Complaints & Reviews

service

I love sears, probably my favorite store ever. If you guys figure out a way to speed up checkout you guys would be at the top! It's torture when you go in there. For years I've gone in and spent infanate amounts of time just waiting in line. Now I just walk out and come back later...everyone wants everything at their fingertips these day I guess but seriously it's bad. Today there were 3 people in line and I gave up after 15 min. This is a regular occurrence though. Seriously I will shop there till the end but I honestly hope there isn't one. Your stores are great and I wish you success. Just a comment from a usual customer. Carlsbad, CA store by the way. Thank you!!!
Rick Dahlem
[protected]@sbcglobal.net

kenmore refrigerator

I purchased my refrigerator at the end of Oct 2016. Within the 1st month I started having problems with the ice maker. Water would drop out of it and down the front of the stainless steel. They came out 3 different times from Nov-dec and finally they replaced the ice maker. It worked for awhile and over a month ago it stopped working all together. I have the extended warranty however after taking the afternoon off from work the tech called me at 3:45 and said he would not be able to be here until 7-8pm. I will not be able to be here tonight so now I had to reschedule for Jan 9th. This is absolutely ridiculous. No wonder Sears is going out of business they have the worst service that I have ever experienced and I wish I wouldn't have bought anything from them.

master protection agreement

I have the master protection agreement - which fully covers my washing machine of everything. Washing machine...

River Falls Department Stores

repair costs for a 2 year 11 month refrigerator

Today 12-17-2018 I had a sears service repair tech look at my Kenmore Elite refrigerator model no #795.72482.411 that I paid $ 3066.04 for and the compressor is bad, that is still under warranty, he said the circuit board should be replaced as well for compatibility with compressor replacement, circuit board is not warrantied, cost $ 650.00 for total repair, called LG for a concession request to cover cost they referred me to Kenmore. I went to sears got a manager to help us and after 2 and a half hours later Kenmore hung up the phone on the manager .He was basically given the run around, and talked to several people. So I have a $ 3066.04 broke fridge that is one month shy of 3 years old that I can't get any help to get it fixed. I understand what is covered under warranty and what isn't, I could spend the money to get it repaired but LG knows about this problem with the 3 numbers of the model number that start with 795, so if I spend the money to get it repaired who says in 6 months that I will not have the same problem, because it will be replaced with the same components that we are having problems with now. This is LG's case no# for us per our phone conversation at sears with the sears manager CNN181217237012

service request

Scheduled appointment for technician to diagnose problem with Maytag top load washer. Appointment date was Saturday December 15, 2018 between 1 and 5 PM.
At 6 PM still had not gotten call confirming tech on the way. Did not receive call cancelling appointment. Had rearranged my schedule to fit appointment time.
This is the holiday season, and worked to fit this appointment in. This was a no call/ no show... what kind of customer service is that? I worked for Sears Holdings as a ZMAP based out of Hoffman Estates from 2015 as Safety Manager for Districts 6141 and 8254, which transitioned into the ZMAP position working under Steve Starner who was Regional, until being "let go" at the end of January 2018. There are hard feelings on my end, but thought I would call for service. Wonder why you are going down the tubes other than Lambert's greed? The fact that you offer a service and then can't provide it! I know who my technician was to be on the 15th- Ray Seyerle, a manipulator of the Gant.

repair service on washing machine

Sears Kenmore Elite washer purchased 2005. I have had 5 service calls over the past couple months and delay...

Allison Park Department Stores

ongoing refrigerator issue

We purchased a Kenmore Bottom Freezer Refrigerator with French doors in November 2017. In June 2018 we noticed that the left door had dropped and would longer latch into the slot that allowed the doors to close. We called for a repair and were given an appointment. The day of the appointment came and went and when called they said they had changed the date to a week later from the hours of 1-5. We had received no call about his change. The technician finally came and had a very difficult time getting the door to lift back up to where it should be but he did finally get it to work. Well...the door is doing exactly the same thing despite our efforts to remove items, like milk, from the door thinking the weight might have been part of the problem even though we were assured that wasn't the cause. I have called service repair and because we elected not to buy an extended warranty they feel we should pay for this ongoing issue. If it was a different problem than this ongoing issue I would be happy to pay for the repairs however this is a problem that we've had with a new refrigerator. We purchased a Kenmore because we have always been pleased with the quality of their products. When the repairman tells us that he hasn't seen this issue before and really struggled to get it fixed that tells me there is something wrong with the unit we received. My daughter has a brand very similar to this one but made by another company and has never ever had issues with her doors during the three plus years she has had the refrigerator. I don't feel we should have to pay to repair the door every six months on a refrigerator that is a little over a year old! Why should it be the customer's responsibility to fix a recurring problem in a new appliance? If you buy a car and there is an issue that occurs during the warranty period and they don't figure out how to fix the problem they will repair the issue at no cost to the customer because it is an ongoing problem that was brought to their attention during the warranty time. We are totally disgusted that we elected to choose what we felt was a top line product from a reputable company/brand.

ring repair

On 10/18/18 my fiance and I purchased a wedding ring as it's what we could afford right now. I purchased the...

dishwasher repair

My dishwasher went out before Thanksgiving the repair guy came out and said he would order a part it would take 3 to 5 days today is 12 December and I just received the part now I am being told it would be 7 January before the repair man will be out to repair the dishwasher everyone in anyone that reads this message please do not order no parts from sleeve you can see by the bankrupt thank you

repair service

So back in April I had a minor issue with my oven, had a tech out and problem was resolved and paid via cc on April 27th 2018 and the $89.00 charge cleared on April 29th, 2018 I can prove this via bank records. Six months after the fact I receive an invoice that needs to be paid for $89.00 to Sears for the same service I already paid for. I dispute it and get it resolved supposedly. I was told I would no longer receive an invoice and it was a mistake via my last phone call. Now, I get an invoice dated Nov. 15th 2018 for the same charge I was told was already resolved. I call and they still try to say I owe $89.00. I refuse to pay them twice and they are threatening sending me to collections. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever seen. I will NEVER BUY OR RECIEVE ANOTHER SERVICE FROM SEARS AGAIN.

kenmore elite refrigerator

Sears Complaint number - 6094473
I purchased a Sears/Kenmore refrigerator. The compressor and condenser failed on the unit on October 13, 2018. A repair technician came to the house, charged us $179 and ordered the parts for warranty repair. 3 weeks later, the repair man came out, installed the new parts and left. He said it was working. We paid him the remaining $200 for the service call. The next day, the refrigerator was registering 60 degrees in the freezer. The new parts failed. The repair man came out 5 days later and said the unit could NOT be repaired. He called his management and they authorized a replacement. 8 weeks later we have no resolution. The "customer service" people in Manila tell me the approval for the replacement has been approved and I need to send a copy of the original bill of sale. I have sent them via emails and fax multiple copies of the bill of sale and they say they never received it.
I know Sears is going through bankruptcy, but they promised me a replacement and nothing has happened. I have all the paper work to support this claim. This is a typical email I get everyday regarding the case (6094473).

Thank you for contacting Sears Member Services. We appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

Upon looking into your case I checked the details that you have eligible for the replacement of Refrigerator. But we are unable to find the sales receipt to process your request. kindly FAX us the original purchase of sales receipt of Refrigerator to process your replacement request further. FAX number is [protected].

Sears appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, you may reach us at [protected], Mon-Sat 8am-9pm CST & Sun 10am-6pm CST.

Please help!

• Updated by Ted Cart · Dec 10, 2018

Sears Complaint number - 6094473

Upon looking into your case I checked the details that you have eligible for the replacement of Refrigerator. But we are unable to find the sales receipt to process your request. kindly FAX us the original purchase of sales receipt of Refrigerator to process your replacement request further. FAX number is 800-326-0485.

Sears appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regard.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, you may reach us at 1-800-479-6351, Mon-Sat 8am-9pm CST & Sun 10am-6pm CST.

Please help!

contractors

I have a new house with a home warranty from American Title.
My dishwasher broke, they promptly and politely set me appointment with SEARS contractor for Monday noon to 4pm. (Answer phone or they won't show).
I recieved recorded reminder from SEARS Sunday night.
I kept phone in hand all day.
At 4pm I called SEARS, lady said he is on his way.
At 4:40 I called SEARS back and was rudely told they aren't coming, how about Friday.

American Title Co. called Sears and were hung up on.

DON'T USE SEARS

I won't help them with their bankruptcy.

Angry and disappointed!!

master plan protection agreement

Sears tech has been at my home 4 times since November 3, 2018, & my dryer is still not repaired!
We are tired of parts being ordered & Sears cancelling initial order & reordering parts, & we are tired of waiting weeks for parts to be delivered! We are also tired of then having to setup repair appt & having to wait even longer.
We were without our dryer for the entire month of November! Found out last Friday that Sears should have paid for me to rent a dryer during this time. All I was offered (& I took it) was a check for $50 to help cover cost of using laundry mat! Really!!
Everytime I called Mstr Plan Agree telephone # to get status of parts order, all CSR would tell me is that "order is in process". That rehearsed answer is BS!
We are also tired of techs coming to our home to install dryer parts & dryer is still not repaired!
We are requesting Sears submit a voucher to us for us to choose a new dryer to replace our current one that Sears has not been able to repair properly.

All our appliances were bought from Sears: Dishwasher, double ovens, refrigerator, microwave, cooktop, upright freezer, washer, dryer, full size refrigerator in game room, 2 bar refrigerators. When service has been needed in the past, techs were able to install new parts & correct the problem.
That is no longer the case. Sears customer service has been thrown out the window & all Sears wants is for customers to buy their appliances & Mstr Prot Agreements then give you the "run around" when service is needed. Having to call the Phillipines when you have an issue with an appliance is ridiculous.
Sears needs to give me a voucher for a new dryer to replace the one I have that they are not able to repair but I imagine that will take "an act of Congress" to get resolution!
Sears is definitely not the customer oriented company they used to be. Now all they care about is their bottom line!
Will be surprised if Sears contacts me to repair my dryer.

• In
    In Allison Park Dec 15, 2018

This could be MY story! My sears kenmore washer has had the same delay and unresolved problem. We have all our appliances and furnace “covered” under the yearly maintenance agreement. I have always been disappointed in the entire process from scheduling to diagnosis, to parts coming, and multiple techs working on the repair. I just posted my complaint here on this site after reading this. I hope sears addresses their poor customer service before they lose all their business!

customer service

I'm going to make this short and sweet...
Never buy a mattress from sears!!! Pay that extra amount of money somewhere else because sears customer service could care less about your complaint!!! Saving you from a headache and heartache!!! Cs will beat around the bush and will drain you until you break down in tears trying to explain your problem!!! Say away from sears!!!

kenmore stove drip pans

At sears I ordered drip pans, but do not fit right. was told I could not return at sears. had to mail it back to diy, no place on line address. thanks have order number for you. diy repair parts order #[protected]. [protected]@juno.com kenmore wb31k5024 range drip pan (chrome) for kenmore genuine original equipment manufacturer (oem) part$44.70 kenmore wb31k5025 range drip pan for kenmore genuine original equipment manufacturer (oem) part$16.57
Ssin: a028737476

credit card

I wanted to update my kitchen so I thought I'd get an estimate for refacing the cabinets and new countertops. After going through the finance options I declined them and told the salesman I'd just go to my bank and borrow the money at a lower interest. Well when I get to my bank they tell me that Sears open $14, 100 in my name. How did an inquiry turn into a line of credit ? This is very shady and now my debt to credit ratio is up and I have a new account on my credit. I was going to borrow the money to get the cabinets and countertops but with a new account I can't. Now after this shady business I will not purchase anything from sears !!!

• Updated by Jaredjdean · Nov 29, 2018

I will get LifeLock involved !!

