Restoration Hardware Logo

Restoration Hardware

Having problems with Restoration Hardware?

Restoration Hardware Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 762 1005 (United States)
+1 209 834 1044 (International)
+1 800 910 9836 (Customer Service)
+1 800 762 1751 (RH Baby and Child)
+1 844 623 7500 (RH Teen)
+1 877 733 6200 (RH Trade Division)
15 Koch Rd STE K
Fri6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
2900 North MacArthur Drive - Suite 100, Tracy, CA 95376

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Restoration Hardware Customer Service. Initial Restoration Hardware complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Restoration Hardware above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Restoration Hardware. Discuss the issues you have had with Restoration Hardware and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Restoration Hardware Catalog — size of catalog

I am so completely appalled and disapppointed in Restoration Hardware for their new catalog which is the size...

Restoration Hardwarelong wait times for defective furniture

I will never purchase anything from Restoration Hardware again.

5 1/2 months ago, we ordered a sofa and armchair. These are custom items, and have to be manufactured specifically for us. Fine. They promised 6 to 8 weeks. They delayed the order not once, but twice, so that it took 3 1/2 months to receive the items. Then, upon delivery, I could tell in the first second I saw it that there were stains and scuff marks all over the sofa (uh, quality control, anyone?). We asked for a replacement sofa, which again had to be custom ordered. So then, 6 months after the original order, the day before the replacement sofa was to be delivered, the delivery service calls to tell me that there are black stains all over this sofa, and they're returning it to Restoration Hardware, and ordering ANOTHER replacement sofa, which will again take 3 months to get -- for a total of 9 months wait time from when the original order was placed.

Unacceptable.

I call RH myself, and they offer me $250 cash back off the order, or a $500 discount on the stained sofa if I want to keep that. They wouldn't budge any further than this, even though it was going to take 9 months and over $3500 to simply get a living room set (that is, if that 3rd replacement sofa hadn't come with stains as well, like sofas #1 and #2 did). I told them to come and pick up the armchair, that we are returning everything and canceling the entire order. After I pushed further, explaining how utterly inadequate their attempts to satisfy me as a customer were, they agreed to give me a $150 gift certificate towards a future RH purchase.

Restoration Hardwaredefective items

I will never purchase anything from Restoration Hardware again. 5 1/2 months ago, we ordered a sofa and armchair. These are custom items, and have to be manufactured specifically for us. Fine. They promised 6 to 8 weeks. They delayed the order not once, but twice, so that it took 3 1/2 months to receive the items. Then, upon delivery, I could tell in the first second I saw it that there were stains and scuff marks all over the sofa. We asked for a replacement sofa, which again had to be custom ordered. So then, 6 months later, the day before the replacement sofa was to be delivered, the delivery service calls to tell me that there are black stains all over this sofa, and they're returning it to Restoration Hardware, and ordering ANOTHER replacement sofa, which will again take 3 months to get -- for a total of 9 months wait time from when the original order was placed. Unacceptable. I call RH myself, and they offer me $250 cash back off the order, or a $500 discount on the stained sofa. They wouldn't budge any further than this, even though it was going to take 9 months and over $3500 to simply get a living room set (that is, if that 3rd replacement sofa hadn't come with stains as well, like sofas #1 and #2 did). I told them to come and pick up the armchair, that we returning everything and canceling the entire order. After I pushed further, explaining how utterly inadequate their attempts to satisfy me as a customer were, they agreed to give me a $150 gift certificate towards a future RH purchase. Like I will ever go near their store again. This company totally failed, across the board, and I am outraged.

Restoration Hardwarejoke

Ordered two pieces of furniture from them in Sept. 2010. It is now Feb. 2011, still no furniture and the expected delivery date has one been changed to April/may or most likely June. No explanation is ever given for the unreasonable delays. Stay away from Restoration Hardware. Their customer service is awful, they just don't care about their customers.

I've read other bad reviews about this company, now I am concerned about the quality of the furniture if it eventually does come in. They don't even tell you about the delays, you need to check your order status online to discover changes in delivery.

Restoration Hardwareshame on

Shame on your Restoration Hardware!

You have made it very clear to me that you do not care about your customers.

You sent me merchandise that was missing parts. When I called to get the parts, your customer service representatives were less than stellar. One promised to call me back and never did. Another hung up on me. The last person said she called local stores looking for the missing parts, but when I checked with those stores, they said no one from corporate called.

Let's be clear, I've spent thousands of dollars at your stores. Based on this experience I will find another retailer that appreciates my businesses and knows a thing or two about doing the right thing when they make a mistake

Restoration Hardwareterrible delivery, false promises

TERRIBLE customer service and shipping ability. I ordered a bed that was not back ordered and was set to ship on time (30-45 days).

Once the delivery date passed, i called customer service to learn that it was another month delayed (and by the way, they were sorry no one remembered to tell me).

Another month goes by, the date came and went, and i called again to learn it was another 6 weeks delayed.

I have since checked in on it twice and was promised it was still going to ship as planned.

That date came and went today... and when i called to check on the status, they once again pushed back the date another 2-3 weeks (and again, were sorry that no one remembered to tell me about the further delays)

All in, i am waiting well over 4 months for a standard headboard. I ordered one from Pottery Barn, it shipped 5 days later and was at my house within the next week. Will try to avoid Restoration at all costs.

• Ha
              Hang Nguyen Oct 04, 2013

I had the same experience with my order. There was not much help from RH. You could only do one of the 2 things: keep waiting or cancel the order and go somewhere else.

Restoration Hardwareterrible service

We purchased a rather expensive and large mall to hang on our wall. The initial delivery was satisfactory. Although I opened and inspected the frame and glass before signing for the item I did not think to check to make certain that the hardware that they installed to hang the item was done properly. It was installed up upside down. An item over $1200 and it was installed upside down. After waiting weeks for another delivery nothing happened. The shipping company claims they came to the house but no one was home. We live in a gated community and they have to call our phone before they can get through the gate. Caller ID shows no calls made. Pathetic when they lie. We contacted our local store (we bought from the store, not online) and they were unable to help. Apparently they have no leverage with the people the hire to ship their items.
            Now they want us to sir around another day and see if they decide to show up.

I certainly wish I would have read up on them before making a purchase. If you are reading this review and others on this site consider yourself warned. Restoration Hardware is a waste of your money and your time.

• El
                EllyCanada Apr 20, 2011

In Canada, it is even more tediuous to purchase from R. Hd due they operate like a walk-in catalogue store. My story is horrific; a huge wall map of Italy that fell off the wall due to their defective crimping of the wire in the back.Thankfully nobody was injured but damage was done and they want to brush me off with a coupon to the amount of the repair. I am considering suing them...anyone have any comments?

Restoration Hardware — can't get bed

Ordered a headboard in Sept. 2010, it came and was of poor quality!! It looked like a 3rd grader had glued...

Restoration Hardware — false advertising/poor customer service

On July 11, 2010 I placed an order for the French Casement Vanity and the Industrial Tower. I finally...

Restoration Hardwarevery bad experience

We had a very bad experience with purchasing from Restoration Hardware. Purchased a the Sutter dinning room set a couple of years ago. The wood base and table top since cracked and it took month of pleating with R.H. to getting it fixed. More recently, we wanted to use our leaf for the first time, and realized it didn't fit. Once again, it was a nightmare getting it taken car of. The leaf was clearly from a different table, but Restoration Hardware's customer support simply doesn't care. The subcontract they sent out, said it couldn't be fixed, and since the set had been discontinued there was nothing the company could do. Restoration Hardware has serious customer service issued, but as I told the lady on the phone, they have lost a customer for life.

Restoration Hardware Onlineexcessive packaging

I purchased 5 small lanterns for my yard-11'high and about 6" square, they each arrived separately boxed in 3 boxes the outside box was 4 feet by 18" and then the next box was about 3 feet by a foot and the last box was one that fit the product-even the UPS guy I showed the boxes and lantern to was shocked! This is such a waste to the planate I will not order anything from Restoration Hardware again. To add insult to injury, I called customer (lack) of service and ended up speaking to Ruby a supervisor who parroted policy and was uncaring and rude to me-although I was not in a mood to talk with trained chimps who have nothing but scripts to do their job, it added to the horrible experience. Bottom line, Interesting product is not enough-you have to have an earth friendly packaging strategy and human beings to talk to customers. This order has other problems ongoing but I would not recommend Restoration Hardware for any online purchase-get ready to recycle packaging for ever and rude uncaring customer service.

