Restoration Hardware Logo

Restoration Hardware

Having problems with Restoration Hardware?

Restoration Hardware Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 762 1005 (United States)
+1 209 834 1044 (International)
+1 800 910 9836 (Customer Service)
+1 800 762 1751 (RH Baby and Child)
+1 844 623 7500 (RH Teen)
+1 877 733 6200 (RH Trade Division)
15 Koch Rd STE K
Fri6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sat5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sun6:00 AM - 8:00 PM
2900 North MacArthur Drive - Suite 100, Tracy, CA 95376

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Restoration Hardware Customer Service. Initial Restoration Hardware complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Restoration Hardware above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Restoration Hardware. Discuss the issues you have had with Restoration Hardware and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Restoration Hardware Complaints & Reviews

Restoration HardwareDelivery of faucets

Redoing two bathrooms. Have all the materials from all the suppliers EXCEPT Restoration Hardware. Ordered over $6, 000 worth of bath fixtures, received a partial order of most of the items and at the last minute, received an email from them telling us the Dillon PN sink faucets are going to be two months late. This is unacceptable!

I would have never ordered from them had I know of these severe delays but unfortunately most of the the other items that match are installed. Now we have two bathrooms that we can't use because we can't use the sinks.

Restoration Hardwarehorrible quality and customer service

We purchased the 1930's French Farmhouse Rectangular Extension Dining Table on 9/19/2018. It was delivered on 9/27/2018 to our home in Hilton Head SC. We paid an additional 599.00 for delivery service. They set up dining room table in our home.

We moved on 9/25/2019 to Boise, Idaho. While movers were boxing up table we noticed cracks in base pieces. We immediately took pictures to provide to RH. I contacted the customer service department on 10/9 to request that they come to the house and pick up the table as I did not want this poor quality furniture in our home. I provided numerous emails from 10/9/19-10/11 with attached pictures. Today on 10/14/2019 we spoke to numerous customer service representatives.

The final decision their TEAM came up with was they could not verify table was not damaged on move therefore they would not rectify the situation. I requested numerous times that they send a representative to our home to see the table. The cracks are uniform and run from top to bottom indicative of poor quality. Our question to them was...So customers need to be aware that once you purchase an item from RH you can never move it for it negates you from having any resolution if the product starts to have issues secondary to the quality.

My husband requested that a detailed email be sent to his address with all involved parties names and titles so we can escalate this matter further. The customer representatives Caroline Sullivan and Annysia Diaz were who we last spoke to, they informed us they were supervisors and this was how RH handles these matters. There is the response they sent us...

Hello Todd,

Thank you for taking the time to contact RH Regarding Order [protected].

After review of the photos and your order, we have decided to not move forward in returning your 1930's French Farmhouse Rectangular Dining table. We came to this conclusion as a result of the age of the order and the damage being brought to our attention after the piece was disassembled and shipped from South Carolina to Idaho.

Please be advised RH reserves the right to refuse returns or exchanges of items that are not in as-new condition due to damage or misuse by the client.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Warmest Regards,
    Annysia Diaz and Caroline Sullivan

We would like a representative to come to home and view table which is in mint condition minus the cracks. We would also like the table picked up and a refund, so we never have to deal with this atrocious business again.

Todd and Mary Smith
    [protected]@together.net
    [protected]

Restoration Hardware — ordering

I cannot believe a company this size can not figure out simple things. I ordered and have confirmation on 2...

Restoration Hardware — terrible products

This company makes terrible products. They are poorly designed. And very overpriced. I am an electricia...

RestorationHardware.comI got defective stuff, and the rep refused to change it

I bought some décor stuff from the company www.restorationhardware.com. It was sale on the website, so I haven’t spent a lot of money. I got the order, but the stuff was defective. I contacted the rep and explained the situation, but this jerk refused to change the items and told me that under their policy it was impossible. I heard about their policy for the first time. I have no idea what measures to take now. Please, help me.

Restoration Hardware — fraud

I placed three orders since 2013. Every one of the orders ended up in a disappointment. I do realize now that...

Restoration Hardware — delivery service

I have a complaint about the delivery service of my merchandises (14 furniture pieces ordered since Mid Aug...

Restoration Hardwarepoor customer service

I Purchased a slipcover couch, forget the exact model, in December 2006, took possession of it in January of 2007.Also this was a floor model I purchased. Two days ago I removed one of the slipcovers (the chaise cushion, of course the biggest one) to clean, and the seams on the cushion underneath are pulling apart and in some spots completely separated. These are down wrapped cushions so there are literally feathers coming out everywhere. Called CS and was given the spiel on ho RH stands behind their products and I should submit photos and info for review. So I Submit photos and info as advised only to be told that since It was a floor model that there is no warranty.What!? Floor models and sale items are sold "as is". If this is company policy it needs to be told to the consumer prior to purchasing a product. The last car I purchased was a "demo/floor" model and that still came with a full factory warranty. Am I surprised that a six year old couch has damage? No. Am I surprised that a company that "stands behind its products" would sell a $5000.00 couch and not honor a warranty when that object starts to fall apart? yep. A $5000.00 couch shouldn't be falling apart to begin with after only 6 years considering average life expectancy of a couch is 10-15 years. They were nice enough to ask if I would like to purchase a new cushion at about 50% of the cost of the couch after delivery. Long story short, buyer beware. Just because you are paying high end prices, for what is billed as top quality furniture, you don't necessarily get high end service, or even a warranty.

poor customer service

• Kn
            Knowingishalfthebattle Oct 08, 2013

As far as the company "not honoring a warranty when the object falls apart", floor models are sold as is. Not only that having checked many of the major furniture stores online most all of them have a 1-5 year warranty so even if there was a factory warranty it would have likely expired.

• Ro
            Rosa Apodaca Nov 25, 2012

I had to cancel an order for light fixtures and a beautiful sofa because of RH's incredibly poor customer service. I spent hours picking out all I wanted to have in my home for Christmas, but unfortunately after waiting more than 60 days, I had only light bulbs to show for my order. They wanted 30 more days. My time was wasted, my money was parked in their bank account (or spent), and sadly, communication is nonexistent. It seems that customers pay money to keep RH afloat, but customers sit and wait for their purchases with no communication in-between. The store leader says they sent communications, but I've searched all communications--even in the trash and nothing is there except sales announcements. Last night, I was told that RH was going to send confirmation by email of my order cancellation. Today, I have nothing. I must now get in my car and go to the store again and ask for something in writing. If this is how RH treats good customers, I would hate to see how you treat so-so customers. I did not even get good service while I was a potential customer. What are they doing? Why do they treat customers in such a pejorative way. Yesterday, the store leader told management that she had a frustrated customer. I was not frustrated, the service just made me very disappointed and angry. Big difference.

• Kr
            kristy1313 Feb 08, 2012

I ordered two matching armchairs online from Restoration Hardware on January 2. I wanted to purchase them in the store, but I was told I would have to pay the $95 shipping fee since they would be sent from California and it was the same on the website but they offered 10% off. On January 13th, after sitting here for 4 hours they arrived, but they did not match. One was an oval back chair and the other was square. I told the delivery man. He said I know the square one was mislabeled with the wrong sticker and I told them at the warehouse it was wrong.I called customer service before the delivery man left because they were "final sale" with no returns. The lady on the phone apologized and said she would do an immediate refund for the incorrect chair and then she would have to recharge me for the right chair. She said she would handle it right away since the chairs were going on clearance. She also said keep the chair and use it until the right one comes. She promised that she had the chairs in stock and online it showed that they did. I was concerned so I checked their website as well and they were available. In a week I got a phone call for delivery, when I called back the lady said it was for a pickup. I explained that there was a replacement chair coming and she said ok she would put the pickup on hold so I would not have to sit and wait three times for delivery. I received the call Friday and they set up "delivery" for Tuesday. Tuesday they arrived and said they were here to pick up the chair, but had nothing for me. I called and was told so sorry your chair is sold out. I have one chair for the seating area for my office. I spoke to customer service and they verified after looking online that all stores were sold out of that chair. They said they had another chair that was similar in a lighter wood that they could order for me but that would be an additional $100 for the two chairs. I asked after waiting over a month for two "instock" chairs was there nothing they could do for me? He said I am sure there is but they do not discuss that until the other replacement chairs have been ordered. I asked so let me get this right, I have sat here twice waiting for delivery and you have screwed it up not once but twice, you have never given me the refund for the chair which you said you had, you never ordered the replacement chair which you said you had, and now you want me to pay you an extra $100 in the hopes that you might be able to get it right and get me two matching chairs and you won't discuss whether I have to pay full price until I have already paid you full price and you have my money. "Yes that is how it works" he said. I said I would call back once I decided. My husband could not believe that I was hearing them right. Surely a national company does not do business this way. He called back and they would not connect him to who I had spoken to even though we had his extension. He had to explain the whole thing all over. They said they would order the new chairs, that they now said were $75 extra each. The chairs in 15 minutes had gone up $50 additional dollars but that they could give him 10% off. Wow charging $50 extra but they were willing to give him a whopping $15 off. Now that is a deal. He told them he would call them back when we decided. WE called them back 10 minutes later and you guessed it explained it all from the beginning and told them to please come get their one remaining chair. I will be calling the credit card company and making sure the charge is removed. Apparently according to what I have read from other customers, giving refunds is not high on their to do list.

