Having problems with Ballard Designs?

+1 800 536 7551 (Orders / Customer Service)
+1 813 875 7100 (Tampa, FL)
+1 904 642 3260 (Jacksonville, FL)
+1 954 633 4394 (Coral Springs Outlet, Margate, FL)
+1 404 603 7033 (Atlanta, GA)
+1 770 594 1671 (Roswell Outlet, GA)
+1 508 315 6042 (Natick Mall, MA)
+1 516 874 5235 (Roosevelt Field, Garden City, NY)
+1 980 365 8951 (SouthPark Mall, Charlotte, NC)
+1 513 603 1333 (West Chester Outlet, OH)
+1 484 801 5820 (King of Prussia Mall, PA)
+1 571 341 5391 (Tysons Corner Center, VA)
5568 West Chester Road
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SunClosed
Florida

Tampa
International Plaza & Bay Street, 2223 N. West Shore Blvd, Sp #2001, Tampa, FL, 33607

Jacksonville
St. Johns Town Center, 10275 Buckhead Branch Drive, Suite 101, Jacksonville, FL 32246

Coral Springs Outlet, Margate, FL

Tysons Corner Center
8084L Tysons Corner Center, Suite K7L, Tysons Corner, VA 22102

Complaints & Reviews

product/shipping/customer service

I made several custom orders. First order - 2 dining chairs. Product quality is cheap. Not laid out a...

banquette bench

Never ever buy anything from them! I ordered a banquette set in may 2018. I paid in full when I ordered...

marketing scam

I have been shopping online for new office furniture. I saw a piece I liked at Ballard's, but then found out I had to pay a fortune for shipping. Then the item went on sale and I got an email from them saying here is an extra 20% off discount anything over $150... SO I put the item in the cart and they now charge me the original price! What a bait and switch! An item on sale has never been a promotion- this is a marketing scam!

Useless and unprofessional customer service

If something goes wrong don't think they will help you. They shipped the wrong order to me and of...

vanity tower and wall unit

Ive been trying to deal with customer service for 2 months now. I had $200 Ballard Designs Gift Card. I used...

furniture

I ordered $3000 worth of furniture that was in stock in February, 2017. It is June now!! They are giving me a...

Purchasing Nightmare

Where do I begin.

Here's the short story: Ballard customer service is a joke, as is their 'anticipated ship times, ' which have never been correct. They blame everything on their manufacturers.

Long story: I've placed several orders with Ballard and each of them were delayed significantly, so much so that I actually received a package to my old address after moving out of the state. The latest nightmare began when I ordered a bed and some other items mid-January with a shipping date of mid-February. I selected a 'Select' fabric for the bed specifically for the quick shipping, but this was still a custom order. Lo and behold, the delayed merchandise emails came flooding in, not only for one item in my order but ALL of them, the most pressing for us being the bed. Finally, after receiving an email that our bed would be more than 4 weeks delayed I decided to call to see if I could swap out fabric on the bed since it was going to be eons before I received it anyway. I called to see if it would be possible, was told someone would call me back. I got a voicemail later that day saying that they had CANCELED my order and to call to reorder in different fabric. In a panic (no way did I want this to be another three month ordeal), I called and was informed that my order HADN'T been canceled but that I could do that and switch the fabric for an up charge. They quoted me a fairly quick ship date so I thought, why not. Might as well get a different fabric that I actually wanted. I asked if I could use the initial discount I had used and I again was told someone would call me in a couple days to discuss. I wait. No phone call. I call back and am told I CAN use the discount and we proceed with switching the fabric and creating a new order. This was Saturday. I spoke to my husband on Sunday and at this point he is fed up and wants a darn bed to sleep in, so I call on Monday to say I need to cancel the whole thing because we just need a bed at this point. I'm informed that I can't cancel the order because of the new fabric I chose. What? I was never informed of this over the phone when I placed the order. The rep in the voicemail made it sound like this would be an easy quick thing to do. Apparently THIS was a custom order, when the last one I canceled was too! They said they'd already shipped the fabric to the manufacturer so I asked if they could just return the fabric. Or if I could pay for the fabric. Again I'm told someone will call me back in 2-3 days. What?? I have to wait AGAIN for someone to answer my question?

This company is a joke. I've never had my merchandise arrive on time- not e en fabric samples or a wood shelf. You can't blame a manufacturer for 'custom order delays' on those, Ballard.

Ultimately I'm going to cancel the credit card they charged and tell them it's their choice. I bet if they know they won't get paid they'll conveniently find a way to cancel the order.

Buyer beware. They're unclear on returns over the phone, you can never have your questions answered or accomplish the purpose of your inquiry in one phone call with Ballard and you will NEVER receive your orders in time.

Expected Order Ship Date Continues To Move Out

We ordered a Gold Sunburst Mirror(WM898) from Ballard Designs January 6th, and received an email with expected ship date of Jan. 15th. We thought, terrific! We then received an update email on Jan. 10th with a new expected ship date of Jan. 20th. Delays can be understandable, so we thought "no problem, we will look for it to ship out on the 20th".
Unfortunately, after that first delayed shipment email, we have received new expected ship date emails(13 emails total since Jan 8th as of today, Jan 29th), which move the date out another few days. The latest one received today now says the expected ship date is Feb 9th. Not sure if we will ever receive this mirror, as the expected ship date continues to move out every few days. Called customer service, but they were of little assistance other than saying they receive the dates from the manufacturer. This is extremely frustrating. Hopefully the mirror will ship out on the 9th, but I have a sneaky suspicion we will receive expected date delay emails before then.

The rep started without our approval

My husband and I moved into new house and wanted to change the kitchen. We contacted the rep from Ballard Designs and provided all measurements of our kitchen. We told the material, style and approximate sum, which we were ready to pay for the design, work and installation. The sum was good, but the rep ruined everything. He took the order and payment, but after he hasn’t showed the design, but started to make this kitchen without our approval. Be careful with them.

Customer Abuse

I placed an order for an IN STOCK sofa in August. (My receipt has proof of status)After 2 weeks of silence I called for delivery status and my 60 day, 30 hour nightmare began. Customer Service Managers (I spoke to 11)misinformed me ( a polite way of saying they lied to me), didn't follow up, dropped the ball, made excuses (it was the vendors fault) until finally it was too late to pull my order and shop with someone else.After threatening a lawsuit they finally shipped my order. There was NO FOLLOW UP BY BALLARD - NO FORMAL APOLOGY - NOTHING. BEWARE shopping with this company. There are only first name faceless voices on the phone who "pass the buck" at every opportunity with cold indifference. I am apalled.

Broken bookshelf replacement

DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BALLARD DESIGNS! EVEN IF THEY PAY YOU TO TAKE IT, DON'T!!!
I ordered a set of five bookshelves, when they arrived the left end bookshelf was busted. The delivery guys they sent to my house looked like criminals complete with a nail, yes an actual nail, through his ear. The delivery guy asked me for a box cutter to open the boxes! hmmm so I asked "Doesn't your company supply you with tools?" to which he replied "Oh I don't work for them, I'm just helping my buddy today!" We called Ballard to let them know the bookcase was broken, they said they would send a new one and pick up the broken one. That was July, in November I got my replacement, but the delivery guys said they weren't authorized to pick up the broken one. In December they charged my credit card for the broken one that they were supposed to pick up. THAT IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD, THEY MADE AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE TO MY CARD WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!
It is now March, I'm still waiting for a credit to my card AND for them to get their broken bookshelf out of my house.

faulty merchandise and no support from company

I have never complained via the world wide web before, but I am so disappointed with 2 lamps (Lancaster Floor Lamp and Lancaster Desk Lamp) from Ballard Designs. www.ballarddesigns.com

These lamps from Ballard Designs are made of steel, and were gently used in our home (no kids, dogs, or lumberjacks using them roughly) for less than 2 years. Wouldn't you expect them to last a little longer than that without breaking? Combined purchase price: $200.

Most disappointing is Ballard Designs' response: "Unfortunately the product is outside our 1 year warranty and we are unable to exchange the lamps. We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

$200 out the window is more than an inconvenience; it is unacceptable. Ballard Design's message to me is clearly that they don't care that they sold me a product that didn't hold up in the way that it should have.

Ballard Designs is correct that this product is outside the warranty. But it is not outside LOGIC to expect a steel lamp to last more than 2 years and it is not outside good customer service for Ballard Designs to step up to the problem. So I now join others here on this site complaining about Ballard Designs and their unsatisfactory response to my problem.
I am warning other consumers to Buyer Beware if you gamble on dealing with Ballard Designs.

Do not order from them

This was by far the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I recommend never orderning from...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices