not seal well at all, we bought this in 2013 . the sears repair man gave us a quote of 2300.00 dollars to replace the door because of the insulation problem. this has to get resolved

• Sc
    Scot R Sep 25, 2015

5-year old Kenmore Elite refrigerator and it is done. Tec says there is a refrigerant leak and he has never seen one that is repairable. he did tell us we were lucky to have had it for 5 years. He sees this issue as early as 6 months. the extended warranty offers $500.00. What is that going to do. We are done with Sears. the service is horrendous. We have two more weeks to wait before we find out if it can be repaired. What's up with that? thank God we have the old fridge in the garage.

• Re
    Rebecca O'Bradovich Eberhart Aug 27, 2015

My Kenmore elite 795.7205 has completely stopped working. Bought from Sears and have had only 4 years

• Ca
    Calgirl50 Jul 17, 2015

We have the Kenmore Elite 795 refigerator and extremely unhappy with it. The ice maker makes noise constantly and keeps jamming up so we have to dump out the ice and try to jislog the pieces of ice that are stuck. It's not because we don't use it, we do everyday and that's what is so crazy. Also, the dispenser switch is rusting? Another issue, the bottom freezer drawer always has condensation on it???? We have never had a refigerator that the doors were extremely cold on touch and freezer sweat! It was expensive and not worth what we paid for what we got! It's only a year old and Sears has been out 3 times but never does anything. What happened to the "old" Sears reputation???

• Ca
    Calgirl50 Jul 17, 2015

We have the Kenmore Elite 795 and are also not satisfied. It makes a lot of noise in general not sure why? The ice marker has given us problems and Sears has ignored under warranty but not saying we would need to relate it? It's just a year old? WHAT???? Also, the dispenser switch is rusting??? The bottom freezer draw always has condensation on it which I've never had on any refigerator. Not happy with this since it was a very expensive refigerator and it isn't holding up to the "old" Sears reputation.

• Bo
    Bobbie Champagne Jul 14, 2015

I have had the same problem with my refrigerator, Kenmore Elite Grab-N-Go, Bottom Freezer as the individuals above. Please add me to the list of disappointed customers. BGC

• Ka
    KatDel Jun 09, 2015

Anyone having trouble with mold growing from the condensation in between the doors? We also have the Kenmore Elite French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model. It's concerning to me because we cannot get the mold to go away and we have young children in the house who are in and out of the refrigerator all of the time.

Maryt2 Jun 04, 2015

We purchased the Kenmore Elite French Door Bottom Freezer Refrigerator Model 795.72052.110. The light is visible at the bottom of the upper right hand door. Which means the light is not turning off and the door is not closing properly. Also, it currently has the ER IF code. Apparently the ice maker fan is frozen up, circuit board damaged, or some other issue in the general area. My husband wanted this model because when it was first produced, it had the largest available capacity- 31 cu.ft. After reading the other reviews, it is obvious that these refrigerators have serious design flaws. I am surprised there has not been a class action suit over the issues. I have researched and found numerous complaints, but no actual recall on this unit. I am currently trying to decide to repair the refrigerator or just pull my old one back into the kitchen. I'm using it now as a back up. It worked fine, but my husband always believes that bigger is better. In fact, it still works great. Now I have concerns over the supposed energy efficiency. I am thinking it might be best to cut my losses and ditch this lemon before I invest anymore money. I just wonder why nothing has been done about these issues.

• Al
    Allacen May 23, 2015

Please help! Sears pulled a fast one on us! We had a Samsung French door which had many issues and was in a class action complaint They resolved by selling us a Kenmore Elite795-7105 in 2013 and taking the Samsung back No idea that this was having an issue I called twice during warranty to complain about ss doors feeling cold and getting condensation on them and was told this is normal and I shouldn't use the energy saving cycle now 3 months after the warranty is over the bottom door won't close tons of condensation in the refrigerator and it leaks!!!No information from Sears about these issues We thought we were getting an energy saving product! What do we do?

• Ba
    Ban Chinesestuff Dec 27, 2014

Agreed - I removed a shelf to clean it and when I flexed it a tiny bit it exploded; I ordered the part but the shelf was back ordered and took 2-3 months to come in. Besides that, the ice maker has stopped functioning numerous times - eventually starting again, but we can never count on it to work.

• Fu
    Fussner Nov 29, 2014

Our story is the same as all the above. Please add my name to the list if someone decides to take on Sears in court.