Restoration Hardwarepoor product quality

We purchased various different home furnishing items from this company, and always seem to have problems, but each time put it down to a rogue product or defect... basically we gave RH the benefit of the doubt on multiple occasions - well never again!
          This company sells trash, plain and simple, just markets it very well.
          Example 1
          Dining room light set. As you can see from the pictures, while the finish is OK the wall versus center lights all have details which are totally different, yet sold as matching! Note - candle covers are different colors, there are different heights between the shade and the bowl; and the bowl is a totally different shape between center piece and wall light. The room we wished to use these in wasn't finished when the lights were purchased, and by the time we realised the problem and tried to return a few months later, were told we couldn't. Isn't it reasonable to assume that what you purchase from a high-end store as a set would match? Now, a few years later, the candle light fitting sockets are falling apart (plastic cracking), I have needed to replace 2 so far, including trips to big box, rewiring, and my labor. You just shouldn't need to do work after just a few years on such items.
          Example 2
          We purchased expensive drapery from RH, velvet, fully lined, nearly $200 per panel. Yet, when we hung them they didn't hang well, some twisted more than others... they looked kind of odd, not expensive at all! We were told by the shop that they would hang out in time, now we feel like complete idiots for believing this BS! What we found was actually wrong with these panels, is that while they are cut straight and true, the stitching between the liner and facing fabric is way off at the corners on 50% of the panels. Again, poor workmanship and quality control.
          Example 3
          This one is pretty self explanatory; see the polilshed nickel plated bathroom lights, they are all pitted with corrosion after only 5 years. The plating must be complete rubbish to be so bad after such a short period of time. I talked to a reputable plater, and he commented that it would be quite difficult to do a job this badly, "must be Chinese rubbish"!
          So in summary, what we have been trying to do is purchase higher quality items in the hope they last, trusting that paying a little extra from a High Street retailer will pay off in the long run. But our experience is... don't waste your money on RH products... they are NOT quality, will NOT last, its all just marketing hype. To say we are very disappointed with RH, would be a complete understatement; and certainly will never waste our money on their products again.

poor product quality
          poor product quality

• Di
              Dinadra Phillipe-Hennington, IDS Apr 16, 2013

$200.00 for a ready made panel? Choose a fabric that you love and it should cost roughly 3 yards of fabric, 3 yards of lining and labor=$135.00 Sounds like a rip off to me. I think that they should allow you to return these panels as good business practice.

Restoration Hardware (RH)do not deliver

Restoration Hardware — product not as shown on site

We decided on a lighting fixture from Restoration Hardware at a cost of about $600 then discovered the...

Restoration Hardware — delivery

"I ordered an upholstered headboard that took +2 months to arrive. The "white glove" delivery guys scratched...

Restoration Hardware — refusal to sell pillows

I have a $200 Gift Certificate to Restoration Hardware. Unlike all other stores, Pottery Barn, Crate and...

Palisades

Restoration Hardware — deceptive trade

Everyone please be aware that the "Free Design " service is just what you are paying for...Not true design...

Restoration Hardwareawful policies

Do NOT shop at Restoration Hardware if you care at all about customer service. I cannot believe this is possible, but I received a gift card for $750 for my wedding. I bought a couch online and went to enter the gift card number - only you can't use gift cards online. So I called, and was told that they could not accept gift cards over the phone or over the internet, and I had to PUT IT IN THE MAIL. Ok, fine. So then I move and unfortunately, misplace the gift card - totally my fault. I had the number, the date of purchase, and all relevant information, so I called and asked them to replace it. They cannot replace gift cards, they're "like cash". No one had an answer for my question - "so, you ask people to put cash in the mail?"

Now, this is all happening after they deliver the couch, BREAK my front door, and refuse for hours to send a locksmith so I can close my front door and lock it (it was a Friday - the actual quote from the ### in customer service was "wow, I'm SO sorry! That is dangerous to have your front door like that - I will do everything I can to take care of this...when I get back into the office Monday morning") When I asked to file a claim to have the gift card replaced and my delivery fee waived, some idiot promised me he'd have an answer for me "within a week". After three, I called him, emailed him - no answer. A month later, I went into Restoration Hardware and told them what happened. They said "we'll get back to you in a week". Two weeks later, I had to email the guy who gave me his card. Two weeks after that, someone called me to tell me, nope gift card is gone, no way of getting my $750 back. So they have essentially stolen $750 from me, with no recourse available to me.

And the best part is, it's only so-so furniture - the couch came with threads loose, not worth $2500 by a long stretch. Certainly not worth the ridiculous gift card policy and not worth the absurdity of my experience with this awful company.

Restoration Hardwarea company that doesn't stand behind its products

We had a very bad experience with purchasing from Restoration Hardware . Purchased a the Sutter dinning room set a couple of years ago. The wood base and table top since cracked and it took month of pleating with R.H. to getting it fixed. More recently, we wanted to use our leaf for the first time, and realized it didn't fit. Once again, it was a nightmare getting it taken car of. The leaf was clearly from a different table, but Restoration Hardware's customer support simply doesn't care. The subcontract they sent out, said it couldn't be fixed, and since the set had been discontinued there was nothing the company could do. Restoration Hardware has serious customer service issued, but as I told the lady on the phone, they have lost a customer for life.

Restoration Hardware Incpoor service and no refund

Very poor sevrivice. I purchase a frame from RH. It was damaged. They sent me the new one by UPS.Again it came damaged.I sent it back and pick up the new one in store. It was damaged again.I insisted to sell me a floor sample. I had to pay again. I did not get refund for the previos one. I called the. I was told I would get it soon. Email came 2 days later that credit was canceled! It is a nightmare..

Restoration Hardwarehorrible service

I have worked at Restoration Hardware for several years now and we just get numb to the complaints. At the store level, we have no idea if products are in stock or not. The tracking system is a joke. Honestly, we have no idea when things will be delivered. We are told what to tell the customers but experience has told me this is always wrong. It is not uncommon to hear that customers have been waiting 6 months or more for their furniture. Everything comes from China so any delay is going to be a long one.

If you discover a defect in your furniture they will try to make things right but chances are you will have to pay for the replacement, ship the bad piece back, then wait for the credit. (then wait another 6 months because the item is now on back order because everyone else is having the same problems.)

Also note that the furniture is all made by different vendors so the upholstery for the chair might not match the upholstery for the sofa unless they are made by the same vendor.

Thinking of a gift card? Don't embarass yourself. If you try to use a gift card online you will have to pay for the purchase then send in the paper gift card for a credit.

I would like to say that the towels are pretty nice.

• Ga
                        Gary Friedman Jan 27, 2012

Inside last years Restoration Hardware Spring catalogue, CEO Gary Friedman delivers a speech about how "this years Spring line is all about HARMONIZING with your ENVIRONMENT." That's great Gar! Very green of you! Oh, by the way, I really enjoyed reading the spectacular article all about your new home on the top of Belvedere Island in Architectural Digest Magazine. Your house looks just like the phony sets your team creates for your voluminous catalogues each season. The article stated that: "350 truckloads of soil were removed from the top of Belvedere Island so that Friedman's house was literally carved into the hillside." Now if that isn't HARMONIZING with your ENVIRONMENT, I don't know what is!

• Ga
                        Gary Friedman Jan 27, 2012

Printed on bottles of Restoration Hardware Liquid Hand Soap: "This bottle is made from 100% recycled materials. Please Recycle." Where did I get this product? From the dumpster behind their headquarters. Not only does Restoration Hardware not recycle (or donate) their unwanted products, but they regularly put unnecessary pollutants into their local landfill.

Restoration Hardwarepoor service and quality

The problem with Restoration Hardware is that for all their glamorous catalogues and well laid out stores, this is a mail order company with an attitude. We ordered thousands of dollars of furniture for our house and half the furniture arrived damaged - when it arrived.

We waited up to 8 weeks for towels and are still waiting more than 5 months for a piece of furniture. In addition, they actually ship fragile items like mirrors and certain large items including some furniture by UPS instead of using "white glove" delivery. For the prices they charge, that is unforgivable.

When one calls to complain, they give one patronizing excuse after another. They also go out of their way not to provide any contact information other than the same customer service number that offers the same non-answers working off the same script that shows contempt for their customers.

Restoration Hardwareworst customer service and policies

Now, this is all happening after they deliver the couch, BREAK my front door, and refuse for hours to send a locksmith so I can close my front door and lock it (it was a Friday - the actual quote from the ### in customer service was "wow, I'm SO sorry! That is dangerous to have your front door like that - I will do everything I can to take care of this...when I get back into the office Monday morning") When I asked to file a claim to have the gift card replaced and my delivery fee waived, some *** promised me he'd have an answer for me "within a week". After three, I called him, emailed him - no answer. A month later, I went into Restoration Hardware and told them what happened. They said "we'll get back to you in a week". Two weeks later, I had to email the guy who gave me his card. Two weeks after that, someone called me to tell me, nope gift card is gone, no way of getting my $750 back. So they have essentially stolen $750 from me, with no recourse available to me.

• Kc
                            KCOOP Oct 27, 2012

You knew the gift card was to be treated like cash. You should have sent the gift card in with a traceable source. One would send a money order with a traceable source, wouldn't they? Just like cash. You can't call a bank and say you lost $750 and expect them to just give it back, do you? Responsibility in all actions.

• Ha
                            hate restoration hardware Jan 09, 2012

you need to contact the district manager and DEMAND that their "Store Issues" provide you with your lost $750 gift certificate! as a former employee, i know that this can be done. don't let them give you any BS! you are entitled to that.