Regus company logo

Regus
reviews & complaints
Regus
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

343 complaints
256 resolved 87 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Regus customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Regus reviews & complaints

Regus complaints 343

Regus - Retainer amount not refunded

I am writing with utmost frustration on the way Regus is handling its customers.

I had requested for the retainer return on December 15, 2021 and got a mail stating it will be processed in 15 days. Today is January 23rd, 2021 and still I am looking into my Bank statement for any credit from Regus and no response to my email dated January 7th, 2021.

These people are really frustrating.

Vivek

R

Regus - Requested office already rented out to another tenant without my knowledge.

The below info refers to an office I requested to rent in Cedarwoods Bryanston: On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 6:56 AM wrote: Dear Robert McLeod, Thank you for your order for office space at...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Regus - Renewal agreement without renter's consent and forcing to pay high rents

I have rented the office space with Regus since 2018. Due to COVID 19 outbreak worldwide, my business is also got affected negatively.

My current rental will be due on March 31, 2022, and I would like to keep an office space for daily operation. However, thing got changed dramatically due to Regus's auto renewal system miscommunication. On December 24, I received the renewal reminder by email which contains auto renewal rent options. I viewed the new price which has been increased by 75% from $900 to $ 1560/month. I was so shocked by this huge increases, although I expected it could be increased by 20%. In the email, they invite me to contact them if I have any questions and would like to discuss with me by December 31. So I replied by email and asked for other lower rent option (change to smaller space, etc), but no response. The I sent another 2 emails to express my disagreement and concern on the renewal issue, but still no response. In January 2, I got auto renewal confirmation email from them and told me it has been successfully auto renewed. The staff from Regus said I have to pay the rent no matter what because it is has been renewed. Afterwards, I contacted Regus account help desk for 2 weeks, ticket numbers got expired for no reason. Until now none of them from Regus provide me with any solution. All what they want is to wait for the time so they charge my credit card in March with whatever amount shows in the unlawful agreement renewed by the machine. I told them the agreement is not an agreement and it is against my will.

Now, after 2 weeks of contacting the account help desk team, I feel like they treated me like a toy. The team leader said he could not do anything and let me contact the help desk. The help desk told me I should contact the team leader for solution. Regus do not care for their customers but only their own money. They just don't want to provide any solution. All you see from their website about cares for customers are lies.

I am willing to pay rent to keep my business going through this pandemic, but has to be a mutual agreement. But they do not respond to any of my calls and emails in effective way. I am wondering if Regus always treat old customers like that, no matter how long you have been paying to them.

Desired outcome: Change to other affordable office or virtual office

G

Regus - Office and facilities

There is currently no heating in the whole building so my manager has had to work from home for 2 days, this has happened before and it is not acceptable. We are paying to have heating to work and also we have had problems with our phone in the office with technical issues such as the diversion not working properly which means we have lost customers as calls were not coming through.

Regus - Late Invoice

My name is Sergio Melchiori, I live in São Paulo, Brazil. E-mail: [protected]@hotmail.com.
I was a Regus's client in São Paulo during 2018 to begining 2019.
I payed all my bills at that time.
My suprize was that now, Sao Paulo Regus is charging me the 2019 invoces that was payed at that time.
It will give me a lot of effort in order to find where the payment bill is located, I cannot understand why after 3 year they are charging me that.
I count with your help in order make the team search for the bill, because I can assure that it there and this is not far with me.
Sérgio

Desired outcome: The local team need to search for the payment bill.

Regus - Increase office rent by 77%

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email. Of course, no need to say that I am very surprised by your email and it is something that I haven't expected from a company as Regus to do in such a manner and in such a short notice.
I had been wondering If I did something wrong and your email is indirect eviction in a short notice. But on the other hand, I have realised that I haven't used/visited your office since 22/12-11/01/2022 at all.

I am wondering if you can review your files as I believe that there must have been a mistake on the calculations that makes severe damages to Regus Reputation. Never happened to me before somebody to increase my rent by 77% in one go and after just a year of contract. No need to say that you are not taking into account the pandemic.

If you really like to thank me for my continued and valued business and being pleased to serve me (as it states into your email) I will kindly request to review your fee offer. My business will not be sustainable if you increase the rent by 80% as I can't do the same and increase my fees by 80%. If you want me as your customer you should also want my business to be sustainable.

Of course your offer of Business Centre Lounge access across the world doesn't mean anything to me as I have never used this before and I will not use it as for my business I need privacy.

The other option is to transfer me into another room. As I mentioned to you last February, I need one small room to use it out of working hours for one session per week. The only time that I am using my current room is 4-7.30 pm every Tuesday. So overall 14hours per month-not per week.
The rest of the days/hours remain unused. I do not have anything against the possibility for somebody else to use my room for the rest of the week. (I can also start at 5pm instead of 4pm if this is something that can make a difference).

I hope that you understand the reasons why somebody who needs to use one desk room just for 14hours per month cannot afford 80% (+ VAT) increase in the rent.

I had the impression that Regus was a serious Company when I decided to make business with you. I am expecting you to review your fees or to find another solution (if it is true that you care for your clients) for a mutual interest.

Your sincerely
Dr Kosta Chouliaras

Desired outcome: To review the increase of cost office or to have the same room as share room

Regus - Office space

Regus was evicted from their property in Playa Vista, C aifornia where my office was located and never told me. They then moved locations without advising me or responding to my mail that had been...

Regus - Unfair behaviour relating to termination of my contract

I have been a customer with Regus for a while now and recently decided to downgrade from a Co-working desk space to a virtual office as business hasn't picked up as I expected. I tried to contact...

Regus - Virtual Office - Beaconsfield - Account No 9654275 - Access Law Online

Dear Sirs,

I have tried to resolve this over the phone but keeping getting put through to the Beaconsfield MSA centre and getting cut off.

I have a virtual office at Beaconsfield Services which I have had for a number of years. On my invoice I am being charged £119 plus VAT for the virtual office and an additional £52 plus VAT for a telecom service. On your website, it says the virtual office at Beaconsfield Services is £52 plus VAT per month.

Why have I been charged so much for the use of my virtual office? Can I be refunded my overpayment or have it credited against my account?

Many thanks

Desired outcome: Refund of overpayment or credit against my account

Virtual Office - Beaconsfield - Account No 9654275 - Access Law Online

Dear Sirs,

Many thanks

M
Jan 07, 2022

Regus - Rent a private office

Dear Madam, Sir
I called Cesar Rubin, the Area Sales Manager for 5700, Yonge Street, Toronto location to upgrade my mailbox to a private office and we agreed on a one-year Agreement for office 213 for $1, 360 over the phone; however, when he sent me the offer the rate was $1, 376.15, not $1, 360 I called him to change the agreement and correct it but he refused as he is very strict. I have been a member of Regus for the past 4 years.
Businesses are already slow and many small businesses are facing challenges due to pandemics and frequently locked downs.
I expect you to have some flexibility and feel and understand your customers.

Desired outcome: Change my Agreement to the rate we agrred on it

Regus - Overcharging - late payment fees

Despite attempting to resolve the original overcharging by Hoboken since April 2020 with Hoboken staff as well as via the Regus portal, this has not been resolved. I was told that, although payments were made on time as I was paying via bank transfer and not provided my credit card details, I would continue to be charged late payment fees, even though the payment was not late, these have now accumulated and the email correspondence from Regus staff can only be classed as rude. The Regus staff clearly have no understanding whatsoever of how to treat their customers.

Desired outcome: Credit overcharged amounts in full

Is "Sandra Melody" a real person with a real HR title?

I
Jan 03, 2022

Regus - Billing

I signed a month - to month agreement for one month. I extended a second month and was told that I had to pay a $1000 deposit upfront. I also notified the "Office Manager" that I didn't intend to renew multiple times via Email but she insisted me logging on to a website but once I logged on with my login info and the option was not there. So now, I'm getting billed for "Breach of Contract" all the way to Feb 2022 which is equating to $3k+ and I turned in my keys and stuff months ago. I haven't been on the property at all and their asking me to pay a balance of $3k for a space that I was told I couldn't even use. This is truly unacceptable and I advice any small business to STAY away. Expecting small businesses to pay for renting a space 1-2 months early is just not fair or reasonable.

Desired outcome: Getting this balance resolved since I haven't even had access to the building!

Regus - Ibiz

Please refund the unauthorized charge made to my Capital One credit card
There are 4 charges made totaling $819.06. The charges are $64.24, $142.38, $299.68, and $312.76.
If you go back in your files you will see that IBIZ Inc account was closed out completely. I don't remember my log-in.
I have contacted Capital One and disputed these charges.
I was assured by your attorney that our case was closed.
I can be reached at [protected] or [protected]@comcast.net
Your prompt attention is appreciated.
Ibi Nathans

Desired outcome: full refund for Ibiz, Inc

Regus - Termination of membership agreement

Case reference number: C-6953809-Z0V3 Account Number: [protected] Company Name: Carrie Jaffe or Accurate Assessments of San Diego Around September or October, I asked the Regus receptionist about the...

Regus - Virtual office

If any of the below sounds familiar, send an email to [protected]@protonmail.com so we can work together to counter Regus' unprofessional and aggressive business practices. I hired a Virtual Office...

Regus - Termination of auto renewal

Dear Team,

Greetings!

This is in furtherance to my previous correspondences with my center team members - Abuja, constitution avenue, Nigeria.

I wish to again request the termination of our automatically renewed contract for the period 1st, February 2022 to 30th April 2022. I have since on Nov 1st, 2021, been in communication with my center team on this subject and they have however expressed that our request is beyond the purview of their limit. Earlier to this, we spoke to our center team that we do not wish to subscribe to auto-renewals at any point in time.

We had considered renewing our contract, but we ultimately felt that Regus was not acting in good faith when dealing with us and we have therefore decided to end the relationship.

In view of the above, we do not wish to proceed with the automatic renewal, we equally do not wish to default in our subsequent payments and as such we are hereby escalating our complaint.