Margaret7676 Oct 10, 2014

This refrigerator is THE WORST PIECE OF CRA+ I'VE EVER OWNED!!! Everything was replaced within the first year! Ice maker 3 times, plastic parts that hold the veggies & fruits drawers kept cracking, Motor replaced twice, Motor fan replaced twice, glass that goes on top of veggies & fruits that just shattered into a million pieces for NO apparent reason replaced once, the rubber around the door, which has since torn again replaced once, the rubber around the ice maker which by the way NO LONGER WORKS because its frozen replace once!! Everything fills with water in the water/ice dispenser and literally freezes all the metal parts. Oh and now the light on the ice and water dispenser is turning off and on over and over NONE STOP!! & as long as its doing that the refrigerator motor WILL NOT TURN ON!!! We are literally just waiting for it to completely die!! What is WORSE is in order to keep the service contract which we NO longer have, it was going to cost me $498.00 a year and every year we have this piece of crap, the service contract only goes up in price!! For 500 bucks I'd rather go buy another refrigerator!!! My husband is so frustrated he is threatening to load up this refrigerator & to go to sears in the middle of the night, make a donut in front of Sears door and let the piece of crap land where it may!!! I however, I'm NOT going with him if he does!! :) Had to throw in a little humor there!! I WANT MY ACCOUNT CREDITED FOR THIS PIECE OF CRAP THAT I AM STILL PAYING FOR!!! If anyone hears of a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT PLEASE CONTACT ME @ [email protected] gmail.com I WOULD LOVE TO BE A PART OF IT!!! >:|

• La
    Laclome Nov 07, 2013

We bought our Kenmore Elite French Door/Bottom Drawer Freezer in May 2012 with a 3 year Service Plan. The ice maker failed on September 15, 2013 and that was the begging of the horror story. 1st Technician ordered parts that were made obsolete by a maintenance alert and had to be reordered by the Tech that showed up to install the 1st parts order. The alert was for updated parts that were to correct the problems with the freezer not defrosting properly and building up ice behind the freezer panel. 3rd Tech installed the reordered parts...2 new fans, new control board and 1 other part. He turned it on and left, but the freezer did not work and refrigerator barely below 60 degrees. 4th Tech said the compressor was bad. Ordered new compressor, that one was bad too. Ordered another compressor, installed, but 6 hours later the freezer and refrigerator STILL did not work. Finally [censor]ed enough to get a replacement. We'll see if the same problems come up with the replacement which is to be delivered tomorrow. Did not have a properly working unit from 9/15/13 till now 11/9/13. What a PITA!

• Tw
    twisttop Sep 20, 2013

This kennmore elite french door refrigerator is the biggest piece of junk that i have ever purchased. I have had ice maker issues, numerous water lines breaking and plastic pieces breaking inside the refrigerator. I also have the front load elite washer and dryer that are also built so cheap they are Pieces of sh#t. I will never buy a Kennmore appliance again.

• Ni
    Nita Vorisek Aug 21, 2013

We add our complaint about the Kenmore Elite Refrig. Sears refuses to accept any responsibility for the fact that so many of us who bought this refrig. have suffered from (Sears' KNOWN problem), early failure of their product! Their attitude is that we should have purchased an extended warranty for it when it was offered. My argument is that an appliance, especially one that costs over $2700, should be reliable and should not need an extended warranty to protect it from malfunctions in less than 2 years! It used to be that Sears' Kenmore appliances were known for such quality that purchasers didn't need to purchase an extended warranty in order to know that they were buying a product with KNOWN failures for at least a couple of years! NOT SO ANYMORE! Sears doesn't even have the honesty to publish on their sales website those reviews from the customers who have owned and lived through the failures of this Kenmore Elite refrigerator! How's that for honesty?! We're DONE with Sears. The company used to be honest - an American icon - but no more! They deserve the dwindling share of the market that they can get, and the ultimate failure that will result from their shabby business ethics.

• Ti
    Ticked in Oregon Jul 22, 2013

We purchased a Kenmore Elite model 795-7205 in November of 2011...noticed we do not get ice most of the time...no matter how high we turned the ice maker...3 days ago we noticed our freezer was not freezing our meat, the refrig temp was 46 degrees...called out repair man...our whole evaporator coils had gone bad...a leak somewhere...the part $700 plus cost of repair. Called Sears for some help...women was very rude...asked me didn't I purchase insurance when i purchase a auto...yes...but the auto comes with a warrenty longer than 12 months and the insurance I purchase is for my mistakes of accidents...not a crucial part of the item being bad! We will NEVER purchase anything from Sears again...

• Ba
    Barmitch Jul 19, 2013

I've got the same elite French door model purchased in June 2012. Just recently it started freezing the drinks next to the ice maker, and also the vegetables. I'm going to cut my losses and sell it ASAP. I will then purchase a Samsung or some other model. Just a caution on Samsung. Our 2012 front loading washer collapsed and had to be replace. Samsung could/would not supply parts so Samsung may not be the answer.

• Mh
    M Herron Jul 18, 2013

We bought Kenmore Elite French Door refrigerator model #795.7204 in February, 2012. In September 2012, it had Error code F1, which apparently is a known problem with this frig. It was repaired under warranty as the frig was only 7 months old. This morning, July 17, 2013, the frig is again showing error F1. The ice in the icemaker is melting, and none of the front cotrols are operable. I would have to pay for this repair myself as it is no longer warranty, but I had purchased a service agreement at the time of the first service for $400+ (must have had a premonition), so it will be repaired under the service agreement this time next week. I have been noticing food freezing near the icemaker area, and now I know freezing was due to the F1 error problem. I imagine that this problem is going to happen again and again as the repair will not fix the inherent design flaw that causes the problem in the first place. I am quite disgusted not only with this recurring F1 error problem, but also about the Energy Star rating fraud I just read about. When I shelled out a lot of money for this refrigerator, I thought that I was getting a nice product. My old GE refrig has been around for more than 15 years without any problem (still using it as the second frig). I will not be buying a LG-made refrigerators in the future (which I fear will not be that long away) .

• Dr
    drmart May 20, 2013

We have a Sears Elite Refrig model #795.72052.111 which has started malfunctioning at 11 months. Error message Er fF. Freezer fan replaced, mother board replaced, still malfunctioning. Sears tells me we have to have 4 service repair calls to engage the "lemon" law. I find it interesting that so many of you have had problems with the Elite refrigerators. I thought I was getting a Whirlpool product, sad to hear it was manufactured by LG. Sears has lost a 40 yr customer over this product. By the way we paid over $3500 including a 5 year service contract, delivery and installation, and so far cannot get any satisfaction from Sears. Now I find they lied about the energy savings. Maybe these facts are why I rarely see other customers in Searsl.

• Do
    Donald G May 11, 2013

I purchsed a kenmore elite french door/bottom freezer model 795.72049.110 in May 2012. No major issues yet. I am wondering about the energy efficient certification on this model and if it has the circuit board issues, etc. Our complaints are the spring hinge on the left door which dosent "close" the sealing flap completely and you have to push it back in each time you open the doors. A small spring at the bottom hinge is not adequate to pull the flap back. Ice maker is generally ok, but does spray ice out on the floor, etc.

• Pa
    Pattiboy Nov 03, 2012

I just bought a new Grab and Go Kenmore Elite 795-7206. Will check date of production, but wondering if they have resolved the problems re cooling, ice units and, good heavens, fires. "They", Sears...says if we have problems, they will replace it with a refrigerator of same value... I am concerned, altho it is 2012, and these complaints were 2009.
    Please let me know. Thanks.

• Fr
    fred w Oct 31, 2011

I am more than will to join a class action lawsuit against sears and LG. The inside light stays on sometimes and ruins the food, so now I have a $1000 fridge with no inside light- [email protected]

• Se
    Severensen Aug 29, 2011

Sears "Elite" Refrigerators are pieces of crap! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY, I guarantee it will need countless repairs, and they will eventually add up to more than you paid for the refrigerator in the first place. I have had an Elite side by side since 2002 and it has been repaired 7 times already! Sears does not stand behind their products anymore, and the "customer service" is a joke. Sears is not the company they used to be, don't be fooled!

• Cy
    cyndi shelton Aug 25, 2011

my trio is a piece of crap...spent 1900.00 in june 2005 and today completly warm and everything in freezer defrosted waiting for repair man tomorrow now no fridge and everything ruined...i will never buy anything from sear ever ever ever again

• Ka
    Kathy2011 Jul 02, 2011

We are having the same trouble. We have had 5 replacement refigerator and now the seal on the door is tearing. I got the same song and dance about the $70 to look at it. I do not intend to pay them a dime. This is a warranty issue. I will never do business with Sears again. We are selling our home and I will be shopping at Lowes or Home Depot, never Sears again.

