Romano's Macaroni Grill Logo

Romano's Macaroni Grill

Having problems with Romano's Macaroni Grill?

Romano's Macaroni Grill Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 472 2195 (Guest Relations)
+1 855 864 1702 (Head Office)
1855 Blake Street, Suite 200
Thu9:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Fri9:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sat9:00 AM - 1:00 AM
Sun9:00 AM - 1:00 AM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Romano's Macaroni Grill Customer Service. Initial Romano's Macaroni Grill complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Romano's Macaroni Grill above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Romano's Macaroni Grill. Discuss the issues you have had with Romano's Macaroni Grill and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

ROMANO'S MACARONI GRILL — GIFT CARD

I BOUGHT GIFT FOR MACARONI GRILL IN DEC.2012. I WENT TO EAT IN THEIR RESTAURANT LOCATED AT 1350, SCENIC HWY...

Macaroni GrillLisa Gillett in Corporate Guest Relations

I had a very negative experience with Lisa Gillett in Corporate Guest Relations. Lisa treated and questioned me like a criminal even though I'm the victim. She lied to me about different things. Lisa said she had spent a lot of time replying to my emails when it was somebody else who replied to my emails. She said the manager called me twice when it was only once. She said she had called me many times when she had only called me once. Lisa was very rude, unfair, and inconsiderate. She didn't care about what I (the customer) want or don't want. She demanded that I act according to what she or the restaurant wants. Lisa lied that I agreed to submit my concerns with the check number going forward and 'This will ensure your comments are addressed promptly by the Guest Relations team.' - blaming me for their own slow response and resolution, when their slowness had nothing to do with the check number.

sammycat13 Mar 16, 2012

really, what happened, details we need details. that's my complaint!

• Ho
      hottub247 Oct 20, 2011

I was told by the employee, Stephanie Thomas, at the Little Rock, AR site not to ever go to the Macaroni Grill in Little Rock, AR. It was because her mother and I were having a disagreement over a civil matter. I do not believe personal matters should conflict with business matters. I like Macaroni Grill and have always thought highly of their meals. I am now afraid to visit the site for what might happen to the preparation of my meal.

Macaroni GrillFraud

After a year of not patronizing Macaroni Grill in Westlake Village, I decide to give it another try. I called in a takeout order of Chicken Scallopini and Spaghetti with meat balls...they were both awful. The scallopini was so salty it was almost impossible to eat, and the smoked prosciutto was like jerky. The meatballs were cold and hard to chew. For the record, we ate the take out within ten minutes of pickup. I would not recommend the RMG at Westlake Village unless you like really salty and inferior quality food for high prices. I knew there was a reason I stopped going there in the first place.

Macaroni GrillA Total Disappointment

I've eaten at Macaroni Grill s during my travels in other parts of the country, but never like Romano's Macaroni Grill in El Paso, Texas. There was no one at the front desk to great and seat me. I just stood there for ten minutes. Other staff walked past, and some were obviously sitting around, off duty, and paid no attention. Then table service was slow. The place was not that busy. The salad was made of limp, old lettuce and tomatoes that should have been tossed a week earlier. I set that aside. The fish was late arriving and was undercooked and oily. The bread was cold, and the oil on the table, for dipping, had gone rancid. What more can I say? I was glad to get out of there without getting Tomaine poisoning. I thought about sitting down with the manager, but it was clear from the attitude and general composure of the staff that the fish had rotted from the head down. This place has a great location, but does nothing to help MG's reputation. I don't think I'll stop at an MG again for a long, long time.

Macaroni GrillDont eat there

Its not right to set amount of tip by the amount of your total ticket without the concent of the coustmer. Iwill not use your place of business being the macaronigrill, bakersfield ca date 1/21/2011. I willbe sure to let other people I know obout how business is done at the macaronigrill.

Macaroni GrillThis by far the worst experience we have had at a restaurant

On 02/14/2009 me and my family were in the Redlands, CA area and delighted in a repast to end our day. The time tested and accepted restaurants such as olive garden, Outback, and Red Lobster restaurants were full to capacity, and could offer nothing more than a hour wait at minimum. We happen to pass your restaurants and notice no hungry patrons lingering out front. We should been smarter, but resolved that no food could be that bad. We ordered the sausage salentin, pasta bolognes, and the beef spiedini for a total for $44.oo dollars.
          I have never suffered through a meal as I did this night. The food arrived 3 min after we ordered it, and was cold. My wife was convinced that the kitchen opened a can of spaghetti of the shelf from the local market and cleverly named it pasta bolognes.My sausage salentin that my blood pressure surly raised 30 points, and struggled to taste anything that resembled what I ordered, but likened to hamburger helper and ground turkey. The beef spiedini was nearly raw and was sent back as all of it should have been.

We could only make it through half our meals when we told the waitress to "GET THIS FOOD AWAY FROM US." And even as the waitress could clearly see the dissatisfaction on our faces she refused to have the manager address our concerns. This by far the worst experience we have had at a restaurant, and I surly intend to express my opinion in this vast community known as the "world wide net" and bring to light the horrible experience known as the Macaroni grill.

Romano's Macaroni GrillUnedible food, not make right

I went to this romano's grill for a meal and have been there numerous times. The last time I went maybe two months ago, they made my order correctly, as they always had. I have very specific food restrictions and ask my food be made with no oils or butter. Usually there is no problem-- it's made fine. This time, however, everything at this place was overly oily--to the point of being unedible...the soup I had was excessively oily to where there was oil surrounding the soup and globs of it in the soup---unedible and disgsuting, and I had had that soup before and it wasn't that way. Then my dish, came out extra oily...it was as if by saying no oil the idiot cooks decided to add too much oil. It was not only awful, unedible, but it made me sick adn I could not eat it. I then just asked for simple pasta, with tomato sauce on it--thinking there's no way that can be oily--but when it was brought out-- it was even oilier than the previous dish-- how is that even possible. I can get the tomato sauce being oily, but i've eaten there many times and it never was that way. Worse, the chicken was disgusting and pieces of fat, not even chicken...so it's the oiliest most disgusting unedible pasta dish with not even chicken but pieces of fat meshed with a little chicken---so terrible...how is a chain restaurant serving this kind of food...specifically if someone asks for no oil why is their dish drenched in table spoons of oil to the point of being unedible... Have never had pasta that was that bad and had so much oil in my life...this is the worst chain restaurant. I even asked my server, if they were going to dump the iced tea, because I wanted a refill and knew they were closing. He assured me they save the iced tea until people leave. When I asked for more-- he said it was dumped. I mean just overall this is not a good restaurant and it serves the worst food not even food that should be served or called chicken, and they dont even make your food right or care to. I left hungry and can't imagine ever going back to that place again.

• Valerie Jul 07, 2008

Apparently Macaroni Grill has decided to save money on their dishwashing because the silverware, glasses and plates are being used so dirty that you can actually see old dried food on them.

I complained to the manager and was told that since most people don't look that carefully and hence don't notice, he "did not see a problem." I even filled out the customer satisfaction form to let their corporate office know and all that got was a $10 coupon to encourage me to try their restaurant again. I will never eat there again. If you can see food on your fork, what is on your plate and can't be seen because there is food on top of it? Yuck!

Disgusting!

Macaroni GrillBad value, service and taste

Every time I go to this restaurant (which I try to avoid but it's by my office and people always choose to go here for birthdays and lunch meetings etc.) I find they WAY over-charge for things, and they give you MEASLY serviings.

I ordered the caprese salad. Probably paid at lease $7 for it, for lunch. Usually I love this kind of salad, but theirs was bad because it was maybe 5 simple slices of tomato with one blob of mozzarella on top and a tiny sliver of basil and balsamic. The mozzarella is supposed to be about as big as the tomato circle. And it's supposed to be chilled, so you can even cut it. Theirs was a small dallop and it started becoming soft and warm and losing its shape. Needless to say, I was still hungry when I left.

Then I asked for coffee. They gave me a small mug of coffee and it was just like a normal size one, but it was $2.19!!! And it got cold really fast, and the server never stopped back over to our table to ask if I wanted so more. If I'd known it was costing that much, I would have had at least 2 more refills.

All in all, my total for LUNCH was over $12, for nasty, poorly executed dishes and service.

Romanos Macaroni GrillNot good at all

The worst meal we've had out at a restaurant in a long, long time. My wife had the shrimp dish which was cold and the shrimp was tasteless and rubbery as if it had sat in a cold water pot after cooking earlier that day then grilled. Couldn't even pop the shrimp tails off the meat. Not to mention that the dish looked more like an appetizer than entree. I had spaghetti and meat balls and ordered a sausage on the side to sample. What a disappointment with the portion (approx 1-1/2 cups of spaghetti, which was cooked properly), however, the meat balls had the texture of meat loaf without the breading, more like 90/10 hamburger meat and a little larger than the frozen meatballs you get at Sams club in a big bag. The sauce tasted undercooked and had the consistency and color of a light salsa chip dip and could have pasted for such. the sausage was not link as requested but in 1/4" crumbles that were brought out in a bowl sliding around in a yellow/oily grease. The sausage was cold and hard.

Even though there were four of us the bread was only half eatten as a of being cold and hard. The olive oil herbs consisted of only table pepper. When we requested fresh bread, the waiter admitted that the bread was old and they had received other complaints. Another (hot / fresh) loaf was brought to the table just prior to us finishing our meal. My daughters Fettuccine Alfredo looked good and she said it tasted good but quickly finished it, not much of a portion, about a cup full. No salads were served as they are no longer included with your entree. - budget cuts I guess.

My daughters friend had wanted to order her favorite salad, called "insalada blue" a great tasting salad and a favorite of mine as well. Unfortunalty, management saw fit to discontinued this particular salad and nothing similar was added.

The cost of this disappointment, 84 bucks with the tip. included no alcohol, no appetizers and only one person ordered a house salad prior to the meal, my wife.

Overall, the visit to this restaurant turned an overall great family outing into one that would have been better if we had eaten at McDonalds.

No doubt dollars are had to compete for in this economic environment but cutting portions in half and making the always expected pre entree dinner salad an option not smart business. With bad tasting food, its a death sentence.

Macaroni GrillI will never go back there again

I took my daughter to macaroni grill for her birthday. She was turning 12 the next day. Along with her 6 year old sister and nine month old brother we were having a great dinner. I had them bring her some birthday cake and a singer sung happy birthday to her. It wasnt too long before my 6 year old said she had to go to the bathroom. Well that meant we all had to go. So I picked up my son and his diaper bag( I might as well change his diaper while Im in there). I asked one of the waitresses were the bathroom was and we all went in. Both my daughter used the restroom and I changed my sons diaper. I waited with them to wash their hands and then it happened. In walks one of the waitresses she pretends to look in each stall then washed her hands and left out. If you dont get it then I will tell you. Im a black woman with my 3 biracial kids. We all left the table so they assumed, since black people dont have money to go out to eat and pay for, that we left without paying. We all got back to the table and I was extremely angry. I asked my waiter if he thought we left and he said he didnt know. I would have done more but I didnt want to spoil things for my daughter and my other children. We left and needless to say I will never go back there again!

• Zo
                      zoiejoajwijewerh Oct 29, 2009

An ignorant woman like yourself shouldn't be raising children

• Au
                      Aurora767 Aug 31, 2009

SO employees wanted to make sure that a customer didn't skip out on their bill and you play the race card! Well, I am a white woman and my mother and I once ate out and both of us then went the restroom and employees came in after us to see what was going on. I was annoyed but did not assume for a moment that the 2 asians were racist.

Romano's Macaroni Grill restaurants — Health violation's

We went to a restraunt, located on Stapley and us 60. The restaurant name is Romano's Macaroni Grill...

Macaroni Grill — multiple complaints

Last evening, my dining companion and I decided we would enjoy a little pasta and vino, so we set out for...

Macaroni and grill — Poor service

This pertain to all macaroni and grill restaurant (so far that i've been too) well there's two...

Macaroni GrillMacaroni Grill Greenville manager is a jerk

I had a problem at the Macaroni Grill near Greenville South Carolina when I visited friends there. We were in a large group of people and the waitress was doing a great job of keeping everybody happy.

The only problem was with the manager named Smiles or Smiling, who was a total jerk the whole time. He "helped" us a few times by berating our waitress when the waitress' assistant brought out an order for another table, and by making her get more silverware to replace a set that was dirty. We were embarrassed for the waitress because of the way he was treating her, and we could tell that she was near tears a couple of times- for no reason. She felt the need to apologize constantly for messing things up even though she wasn't!

We were the biggest group in the restaurant so the manager felt that the had to stand around us almost the entire time, which was very annoying.

When she brought out our check my wife tried to console her and told her that she did a great job, considering the size of the group, and that she didn't think the waitresses' manager needed to browbeat her the way he did. The waitress told us that his wife had a baby recently which might be why he acted the way he did.

All in all, I would consider going back to that location when in town, as long as that Smiling guy was nowhere in the building near us or our waitress.

• Es