Restoration Hardwarecustomer service

I ordered that same table but when it was delivered to my house there was a HUGE scratch mark on it, maybe 7 or 8 inches long. Well anyways after I called to make an exchange what do you know they offered me a gift certificate?? I mean a gift certificate? Come on now I wanted an exchange not a gift certificate! After going nowhere with that I decided to email instead, the guy that wrote the email was like a coke head. So he told me to call him on his direct line to settle everything. Nontheless he offered me 3 choices: a full refund, some toot, or a ### meat sandwich topped with a bj. Thank you for nothing frustration hardware. F u k U Tootny

Cock_Guy'z_Revenge Feb 11, 2010

### You Son of A ###! RESTO RULES! You Just Love ### So You Thought You Could Pull One On Us. Well Let Me Tell You Something, Are You Mexican? You Seem Like It Cuz You're Trying To Pull Illegal Stuff. Fuuuuckkk Yoouuuuuuuuuu Wettiez!

PS: Is Dat A? Geethatificate?

• To
                      Tooty Jan 12, 2010

Ay carnal I recall that frustration hardware only the finest quality of service. This reminds me of when your stiffy fell short of expectations. So in order to correct the problem you called your "supervisor". Although it was quite a delightful evening I was never the catcher in our reindeer games. The coke head guy put the whipped cream from ihop on my sac and licked it off. Meanwhile mack was fuking the coke head from behind. I guess what goes around comes around cuz Edgar "1 of the coke heads supervisor" stuck his Oscar Mayer down his throat and he gagged out. Know wonder when I talk to him his breath smells so fuking like 2 ### thathave been shoved down the same ### at the same time. Fuk frustration hardware

Cock_Guy Jan 12, 2010

UPDATE: Low and behold, this guy calls back AGAIN. He orders a $5.00 hand cream and before it even ships, calls and complains that it arrived damaged. Strange thing is, i hadnt even shipped yet! Yup you guessed it, He then asks for compensation. Says something about a possible bigger compensation? I deny his request. At this point hes furious! I askes how we cam solve this matter and he asks for my ###. I informed him as a one time courtesy, he could gargle my balls. He took the deal and choked on them to death. Guess we wont here from him anymore!

Cock_Guy

• To
                      Tooty Jan 12, 2010

I only wished that the ### meat was bigger than that scratch on the table. Three and 1/2 inches is unacceptable! The coke head guy only lasted about two minutes if you call what he had as hard. Than i proceeded to ### him in the ### right in front of his coworkers until he admitted that he loved my package. Maybe frustration hardware needs to do background checks and not hire coke heads.

Cock_Guy Jan 12, 2010

After i offered the 3 choices, he did not heistate to chose the ### me sandwich. I told him hed get it within 1-3 business dayz. He called 2 hours later asking for an update and if i could deliver it "express". None the less, once he got it, he asked for further compensation so i let him deep throat me. Of course, that was after i tea bagged him.

Cock_Guy Jan 12, 2010

He didnt complain wen i gave him the ### meat sandwich.

Restoration Hardware — misleading info on delivery

Prompted by sale, I ordered 10 dining chairs + 2 armchairs. Advised by the salesperson that if I chose one of...

Restoration Hardwarerefuse to admit error

Ordered for office

Lamp base + shade ordered in april.

Shade back ordered, promised for june.

Shade only available to ship out july.

Original method of payment declined, because funds expired june (admin matter).

Had shade been shipped out in june, funds would have been available.

Restoration hardware refuses to admit error on their side.

Restoration Hardware — dont stand behind product

I purchased a sofa from restoration hardware about 7 years ago. The fabric was thin and when I expressed...

Restoration Hardware — incorrect merchandise one too many times!!

On several occasions I drove 45 min to Restoration Hardware in King of Prussia and was given the wrong...

Restoration Hardwarepoor quality dining room chairs

Upholstered Dining room chairs from Restoration Hardware purchased in September, 2006, are less than 2 years old & they squeak! This happens every time we sit down on 5 out of 6 chairs purchased. They have been used once/month (maybe). I weigh 110lbs, my husband 150lbs. Only remedy offered when calling the 800 # was to call a local furniture repair operation & pay for it ourselves. Terrible quality & service for the price: $2000 for 6 chairs. Do not recommend the Empire Camelback series. Won't buy anything from Restoration Hardware again.

There is no local assistance at the retail store. Through the 800#, they have opened a "Product Information Request" through Customer Service. I received a tracking number & was promised a 48 hour turnaround for them to tell me if this was a pervasive problem & if they were going to do anything to help me. A week & a half later, I called & nothing had been done. I'm giving up as I realize now nothing will be. I plan to load up every Internet site I can find with my disappointment!

RestorationHardware.com — scam and fraud!

On 1/4/08 I place an order for several items, one being a garage work bench. I received all items except the...