[Resolved] Sears - Extended Warranty — useless warranty and broken promises!
Bought a Sears Chainsaw sping of '06. Also purchased the extended service agreement (maintenance warranty) as the salesman promised me it would "take care of anything that went wrong". After the ice storm in Jan of 07 I had several trees damaged and was clearing them with the chainsaw when it quit, and wouldn't restart. I took the saw to the local sears maintenance center, they shipped it off to the repair facility. I got advisory back to call the repair facility, which I did, they advised it would cost me 115.00 + to fix the chainsaw,(nearly as much as the original cost). It is still covered by the two year extended maintenance agreement until spring '08. The repair facility claimed "abuse" was not covered. How can one abuse a chainsaw? They said the cylinder and piston were "scored". How could that happen if it is working properly and the fuel mixture is proper. It would be hard to mess up a "use one little bottle of 2 cycle oil to one gallon of gasoline" instruction! Sears is supposed to send me all the information in an email for my review and further action. I am afraid they have just lost a very good customer. Their warranties have always been "the best" - apparently no more!!! Our house is full of Sears appliances, stoves, freezers, compactors, fridges, etc., etc., etc., because of their past outstanding warranty service. I had heard they had gone bad, I guess it was true.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Sears - Extended Warranty Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund