Rite Aidpoor customer service / clueless pharmacists

We used to have an Eckerd's. It was clean, organized. The staff was customer-oriented. Service was great. Pharmacy was excellent.

Eckerd was sold and turned into a Rite Aid. It is awful. Poor service. Idiot pharmacy. The store is diminished and feels claustrophobic.

I am switching to CVS in town after using this drug store for 10 years.

• Jr
    JR Sep 23, 2008

This is almost too ingnorant a comment to respond to. Very few, if any, pharmacists are clueless. The majority of them possess doctorate degrees. Most former Eckerd stores retained the pharmacists after the Rite Aid take-over so if if this person feels that the pharmacist is "clueless" (which is a rude and uneducated comment) then he or she is referring to an Eckerd pharmacist (which is also an unfair statement). It's time that people stop treating pharmacists like cashiers and start utilizing them as the therapeutic resources they are.

• St
    stealth Oct 02, 2008

Clueless pharmacist. We clueless pharmacist must deal with Idiot MD, Stupid customers, & insurance company ###S all day long. Sorry we come across clueless, its because we must stand all day long with no break for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or for the bathroom.

• Oh
    Ohio Pharmacy Agency Dec 25, 2017

@stealth I have some good advice if you don't feel you are being treated right at work, Quit, just leave, do they have you on a leash.? If you cant handle the Customers cause they are the real problem isn't that right? You should leave don't take that crap from people, you show them whos boss.

• Ar
    Arnold Nov 04, 2008

RITE AID PHARMACY RIPS PEOPLE OFF WITH THEIR HIGH DRUG PRICES, AND CHARGES MORE IN THE POOREST NEIGHBORHOODS. THEIR DRUG PRICES ARE HIGHER THAN ANY OTHER DRUG STORE, AND I KNOW CAUSE I TAKE A LOT OF DRUGS AND WHEN I CALL THEM TO CHECK A PRICE THEY ARE AT LEAST 25% MORE. AND THEIR PHARMACISTS ARE JUST SO MISERABLE, AND THEIR STORES SO DIRTY, I DON'T KNOW WHY ANYONE WOULD GO THERE, I HOPE THEY WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS SOON, AS WITH THE ECONOMY LIKE IT IS, WE DONT NEED A STORE LIKE THAT TAKING ADVANTAGE OF SICK PEOPLE

• Li
    lisa Nov 04, 2008

I just came from being yelled at by pharmacist a Rite Aide, and I am amazed how rude he was. He did not understand the simple to need to just tell the customer that i need to call and check with them later. And he had the nerve to yell at me, when i waited to hear feed back and I asked what should I do next. where can i complain about him. I am angry about the bad treatment.

maureen catalanotto Nov 07, 2008

Clueless Pharmacist guess what i dont give a crap how many degrees you have. I just had to run out at 1130 at night brcause the so call pharmacist with the doctor degree gave me highblood pressure pills instead of antibotics, thank god i thought to read the label.
    So dont blame doctors, or customers, or insurence companies, i have never seen a store run so poorly as Rite Aid. CVS is opening up down the block and I plan I shopping there. Rite Aid is a five and dime store. i had to laugh tonight if I wasent so mad.
    I could buy a sweat shirt that said Huntington on it, or buy a can of motor oil but i can get the right medication that I needed and might have taken something that good have been very harmful for me since i have very low blood pressure.

CHARLES ANDRASKO,JR. Mar 15, 2009

RITE AID SOLD MY GIRL FRIEND A 15 OZ. CANISTER OF METAMUCIL THAT IS 2 YEARS OLD.
    SINCERELY,
    CHARLES ANDRASKO, JR.

• Fo
    forrest1234 Jul 02, 2009

I am so glad that I am not the only one who has experience this. Eckard's was a nice well organized store with a great pharmacy. The rite aid that has taken over is a job, and the whole pharmacy department is clueless in my opinion. The one on N. College road in wilmington nc is a total joke. I will no longer use rite aid, ever! They are slow, rude, always so unhappy acting and unhelpful. They act like they are doing us the favor not me bringing them money for a service. These people really don't care. It looks like with today's economy and so many businesses going under that customer care would be a high priority, well it isn't at this store.

• Da
    Darlene McGuinness Jul 05, 2009

Why are all the employees Middle Eastern/Indian/Muslim at my local
    Rite Aid store in New York City? All of the cashiers are Indians and
    have no concept of doing business the American way. These Indians
    constantly call the Indian store manager for approval for trivial
    things, such as selling me cigarettes, giving me change for a $50, or
    about store hours. Americans are more empowered and polite in doing
    business, where as Indians are clueless and unhelpful. Then, when I
    get home, I call the Rite Aid customer service to make a complaint
    and the representative is an Indian! He takes down my complaint and
    refers me to a regional manager whose name is Binsu Patel Singh, an
    Indian regional manager!!! I can't believe that Rite Aid is being
    completely overtaken by Indians. If you buy from Rite Aid, you are
    buying from India...I'm sticking with Walgreens, which was
    American-owned and operated the last time that I checked.

• Co
    Come On! Jan 07, 2010

Indians are trying to live their life, if you dont like it dont shop there, usually store hours are posted all in the entrance of store, talk about american, shouldnt you had fiqured that one out. no one wants those jobs, so let them do it

• Da
    Dale Bartlett Jul 27, 2010

I called in my prescripion at 9am and went to get it at 1pm, had to wait another half hr for them to fill it

• Fr
    Francis Buck Aug 30, 2010

Okay, seriously. You want to know why the people at Rite Aid are miserable and miserable to you? They are underpaid. They are underappreciated. They get no thanks for anything they do. They have to do more with fewer people, almost scrapping the bottom of the barrel. The vast majority of customers are scammers trying to get everything for nothing who argue about things they don't understand themselves. Some of them even hate waking up in the morning knowing they have to go to work that day. It's ignorant saying "I hope they go out of business". The company might suck, making their employees so miserable they can barely stand to be there themselves, but they are just people trying to pay their bills and make it through the day. Just me...if the workers could afford to leave...almost all of them would.

• Mi
    miramontez Apr 05, 2011

I have told Denny Palko and Debbie Breed that they are not allowed to talk to me about my sexual harassment complaint, if they have questions or concerns to have Ken's lawyer call the commision on human relations. Kens lawyer offerd me $500.00 to quit then $1, 000.00 then $2, 000.00. I should not have to quit my job just because the store manager tried to cut my hair off with the office scissors of two separate occasions in August 2010 Ken told me it is his job to intitiate the new girls and it does not make sense. Now Mr. Hanson is calling my home asking me about my sexual harassment complaint when he has to know that Kens lawyer is handling that. A female employee should not have to put up with sexual abuse of any kind just to keep a job at Rite Aid. just my opinion. store #000268 pittsburgh

• Ta
    Tanya P Sep 01, 2013

This was the worst experience of my life, I went to purchase ice cream on this very hot day. There was no ice cream in freezer, in which my second choice was to purchase ice cream cones. I waited in line about 7 mins, it was finally my turn and I couldn't even order. this has got to be the nastiest deep freezer I have ever seen in my life, I know that this is a health hazard. I couldn't believe that they were serving customers ice cream in the condition of this area. TOTALLY NASTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• Mi
    MizRespect Apr 07, 2016

Okay here is my opinion, everyone struggling if a person does not like working at Rite Aid then go out & either supplement the job or save money then at some point simply terminate employment. All the employees of Rite Aid do is whine like a bunch of kids! i now I won't give them my business. Be grateful for the job you have R.A. I'm an army veteran & worked many an unpleaseant thankless job. Put on you big boy/big girl pants on! Consumers take your business to CVS, or other drug stores.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices