Menu

C
Author of the complaint
9:17 pm
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to sam's club today with my 20 year-old sister (I'm over 21, important detail). I picked up a bottle of alcohol and some other stuff. When I was at the register I've got an unpleasant surprise. I was not able to purchase alcohol because my sister is not 21 years old. So if you want to do grocery shopping at sam's club and purchase alcohol you better not take your underage kids with you. Maybe I should open some kind of babysitting center right next to sam's club and charge by minutes?

I wasted time on picking up the alcohol because I haven't seen any information regarding this idiotic policy anywhere around the liqour area. Several hours later I still can't wrap my mind around how a person/people who implemented this policy could pass elementary school, high school, college, and then climb their way through a corporate ladder. The only other option which still makes me lose a faith in a humanity but which makes sam's club seem less stupid is that they made up this policy because they received some kind of government grant. Oh well, I won't purchase any alcohol from sam's club ever again and I consider dropping my membership because what can I say, I just can't stand stupidity.

More Sam's Club complaints & reviews

Sam's Club - plus card membership
Sam's Club - do not purchase jewelry there
Sam's Club - beware of sam's club computer warranty
Sam's Club - scam artist
1 comments
T
May 15, 2022 4:28 pm

I experienced the same issue today. I am 51 years old and my wife is 49 years old. We were denied the right to purchase a 24 pack of mikes alcohol drinks because she didn’t have her drivers license with her (I had, and produced mine). Insane policy! Very upset with sams club!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

721 complaints