[Resolved] Regus Group / Realty / Realtorscustomer service position

C

Was offered job position of customer service rep. From home & online. Will have 2 weeks training probation which I was to be paid $900.00/week. Duties included data entry and collecting rental payments from
Europe. I had to submit western union or money gram locations for payments to be transmitted to or send them my personal bank information for these funds to be deposited to & I in turn would have to transfer these funds to them. Seriously?? Of course when I questioned this practice, I did not get a response from dan bernstein (Hr) or alice cowen (Financial manager) who was supposed to be "training" me during the 2 week probation period. Please, please do not be suckered in to their unethical practices. During these hard economic times, it's a shame that companies prey on people who are so eager to get jobs that this sort of practice is intolerable.

• Resolution Statement

• Regus Group Customer Care's Response · Feb 10, 2011

At Regus we have become aware that an entity is trading under our brand name. This is not something we have authorized. Our legal team is currently investigating ‘Regus Realty’ (aka ‘Regus Estates’) and has contacted the relevant authorities. We are clearly concerned about this matter and urge individuals and businesses to avoid engaging with any brands that position themselves as part of a company that they are not. If you are concerned that you are being targeted by an illegitimate organization, please contact the relevant local authorities. For more information on Regus, its brands and products, please visit: http://www.regus.com/?utm_campaign=forums

• J
      Jan 27, 2011

Thank you so much for posting this! They tried to get me today too.

• M
      Jan 28, 2011

I was solicited by them two days ago, and agreed for further information. I was presented with the EXACT same information, and did my research as far as location and what not... I was even skeptical regarding the quality of their website. I also typed in their name into several search engines and could not get an exact reponse to "Regus Realty", nor were they listed as a tenant in that building (in which I planned on calling in the morning anyways.)

• K
      Jan 29, 2011

I may be in the same boat...did you go any further than that. They are not respomding to my emails and questions either. I should have known if it's too good to be true it probably is.

• R
      Jan 29, 2011

Mary Jane, please post your findings after you call the building. I think I have made a grave mistake in believing that they might actually be legitimate. I quit my part-time job thinking I was making a good decision. these scam postings were not available before I turned in my resignation. I actually couldn't find any complaints about the regus realty until Csims posted her compliant on the 27 of this month.

• K
      Jan 30, 2011

Be careful everyone! I admit, I was naive and just plain stupid. After, what I thought, I was asking all the right questions...Alice and Dan gave me false Tax Ids and on their information, told me they were a part of the reputable Regus that rents out office space around the world, had me do a few days of data entry and just to be safe I opened a new account to do this transfer business. All along my gut told me no but I tried it anyway. Luckily as a new account, none of my money was in there. They put funds in...I made one transfer and today Western Union called me to tell me the funds may be fraudulent/stolen. Then another fake company they said was putting funds in my account for another training assignment tried to take out...not put in... over $6000.00 from my account...which there was none because I opened a buisness account for this. My bank and western Union are starting investigations and said I may need to work with the police and let them access my computer emails. I feel so stupid and have spent my entire day trying to fix things. No one from this Regus Realty will respond to any emails. DO NOT GET INVOLVED, I'm embarrassed that I did! My bank called me thinking there was fraudulent activity thank the good Lord, and cancelled the account!

• R
      Feb 07, 2011

Omg I'm at the library now printing up contracts for them im so glad somebody posted these lord I was just too suscpicious craiglist has got to do some investigating honest people looking for honest things its terrible!

• J
      Feb 14, 2011

I just want to thank all of you who wrote about this "company". I also received a job offer without first applying or having any sort of interview. I searched the name provided & found all of your commentary. Thanks again. Hitting delete on that one - Best wishes to all of you in your employment searches!

• C
      Feb 15, 2011

I have been doing data entry for the last 2 days, I opened a new account like Kevin did to make sure that they couldn't access my personal bank account. What an idiot I am!!! Thanks everyoneb for the information, I should have done my research sooner. Thankfully they have not deposited any money and I haven't gotten into the same situation as Kevin. I will cancel the account as soon as I sign off here. How stupid could I be!!!

• P
      Feb 16, 2011

Thanks everyone for posting your experiences. They offered me a position via e-mail just 10 hours after I submitted my resume and references. At least I now not to give them any more. One thing I noticed that tipped me off to do further research is that their website has no "www" which makes it an internal site they maintain through private servers. The fact that everything they linked to was based on this site said to me that all these companies they are referencing are not involved. In fact, I would like to contact those companies and let them know so they are not embroiled. Best of luck to everyone in their search.

• S
      Feb 23, 2011

I am a complete idiot! I actually applied to this position on 'craigs list' and was excited to get it. I was told like everyone else that I would have two weeks probation. I unfortunately did a whole week of data entry but was told on the first Friday that Mrs. Coven was in a car accident. I was waiting for a transfer, that thank GOD never went through, and I never received the paycheck I was promised either. Whats crazy is I did all my home work, and even called the company located at that address, and someone from Regus answered the phone. It was only after asking a few questions that I discovered that it was not the same company, and that they had never heard of Daniel Barstein. I have turned down two very good job offers, for a scam. I really hope this never happens to anyone else. I did manage to keep copies of all of the emails, and I have filed a complaint with the BBB, and the FBI just today. I have to say, I am a very careful person, but this was a very elaborate scam. I can't believe I fell for this too. : - (