Sears Brands / customer support

When I heard that sears was going into bankruptcy I was really unhappy to see another major U.S. Retailer going out of business. Not any more!! Here's my horror story!

The morning of February 12th, with 14"of new snow on the ground, the auger transmission on my craftsman 42" snow thrower broke in to piece!
Located the part number, called sears and placed the order for the replacement part.

The sears agent actually told me that if I expedited the shipping I could have the part by February 14th, so I did! I checked for shipping info and found that the part order was pending. Not so good with more snow coming every day for the next week!

Called "sears parts direct" looking for order status and found it impossible to talk to an american, always got some poor Filipino script reader, who while doing their very best to help, never accomplished anything! I asked to speak to a supervisor, which I did and again accomplished absolutely nothing!

I called at least once a day from February 14th through march 1st, with exactly the same results. Sears personnel stated that they could not call the manufacturers to get a ship date, every customer service agent and supervisor said exactly the same thing! Meanwhile the snow kept building up higher and higher along with my frustration and a growing disgust for anything sears!

On march 1st, I finally found the manufacturers, gave them a call, checked stock (they had several in stock) and ordered the part! The normal shipping will get the part to me by march 8th!!

Due to sears incompetency and horrible customer support I have had to do without a very important tool when it was most needed for almost a month!

I will never shop at sears again, and urge everyone who wants to be treated like a customer to take their money else where!

I ask that my friend share this, so no one else will endure the frustration I have had!

Gysgt Rick Roy