• SearsCare Jun 26, 2011

Dear Orvis Haney:
    My name is Susan and I’m part of the Social Media Escalations team. I saw this comment and I want to reach out to you to see if we can be of assistance. I am very sorry that you have had or are currently having so many problems with your refrigerator. We value your business very much and want to help you resolve the issues you are having. We are a single point of contact for escalated concerns which means we step into a situation and handle it start to finish with one Case Manager. At your convenience, please send an email to [email protected] with your contact phone number and any other information you would like to provide to us regarding this situation. We will get that information over to a Case Manager who will contact you so that you won't have to continue to be impacted by this. Also, please provide the screen name (Orvis Haney) for reference to your issue and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

Susan R.
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

• Py
    Python287 Jun 23, 2011

Keep in mind that when you purchase a extended warranty from Sears -there is a built in commission for the sales person. Instead go to a Lowe's - as they price match any other store- and their extended warranties have no hidden fees.

Sears is a criminal element as far as I am concerned- they don't care what happens to you or your appliance- after you leave the store.

If you have a problem with a Kenmore Appliance - send your complaint to: [email protected]

This will get results - be polite but stick to your guns..

• Or
    Orvis Haney Jun 22, 2011

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 795 refrigerator. This is the worst refrigerator I have ever owned. The ice maker is a total joke. It makes so little ice that it's practically useless. You can't get a standard height glass under the water dispensor without turning it to an angle that the glass overflows without being full. At times items in the refrigerator section freeze and at other times they are not cold enough. I now have an error message - Er 1F showing. I looked in the book furnished with the refrigerator - NO HELP AT ALL. I now understand why Sears bugs it's coustomers to death to buy the service agreement! It's not just to make money - IT'S A WARNING.

I'm in a quandry - Throw the thing away and buy another brand or pay for a fix that apparently doesn't help.

• Mi
    mijo30012 May 12, 2011

We have just said good bye to the Sears repairman for the 4th time as they try to fix our ice maker. It has now been repaced twice.The unit is not that old (less than 3 years!) THis is a piece of crap!
    Now I read these posts, and am really upset about LG. THis is a Korean company, and we need to get the word out not to buy any LG product!

• Ep
    eplitt Feb 20, 2011

I have this refrigerator as well. It was purchased in 2010 as a replacement for a refrigerator that had a small part that broke. Since the fridge was covered under my maintenance agreement and they couldn't find the part (nothing that I would have replaced the fridge for) Sears replaced it. I chose this even though I had to add almost $500.00 to the tab. This is an eyeopener. I had no idea that others were having these problems. The icemaker is a royal pain and although I love having the bottom freezer & the amount of room in the refrigerator we have had nothing but trouble with the icemaker and I don't know what I can do about that. I would be willing to find out if we have some legal recourse.

• Dn
    dnrv65 Jan 30, 2011

We also have a 3 door Fridgidaire refrigerator model number 795.7759600. Have had it for 2 or 3 years and have had a lot of problems. All of the ones stated above about frost in the freezer caused by the icemaker. Also have always had the annoying problem of ice falling out the back of the icemaker bin and onto the floor each time you slide the icemaker basket out to retreive ice.
    Most importantly, we have had the problem with the lights sticking on. This is definately a fire hazard and I filed a complaint with the CPSC about it. I will be contacting Sears and then probably the BBB to see about getting this fixed. I too want a new fridge or al least a significant pro-rated amount to put towards a new one, not Kenmore or LG obviously

• Ra
    r&b blaylock Jan 24, 2011

go ahead and add us to the growing list of complaining comments on sears kenmore elite french door refrig. ours is 3-yrs old and from day 1 the veggie and deli bins have frozen lots of produce, some could be used for soups, some totally worthless. not major enough to complain about i was told, but now we have major!! the waterline gizmo(on refrig itself) sprung (2) separate tiny leaks which when you pressed water or ice sprayed againt back wall and ran down behind floor board and spread out between subfloor and laminate flooring causing wet/molding. the floor had started to warp is how this was brought to our attention. needless to say, everything is being tore out and replaced-sub floor, walls, laminate flooring plus repainting. there are (3) different contracters working on the project as we speak so i cant give a total outcome as yet. this will take a minimum of a month to complete. but sears has not offered any compensation, although they have sent a bill for $262.50 (cost to repair refrigerator parts.)