maytag bravos x washer model# mvwx5ooxw2

We purchased this washer in 2014 and currently have an active Master Protection Plan. In the past year alone sears has been out numerous times to replace the same exact parts. We are currently waiting on our 3rd Motor, Actuator, misc parts to be replaced for a 3rd time within this year. We are told our contract needs 3 of the same parts repaired within a year to meet the lemon policy. This criteria is impossible to meet as Sears repair time frames have been greater than 32 days. Our current repair is scheduled for 12/18/18 which is 45 days from when the repair man came into our home on 11/03/2018.
In the last year we have dealt with wrong parts being ordered, forgotten parts being ordered and cancellations on behalf of Sears repair. We are also not always provided with a repair receipt when sears leaves. We have gone without this washer for more than 98 days this past year. This time frame does not include the times in which we called in the service order. We also do not have all the dates that they have been out within the year due to Sears leaving without providing a service receipt. This is just from what I was able to get from customer service and 2 dates I found in my file via online. This washer sits more being NOT used that used. Master Protection customer service does say that Sears has 21 days to repair a part to which we have exceeded each time a repair person has been out. When a repair person comes out to fix the washer they discover it cannot be fixed as a part was not ordered by initial repair person. For this reason Sears claims the initial service order has been completed and they start another claim from when they do get it correct.
I am beyond disgusted with Sears Customer Service and the Cooperation should be appalled. We are a very large family and pay $100 when going to the laundry Mat. This means in the past year we have gone 14 weeks ( that I can actually validate) which is $1, 400 being spent at the laundry Mat. This 14 weeks does not include the past years with this washer as well as the other times repair man has been out within this year.
Like most families money is more than tight and we go without necessities on a daily basis. Having to pay this much in wash this past year has been more than devastating to our family. Money saved for Christmas was spent doing wash.
Sears repair has given responses that make sense to them according to said contracts but the reality is they are thieves. The website for repairs claims great costumer service and gives multiple reasons why consumers should use them for repairs/extended warranties. I hope consumers do their research before purchasing anything through Sears or affiliated business such as Kmart.
It is common sense that consumers would NEVER purchase a product if said product could not be used more than half the year due to failure. Buyer beware and please do not use Sears to purchase any products from this Cooperation or affiliates. Their contracts are written to get them out of providing customer service. My kids will go without this year while these Cooperate Executives enjoy just 1 of their many homes this year. It is beyond disheartening to know that thousands of complaints by consumers are going unnoticed by Cooperate Executives while families are left out in the cold and going without basic necessities because of pure incompetence by Sears Repair Services.

kenmore elite french door refrigerator

We purchased this appliance in October of 2013 with a 5 year extended warranty. On November 23, 2018 I found the refrigerator suddenly quit working. There was power but it wouldn't cool. I called Sears only to find that the warranty had expired on October 22nd. I had 2 separate service people diagnose the problem and both said that there was a coolant leak and it could not be repaired. Apparently there is an issue with these refrigerators losing the coolant for no apparent reason. These refrigerators are expensive and used to be top of the line now you can figure on replacing them every few years. The Kenmore Elite dishwasher we bought at the same time was replaced 2 years ago, I'm very disappointed with Kenmore.

James M Price Dec 01, 2018

I’m starting a class action suit against Sears because it seems they’ve know about this issue for years—especially, LG compressor issues that are installed in Kenmore Elite Refigerators.

sears kenmore elite refrigerator - failure of product and service

We purchased a Kenmore Elite Refrigerator directly from Sears several years ago. This is a LG unit branded to Kenmore Elite (model [protected]) This is a french door bottom freezer and we purchased top of the line and from Sears based on past experience with quality of product and service. We even spent the money (foolishly) on the extended service plan. Boy were we WRONG.

The unit has completely failed 3 separate times - first one with in 6 months of purchase, second in the year after that - that time they replaced the complete processor board/brain of the unit due to known issues. The unit has failed again now kindly out of warranty. Sears service has been terrible, they are challenging to get service scheduled, (first time it broke was 1 week before christmas and they told me they could see me in mid Jan for diagnostic!). They are quick to charge for service and diagnostics but slow to respond with resolutions. It took months to get parts and have them installed the last time.

Now we are out of warranty, the appliance has been marked by Sears/LG as recalled. DOE has filed against the energy star but I can't get answers or resolution - only offers to do another extended service contact for 50$ per month and initiation of 100$. One customer service rep said we might be eligible for replacement if Tech confirms. But then tech didn't seem at all like that was going to a chance in hell that would happen. Sears provided Tech came today - had no service history on the unit and then proceeded to say he couldn't even do the diagnostic with out it being plugged in for at least 24 hrs. No one at sears stated this was required! with the unit not working it is leaking water when running so we had un plugged it, Plus who the heck would keep a dead machine plugged in? Just begging for the motor to seize or something and burn down the house?! really Sears?

Being without the fridge is a terrible burden on our family - it costs us more in the food we had to throw away, the eating out we have to do since we can't keep any perishable foods and the added costs we will likely to have to pay to fix it.

A fridge is not a disposable purchase. You don't spend 3000$ to have this headache and to turn around and need to spend that in a year!

I get it shame on me for being foolish enough to buy from you!

WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T buy this fridge OR any appliances from Sears unless you like to stress yourself out and have money to burn.

BethC

kenmore washing machine

We've had our Kenmore washing machine for almost 5 years and have had problems from the get go. Most recently...