Safeway Bakeryproductrive but unfriendly counter help

We went to our friendly neighborhood Safeway store in Vistancia 85383, as we have for the last four years.
I accompanied my 8 year old daughter to the bakery so she could get a free cookie, and the help was distant and callous.
I asked if she was new and stated the baker manager is real nice and a friend of mine. She stated her previous career and mentioned this job just as boring. I think she said she was in finance and worked from home and now this baker position she is isolated and lonely. Being a widower of three years I took the opportunity and asked if she was single, but she said she was a widower of two years and not ready. I politely asked if I could give her my number so we could be just friends since we both experienced loss. She said no and to my surprise alarmed her management. While walking out of the store the managers were in from of the checkout line. I think they called the one manager in from his house. I was treated like some type of weird person and since this manager is also a friend of mine, he asked if we could have a man to man talk. I shared with him what took place and emphasized the fact the bakery lady has very little people skills. He mentioned we needed to talk so she can perform her job and I can continue to shop as a future customer. What day and age do we live when a man can ask a lady for her number without being treated as some type outcast... I asked the manager about apologizing but I believe I didn't do anything wrong and he agreed. I know all the managers at Safeway and believe they are the best of the best, but this is not the first time I have met someone in the bakery department that thinks that don't have to be polite and courteous...

productrive but unfriendly counter help

• Ms
    Ms. Pissed May 28, 2012

Wow, trolling on this review and bashing the OP. Tasha you must work at Safeway.

• Fa
    farae May 28, 2012

Where does it say his wife is dead. Most likely she was a ### and he divorced her. Women can be so manupulating sometimes. Acting like they are sexually assaulted and being sexually harassed when they ask for it. Same thing happened to my brother at Sonic's/

• We
    We are divorced now May 28, 2012

She was not rude to you at all. When she told you she was not ready to date that should have been your big clue that she was not interested in you. If she said she was not ready you have no right to give her your phone number. That was rude. You have to learn to take no for an answer and allow her time to be ready to go out again. When she said she was not ready, no matter how politely you offered your phone number to her, the point is she still said she was not ready, and the fact the manager was a friend of yours and took your side just shows how they protect their employees.

Burt Sandblaster May 28, 2012

She told you politely that she was not interested, but you insisted on giving her your number. She was letting you down gently. She felt uncomfortable enough that she thought it was necessary to inform store management. You are lucky that you are on friendly terms with the management, because they took it easy on you. The staff are entitled to a work environment in which they feel comfortable. You violated that. Respect her wishes.

Shopper2 . May 28, 2012

You guys are all missing the point. The point is I politely asked her if she wanted my phone number. She said no. I then gave it to her if she changed her mind. I wrote it on a piece of paper. She refused to look at the paper with my number and alarmed the manager. She and my daughter both lied and said I kept pressuring her to give my phone number. When I got outside I told my daughter off and told her that it should have been her that died rather than my wife. I know this was wrong but this lady really made me angry with her poor people skills. I took my daughter to my sister's and decided to give this lady one more chance. I waited until she was off work and asked her again if she wanted my phone number and gave it to her again in case she changed her mind. She acted like I was some sort of creep just because I wanted her to have my phone number incase she changed her mind. She threatened to call the police on me. She went back to the store and called her manager. He told me to leave the store and never come back. The manager that is my supposed friend. This happened after I wrote my review. I think she is discriminating against me and turning me down because of the way I dress or something. The point is she turned my daughter into a liar and the manager is a liar and claimed he viewed the tapes and it showed that I kept "harassing" her and pressuring her to take my phone number. Basically the manager, and associate turned my eight year old daughter into a liar.

Shopper2 . May 28, 2012

I was very politely giving her my phone number and she was rude to me. You sound just like the manager saying that I am creating a hostile work environment to her. She made herself to be a victim and even a customer told me to leave her alone. I told him to mind his own business or I would punch him in the face. He is lucky I was with my daughter or he would be picking his teeth off the floor.

Quark Kent May 28, 2012

You told your eight year old daughter to that you wished she were the one that died rather than your wife. WTF is wrong with you. You don't tell anyone that especially your own daughter. You are one sick individual and it is a good thing that she was not interested in you. If you can tell your daughter you wish she was dead rather than your wife because she lied and kids do lie you need to seek professional help.

Quark Kent May 28, 2012

Not all men are pigs. My ex friend posted a review on this site. He made a whole bunch of lies about a lady trying to get her fired all because she rejected his trying to pick her up.

Burt Sandblaster May 28, 2012

Don't pay attention to the comments made by the person impersonating the Author. If you click on the commenter's name, you will notice that they have a . after their name and they only have the comments attributed to them. They are trying to stir up trouble by pretending to be the author. Pathetic and sad.

• El
    eline balkine May 28, 2012

Shopper2 . May 28, 2012

No the truth is I created another account because this dumb website won't let me in. It says that I have the wrong password.

Burt Sandblaster May 28, 2012

Oh I completely agree. The woman said no and he persisted. It was wrong. I stated that in my original comment. He was lucky the management didn't ban him from the store for harassing the staff.

• Us
    user 33 May 28, 2012

"Either way, the author was in the wrong as well. If a woman says no, he should lay off and not be a pig."

Oh, either way this original review is a troll. Who in their right mind would ask a stranger they just met for the first time out on a date. Not only that who would then give a stranger his phone number after she nicely told him she is not interest in dating yet. He needs to lay off and take no for an answer instead of acting like she is playing hard to get. I think this review is more about him being rejected than anything. Also I do believe that shopper2 and shopper2 are the same person. Their writing style is the same despite them being "impersonated"

• Tr
    Trevor is now a proud father a baby boy May 28, 2012

"Who in their right mind would ask a stranger they just met for the first time out on a date."

Someone who has never seen "Fatal Attractions"

• Yo
    you guys are all stupid May 28, 2012

Anyone who actually believes this is a real review is stupid. This person is messing with you. He is not really using his eight year old daughter to pick up women at Safeway. If he is he has issues.

• Wh
    what really happened May 28, 2012

If this person is being impersonated, he deserves it. Like others have said he is a pig. We teach our children at a very young age to respect women. That means respecting their wishes, and if they are not interested in a man the man should back off. The fact that the manager sided with him because of their friendship as someone else stated is pathetic. The only rude one is shopper2/shopper2. When a lady says no, you leave her alone and DO NOT give her your phone number. But with what a pig shopper2 is I would not be surprised if his story about not having the correct password is true and he really is shopper2. as well.

• Wh
    what really happened May 28, 2012

Shopper2's father obviously never taught him to respect women. With that their wishes.

Quark Kent May 28, 2012

Good point Burt never noticed that.

What really happened, you also have a good point. But don't blame the father. For all we know he probably taught Shopper2 well about how to treat women and respect them if they say no. For all you know it could have went in one ear and out the other.

• Mr
    MrsLea May 28, 2012

Good employees are hard to find these days.

Shopper2 . May 28, 2012

You are all bashing me, just let this review die. I regret posting this.

• Us
    User7456 May 28, 2012

I am sure there is more to this story than the author is telling us. Okay his impersonator did exaggerate, but I am sure the part about him pressuring her is true. The part of him wishing his daughter dead is an exaggeration, but I am sure once she said no he kept harassing her to take his number. I believe he is impersonated because I was at once on this site so much I had to have my review removed.

• Regions Bank Employee Jun 05, 2012

No means no you jerk. Why don't you go online and find a date like everyone else?

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices