Menu

complaints

Design Within Reach Complaints Summary

0 Resolved
11 Unresolved
Our verdict: Engaging with Design Within Reach at a 0% resolution rate requires careful navigation. Deep-dive into detailed customer experiences to uncover systemic issues. Critically assess their service descriptions against actual user feedback. When interacting, document every detail, as comprehensive records are vital in such scenarios. Exploring alternatives and understanding your consumer rights are crucial steps. If necessary, be prepared to seek external advice or intervention. In challenging service landscapes, informed decision-making and proactive steps are essential for protecting your interests.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Design Within Reach has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Design Within Reach. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Design Within Reach complaints 11

Sort by:

Newest Design Within Reach complaints

B
5:44 pm EDT

Design Within Reach Eames chair

I purchased an Eames chair from you about 6 years ago for about $6,000. The chair was beautiful but had an obvious design flaw having to do with the stock mounts which provided a flimsy connection with glue and short screws. The chair broke about a month ago and I accepted that there was no warranty to cover the cost, however getting a proper quote in a timely fashion has been like pulling teeth.

Desired outcome: Please make the process of getting your defective chair fixed faster and easier.

E
10:13 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Great Furniture, Terrible Service: My Experience with DWR.com

.com for their terrible customer service! I had to reorder my item three times, and each time they sent me the wrong item. It was a complete waste of time, and I only got my item after a month of waiting. The worst part is that they don't even apologize for their mistakes. It's like they don't care about their customers at all.

I was excited to purchase from DWR.com because they have a great selection of modern furniture, but after my experience with their customer service, I will never shop with them again. It's not worth the frustration and the time wastage. They really need to step up their game if they want to keep their customers.

On a positive note, the quality of their products is great. I love the sleek and modern design of the furniture. It's perfect for anyone who is looking to elevate their living space. The price point is a bit high, but it's worth it for the quality.

Overall, I would recommend DWR.com for their products but be prepared for terrible customer service. If you have any problems with your order, it may take a while to get it resolved. But if you're willing to take the risk, their furniture is definitely worth the investment.

S
8:36 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Design Within Reach Fails to Provide Customer Support for Broken Eames Chair

So, I dropped a whole lot of moolah on a sweet Eames Lounge Chair from Design Within Reach, only to have it break all outta warranty. Big bummer, dude. All I wanted was some help finding out where I could get it fixed up, ya know? So, I tried calling and emailing 'em like every month for NINE FLIPPIN' MONTHS and they still haven't given me squat for info. I even talked to one of their store managers on the phone like 31 days ago and sent follow-up email, but nada. Talk about not coming through for the customer, man.

Hide full review

Is Design Within Reach legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Design Within Reach as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 0% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Design Within Reach stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Design Within Reach should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Design Within Reach earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Design Within Reach achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

Design Within Reach has received 2 positive reviews on our site. This is a good sign and indicates a safe and reliable experience for customers who choose to work with the company.

Design Within Reach has registered the domain name for dwr.com for more than one year, which may indicate stability and longevity.

Dwr.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Design Within Reach website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Dwr.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

Dwr.com you are considering visiting, which is associated with Design Within Reach, is very old. Longevity often suggests that a website has consistently provided valuable content, products, or services over the years and has maintained a stable user base and a sustained online presence. This could be an indication of a very positive reputation.

The domain associated with Design Within Reach is registered with a high-end registrar, which can be an indicator of the company's commitment to maintaining a secure and reputable online presence.

Design Within Reach as a website that uses an external review system. While this can provide valuable feedback and insights, it's important to carefully evaluate the source of the reviews and take them with a grain of salt.

Design Within Reach website is deemed to be popular and indicating that it receives a high volume of traffic. It is important to be cautious when using a highly trafficked website, as it may be a target for cybercriminals looking to exploit vulnerabilities or steal personal information.

Dwr.com appears to have online shopping features, it's important to know that the platform supports an extensive range of payment methods, making it convenient and easy to complete your transaction. The payment procedure on the website is also relatively simple and straightforward, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free experience for buyers.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Design Within Reach has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 0% of 11 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • We conducted a search on social media and found several negative reviews related to Design Within Reach. These reviews may indicate issues with the company's products, services, or customer support. It is important to thoroughly research the company and its offerings before making any purchases to avoid any potential risks.
7:45 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Disappointing Customer Service Experience with Design Within Reach (dwr.com)

I recently ordered a lamp from Design Within Reach (dwr.com) and unfortunately, they sent me the wrong one. I was pretty bummed about it, but I decided to reach out to their customer support team to get it sorted out. I reached out multiple times, but it took them weeks to respond. I was starting to get pretty frustrated, but eventually, they got back to me and shipped out the correct lamp.

However, things didn't end there. They requested that I return the wrong lamp they had sent me, but I never heard back from them about how to go about doing that. In the meantime, I went ahead and installed the new lamp and realized that it wasn't really worth the hassle of dealing with this place. The quality of the lamp was just okay, but the customer service experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

All in all, I wouldn't really recommend Design Within Reach (dwr.com). While the product was okay, the customer service experience left a lot to be desired. If you're looking for a hassle-free experience, you might want to look elsewhere.

L
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Design Within Reach Review: Disappointing Experience and Lack of Customer Service

Yo, so I’m pretty bummed about my experience with Design Within Reach aka dwr.com. I copped two Profile shelf units four whole months ago, ya feel me? But get this, when the main shelves arrived (finally) a month ago, they didn’t include any assembly parts. I hit up DWR and they was tryna tell me that I had everything I needed, but I ain’t no fool, I know what I order. Then two weeks later they hit me back, thinking maybe the parts got lost during shipping or something. But did they follow up? Nah, son. And get this, I paid over 3Gs for this ish and I ain’t got nothin’ but excuses. It’s whack, yo. They saying it might be Knoll’s fault since they shipped it, but when I hit them up, they can’t do nothin’ cause I bought from DWR. This whole thing is ridiculous and I wouldn’t recommend ordering from them.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Design Within Reach: Good furniture selection, shipping delays from Europe

Design Within Reach has a good selection of furniture pieces, with some of them being made and shipped from Europe. However, it's important to note that if the shelves for your unit are not included in the box being shipped from Italy, your wait time may double - from the typical 12 weeks to 24 weeks for the entire order to arrive. It's a curious thing that there is no FedEx in Italy, but this seems to be something that DWR needs to improve on. Despite this shipping issue, the sales people at DWR are pleasant to deal with and always ready to help with a smile.

Design Within Reach DWR Review: Poor Customer Service and Delivery Experience

I got my hands on two Risom lounge chairs from DWR in August 2022. These chairs were meant to be super comfy for me and my family to lounge around on. Unfortunately, things didn't go as planned.

First off, the delivery service was a subcontractor called $#*!erson Transport. Let's just say that I wasn't impressed with them. When the chairs arrived, they were wrong! We sent them back within five minutes, but my husband made an error and signed the acceptance form hastily. This caused a whole lot of confusion. The chairs disappeared and we were left with nothing to sit on.

I reached out to DWR multiple times, but I ended up speaking to Zach. Unfortunately, he was not helpful at all. He refused to issue a refund, stating that the document containing our signature meant that we had accepted the chairs. This made me feel helpless, as I had no way of getting my money back. I even had to produce the chairs myself!

The customer service I received from DWR was abysmal. No calls were returned, and I was left feeling frustrated and unheard. This whole experience left me feeling disappointed and let down. As a result, I will never buy anything from this company again.

In conclusion, I cannot recommend DWR to anyone looking for high-quality furniture. The lack of communication and poor customer service really turned me off. If you're looking for good customer service, DWR is not the place to go.

M
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Disappointing Purchase and Customer Service Experience at Design Within Reach

I gotta tell ya, I just ain't too happy with my purchase experience at Design Within Reach. I bought me two Nerd Chairs from their online store, and boy howdy was I disappointed. Them chairs were shipped in plain ol' boxes without any fancy schmancy wrapping or packaging to protect 'em. Can ya believe it? And as ya might expect, one of them chairs was totally done in by the time it got to my doorstep. Now, I paid a pretty penny for them chairs, and I reckon that sorta price oughta come with some level of care when it comes to shipping the dang things.

But it ain't just the shipping that's got me down in the dumps. Them customer service folks over at Design Within Reach weren't exactly zippin' and zappin' to get my issue resolved. In fact, I found 'em to be downright slow and unhelpful. And that's just plain unacceptable in my book.

So, needless to say, I ain't plannin' on buyin' nothin' else from Design Within Reach. I reckon there's plenty of other stores out there that can offer me good quality products at a fair price, without all this hassle. Ya feel me?

S
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Design Within Reach's Shipping and Customer Service: Not Worth the Trouble

Design Within Reach's shipping process seems to be more trouble than it's worth. My order was shipped in several packages, and one of them was stuck on "label created" for almost a week. I got in touch with their customer service team to inquire about the delay, and they seemed indifferent and eager to get me off their hands. They advised me to wait for a WEEK for the tracking to update, which was not very reassuring.

After waiting for another few days, I contacted them again, and they finally acknowledged that something might be wrong with the shipping. They promised to ship a replacement part and assured me that someone would get in touch with me in two business days. Unfortunately, that never happened. I was left in the dark, wondering when or if I would ever receive my purchase.

Amazingly enough, I received the third package just two days later. However, it was not what I had ordered! The part was completely wrong; it was the wrong size, the wrong color, and the wrong shape. I couldn't believe it! My frustration level was off the charts, and I was at my wit's end.

All in all, my experience with Design Within Reach has been less than satisfactory. Their shipping process and customer service leave much to be desired, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone looking for quality products and reliable service.

D
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Poor Customer Service and Communication: My Experience with DWR Stools

Okay, listen here folks. I got me some bar stools from the DWR website a while back, and let me tell you...it was a whole ordeal. I was told they had 'em in stock and I'd get 'em quick, but boy was I wrong. Ain't nobody know what's goin' on there, they just keep sayin' it's some sorta system glitch. I mean, come on now, keep me updated or somethin'! I feel like I'm left out in the cold, all on my own. And don't even get me started on the customer service. I called up the Miami store one day and this guy named Daniel, he was just plain rude. Laughin' at my problems like it's some sorta joke. And don't even think the customer service folks were any better. I was complainin' about the whole situation and one of 'em just straight up hung up on me! Is this the way they treat us customers? Ain't nobody deserves that sorta treatment. I guess I'll just stick to buyin' my furniture elsewhere from now on.

B
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Design Within Reach Horrendous Experience with Design Within Reach - Stay Away from DWR.com and Ukay Delivery Service

I had a horrendous experience with Design Within Reach (dwr.com) and strongly advise against purchasing anything from them. Be prepared to wait for months before you receive your items. And when they finally do arrive, be ready for a terrible experience with their “white glove” delivery service, Ukay.

Ukay is simply not ok. They refuse to arrange a delivery date and time in advance and turn down proposed dates and times at short notice. This makes it impossible to make reasonable arrangements for delivery, as they did twice in my case.

What’s more, Design Within Reach seems to turn a blind eye to Ukay's appalling service. All they say is that Ukay is a white glove service, when in fact they are a third rate outfit.

I urge you to take my advice and stay far away from Design Within Reach. Trust me; you do not want to go through the same experience I had to endure.

Read full review of Design Within Reach and 1 comment