Restaurant.comCertificates

P

I am really surprised to see so many complaints about Restaurant.com. I have purchased dozens of certificates from them and never had a problem. We have gone to many new places we would have never tried without the coupon. I have never had a restaurant reject the coupon. I was able to see all of the terms and conditions before I made my purchase. I think this is a great service and I am very happy with them. The only time I've ever regretted my purchase was with one restaurant that is in a shady neighborhood. But that is not restaurant.coms fault.

• Br
    Brila Nov 27, 2009

I have a complaint- I bought a certificate that said 25.00. The restaurant did not take the full 25.00 off they took the less entree off (22.00) then they put on 18% tip on the full bill INCLUDING tax which was 72.00. In any other situation you tip PRIOR to tax especially since tax is at 8.75% tax it ridiculous! When I called restaurants.com to complain the certificate states 25 they simply said not our problem call the rstaurant.