Royal Holidayscam!!!

P

We went to Cozumel back in 2008, little did we know what we were getting into when we arrive at Cozumel’s Aiport, that is where the nightmare started, the rest of the story we all know, we paid for a timeshare $24000, since then we haven’t been able to use, unfortunately we always forget about the months when we have to transfer our credits, or the month when we have to call so they can rent our credits, we have tried two times to get something with them to no avail. It has been so frustrating, we definitely don’t want to pass this rip off of a business to our child, much less try to get a friend or someone we know to buy it from us, this is something you wouldn’t recommend to anyone. After consistent calls to request for information on how to cancel the contract, calls to customer service, financial advisors and you name it, we always get the same answer from all of them.. “You can’t cancel your contract, it will last for 30 years”. We are so fed up and tired of “Royal Holiday” and their well trained scammers. We want out and we want out now!!!
It has been the most stressful times of our lives!!!

• Kn
    knittingmom Jul 12, 2013

I feel your pain, RHC has been a complete headache for us since day one. The so called renting never seems to happen. All of the rental agents they refer me too just wanted upfront money and nothing worked either. My husband is in the process of getting us out though, and we think getting our money back from all 3 rental scamsters we used(that is, if they actually did anything). Do not pay anyone upfront to rent...ever. RHC will not help unless you know how to get their attention. We have an ebook my husband bought that is basically a "how to" on getting out of a timeshare. It is about a 70 page pdf from someone in the industry who crossed over(timesharesamaritan.com). I highly recommend it. I would just send the copy through the site here, but I do not think it will let me.

I will tell you it is about a 2-3 month process in getting your money back but so far it is looking good for us. One of the rental companies was scared straight after our 1st letters and refunded the $740 immediately. It is looking like the others and the resort will do the same. There are some pretty serious issues the book tells you how to handle. One of them was rental, that was why we bought it. There was a money-back guarantee through paypal too. If you need any other advice please let me know. My husband and I are getting pretty aggressive with them. These crooks need to be stopped.

• Ba
    BarbaraFletcher Jul 13, 2013

It seems like this is a very common problem in Mexico. My wife & i bought into a Royal Elite Timeshare in Playa del Carmen. We stayed in sandos caracol resort & signed contract for royal elite. we've found out in the last few months that availiablity of resorts that we require are very limited (sales person shown us extensive range of hotels). flight deals are no better than booking myself. we enquired to stay lanzarote sandos dec 2012 the ai rate is in total $1900 for the week. i feel that this is going to be costly in the long run, not the ideal deal that was sold to us. This is a forum with more complaints about this company:

I'm in the process of calling the BBB and PROFECO and seeing what they can do. Possibly the attorney General also!!

• Pa
    PansanoX Jul 13, 2013

We were told that we will be saving on airfare because they had their own Travel Agency, well not only they don’t have a Travel Agency, the Agency they suggested is just a “one more on the list” agency, that gave us pricing for airfare more expensive than what I got quoted from Travelocity. “What a joke!!!”. Also if I price our trip to Royal Holiday Cozumel, with the cost of all inclusive (and we are not big eaters or drinkers) it will cost us an outrageous amount just to try to use our credits going there, compare to a regular vacation with any other hotel.
    We just don’t see any advantage of having a contract with RHC, and we travel at least 3 times a year, but you would have to plan your trip with what 3 or 4 years in advance and order to be lucky and get what you want.
    I know their business is to get people rip off, but it is so un-human what they are doing, it makes me so angry the fact that there is NOONE you can’t talk to, they don’t care if you are starving, or about to loose your house, nothing, the only thing that matters is to get the maintenance fee paid off and that’s it. I guess the only way out is to suffer for 7 year with a bad credit record punish for a bad decision!!!

SariPa Jul 21, 2013

I have been complaining a lot in this website about what happened to me. Im european myself and what they did in my case Id call a very serious issue as stealing money is. F.e. RHC has only so called virtual office here in Madrid, and First Names Group (former IFG) is the only one existing here as RHC (its under them). Theres different people in Mexico etc. but what I try to say here is that its a scam anyway (because of all lies), and its not what only mexicans and caribbeans do by scamming us (lying), its more or less what anonymous people do behind (the ones creted the system and run these clubs).. Its about First Names Group in Isle of Man.

First Names Group stole my money and they dont respond to me. Its all too ridigulous... just unbelievable, something really cant be happening in the real world. And its all like a normal business practise? For me it means very serious worldwide issue. And Such companies as First Names Group/FNTC (First National Trustee Company) should be the ones to investigate for real. We do have rights.

The latest sick thing happened to me by some laywer (?). I got an letter (a bad copy) of a letter which some (I guess) a lawyer sent to me, but there was only a name under it, no contact information, not a company information, only (I guess) some mexican name the so called undersigned. Signature wasnt original either, just a copy. Not even a country mentioned where it really was sent to me. I got this letter from Madrid (the envelope stamp) which I guess again this virtual office (so called RHC uses) sent to me, but its just an copy...

In this letter 'they' asked me to contact the undersigned :), which never can be happening because theres no way to contact anonymous something... and if I didnt... theres was something about that mentioned in the letter, what might happen..

And where RHC is registered theres no respond existing... just nothing here, except mexicans I guess. But they cant respond to me either because I belong to Europe :).

SariPa Jan 12, 2014

Are americas that scared to start actions in this than they rather do nothing? Afraid of possible consequences if they did anything? Something I got to understand might be the reason for giving up.

SariPa Jan 12, 2014

This is not worth any penny we paid... (Im not a member anymore though because of RHC put me out of the system about three years ago after getting my money - never got to use my points either yet). But if I was a member still (which I am according to our contract) it was worth maximum a penny :), the whole membership to me. Its almost impossible (actually impossible) to get anything from this part of world, I got to understand that in some point. I cant book a flight year in advance anyway, and its impossible to get accomodation from them if you didnt make a reservation a year in advance. I tried once to book a trip via them, but no way manage to do it. So I got to see the picture. Got to understand the name of the game. Propably americans still have some possibilities to book those accomodations and get to use those points, but me... Its different from here anyway.

SariPa Jan 12, 2014

So... one more to go :). RHC represent a scam to me anyway, because difficulties to get an accomodation via them as I have got to understand and difficulties to get propriate service from them, but also because RHC represent something else as I have been telling all over as well. Its quite smart to create a product like this--- not accomodation enought to all of us :) and the ones circulate the system like that doenst even seem to exist legally.

margaretinIowa May 14, 2014

Lie #1 We were told by Royal Holiday that we will be saving on airfare because they had their own Travel Agency.
    Lie #2 We were not told we couldn't use our credits until the following year. So we purchased the timeshare last month and we cannot use the 'worldwide' credits until next year.
    Lie #3 We were told we could use six hotels in the chain without using credits the first 30 months. We were not told the outrageous daily costs PER PERSON.

We are determined to get out of this farce ASAP!! Any pointers would be appreciated!

• Vi
    VickyFo Jun 10, 2014

By law, you have five business days in Mexico to cancel the contract after you have signed it. If you decide to cancel the purchase within this period, notify the developer by email and certified mail. Keep the receipt as evidence you cancelled on time. You should receive a prompt refund of all the money you have paid, without any cancelling penalties, within fifteen business days

SariPa Jul 02, 2014

Yep, I know now what its based on, this kind of business. Just started to read international law.. makes me more aware..

Mark Miles Mar 02, 2016

I bought a timeshare with Royal Holiday and they lied to me at everything, every time I check for travel dates are not available and it's cheaper to booked flight and hotel with Expedia. The service is really bad, I asked to speak to the manager and was told that I cannot talk to her and that I cannot cancel my membership.
    Its been a nightmare for me!!! I was doing a research on internet about this fraudulent resort and how to get out of this fraud, i found this information and i want to share it with you, i hope it helps someone: