Complaints & Reviews

andrew lied to me he said credit score would only drop 4 points and it dropped 49

Called Royal United mortgage to refinance my house with them they said my credit score would only drop about four points after talking I looked at my credit score and hit it had dropped 49 points before I even agreed to take the loan I told him that I was going to change my mind because of the drop in my credit score and he told me that wasn't smart that on my credit score would plunge so now my credit score has lost 49 points just from talking to them not a very smart company to deal with

appraisal fee

On 04/11/17 we started an application with this bank, for a home equity loan, yes, we asked for a home equity loan, we got to talk to Dante Fratturo, who was supposed to help us with the process, he took an application, we signed, and we paid for an appraisal, before we started with the application we were honest up front, telling him that we had bankruptcy in 2011, he said that it should't be a problem, so based on that answer we decided to continue with our application, we dont currently owe any money on our property but we wanted to borrow to get some improvements, the loan officer was always on top f the situation, always available during the beginning, but he started disappearing when we asked why we were not doing a home equity, he said that we only qualify for an fha loan??... even on that we said ok, so appraisal was done, and we never hear back from Dante and the other representatives that were doing follow ups during the process, finally on 04/27 Dante replied saying that we was still working on the loan trying to see if he could help with the bankruptcy, that is when we told him, how come? we told you about it and you confirmed that it wont be a problem, oh well, he never replied, never, until 04/29 when we got a notice of denial from the bank. So here we are, we lost $500, nobody gets back to us, nobody returns emails or phone calls. We want our money back, it is just not fair that way the handle applications, they should be honest from the beginning.

• Gg
    ggboling Oct 10, 2017

I just went through the same type of incident with this Royal United Mortgage Company. They don't want to refund me my appraisal fee. I also am out $200 for painting that they required on the house for the loan to be approved. I too was discarded. I tried reaching my lending officer many times. I emailed, etc. It seems a lot of these people work two jobs and can only get with you in the evenings. Nonetheless, I recommend staying away from this company!!

• Ca
    catherine louise Feb 17, 2020

we where told we could use equity in our home if we needed it, but before it was over our 82000.00 is costing us 194000.00 and that we had no equity to us, so every month ir cost us over 500.00 for interest, and add other charges, also sold to NOVAD and now there is a charge for a new appraisal, that was never done. I wish to god we had never gotten into this, We will never get our home back, Reverse mortgage is indeed a rip off . we are 72 .Husband on a kidney machine, also just had back surgery, and would like our family to get our home, but i guess the government will get it, but that is the idea.

product and service

Around June 21, 2016 I was on line looking for reliance and consolidation options to improve my living expenses, by not having as much dept. My phone was ringing off the hook 4 or...

salesmen

I completed a request for interest rates online. I immediately began receiving phone calls from Royal United. At times, more than one call was waiting on my phone at a time. These calls originated from multiple phone numbers. I received 20 calls within an hour. The calls continued even after I told them to stop calling me. Later in the day I received two more calls. When I repeated my request to stop calling me, the representative told me to stop applying online. At no time did I complete a request for approval for refinancing. These practices seem to be pervasive within this company based on the information filed at the Better Business Bureau. I strongly disapprove of the behavior demonstrated by representatives of this company.

sales

This is second time trying here, if it repeats, sorry! I was interested in merely finding out where the mortgage interest rates are at the present time. I tried finding it online and of course received calls immediately. One of them was from Royal United. They would call about every 10 minutes sometimes right after another. I work during the day but I would check my caller ID. When I finally answered the guy was very pushy for me to give him so much information it could fill a book. I told him I'm not looking to start a loan process, simply wanting to know where interest rates are so I could make a decision if I wanted to refinance. He insisted he needed all of this info. because things "have changed" and this is protocol. After about 30 minutes I was finally able to hang up. Then another person called me, a "senior loan advisor for the state of Pennsylvania". He needed more information. I politely told him I felt they were going through a lot of work because I just wanted to know what present interest rates are and he then started to get very arrogant and condescending insisting I tell him what my future financial goals are. He said it didn't matter what the interest rates are and wanted to know why I was so concerned about that. He wanted me to take cash out and proceed with a loan. He then told me he'd have to call me back with a quote and I never heard from them again! Good riddance, but I still don't know what the average interest rate is! Ha!!

ethics

I applied for information via LowerMyBills.com. All other mortgage companies called and left a message once and emailed me. Royal United Mortgage kept calling since 6am in the morning. When I would tell them if they could better the interest rate I was offered by Quicken Loans (a real company with ethics and consideration) they would give me mumbo jumbo but not a direct answer, I would ask again if they could or can't they would hang up. When you have a company pretty much harassing you by calling you every 15-20 minutes that early in the morning, to me that is a flag that they are desperate
because they don't have any business, and by their actions I know why. Stay away from this mortgage company. If their ethics on phone calling is the way it is, just imagine how they will handle your loan process.

did not fully pay off debts

Company contracted to pay off several debts as a refinance. Appraisal fee increased from original amount by $125, we were charged for wire transfers, and other "miscellaneous"...

breach of agreement

On Oct 30 I received an email stating that Royal United Mortgage could definitely help me with a loan. On the basis of that statement I let them access my bank account to get $ 400.00 for the cost of an appraisal.in December they reversed themselves and said they would not loan me any money. I was out the $ 400.00 plus the cost of a septic tank inspection $ 325 and a well test $ 45.00
They had cost me $ 770, 00 and I got nothing in return.

• Cr
    Craig Royal Feb 08, 2013

Royal United Mortgage strives to help each customer meet their individual financial goals. Unfortunately no matter how hard we try, circumstances outside of our control sometimes prevent us from achieving that goal. In this situation the customer’s home did not support the value that they thought it should as it only appraised at 65% of their estimate. With respect to the sewer cleaning, the Loan Adviser advised the customer not to make the expenditure until the appraisal came back to support his value. The customer responded “needed to have it done anyway”.

At Royal United we take our reputation, integrity and customer service levels commitments very seriously, me, I take them personally

Craig Royal

CHARLOTTE HAMBRICK Jan 07, 2014

THIS IS THE SAME COMPLANT AS THE ONE I READ .THE APRAISAL WAS WRONG THEY WAS LOOKING IN FAYETVILLE FOR THE PERMITS AND I LIVE IN FULTON CO.AND A LIST OF OTHER THINGS WAS WRONG. YOU'LL TOOK OUT $450.00 OUT OF MY BANK ACOUNT. I REALY DO NEED THE MONEY BACK. YOU'LL DENIDE MY LOAN ON COUNT OF THE APRASIAL. I SENT THE DISPUTE OF THE APRASIAL TO MICHEAL PARRETT TO GET ANOTHER APRASIAL BUT HAVEN, 'T HEARD ANYTHING. I'VE TRIED EVER NUMBER TO TALK TO SOMEONE NO RESPONCE MY EMAIL IS [email protected] please let me know something CHARLOTTE HAMBRICK 770-666-6961

• To
    tom brunn Aug 22, 2014

Craig royal I called you left you a message this is thomas brunn i ask you to find out from bobby stines vp and also Robert jakbowski i have been waiting for two weeks after your company rob took my money $395 and said it went to under writing so bobby said no but we will check call you back in two weeks I never got the call or loan I want either my loan or money back

sales/customer service

I contacted Lending Tree to inquire about a mortgage refinance. A mortgage consultant from Royal United Mortgage by the name of Luke immediately contacted me. At first he was very helpful and seemed that this company might be the best fit for our mortgage refinance. However, as I sought other quotes over the next day or two, I found that I had to drag even the most basic information out of Luke. His quotes didn't include the information that I was getting from other companies, which would allow me to do an apples to apples comparison. When I would ask for the information, he would beat around the bush and I would often have to ask twice or three times to get the actual answer to my question. He seemed to be hiding data. On the 3rd day, he flat out refused to quote me a scenario that I asked him to quote (which I had received from 3 other companies that day), saying that "in the end, all the quotes will be essentially the same, you just need to take into consideration the company as a whole who is working the transaction." What a crock. This company's fees were also higher than any of the other quotes I received. They were a waste of my time and I question their business practices when their quote sheets are missing so much basic information (such as the amount of discount points you are buying, the APR, and the estimated closing costs!)