It is our fervent belief that you will effect the termination of our automatically renewed contract, which is obviously ethically necessary.

Thanks for your usual cooperation and understanding.

Faruk

Desired outcome: Regus should terminate the automatically renewed contract, which will mean that our contract will terminate 31st of January, 2022.

Regus - Regus

Usually do not write reviews but I am beyond frustrated. I have been with Regus for awhile now and these complaints are spot on. They have locked me into another agreement without any notification. They told me to check my spam. I just want to get of this and be done. The customer service has been extremely poor. They don't even have a messaging service which was an option when I first signed up.

Desired outcome: Cancel agreement

Regus - Unethical behaviour

I was acting as a contractor for a tenant of Regus and at first I was fond of the amenity of the office space but soon found the management of receptionist is kind of annoying which stop me thinking about rent an office here.
I think cleaning is included in the lease from Regus, however, the receptionist keeps telling me clean up the bowls I didn't use and never listen to me that I even don't use the those bowls at all. That's ridiculous. What's worse, she never check or knock whether I am busy talking or typing to my clients before she gave her lectures to me. Until one day I have a little pissed off because I am dealing with a very important client and I just told her I don't have time please leave. She seems unhappy and fabricated more things behind just none of the tenant or others believe.
I just found a few peaceful days later until today she asked me to clean up the shredding machine, again she accused me of making a mess there which she neve listen to me that I have never used the machine at that time. I have ignored her attitude and try to give her a suggestion that why not using a bag that will reduce the mess for themselves she just rudely interrupted with "We don't have any bags". Then she just threatened to me, if you don't cooperate, I will take action. So, cooperation for what, to clean up everything for the receptionist?
If you want to find a space that you want to focus on your own work, try to find a place with good receptionist that is helpful. If not, your work will full of all kinds of lectures and fabricated stories against you.
By the way, the office is Ampersand West Tower in Calgary. Hope someone could see this situation. She might be a good employee to you because she saved a lot of time for herself and told you all the tenant are in control. But not good for tenant or potential tenant.

W

Hi,

I'm sorry to read your comments and take this very seriously. I have followed up with our local leadership team and received feedback. We believe there has been a misunderstanding and would encourage you to talk to the centre team who will be happy to assist you.

Alternatively, you can contact me at [email protected] if I can help further. Regards, Sandra Melody Head of Customer Services

Regus - Contract dispute

I took out a 6 month office agreement with Regus with the monthly rental being based on a month to month term. The work i thought id have that required me to take out an office space didnt materialise mainly due to lockdown restrictions posed by the COVID pandemic. I emailed Regus advising them of this and notifying them of my intent to vacate the space.

The contract terms issued to me were very basic and ambigious in terms of the notice for termination by the tenant (me) but there was reference to some notice being required but this may or not have been asscociated with the notice period associated with the termination of auto renewal but its still confusing and ambiguios. Despite this, i gave Regus 3 months notice that i would be vacating but they wrote to me advising me that i was on a fixed term and that i couldnt serve notice to vacate. I have disputed this on several occasions and i have sent them evidence of what i recieved in writing stating that it was a month to month arrangement but they ignore the evidence and send threatening notice emails in return. I have asked them repeatedly to refer our dispute to an independant adjudicator but again, they ignore these requests and send the threatening and distressing emails in return stating they have applied penalty charges and will pass the account onto a credit management company. I will not pay their penalties as i can evidence my attempts to reach an amicable agreement on this but they are playing unfair. Please help. Ive enclosed a copy of the original emailed proposal sent to me with the costs (as agreed) and the reference to 'month to month'

Desired outcome: Reach agreement with Regus on settlement of account with no penalties being required

S
Dec 20, 2021

Regus - Members Lounge Membership

Regus staff humiliate and degrade disabled people. They are even arrogant enough to claim 'what is and what is not a delibating disability?'.

Given recent surgery and medical advice/guidelines to WFH I informed an online representative that I needed to pause/cancel my membership so I wouldn't have to pay the month of December. The representative went on to humiliate and offend me in ways that are against UK disability and consumer legislation.

They kept asking me for medical proof that I was disabled which I find offensive considering Regus is not a medical institution and can not determine what counts as a disability.

Under pressure, I did show them medical/government proof of my disability(I felt really uncomfortable doing so) but still they claimed they wanted a letter- I don't know what they want the letter to state and why they want such personal information?

The whole situation has caused me a lot of distress as I am trying to follow the guidelines set by my doctor and stay safe. However, Regus seem intent on ensuring I pay for a service which I can not use unless I put myself at risk of severe illness. They is a reason some people have to shield during COVID.

No Cultural awareness exists at the company. They is a disgusting attitude towards illness and medical guidelines. I can't believe that they can use people's vulnerabilities against them and humiliate them in such a cruel/predatory way.

I have tried to message the company so they can explain their position but all my customer requests are now being ignored. I have also asked to complete a formal complaints procedure but again I am ignored by customer service

Awful company.

Desired outcome: refund of services since the date I informed company of my situation

S